TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

CNG Turbo

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

DJ Nexxus
Chronic TriniTuner

CNG Turbo

Postby DJ Nexxus » June 22nd, 2007, 9:12 am

Yeah fellas I have a question, Can a L series engine with a Carb and CNG be turbo'ed what are the pro's and con's of doing this?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » June 22nd, 2007, 10:59 am

do a search, in previous discussion
busses wtih a turbo cng system were found..........no tech, on how it was done though
Last edited by wagonrunner on June 24th, 2007, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » June 22nd, 2007, 10:59 am

i never hear bout turbo on cng....buh it may be possible with all the correct parts and procedures of carb turboing....... :wink:

may be ah bit trickee to tune..... :roll:

BTW i have ah CNG kit FS if yuh intrested...bolt on for L28..... :twisted: :mrgreen:

DJ Nexxus
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby DJ Nexxus » June 22nd, 2007, 11:16 am

Nice try DROPPA I never said it was a L28!! :D anyway people, I just bought a C32 Laurel with a L24 original Carb and a 70Lb CNG system, I like the fact that it costs about $6 or less to get into POS and back, and that I can switch to GAS when I need the power, But I wanted to know if I put a turbo on the L24 if it is possible with the CNG kit.

nismotrinidappa
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby nismotrinidappa » June 24th, 2007, 11:59 am

c.n.g is real high compression....dunno how the turbo gonna respond to dat?

with normal n/a engines the engine does be bawlin like a beyotch and reachin all kinda rpm before the gear change... :lol: :lol:

DJ Nexxus
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby DJ Nexxus » June 25th, 2007, 6:29 am

when you say CNG is high compression what do you mean, The gas itself is under high compression, or it needs a high compression engine to work? in which case the later would be wrong as it runs on an unmodified L24... right?

Dragsta
punchin NOS

Postby Dragsta » June 25th, 2007, 1:13 pm

when you say CNG is high compression what do you mean, The gas itself is under high compression, or it needs a high compression engine to work? in which case the later would be wrong as it runs on an unmodified L24... right?

he means CNG is under a High Pressure......
But CNG and turbo will not work....tried and tested and failed.....when the Boost kickin, the car just sputterd and could not go....the gas is too weak for boost.....
Even the Super gas is not good enough for turbo....it will cause pinging/knocking

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » June 25th, 2007, 1:17 pm

DJ Nexxus
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby DJ Nexxus » June 25th, 2007, 1:40 pm

Ok here is a possible solution then, can I use a boost controller to shut down the turbine when I switch to CNG?? and then when I switch to petrol it conmes back online?, WAGONRUNNER, I know there are systems that currently in use out there, but I am looking at more homegrown solutions, thanks, and keep it coming fellas

nismotrinidappa
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby nismotrinidappa » June 26th, 2007, 1:53 am

i was studyin dat...with teh boost controller u cant turn down boost in dat sense
if your turbo is 5 psi stock u can`t drop it to 3 psi.. with the boost controller u can raise boost and bring it back to stock.. so if it not workin at 5psi ..forget it

seems like a lot of expense....the only benefit would be better mileage

is there a way?
maybe u custom fabricate two intakes and exhausts, one n/a working with cng and one boosted working with gas. when u flick d switch one closes off and the other opens

whey de engineers dem
lol :idea:

DJ Nexxus
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby DJ Nexxus » June 26th, 2007, 6:31 am

Dappa yuh read mih mind they, I already started to sketch something to bypass the Exhaust turbine manifold...lol

Vish
Riding on 13's

CNG Turbo

Postby Vish » January 10th, 2018, 8:55 pm

Dragsta wrote:

he means CNG is under a High Pressure......
But CNG and turbo will not work....tried and tested and failed.....when the Boost kickin, the car just sputterd and could not go....the gas is too weak for boost.....
Even the Super gas is not good enough for turbo....it will cause pinging/knocking

How will CNG cause pinging? The Octane Rating is extremely high!

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”