TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

P10/P11/P12 Club

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: P10/P11/P12 Club

Postby skylinechild » December 3rd, 2015, 6:36 am

Nissan12 wrote:
Sasenarine wrote:Need assistance with my P12.
QR20 engine and CVT tranny
Tranny keeps going into 'fail safe mode' and holding back after driving from Diego to El Socorro now.
Took it to Julien in Cunupia when I 1st bought it and replaced two speed sensors (one on top and below tranny) and it worked for a few minutes until I reach highway. (did diagnostic tests to detect these)
Only happens when I drive kinda fast.
The tech there said the cvt oil in good condition but wants to do a thorough check on the tranny.
Basically I want to know if any one had similar experience and what I should have them check.

My car is from garage to garage with same problem. Changed two sensors ($3k) and no change. All electrical wires checked and loaner TCM installed to see if any difference. Next check is the step motor to see if that works. Can't accept it's the tranny itself as it worked fine one day and dead the next. The joys of a 2003 car that has technology that locals still can't diagnose

which garages did you carry the car by?
what exactly did they say the fault was.??
you said you changed sensors - did you buy new replacements no name sensors, OEM nissan, or f used?

who told you locals cant dianose the issue.?if you carrying it by the wrong ppl all the time
check out ryotech performance.
run a tuner search for him- he should be able to help you out. or at least get u goin in the right direction.

Sasenarine
Street 2NR

Postby Sasenarine » December 14th, 2015, 1:38 pm

skylinechild wrote:
Nissan12 wrote:
Tranny keeps going into 'fail safe mode' and holding back after driving from Diego to El Socorro now.
Took it to Julien in Cunupia when I 1st bought it and replaced two speed sensors (one on top and below tranny) and it worked for a few minutes until I reach highway. (did diagnostic tests to detect these)
The tech there said the cvt oil in good condition but wants to do a thorough check on the tranny.
Basically I want to know if any one had similar experience and what I should have them check.

My car is from garage to garage with same problem. Changed two sensors ($3k) and no change. All electrical wires checked and loaner TCM installed to see if any difference. Next check is the step motor to see if that works. Can't accept it's the tranny itself as it worked fine one day and dead the next. The joys of a 2003 car that has technology that locals still can't diagnose

you said you changed sensors - did you buy new replacements no name sensors, OEM nissan, or f used?

who told you locals cant dianose the issue.?if you carrying it by the wrong ppl all the time
run a tuner search for him- he should be able to help you out. or at least get u goin in the right direction.

Based on $3k for sensors, that hadda be OEM.

It seems to be trial an error but my concern is the cost to that is involved to do so.
Willing to give Ryotech a try but I will hadda put aside a portion of $ before I go there, or so I was advised.

Any idea how much for the tranny f/used or how much to overhaul one of these?

Sasenarine
Street 2NR

Postby Sasenarine » December 17th, 2015, 9:54 am

QR20 tranny only for P12 - $3,000

thunder7554
3NE 2NR for life

Postby thunder7554 » December 18th, 2015, 8:26 pm

Sasenarine wrote:
skylinechild wrote:
Nissan12 wrote:

It seems to be trial an error but my concern is the cost to that is involved to do so.
Willing to give Ryotech a try but I will hadda put aside a portion of $ before I go there, or so I was advised.

Fellas, I got the same problem with my SR20De with CVT, in my case an engine/ac fan stopped working, sending the temperature to just over the half mark, thus sending the CVT into "safe mode"
It's worth a check!!!

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » December 20th, 2015, 12:54 pm

Sasenarine wrote:
skylinechild wrote:
Nissan12 wrote:

soo based on you payin 3k for two sensors...that give the inclination is new OEM sensors.??
when u go by these other places and they replaced sensors did they giv you back your "old" sensors?

right now i hav a transmission issue and the one replacement sensor is $3720.
issue was diagnosed correctly by ryotech performance and new part sourced and on its way.

id recommend you go by ryotech and let him do his thing.

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » December 20th, 2015, 4:05 pm

^only YOU paying $3750 for a tranny sensor, when the same tranny selling for $1800 fu.....

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » December 21st, 2015, 6:15 pm

black start wrote:^only YOU paying $3750 for a tranny sensor, when the same tranny selling for $1800 fu.....

dat price is NEW...not F used....an if i buy a transmission..WTF am i doin with my current transmission.??

an if u read correctly i said the price is $3720....i NEVER said i payin dat price eah.... :lol:
my price is cheaper wayyyyy chaper...u kno that... :lol:

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » December 21st, 2015, 6:46 pm

Ahahahaha....gearbox ftw

3eleventy
Riding on 13's

Postby 3eleventy » December 29th, 2015, 10:45 am

Good day what's the average price to pay for a primera p11 or p12

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » December 29th, 2015, 7:54 pm

Somewhere between 45 to 55k for a good one. I paid 41k. No major trouble but she's got aome work to be done.

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » December 30th, 2015, 10:59 am

Quick question : anyone ever use super pro or energy suspension on their p11? Can anyone give feedback on the benefits?

gadgetman
Riding on 13's

Postby gadgetman » January 22nd, 2016, 12:36 am

hey guys, new here. I'm wondering if anyone can give me a lead on where i can get a metal tappet pan cover for P12. Assuming thats a good switch from my current plastic cover on which thr valve seals cant be changed.
any advice will be appreciated. :)

Sasenarine
Street 2NR

Postby Sasenarine » February 19th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Hi fellow Primera owners.
So the tranny end up in fail safe mode and refused to reset.
Took it to Julien's, step up motor error came up.
$1600 @ Motorist Arouca
Change Nissan NS1 CVT oil $400 @ Autorama El Socorro
Changed a speed sensor too
Total cost including scanning, clearing of error, idle adjustment and labor : $2,700 total and car works properly 24hrs now

coltspeed
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby coltspeed » March 17th, 2016, 10:11 am

looking for p11 wagon gas lid (*not gas tank cover screw type*) ASAP. any info of anyone scrapping or has one in particular FS would be appreciated.
NOTE: the sedan cannot fit on the wagon as the wagon one is larger and slightly curved and the sedan is flat with a slight kink like impression at the top.
Pm or reply with details please.

Sasenarine
Street 2NR

Postby Sasenarine » April 5th, 2016, 9:24 am

Having issues getting the front passenger wheel to camber. No adjustment on my 2002 P12 model.
I found out the car was in an collision before I bought it.
Already changed suspension parts and tyre cutting real bad still.
Can any one suggest /advise who to go to?

myfirstborn
Riding on 13's

Postby myfirstborn » April 8th, 2016, 1:00 am

Thinking of buying a p12 primera. Any advise on performance, availability of parts, foreign vs local, cost of a basic tune up etc

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » April 8th, 2016, 8:11 am

Sasenarine wrote:Having issues getting the front passenger wheel to camber. No adjustment on my 2002 P12 model.
I found out the car was in an collision before I bought it.
Already changed suspension parts and tyre cutting real bad still.
Can any one suggest /advise who to go to?

check 2D max auto, they have an alignment shop at the back of the store in chase vlg...and that guy rel rel good.

he takes his time to get it done.

do a search on the forums for "2D max auto"

i highly recommend you get an evaluation before alignment as aligning on bad parts makes no sense

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » April 9th, 2016, 6:56 am

I rate him also.
Go on Facebook and find it if u can't find it here. The guy is experienced

Sasenarine
Street 2NR

Postby Sasenarine » April 12th, 2016, 10:56 am

Thank you much.
I did just that and replaced cradle complete ($350), spindle (350)complete with rotors, top bearing, calipers and arms, steering rack ($600), shock column complete with mounts ($500), lower engine mounts ($300 & $175), sway bar linkages ($80) and sub frame ($400). Basically entire front suspension redone.
Car drives best, cornering like a beast and with recent service, really good on gas.
Hats off to 2 d max alignment guy, he really knows his stuff.

On another note, the car works perfect but I have another vehicle on the way and won't have room for this project.
Up for sale now $55K firm
I found parts very easily over the time I had this car up until last week for the subframe and other parts.
Hurts to sell this car after all the time, effort and $ spent but safely the next owner will have nothing to worry abt.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » April 12th, 2016, 11:41 am

Sasenarine wrote:Thank you much.
I did just that and replaced cradle complete ($350), spindle (350)complete with rotors, top bearing, calipers and arms, steering rack ($600), shock column complete with mounts ($500), lower engine mounts ($300 & $175), sway bar linkages ($80) and sub frame ($400). Basically entire front suspension redone.
Car drives best, cornering like a beast and with recent service, really good on gas.
Hats off to 2 d max alignment guy, he really knows his stuff.

On another note, the car works perfect but I have another vehicle on the way and won't have room for this project.
Up for sale now $55K firm
I found parts very easily over the time I had this car up until last week for the subframe and other parts.
Hurts to sell this car after all the time, effort and $ spent but safely the next owner will have nothing to worry abt.

was this the same white P12 primera i saw on sat 9th on the ramp..gettin alot of work done on it..??
same p12 primera that had the lower sway bar out of it for close to 2-3 weeks....and left the sway bar by arnold on the ground.???
u kno how much time i chetten arnold to take dat sway bar...he does say dais a customer one...he comin back for it... :lol:

if so....u GT.....u had REL REL men workin on dat car boi.... :lol:
wen i duck in it was jus to check arnold an see wha goin on.....but i glad u GT.

Sasenarine
Street 2NR

Postby Sasenarine » April 12th, 2016, 2:00 pm

Yups, same P12 on the ramp. Did real work on it. Lots of help thank goodness got it done real quick plus dem tuners know they shiznit!
Was checking around for a bess price for a steering rack ($400) and wouldn't make sense to drop subframe to install sway bar and again to install steering rack.
Just did both one time

Yeah, heard abt the threatening and the want to sprang meh sway bar lol
Yeah I GT. Cornering like a Biotch too.

duttyred
Riding on 13's

Postby duttyred » June 2nd, 2016, 10:11 am

Gd day tunners.I'm interested in a p12 Singapore brain and harness asap. Pm me or call 308 7675 pls thanks

Redd Fox
Riding on 13's

Postby Redd Fox » June 21st, 2016, 8:54 pm

Good evening tuners.... Just tuned in to the group and im liking what im seeing thus far... Ive got a p11 and loving it... However if anyone can assist in locating some lowering springs for my p11 (tein etc) for a great price, that will be greatly appreciated...

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » June 21st, 2016, 10:47 pm

Redd Fox wrote:Good evening tuners.... Just tuned in to the group and im liking what im seeing thus far... Ive got a p11 and loving it... However if anyone can assist in locating some lowering springs for my p11 (tein etc) for a great price, that will be greatly appreciated...

nick AKA tuner imports has lowering springs - do a search for him....hes a powerseller - price is 1850 iirc.

Redd Fox
Riding on 13's

Postby Redd Fox » June 22nd, 2016, 5:59 am

thanks bro... is that the guy i think in charlieville.....

Khadeem
Riding on 13's

Postby Khadeem » June 22nd, 2016, 11:02 pm

https://www.amazon.com/Tein-GSP08-2USS2 ... sp08-2uss2
will this work on a p11 m6 wagon? thanks

Redd Fox
Riding on 13's

Postby Redd Fox » June 26th, 2016, 11:32 pm

Found out that car boutique has lowering springs for the p11 in brand arospeed. Is that brand any good. Price was $895+vat. Tuner import does not have any in stock instead they would have to order it and it may take approximately 3 weeks

vct17inch
Street 2NR

Postby vct17inch » July 4th, 2016, 3:14 pm

Delete

VIcivic
Ricer

Postby VIcivic » July 10th, 2016, 10:38 pm

Goodnight,

Where can I source new P11 seat belts?

VIcivic
Ricer

Postby VIcivic » July 10th, 2016, 10:44 pm

Redd Fox wrote:Found out that car boutique has lowering springs for the p11 in brand arospeed. Is that brand any good. Price was $895+vat. Tuner import does not have any in stock instead they would have to order it and it may take approximately 3 weeks

I would not recommend that brand based on poor reviews

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”