TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Bluebird Club

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Re: Bluebird Club

Postby viedcht » June 17th, 2017, 8:47 am

Think about ah SR... will be fun and an easier fit, but S13 diff for sure

vct17inch
Street 2NR

Postby vct17inch » June 17th, 2017, 3:43 pm

viedcht wrote:Think about ah SR... will be fun and an easier fit, but S13 diff for sure

The rb is in already and running. That's where my concern with the power steering comes in. I wanted to know if if have to remove the engine to change the rack. That what I was told

vct17inch
Street 2NR

Postby vct17inch » June 17th, 2017, 3:46 pm

Does anyone have a 910 shell to sell as well? No engine or rights needed. Rolling shell

Back2Studio
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Back2Studio » June 20th, 2017, 8:54 am

There's about 2 I was seeing on FB for sale. Not sure how to send the link for them though as they were posted in private groups.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » June 20th, 2017, 3:19 pm

It could be done. A31/s13 front subframe .

vct17inch
Street 2NR

Postby vct17inch » June 20th, 2017, 9:44 pm

Back2Studio wrote:There's about 2 I was seeing on FB for sale. Not sure how to send the link for them though as they were posted in private groups.

Could u pm me the links? Or even a screenshot? Or post it here?

vct17inch
Street 2NR

Postby vct17inch » June 20th, 2017, 9:48 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:It could be done. A31/s13 front subframe .

This is relating to the power steering right? You saying the front subframe from either of them work? I'm guessing it wouldn't be a bolt for bolt thing. And some modification and know how would come into play

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » June 20th, 2017, 9:54 pm

Pretty straightforward swap. I cannot say for the steering coupling but i know there things that can work. The s13 swap. Isn't hard, there's info around. C32 rack works with the same 910 subframe.

What area you from?

vct17inch
Street 2NR

Postby vct17inch » June 21st, 2017, 4:20 am

Ted_v2 wrote:Pretty straightforward swap. I cannot say for the steering coupling but i know there things that can work. The s13 swap. Isn't hard, there's info around. C32 rack works with the same 910 subframe.

What area you from?

North east. Arima side. I'll look into obtaining a c32 rack then. And it swaps without having to remove the engine? Guy I got the vehicle told me that but I find it hard to believe

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » June 21st, 2017, 9:09 am

Yep drop subframe, sometimes that's not needed too. Changed one ona A31 easy easy.

vct17inch
Street 2NR

Postby vct17inch » June 23rd, 2017, 11:47 am

Ted_v2 wrote:Yep drop subframe, sometimes that's not needed too. Changed one ona A31 easy easy.

How much you'd charge to change out mine and get the power steering working?

sssBluebirdsss
Riding on 13's

Postby sssBluebirdsss » June 30th, 2017, 6:19 pm

Hey guys I'm new to this i was looking for a gearbox for my blue bird cable type, i have forged pistons a couple heads and other parts to trade i just want the gears in the box; i stripped my third gear any help would be appreciated

Back2Studio
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Back2Studio » June 30th, 2017, 7:56 pm

sssBluebirdsss wrote:Hey guys I'm new to this i was looking for a gearbox for my blue bird cable type, i have forged pistons a couple heads and other parts to trade i just want the gears in the box; i stripped my third gear any help would be appreciated

Welcome aboard. Which model bluebird you have?

sssBluebirdsss
Riding on 13's

Postby sssBluebirdsss » July 1st, 2017, 7:02 am

I have a u13 bluebird with some small mods
Attachments
image4198.png
image4198.png (27.28 KiB) Viewed 13432 times
Last edited by sssBluebirdsss on July 4th, 2017, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » July 1st, 2017, 8:31 pm

Message turbosingh. He posted in this thread already. I rarely have time to do jobs right now.

Back2Studio
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Back2Studio » July 7th, 2017, 9:27 am

sssBluebirdsss wrote:I have a u13 bluebird with some small mods

Nice! What SR parts you have for sale?

Back2Studio
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Back2Studio » July 7th, 2017, 9:30 am

Just sending out a small request. If anyone has 16 or 17" rims 4x114 that clear 4 piston Skyline R33 or Z32 300zx brakes and willing to sell please let me know. Thanks.

sssBluebirdsss
Riding on 13's

Postby sssBluebirdsss » July 11th, 2017, 9:21 am

Back2Studio wrote:
sssBluebirdsss wrote:I have a u13 bluebird with some small mods

Nice! What SR parts you have for sale?

i have c.p forged pistons, c.p. and manley rods, vvl heads, avenier heads , De heads , turbo hosings , fwd gearbox diff. non lsd, valves, project blocks no crank , compressors and brackets , just tell me what you need and i will check my stock .

wonder
Street 2NR

Postby wonder » August 23rd, 2017, 9:59 am

Morning fellas after years of waiting I finally got a 910 Bluebird to start my project what I wanna kno is which bucket seats can I use to replace the 1nz in the front engine n gear box done there waiting suspension etc

KraziiKris
Riding on 13's

Postby KraziiKris » September 21st, 2017, 8:35 pm

Goodnight folks I'm looking for a u14 sss nose cut asap..hmu

Back2Studio
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Back2Studio » September 24th, 2017, 8:44 am

^ R and S auto parts on Bick's compound in Penal have. Plus it have the places on the same compound u could check. Price range from $3000 to $4500

SSSavage
Street 2NR

Postby SSSavage » October 4th, 2017, 1:28 am

SSSavage
Street 2NR

Postby SSSavage » October 4th, 2017, 9:31 pm

Hey everyone! Proud owner of a U14 bluebird sss here.
She's getting a body job atm so no pics. Just did a engine swap.
(Took out old SR20DE) Replaced with a newer one.

I do have a question however.
I've noticed that the newer SR20DE I've got (with ecu) dosent run as hot as the old one. It feels less powerful. I know SR20DE'S came with varying power outputs (143-170hp) could this be because of the Ecu that came with the replacement engine? I haven't put back the old ecu to test this theory tho.

SSSavage
Street 2NR

Postby SSSavage » October 10th, 2017, 7:28 pm

Some photos of the engine replacement....ImageImageImageImageImage

Might change the colour and front to look like this one...

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » October 11th, 2017, 11:55 pm

SSSavage wrote:Some photos of the engine replacement....ImageImageImageImageImage

Might change the colour and front to look like this one...

good job...
welcome ......
1. no dont change the color.... instead repaint it in silver... but a newer silver not the regular KLO silver the nissans come in...go for a more up to date silver....

remember the end result is only as good as the prep work and the quality of paint used.

2. why change from SR20 DE to SR20 DE...?? why not upgrade to VE one time???
what was wrong with the original engine??

3 as you have the engine removed freshen up the engine bay area one time....fresh coat of paint and tidy up everything.

4. what is your goals...top end speed....acceleration...drift...show car...daily driver...???

5.any supporting mods done so far ????

and finally......

6. imitation is truly the sincerest form of flattery.... thanks for admirin my U14 bruh.... means ALOT to me.... 8-)

here u go thou....a before pic and aftr pic.

the guy in the orange shirt thats my straightener andy.... :lol: :lol:

the color code of the car i think its BT4 blue....will reconfirm it for u

the headlights are JDM black housing projectors ( non pattern lens) was in a small slight accident and they got damaged ....i replaced it with XENON JDM black housing projectors. :twisted:

the grill i have a JDM autech sport grill.....very very super rare ...soo rare you better off keeping that honey comb one you have.

the grill got damaged in the accident and was repaired and i was lucky enough to get another spare autech grill.

yes i have 2.....no i not sellin...meh tuner bretherin back2studio already put he name on da long long time....he jus waitin till the car is offically sold and wen it sold he gets d spare grill

only way u gettin one like da is if you rel rel good at gettin bamboo parts.....or you pay the askin price for who selllin it.......or bring it from Australia used........or buy it new from japan.....

the part # for the autech grill is F2310-8E004
Price from japan is $300 USD
( if u go massey they will tell you part is no longer manufactured ...lol...)

any other questions you can pm me here or ask a question here.....will try to reply.

SSSavage
Street 2NR

Postby SSSavage » October 12th, 2017, 9:52 am

Hi there.

Initially the plan was to put a SR20DET in it however on the day we couldn't find one.
The thing is what's most important right now is that the car needs to be working. The family has not got enough vehicles to get where we need to be (everybody's got things to go and places to be). To it just needs to work right now.

Later when we get another car I can then focus on upgrading the bluebird.

The thing is. The old engine works. But it makes some white smoke. (Burning oil). Also the transmission is faulty. Reverse does not work. So it was easier to just replace it.

The current plan is to make it a usable reliable road car. That's it. Nothing special.

However when things work out the plan is to make it a powerful street car. No crazy spoilers or anything just powerful. A bit like a sleeper.

Also, I didn't know that was YOUR car!! I just screenshot that image from Google. Well, nice to speak with you. And nice car.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » October 12th, 2017, 11:36 am

SSSavage wrote:Hi there.

Initially the plan was to put a SR20DET in it however on the day we couldn't find one.
The thing is what's most important right now is that the car needs to be working. The family has not got enough vehicles to get where we need to be (everybody's got things to go and places to be). To it just needs to work right now.

Later when we get another car I can then focus on upgrading the bluebird.

The thing is. The old engine works. But it makes some white smoke. (Burning oil). Also the transmission is faulty. Reverse does not work. So it was easier to just replace it.

The current plan is to make it a usable reliable road car. That's it. Nothing special.

However when things work out the plan is to make it a powerful street car. No crazy spoilers or anything just powerful. A bit like a sleeper.

Also, I didn't know that was YOUR car!! I just screenshot that image from Google. Well, nice to speak with you. And nice car.

ahh ....i see..never understood the need for a Sr20DET.....me personally i would have gone for a SR20VET..out from a xtrail GT....

if the old engine works....did u have someone check it..?? was it loosing compression??? bad rings or a stuck PCV valve or simply a few bad internal seals causing the burning oil issue??

transmission wise....reverse gear not going in seems to be a recurring theme with nissans of this vintage....alot of other nissans with the same transmission suffer with the issue....P11 primera.....almera...wingroad.....bluebird....

good plan on reliable road car but reliability is only as good as the mods you do.....
for example...transmission oil cooler will help cool your transmission and save you the cost of a replacement foreign used one.

same goes for an all aluminum 3 core radiator....

good plan on powerful street car....just lettin you know that youre only fast..until faster come...
try not to get too accustomed to bamboo parts...reliability and bamboo parts do not go hand in hard...(well for some parts)

later on i'll include a list of things to do...and a list of things NOT to do with the car.

to save on cost you can keep your current patterned headlights....just have them professionally restored and stuff...they'll look awesome.
check brotherhood on the forums he'l hook you up with quad HIDs....and no ..dont put HIDs in the fog light...i'll make the car look like ta-ta.. (also dont chop the spring or rethread the shocks....)

for low beam use a normal 4300K light....for high beam use 5000K light.
fog light we use the H3 bulb. theres a nice super yellow H3 halogen bulb (2500K) on amazon about 21 usd for the pair...those look awesome.

as youre now starting off as soon as you get the car up and running let us know so we cud see whats your next move.

when i got my car i had a multitude of issues.....trust me...and i'm almost done fixing....

SSSavage
Street 2NR

Postby SSSavage » October 12th, 2017, 11:49 am

Thanks for the info!
I'll. Let you know how it goes. And yeah the SR20VET is preferred but it's rare and costs quite a bit more than I'm willing to spend at the moment. Later I'll see if I can get one.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » October 12th, 2017, 11:57 am

SSSavage wrote:Thanks for the info!
I'll. Let you know how it goes. And yeah the SR20VET is preferred but it's rare and costs quite a bit more than I'm willing to spend at the moment. Later I'll see if I can get one.

noted....if it was me i would have torn the old engine apart see what was causing the burning oil issue...and fixed it...and while i'm in there throw in some internal parts into it to handle some boost....and later down the line when cash flow better just buy and bolt on a turbo charger and share licks..... but thats just me.

i kinda like to plan ahead and future proof...i dont like wen i fix something i have to go back and do it over..
get it right the first time and done...spending a setta $$$ more than once for the SAME issue eah makin sense...

to me it makes no sense payin my hard earned cash for a temporary fix for somethin...if i hadda spend $$$ it have to be worth it.

Boost Junkies wrote:Aftermarket p11 front strut bar. $300. Call me @ 681-2698

that should be your first upgrade..seein as how u dont have one.

Back2Studio
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Back2Studio » October 14th, 2017, 12:47 pm

I wish I was like Skylinechild and have an epic bearded chin to stroke while reading the previous comments.... Kicks pebble in disappointment*

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”