TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Nissan Y12 Wingroad- Questions

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

spr@ng@23
Ricer

Re: Nissan Y12 Wingroad- Questions

Postby spr@ng@23 » December 8th, 2014, 7:55 am

you went back with stock bushings.or tried anything different?

butterz21
Riding on 13's

Postby butterz21 » March 21st, 2015, 8:51 am

spr@ng@23 wrote:anyone encounter problems with cradle bushings?

Yeah I don't even rough up mines and my crdle bushing gone through...you can't get back original bushings...only complete arm...and I bought the two complete arms for about 1300$ each with vat at the motorist... The polyethylene is a good alternative. But I rather a soft ride...

Aftermarket vs. OEM Bushings
Both OEM and aftermarket control arm bushings are generally available. OEMs, or original equipment manufacturers, are the manufacturing companies that supply parts to automobile makers. Replacement OEM parts are made by the same manufacturer that supplied the original parts, and can be the safest bet when buying replacements. OEM parts can be expected to fit, work, and restore the original condition and handling. However, they are typically more expensive than aftermarket parts, and may not be easily available for older vehicles. Additionally, if the original bushing was of a low quality or quickly failed, replacing it with the same part might not be the best option.

Aftermarket parts are those made by companies other than the original manufacturer. Quality varies in aftermarket parts more than in OEM parts; some aftermarket parts are designed to increase performance or durability, while others might be designed to offer a lower cost and come with some trade-offs. Aftermarket parts that are simply designed to replicate or replace original parts are typically cheaper than their OEM counterparts. For this reason, many insurance companies and service shops prefer to use aftermarket parts.

Bushing Materials
Typically, most cars come with bushings made from torsional elastic rubber. These bushings are highly functional and provide a comfortable ride, but they are not the only option. Aftermarket control arm bushings are often available in either rubber or polyurethane. Each has its own advantages and trade-offs, and drivers should consider their needs before choosing one or the other.

Rubber
The standard for new vehicles and OEM parts, rubber control arm bushings have been used for many years. Rubber bushings offer a number of advantages over polyurethane. As a softer material, rubber provides a smoother and more comfortable ride, absorbing more shock and vibration from bumps or potholes. This also reduces road noise, making for an overall more comfortable cabin. However, rubber is susceptible to degradation from temperature extremes, road salts, and other conditions, and generally does not last as long as polyurethane.

Polyurethane
While polyurethane control arm bushings are available in a number of different styles, they are generally harder than rubber bushings. This improves handling and control, giving an overall stiffer suspension feel. By reducing movement, braking times can also be improved slightly. A key advantage of polyurethane is its durability. Polyurethane is less susceptible to damage from extreme temperatures, road salts, and general wear and vibration, increasing the life of control arm bushings. Unfortunately, polyurethane bushings tend to be much louder, and give a less forgiving and less comfortable ride.

pmar88
Riding on 13's

Postby pmar88 » January 4th, 2016, 3:09 pm

where can i get the denso iridium spark plugs in chaguanas guys? and where can i find nissan matic k transmission oil?

amralsali
Riding on 13's

Postby amralsali » February 18th, 2017, 2:21 pm

Guys,

Does anyone have a repair service manual for the HR15DE Engine?

bullet
3NE 2NR for life

Postby bullet » July 28th, 2017, 12:21 am

Y12 Clock Spring, can anyone tell me where they got it and who changes it in sando. Thanks

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”