TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

strange overheating dilema

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

centralized(m)
Sweet on this forum

strange overheating dilema

Postby centralized(m) » December 30th, 2012, 6:41 pm

So i decided to go into pos yesterday to help my siblin with some stuff.....while dey shop i stayed couped up in d car with a/c running for about half an hr (engine temp normal)....decided to make a spin in the office quick. nearing stadium car suddenly cuts off (thought it was due as usual to my other problems mention in an earlier topic) tried starting back car took a while to start. As i driving off now my sis jus happen to glance at my gauge an say look at where it is (mind you no overheat light came on). i look down and boom...Ting pass the Hot mark. i pull over one time..open hood reservoir bottle dry, wen cool i open radiator. it dry. It took one of those huge bottles of water (the ones with the handle) to fill radiator and reservior back up. I over filled the overflow bottle jus in case. Car starts and drive good. No cutting off. The temperature was a little little higher dan usual but fan came on as usual and it kept it in control. Drove it home no problems.

Engine GA15DE (normal plastic b14 rad)

Strange cause jus d day before i topped up both radiator and overflow bottle with coolant. Rad took jus like a cork ful and overflow bottle was low and i filled back to max marking (realised rad bottle kept getting low regular doh but seeing no leaks). Saw no leaks on garage floor. Car drove normal up to that point of cutting off. neva had overheat problems.
How d jail all of my coolant fall out????

So checked dis morn only saw a little bit of water on d ground seem it coming from d hose from the engine to d bottom of rad. Turn on car looked for half an hr saw nutting dripping from that particular point or anywhere else. Car run fine, fans came on fine, temperature raised to normal levels. No water loss from rad or overflow bottle since yesterday drama. Saw no mixing of any of d fluids with coolant, saw no deposits. Car seemed normal this morning.
WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED THERE????

centralized(m)
Sweet on this forum

Re: strange overheating dilema

Postby centralized(m) » January 2nd, 2013, 10:00 pm

ok so update....no leaks....everything seem fine..car runs ok....well since is jus water d car temp reaches half mark but d fans quickly cool it back down......so where the collant went in d first place....my theory is that either d rad cover wasnt on properly (highyl doubt) or d overflow bottle cap came off somehow and coolant kept leaking out from there it it was dry...hmmm i dunno????

Any suggestions? lol

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”