TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Nissan TIIDA 2WD VS e4WD

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Veritrini
Street 2NR

Nissan TIIDA 2WD VS e4WD

Postby Veritrini » February 27th, 2013, 1:13 pm

I am interested in purchasing a Tiida due to affordability.

Can someone advise whats the pros and cons of the different versions, i.e.

Tiida Latio 2WD

VS

Tiida Latio e.4WD

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Re: Nissan TIIDA 2WD VS e4WD

Postby hong kong phooey » February 27th, 2013, 8:25 pm

dont want to cause no arguments with the fan boys so take a read yourself

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/DOCUMEN ... h_e4wd.pdf

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » February 28th, 2013, 11:38 pm

Veritrini wrote:I am interested in purchasing a Tiida due to affordability.

Can someone advise whats the pros and cons of the different versions, i.e.

Tiida Latio 2WD

VS

Tiida Latio e.4WD

4wd has more parts that can go wrong. It there would be less "affordable" not so?

Veritrini
Street 2NR

Postby Veritrini » March 1st, 2013, 12:32 am

black start wrote:
4wd has more parts that can go wrong. It there would be less "affordable" not so?

Not sure i unders what you are saying....

The 4WD usually cost significantly less. So enquiring !

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » March 1st, 2013, 2:18 am

wha he is saying is there are more components to the 4wd -- so more stuff to spoil.
you should be good if you keep it on 2 wd then the 4wd don't get activated

what u need to do is check the foreign used places and see which model they carry parts for
don't ask the dealer , because it will be parts easy to find

IvanTerrors
Trinituner Peong

Postby IvanTerrors » March 1st, 2013, 9:39 am

The best option is the 2wd. Simply because parts are hard too source. For the 4wd module. And one thing that goes bad, or starts to give problems is the generator for the 4wd and the clutch pulley which no one really have in trinidad, parts place that is. Unless you get it foreign used and not sure of how long it would last... My 2 nets and experience..........

Veritrini
Street 2NR

Postby Veritrini » March 1st, 2013, 9:53 am

Hey IVAN,

Thanks for the heads up ! This guy seems to have found a solution.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=485818

I will ask about the availability of parts as well.

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » March 1st, 2013, 4:33 pm

Yea, its a good idea to check the FU places first before going to buy. check the availablility of parts for both models and the difference in prices. Weigh your options and make a decision based on what you think.

I would personally go with the 2wd though. If it was a conventional 4wd system with differential, driveshaft, transfercase, etc I would have loved to see a boost awd tiida :lol: :lol: :lol:

Veritrini
Street 2NR

Postby Veritrini » March 6th, 2013, 9:45 am

black start wrote:Yea, its a good idea to check the FU places first before going to buy. check the availablility of parts for both models and the difference in prices. Weigh your options and make a decision based on what you think.

I would personally go with the 2wd though. If it was a conventional 4wd system with differential, driveshaft, transfercase, etc I would have loved to see a boost awd tiida :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have made some calls...some persons due to lack of knowledge of the vehicle model and its operations are giving negative reviews. One mechanic said to me:

"Those cars are trouble. It doesnt even have a switch to control the 2WD to 4WD system" - This is not true since all the 4wd i have checked do have a switch.

Other persons are saying its pretty much the same car. Reliable, economic on fuel, no issues, they dont really use the 4WD anyway.

:?

IvanTerrors
Trinituner Peong

Postby IvanTerrors » March 6th, 2013, 8:00 pm

Very true... Same car..... Just lack of knowledge....

Densil
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Densil » March 7th, 2013, 2:21 pm

the 4 wheel only engages below 30km/h... once the switch is in the on position....after 30km/h it disengages itself....... in terms of parts ......everything in the rear is different from the standard 2wd.....that includes shocks...brakes shoes ....parts that you would have to change eventually.....up front.....its a longer single drive belt.......with more pulleys and bearings........which means more that can go wrong....lol.......the bearing for the self tensioner is notorious for goin bad..so eventually you would have to change that out..if you have to change the entire tensioner.....that $3700 by Faiz auto......the 2wd carries a manual tensioner which is more readily available and way cheaper......it 4wd is cheaper for a reason.......not much ppl what the headache that eventually comes with finding parts........but as i have done...you can always convert it to 2wd later if your getting trouble for parts....hope that helps

Veritrini
Street 2NR

Postby Veritrini » March 12th, 2013, 8:50 am

Densil wrote:the 4 wheel only engages below 30km/h... once the switch is in the on position....after 30km/h it disengages itself....... in terms of parts ......everything in the rear is different from the standard 2wd.....that includes shocks...brakes shoes ....parts that you would have to change eventually.....up front.....its a longer single drive belt.......with more pulleys and bearings........which means more that can go wrong....lol.......the bearing for the self tensioner is notorious for goin bad..so eventually you would have to change that out..if you have to change the entire tensioner.....that $3700 by Faiz auto......the 2wd carries a manual tensioner which is more readily available and way cheaper......it 4wd is cheaper for a reason.......not much ppl what the headache that eventually comes with finding parts........but as i have done...you can always convert it to 2wd later if your getting trouble for parts....hope that helps

Understood ! So if you had to make the choice a second time around. Will you buy it ! :)

IvanTerrors
Trinituner Peong

Postby IvanTerrors » March 12th, 2013, 9:03 am

What is that I have to get to convert too 2wd???

Densil
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Densil » March 17th, 2013, 4:27 pm

@verittini........maybe not.....actually no..........lol........ i just dont need any additional headache later on......but if the money is worth it too you and you have extra time to go find parts etc....go right ahead.

@ivanterros.....you need to get the original bracket for the hr15 engine that come with the manual tensioner and the shorter drive belt...thats all ....everything else is just to remove off the engine

Azima
Riding on 13's

Postby Azima » September 1st, 2018, 9:11 pm

Hey there. I'm living on a hill and also drive on some serious hills so was actually interested in e4wd note, tiida or wingroad. Anyone at least went forward n repaired their 4wd version? Or anyone just had no problems at all with their 4wd version? Or anyone knows mechanics that are great with these or places that stock parts at reasonable prices?

Timon_100
Riding on 13's

Postby Timon_100 » July 2nd, 2019, 12:34 pm

Azima wrote:Hey there. I'm living on a hill and also drive on some serious hills so was actually interested in e4wd note, tiida or wingroad. Anyone at least went forward n repaired their 4wd version? Or anyone just had no problems at all with their 4wd version? Or anyone knows mechanics that are great with these or places that stock parts at reasonable prices?
Densil wrote:the 4 wheel only engages below 30km/h... once the switch is in the on position....after 30km/h it disengages itself....... in terms of parts ......everything in the rear is different from the standard 2wd.....that includes shocks...brakes shoes ....parts that you would have to change eventually.....up front.....its a longer single drive belt.......with more pulleys and bearings........which means more that can go wrong....lol.......the bearing for the self tensioner is notorious for goin bad..so eventually you would have to change that out..if you have to change the entire tensioner.....that $3700 by Faiz auto......the 2wd carries a manual tensioner which is more readily available and way cheaper......it 4wd is cheaper for a reason.......not much ppl what the headache that eventually comes with finding parts........but as i have done...you can always convert it to 2wd later if your getting trouble for parts....hope that helps

Hi Denzil I'm looking to convert my 4wd tiida. I saw that you mentioned doing same. How successful was it and would you recommend me doing it?

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”