TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
blacklancer
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 210
Joined: September 20th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby blacklancer » April 20th, 2013, 11:48 am

I know there is a blubird club already but I have noticed that question or comments on the sylphy are just ignored so lets get serious and share the Good and the bad about these cars.I have a 2006 model 2000cc sylphy that I bought about a year now so far no major issues, how is it with you guys. Feel free to put up some pictures.
Last edited by blacklancer on April 21st, 2013, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement
User avatar
Back2Studio
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 987
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 11:08 am
Location: Chirpin tyres and gee'in fyazz
Contact:

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby Back2Studio » April 21st, 2013, 10:52 am

The reason why you are ignored is because the current Bluebird club lacks members/owners of this particular model Bluebird. If it is that you are looking for testimonials from people proclaiming this car to be God's gift to the automotive world...good luck to you with that. What you will find in your quest for uniqueness and individuality with your new group are complains about inferior quality engine mounts, coil pack problems, suspension problems, inferior ac blower motors and cracking dashboard and steering trim. On the plus side there's good ride quality and comfort plus a bit of get up and go if it's the almighty MR20DE you have under the hood coupled to Nissan's innovative XTronic CVT. That said it would be nice if the members of your club were to participate in motorsport events such as Autocross and Drag and Wind and represent the Nissan community proudly. Hope you get the attention and overwhelming response that you seek.

Regards
Back2Studio

User avatar
blacklancer
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 210
Joined: September 20th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby blacklancer » April 21st, 2013, 4:44 pm

Back2Studio wrote:The reason why you are ignored is because the current Bluebird club lacks members/owners of this particular model Bluebird. If it is that you are looking for testimonials from people proclaiming this car to be God's gift to the automotive world...good luck to you with that. What you will find in your quest for uniqueness and individuality with your new group are complains about inferior quality engine mounts, coil pack problems, suspension problems, inferior ac blower motors and cracking dashboard and steering trim. On the plus side there's good ride quality and comfort plus a bit of get up and go if it's the almighty MR20DE you have under the hood coupled to Nissan's innovative XTronic CVT. That said it would be nice if the members of your club were to participate in motorsport events such as Autocross and Drag and Wind and represent the Nissan community proudly. Hope you get the attention and overwhelming response that you seek.

Regards
Back2Studio


Thanks for pointing out the negatives, will look out for these problems. Don't care much for autocross and drag and wind, don,t have the paper to spare building my house at the moment, and as for the attention you think I seek well lets just say Trinituner is not my life maybe 30 min out of my day.I used the rest to make money and spend on my family. If this sheit is your life sorry for you man.

venom21
Street 2NR
Posts: 32
Joined: October 6th, 2004, 3:37 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby venom21 » April 22nd, 2013, 1:22 pm

blacklancer wrote:I know there is a blubird club already but I have noticed that question or comments on the sylphy are just ignored so lets get serious and share the Good and the bad about these cars.I have a 2006 model 2000cc sylphy that I bought about a year now so far no major issues, how is it with you guys. Feel free to put up some pictures.



i think this is a good idea cause i've been searching and searching for posts on the sylphy positives and negatives other than the dashboard cracking and they are scarce, thinking about purchasing one and would appreciate some feedback from current owners.

User avatar
shadowbird
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 353
Joined: June 16th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Location: Far East
Contact:

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby shadowbird » April 22nd, 2013, 3:17 pm

blacklancer wrote:
Back2Studio wrote:The reason why you are ignored is because the current Bluebird club lacks members/owners of this particular model Bluebird. If it is that you are looking for testimonials from people proclaiming this car to be God's gift to the automotive world...good luck to you with that. What you will find in your quest for uniqueness and individuality with your new group are complains about inferior quality engine mounts, coil pack problems, suspension problems, inferior ac blower motors and cracking dashboard and steering trim. On the plus side there's good ride quality and comfort plus a bit of get up and go if it's the almighty MR20DE you have under the hood coupled to Nissan's innovative XTronic CVT. That said it would be nice if the members of your club were to participate in motorsport events such as Autocross and Drag and Wind and represent the Nissan community proudly. Hope you get the attention and overwhelming response that you seek.

Regards
Back2Studio


Thanks for pointing out the negatives, will look out for these problems. Don't care much for autocross and drag and wind, don,t have the paper to spare building my house at the moment, and as for the attention you think I seek well lets just say Trinituner is not my life maybe 30 min out of my day.I used the rest to make money and spend on my family. If this sheit is your life sorry for you man.





Well Idont know if you're tryn 2 imply that Back2Studio has nothing better to do & spends most of his time on Tuner ,but we have been asking Bird members for the longest while 2 join & come the different meets that we have so we can discuss matters & trade ideas . Now mind u I have a 910 bird & can still mingle with the Front wheel drive bird men as Normal cuz @ the end of the day we all r bird men . We even have a bird group on Facebook so we can post up when we gona meet & what events there are etc . So since you want to try to disrespect another bird man because u didnt get the response that u wanted ..........WELL tuff ................BTW we are having another meet Saturday comn plz the Lord & I will post it here so the other Sylphy Men can come and lime & we can all discuss matters at hand that have been plaguing us bird men .........PS most of us in the group have families also 8-)

User avatar
blacklancer
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 210
Joined: September 20th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby blacklancer » April 22nd, 2013, 4:40 pm

This is not what I had in mind, maybe I am out of place to try a sylphy club, My apologies to the bird men I seem To have offended.I really thought I could have gotten the sylphy owners to comment and share but it seems like this is not going to happen. I don"t care for any "meet" or any thing of the sought, just wanted some feed back on the damn car. At least venom 21 got the point.

User avatar
shadowbird
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 353
Joined: June 16th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Location: Far East
Contact:

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby shadowbird » April 22nd, 2013, 4:48 pm

Sigh............. ok no prob I fully under stand , I will ask around & what ever info I gather Il post them here At the end of the day We ar all bird men so we shall still help each other out

User avatar
blacklancer
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 210
Joined: September 20th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby blacklancer » April 22nd, 2013, 4:54 pm

venom21 wrote:
blacklancer wrote:I know there is a blubird club already but I have noticed that question or comments on the sylphy are just ignored so lets get serious and share the Good and the bad about these cars.I have a 2006 model 2000cc sylphy that I bought about a year now so far no major issues, how is it with you guys. Feel free to put up some pictures.



i think this is a good idea cause i've been searching and searching for posts on the sylphy positives and negatives other than the dashboard cracking and they are scarce, thinking about purchasing one and would appreciate some feedback from current owners.

Venom21 the car is generally a good car in my view. If its a comfortable ride and luxury you seek then it is well worth it.My sister has a local since 2008 no issues except regular stuff.I bought a roll on roll of in may last year no issues so far. my dash has not gotten any bubbles and I hope it will not I use a sun visor when parked in the sun for long periods. Massy sells the dash for 4000.00 does't matter if its a roll on roll of you have. The 2000cc MR20 engine runs really well. Nice power for the size of the car. I think the 1500cc is a bit to under powered for the size of the car. Hope this helps in your decision making.Maybe some other owners have some feed back.

User avatar
Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7225
Joined: December 18th, 2008, 10:52 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby Rooki3 » April 23rd, 2013, 1:09 pm

wais dah harness thingy behind d rearview mirror?

User avatar
Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7225
Joined: December 18th, 2008, 10:52 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby Rooki3 » April 23rd, 2013, 1:13 pm

btw hr15 engine here :oops:

cheaper tax lol

User avatar
blacklancer
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 210
Joined: September 20th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby blacklancer » April 23rd, 2013, 6:14 pm

Rooki3 wrote:btw hr15 engine here :oops:

cheaper tax lol

How is your fuel consumption, The item you referred to behind the mirror does it have a blinking led light on it if so it's probably for the alarm system.

venom21
Street 2NR
Posts: 32
Joined: October 6th, 2004, 3:37 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby venom21 » April 24th, 2013, 9:18 am

blacklancer wrote:
venom21 wrote:
blacklancer wrote:I know there is a blubird club already but I have noticed that question or comments on the sylphy are just ignored so lets get serious and share the Good and the bad about these cars.I have a 2006 model 2000cc sylphy that I bought about a year now so far no major issues, how is it with you guys. Feel free to put up some pictures.



i think this is a good idea cause i've been searching and searching for posts on the sylphy positives and negatives other than the dashboard cracking and they are scarce, thinking about purchasing one and would appreciate some feedback from current owners.

Venom21 the car is generally a good car in my view. If its a comfortable ride and luxury you seek then it is well worth it.My sister has a local since 2008 no issues except regular stuff.I bought a roll on roll of in may last year no issues so far. my dash has not gotten any bubbles and I hope it will not I use a sun visor when parked in the sun for long periods. Massy sells the dash for 4000.00 does't matter if its a roll on roll of you have. The 2000cc MR20 engine runs really well. Nice power for the size of the car. I think the 1500cc is a bit to under powered for the size of the car. Hope this helps in your decision making.Maybe some other owners have some feed back.


Thanks for the feedback, it will help.

User avatar
blacklancer
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 210
Joined: September 20th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby blacklancer » April 24th, 2013, 11:02 pm

Saw a Sylphy AXIS today in POS the body kit sweet. Wish someone could supply this kit in Trinidad would invest in one for sure.

User avatar
Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7225
Joined: December 18th, 2008, 10:52 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby Rooki3 » April 24th, 2013, 11:23 pm

blacklancer wrote:
Rooki3 wrote:btw hr15 engine here :oops:

cheaper tax lol

How is your fuel consumption, The item you referred to behind the mirror does it have a blinking led light on it if so it's probably for the alarm system.


nah, no.blinkin, i feel is sum sorta auto dimming thingy, notice these cars dont have temp guage :?

User avatar
blacklancer
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 210
Joined: September 20th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby blacklancer » April 25th, 2013, 3:01 pm

Rooki3 This car not having a temp guage was a concern,but i did some research and found that the system had no negative feed back so I guess its another innovation we just have to get used to.

User avatar
shadowbird
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 353
Joined: June 16th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Location: Far East
Contact:

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby shadowbird » April 25th, 2013, 5:18 pm

U can install an after market water temp gauge with the adapter to install on your top Rad hose so u can atleast c how the temp is b4 it actually reach critical mass

User avatar
blacklancer
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 210
Joined: September 20th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby blacklancer » April 25th, 2013, 10:18 pm

[quote="shadowbird"]U can install an after market water temp gauge with the adapter to install on your top Rad hose so u can atleast c how the temp is b4 it actually reach critical mass[/quote
Actually considering this, looking to incorporate the guage with the trim of the dash.

User avatar
turboconch2
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 226
Joined: April 14th, 2009, 12:19 pm
Location: South

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby turboconch2 » April 26th, 2013, 12:11 pm

Rooki3 wrote:wais dah harness thingy behind d rearview mirror?


The harness behind the mirror is used to reduce the headlight glare from behind you.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_an_electrochromic_rearview_mirror


As for the hr15 i find its pretty decent, great acceleration and top speed over 180 kmph :oops:
Only problem when there is weight it pulls a little lazy :(
other that that fuel economy pretty good.

User avatar
blacklancer
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 210
Joined: September 20th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby blacklancer » April 26th, 2013, 5:26 pm

turboconch2 wrote:
Rooki3 wrote:wais dah harness thingy behind d rearview mirror?


The harness behind the mirror is used to reduce the headlight glare from behind you.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_an_electrochromic_rearview_mirror


As for the hr15 i find its pretty decent, great acceleration and top speed over 180 kmph :oops:
Only problem when there is weight it pulls a little lazy :(
other that that fuel economy pretty good.

Good to get some feed back about the hr15, do you have after market rims on your sylphy if so what size, I am trying to find out what profile 17" s would work w/o rubbing in the back.

User avatar
turboconch2
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 226
Joined: April 14th, 2009, 12:19 pm
Location: South

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby turboconch2 » April 27th, 2013, 2:48 pm

It's my gf sylphy , the rims was changed to after market 16s( so as not to void warranty) so I don't know what profile you could use on 17 but there's a lot of space with 16 so I feel 55 or 50 series on yuh orn for sure

User avatar
blacklancer
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 210
Joined: September 20th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby blacklancer » April 27th, 2013, 3:11 pm

turboconch2 wrote:It's my gf sylphy , the rims was changed to after market 16s( so as not to void warranty) so I don't know what profile you could use on 17 but there's a lot of space with 16 so I feel 55 or 50 series on yuh orn for sure

Thanks for the info,may try the 215/50/17 going hunting for a decent set Monday, most rim shops are way to busy on saturday.

User avatar
blacklancer
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 210
Joined: September 20th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby blacklancer » May 3rd, 2013, 5:30 pm

Changed back engine mount today old one did not burst all the way through new one made a lot of difference car runs much better now paid 680.00 for original from the motorist. You sylphy owners can check this if you are getting a slight vibration on your steering after you have checked everything else.

acesinghit
punchin NOS
Posts: 2815
Joined: May 12th, 2004, 9:09 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby acesinghit » May 15th, 2013, 2:39 pm

I personally find the MR20DE sylphy lacks the grunt of the QR20DE Almera...perhaps since the Almera is lighter but I also noticed the QR20 has more HP and torque vs the newer MR20. Strange that the older motor has more power but say what..

User avatar
blacklancer
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 210
Joined: September 20th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby blacklancer » May 15th, 2013, 2:49 pm

acesinghit wrote:I personally find the MR20DE sylphy lacks the grunt of the QR20DE Almera...perhaps since the Almera is lighter but I also noticed the QR20 has more HP and torque vs the newer MR20. Strange that the older motor has more power but say what..

I think Nissan had fuel economy in mind with the MR20 since they claim it burns fuel like a 1.8 rather than a 2.0 then again "say what" as you said it's still a great family car. and pulls good when loaded.

User avatar
blacklancer
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 210
Joined: September 20th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby blacklancer » May 19th, 2013, 3:04 pm

Has anyone had to change their blower in recent time.

venom21
Street 2NR
Posts: 32
Joined: October 6th, 2004, 3:37 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby venom21 » June 17th, 2013, 9:31 am

Anyone had any problems with the CVT transmission so far?

User avatar
blacklancer
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 210
Joined: September 20th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby blacklancer » June 19th, 2013, 7:45 pm

No issues yet, fingers crossed, but think about this my sylphy is F/U 2006 model which puts it at 7years old and the car still runs like new and I know the 31,000km the dealer claims it had on it was wrong since there is a service tag on one of the harness wires which says 52,677 kms. Keep in mind people always complain about things they don't understand.

venom21
Street 2NR
Posts: 32
Joined: October 6th, 2004, 3:37 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby venom21 » June 20th, 2013, 11:06 am

what abt accessories, where can you get them locally? like the axis version front grill, door visors,projector lights etc.., i saw one with the projector lights installed it looked sweet, my bluebird is on the way from japan right now, so would like to get accessorize it when it reaches.

venom21
Street 2NR
Posts: 32
Joined: October 6th, 2004, 3:37 pm

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby venom21 » June 20th, 2013, 11:10 am

blacklancer wrote:No issues yet, fingers crossed, but think about this my sylphy is F/U 2006 model which puts it at 7years old and the car still runs like new and I know the 31,000km the dealer claims it had on it was wrong since there is a service tag on one of the harness wires which says 52,677 kms. Keep in mind people always complain about things they don't understand.


how often u change the cvt transmission oil?, i saw on the nissan sylphy club, it recommended to change it only when the mileage is ard 100,000 so, something with regularly changes affects the cvt transmission reliability.

User avatar
timos976
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 357
Joined: November 15th, 2012, 2:57 pm
Location: San Fernando

Re: Blubird Sylphy Owners club

Postby timos976 » June 20th, 2013, 11:33 am

My friend use a pin and made holes on the dash board to stop the bubbles..

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests