TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

sylphy MR20 transmission oil change?

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

azeem
Street 2NR

sylphy MR20 transmission oil change?

Postby azeem » July 10th, 2013, 3:43 pm

anyone changed their tranny oil yet? did u just change or did u flush?

raider
Riding on 13's

Re: sylphy MR20 transmission oil change?

Postby raider » July 19th, 2013, 6:56 pm

I just changed.

azeem
Street 2NR

Postby azeem » July 21st, 2013, 4:48 am

i flushed yesterday, took 3 gallons of NS2 CVT fluid @ $500 per gallon then $300 on the machine. took about half day. when they got done they car would change out of first gear. apparently they disconnected some unit and it wasnt making a clean connection when reconnected. but once they cleaned the connector it worked fine.

rennybj
Riding on 13's

Can you say what issues you had before you changed the oil

Postby rennybj » March 15th, 2018, 8:46 pm

azeem wrote:i flushed yesterday, took 3 gallons of NS2 CVT fluid @ $500 per gallon then $300 on the machine. took about half day. when they got done they car would change out of first gear. apparently they disconnected some unit and it wasnt making a clean connection when reconnected. but once they cleaned the connector it worked fine.

TurboSingh12
Riding on 16's

Postby TurboSingh12 » March 21st, 2018, 2:10 pm

I would off done a regular oil change.Most men who do tranny flush after a couple months it needs to be replaced

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 21st, 2018, 3:08 pm

TurboSingh12 wrote:I would off done a regular oil change.Most men who do tranny flush after a couple months it needs to be replaced

heard about this too..

is it that when they use the fluid exchange machine it blows out the internal seals or weakens it or does it remove too much of the sediment buildup - that would have helped ole brittle seals still work ??

when i did my fluid flush my solenoid kit failed on me abt 2 yrs later typical issue with nissans od this vintage - failing solenoid kit and being stuck in reverse....
NOTE i bought the car with symptoms of a failing kit so it not like it was 100 % fully functional - flushed and then it failed.

bought the new replacement nissan part from japan... nissan fixed the issue and reissued a replacement part complete with a new part #, got it installed it and no issues since.

so is it that solenoids kits are failing and ppl and being guided by their mechs change the entire transmission with a f used one - cause the "candle costing more than the funeral"

who really benefiting from this -the mech or the car owner or the part seller ??

you can either use the machine to do the fluid exchange

OR

do it via the cooler lines - which is what was done on my car

-the cooler lines that go to the radiator...
disconnect one...full it in a fluid receptacle to hold the old fluid...

start car as fast as engine is pumping out old fluid you pour in new fluid...
switch off vehicle when you see it start to pump out new fluid...reconnect the line restart vehicle and check fluid level... top off as necessary

only thing is to full in the new fluid you need to full it in via the dip stick..so a funnel is required.

TurboSingh12
Riding on 16's

Postby TurboSingh12 » March 22nd, 2018, 9:28 am

Im not sure but my brother did it on his CVT tranny on his Y11 and within a month the tranny was slipping like crazy.We then bought another which was working fine and he did the same flush and was problems again.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 22nd, 2018, 12:29 pm

TurboSingh12 wrote:Im not sure but my brother did it on his CVT tranny on his Y11 and within a month the tranny was slipping like crazy.We then bought another which was working fine and he did the same flush and was problems again.

WOW.... thats a bit of bad luck there so which begs the questions..

1. what is the correct procedure to replace transmission fluid in a regular / CVT unit.
drain / refil.... flush..... flush using machine...??

2. what is the recommended fluid change interval for the two types of trans -- regular 4spd / CVT?
(reason why i stating this one is MOST trinis only concern themselves with engine oil and not trans oil)

3. how should an oil change be done on a transmission that has gone wayyy past the recommended fluid change interval ??

example .manual says every 75k kms.... the car reaches 135k kms and has not done a trans oil flush.

4. what are the consequences of not doing a trans fluid replacement at the regular service interval.??

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » April 4th, 2018, 9:14 am

skylinechild wrote:
TurboSingh12 wrote:Im not sure but my brother did it on his CVT tranny on his Y11 and within a month the tranny was slipping like crazy.We then bought another which was working fine and he did the same flush and was problems again.

WOW.... thats a bit of bad luck there so which begs the questions..

1. what is the correct procedure to replace transmission fluid in a regular / CVT unit.
drain / refil.... flush..... flush using machine...??

2. what is the recommended fluid change interval for the two types of trans -- regular 4spd / CVT?
(reason why i stating this one is MOST trinis only concern themselves with engine oil and not trans oil)

3. how should an oil change be done on a transmission that has gone wayyy past the recommended fluid change interval ??

example .manual says every 75k kms.... the car reaches 135k kms and has not done a trans oil flush.

4. what are the consequences of not doing a trans fluid replacement at the regular service interval.??

I did a transmission flush 3 times on my tiida since having it and no problems. I only did the flush because I changed the brand of oil so I decided to got hat route. NOw I stick to one oil so the last time I drained and refilled.

I think the recommended interval for regular is 40000k? I do mine at 40000k. Not sure for cvt

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”