TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Will 4wd sr20det work in a 4wd wingroad?

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

cdmg
3NE 2NR for life

Will 4wd sr20det work in a 4wd wingroad?

Postby cdmg » June 21st, 2005, 6:45 am

Guys,

What engine upgrade will you suggest for a 5fwd full time 4wd wingroad? Is the drivetrain strong enough to handle decent power without breaking down? Must maintain reliability. I am interested in top spec'd nissan engines that will work so no GA16 or GA15 talk please unless you coming with something really good(the car came with the GA15).

I am hoping to retain the 4wd if it gives an advantage. Can anyone say *Wingroad WRC* :lol:

Thanks,
CG.

(OK Guys, I have changed the heading from rwd SR20DET to 4wd SR20DET to avoid confusion.)
Last edited by cdmg on June 22nd, 2005, 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » June 21st, 2005, 7:00 am

Nope, unless you plan on spending plenty mula.

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » June 21st, 2005, 7:39 am

Yeah it will work give me the money and I will show yuh how to do it :lol: :lol: :lol: Nah fella doh even try nothing with that kind of conversion unless yuh want to rip open the bottom with yuh car with a car opener get dif and also redo the entire suspension :mrgreen: you will save alot of money switching to Geico

belalegosi
18 pounds of Boost

Postby belalegosi » June 21st, 2005, 12:33 pm

why cant it work?
if the car already 4wd then why cant a 4wd sr20 work?

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » June 21st, 2005, 1:08 pm

why cant it work?

It can work but it makes no sense you will have to cut that car up to get the drive shaft to fit and then you have to fabricate of parts for there rear of the vehicle puttin in a whole RWD set up that will line up with the car properly..... then you have to cut the fire wall for the engine to fit also ( Very BIG MESS ) the better thing to do is to by a FWD you will spend too much money and the car might not even run straight on the track all power and no control = A waste of money and a good car

cdmg
3NE 2NR for life

Postby cdmg » June 21st, 2005, 2:09 pm

Picasso wrote:
why cant it work?

It can work but it makes no sense you will have to cut that car up to get the drive shaft to fit ...

Like he said, Why can't the 4wd sr20det work if the car is already 4wd? Keep in mind that the Wingroad is already full time 4wd.

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » June 21st, 2005, 2:20 pm

Like he said, Why can't the 4wd sr20det work if the car is already 4wd? Keep in mind that the Wingroad is already full time 4wd.

Not all wingroad comes AWD eh fella some special models have it plus the power you gonna put on the Drive shaft will rip dat sucker up badly is like putting a RB26DETT on a toothpick.. and also it is a RWD engine so it is not going to fit in the engine compartment across you will have to chop and refabricate your fire wall to get eh engine to fit properly length ways to accomidate the transmission to line up with the Drive shaft and the dif on dat car will rip righ out....

Doing this is doing BUll SHEIT!!!!! is best yuh chop off yuh piggy and try to be a prostitute..... :x

cdmg
3NE 2NR for life

Postby cdmg » June 21st, 2005, 2:36 pm

Forget about the rwd sr20det. I understand the severe limitations. What I am asking now is about the 4wd sr20det from the GTIR or so. Wasn't there a 4wd B14 with a Pulsar engine in it that was running in drags?

Please note that the particular wingroad I am talking about is full time 4wd. Many car models in Japan have 4wd versions which are usually cheaper than their 2wd counterparts. This particular wingroad is a 1997 JS model.

Just exploring some options. :)

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » June 21st, 2005, 2:52 pm

1997 JS model

Yeah I know that model umm to tell you the truth yeah it will work in it but I not tooo sure that is 100% sure :wink: dat it will line up perfect with the Drive Shaft, the front will line up properly but the rear may be a problem

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » June 21st, 2005, 3:02 pm

cdm, we put in ah GTI-R engine in ah Y10 alredy, wukk like dat, jus the tranny cuddn launch, it used tuh slip.
the car came with ah 20 so puttin the 4throttle was not a big task,
pm i if yuh really serious bout the convo.

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » June 21st, 2005, 3:07 pm

GTI-R engine in ah Y10

oooohhh sweet I will love to see this man with the AWD system

belalegosi
18 pounds of Boost

Postby belalegosi » June 21st, 2005, 3:12 pm

cdmg i still didnt see any valid reasons why it cant be done.
no cutting shud be involved since like u said the car already 4wd so the drive shaft shud fit.
also the 4wd sr20 shud fit w/o cutting the firewall.
pallie imho i think it can be done.
like droppa said pm him about the conversion. sounds like a beast :mrgreen:

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » June 21st, 2005, 3:16 pm

this is the question that was posted

Will rwd sr20det work in a 4wd wingroad?

Arwd SR20DET is mounted differnt than a FWD SR20 it is posibble to do it but you will have to firetruck up the car alot to get the system to work

belalegosi
18 pounds of Boost

Postby belalegosi » June 21st, 2005, 3:33 pm

oh 4 real i didnt read the headin good nah lol

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » June 21st, 2005, 3:50 pm

oh 4 real i didnt read the headin good nah lol

Boss ah was now about to diss you yes I wah know if you realy a tuner yes

belalegosi
18 pounds of Boost

Postby belalegosi » June 21st, 2005, 5:11 pm

^^^ :roll:

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » June 22nd, 2005, 7:43 am

:oops:

sr20ve
I LUV THIS PLACE

4wd wingraod

Postby sr20ve » June 22nd, 2005, 5:41 pm

if its a y11 wingroad ...buy a rear suspension with the diff and everything from the w11 avenir sr20det model ..it'll bolt up with slight mods ..then you can drop in the gtir engine.

cdmg
3NE 2NR for life

Re: 4wd wingraod

Postby cdmg » June 23rd, 2005, 4:18 am

sr20ve wrote:if its a y11 wingroad ...buy a rear suspension with the diff and everything from the w11 avenir sr20det model ..it'll bolt up with slight mods ..then you can drop in the gtir engine.

It is a Y10.

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » June 23rd, 2005, 7:36 am

buy a rear suspension with the diff and everything from the w11 avenir sr20det model ..it'll bolt up with slight mods ..then you can drop in the gtir engine.

This is what I am going to do to get the rear disk breaks... for operation Turtle Power :mrgreen:

GameOver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby GameOver » June 25th, 2005, 8:46 am

a gti-r engine & gearbox will definately work in 4wd config. presently i am trying to finance such a conversion for a 4wd b14(same driveline). if u have the cash dont let anyone discourage u its almost a drop in with slight mods.
p.s. there is a white 4wd b14 w/ sr20det from somewhere in the east. I spoke to him in the airport sometime ago. wish I got a contact#. i'm sure he could have helped.
good luck on a monster project!!

cdmg
3NE 2NR for life

Postby cdmg » June 25th, 2005, 10:27 am

GameOver wrote:a gti-r engine & gearbox will definately work in 4wd config. presently i am trying to finance such a conversion for a 4wd b14(same driveline). if u have the cash dont let anyone discourage u its almost a drop in with slight mods.
p.s. there is a white 4wd b14 w/ sr20det from somewhere in the east. I spoke to him in the airport sometime ago. wish I got a contact#. i'm sure he could have helped.
good luck on a monster project!!

Willing to say what the budget is? Where can the engine and gearbox be found?

GameOver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby GameOver » June 25th, 2005, 10:47 am

budget... originally I projected approx 15g's but was advised that the gti-r engine & g/box can run excess of 13g's. a regular det will be easier sourced and considerably cheaper about 8+. I havent really looked because I dont want to start and run out of funds halfway. Its going to be a daily driver so it has to be reliable, so no short cuts. i'm guessing about 7-8g's more for additional parts, accessories & installation. any conversion gods out there can correct me or advise otherwise.

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » June 27th, 2005, 9:52 am

Dread on the real after you spend money on fabricating and stuff you will end up spending 20k for sure.... that includes engine, wire harness, ecu,mouts,piping for intercooler, and maching shop time cause you might encounter one or two lil fabrications to be done to ensure that you get everything working good and line up properly...

Mr. Go Slow
Riding on 16's

Postby Mr. Go Slow » June 27th, 2005, 5:22 pm

Picasso wrote:Dread on the real after you spend money on fabricating and stuff you will end up spending 20k for sure.... that includes engine, wire harness, ecu,mouts,piping for intercooler, and maching shop time cause you might encounter one or two lil fabrications to be done to ensure that you get everything working good and line up properly...

At LEAST 20k!! and you should have $$ in reserve incase the engine coughs up a pistion or whatnot ...

Turbo conversions are NOT CHEAP!! ... Ask me how I know :roll:

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » June 28th, 2005, 9:52 am

you should have $$ in reserve incase the engine coughs up a pistion or whatnot ...

Oh and you only get a very short warranty on that engine so if yuh swapping make sure you get that engine in fast cause if the warrnaty up and yuh eh get the car running with it and just so it go cause it was one of those flooded Jap engines yuh arse is grass casuse yuh will have to do some serious work to bring it back...

Bezman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Bezman » June 28th, 2005, 10:10 am

why not jsut start the engine before you buy it, or/and do a compression and leak down test as well, that way you know you will be getting a good enigne, i dont know why no one else ever suggest this, never buy a used engine without testing somehow first..

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » June 28th, 2005, 10:14 am

why not jsut start the engine before you buy it, or/and do a compression and leak down test as well, that way you know you will be getting a good enigne, i dont know why no one else ever suggest this, never buy a used engine without testing somehow first..

Yeah you can do that but I have seen in so so so many instances that your engine starts on the ground runs for a month and on day you driving home and you have to call that towtruck number that you just passed on the highway

killersuzuki
Riding on 18's

Postby killersuzuki » June 28th, 2005, 12:41 pm

Have AT LEAST 25k on hand, with cash in reserve, and BE PREPARED to spend money to fine tune, and fix (this is the way it is with conversions)

Bezman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Bezman » June 28th, 2005, 3:10 pm

Yeah you can do that but I have seen in so so so many instances that your engine starts on the ground runs for a month and on day you driving home and you have to call that towtruck number that you just passed on the highway

thast why you do a leakdown and compression test to make sure the valves are sealing properly and that the piston rings and headgasket are still sealing the enigne... if you get poor values on any of these, you'll knwo you got a bad engine, and when you start it, hook up an oil presure guage, so you know the engine is getting good oil presure, and ensure you prime the engine before starting it, thats a common cause of engines knocking, (being started with no oil on the crank/bearings/rods and damagins them) also amke sure the oil pan is not dented or cracked, if dented, open it andpong it out befire starting the engine, as this may lead to oil starvation as well. where the pan is in contact wiht the oil pick up (or in some cases has broken it off inside the pan) so it cant pick up oil properly to feed/lub the engine

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”