TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Nissan Serena C25 Club

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

DO you own a C25?

Yes
88%
No
12%
Previously
No votes

Total votes: 25

d34
Street 2NR

Re: Nissan Serena C25 Club

Postby d34 » February 23rd, 2016, 8:36 am

P0171 2008 NISSAN SERENA - Fuel Injection System Too Lean Bank 1

Code 0 P0171 2008 Nissan SERENA
Possible causes
- Intake air leaks
- Faulty front heated oxygen sensor
- Ignition misfiring
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Exhaust gas leaks
- Incorrect fuel pressure
- Lack of fuel
- Faulty Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor
- Incorrect Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) hose connection

What does this mean?
Tech notes
If the P0171 is combined with the P0174 code, it's very likely that the problem is caused by an intake leak. If there are no intake leaks, the next step is to replaced the air filter and clean the air flow meter. If the problem persist the front oxygen (O2) sensor may need to be replaced.
What does this mean? What does this mean?
When is the code detected?
- Fuel injection system does not operate properly.
- The amount of mixture ratio compensation is too small. (The mixture ratio is too lean.)
Possible symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Excessive Fuel Consumption

P0171 2008 Nissan SERENA Description
With the Air/Fuel Mixture Ratio Self-Learning Control, the actual mixture ratio can be brought closely to the theoretical mixture ratio based on the mixture ratio feedback signal from the heated oxygen sensors 1. The Engine Control Module (ECM) calculates the necessary compensation to correct the offset between the actual and the theoretical ratios.

In case the amount of the compensation value is extremely large (The actual mixture ratio is too lean.), the ECM judges the condition as the fuel injection system malfunction and light up the MIL (2 trip detection logic).

trinilife
Street 2NR

Postby trinilife » February 23rd, 2016, 1:18 pm

Hey guys trinilife again, I repaired the hose that had a small leak, it was a vacuum hose that was gong to the small solenoid unit mounted on the front of the intake manifold close to the throttle body. Cleaned the air flow sensor with compressed air since I had no luck getting throttle body cleaner. Is real hose in they boy, hahahah. Would you guys believe I searched all of El Socorro parts places and could not get the fram air filter that was recommended by David. Anyway so as not to waste time I went to the Motorist in Curepe and got an original air filter for 325 ,only after I was leaving did the guy say I can get it for 275. Still high but want my vehicle working. My Serena is now idling smooth as a baby's butt. As for the sensor light coming on ,I have to drive it for a few days to see. Will keep you guys updated on progress.

d34
Street 2NR

Postby d34 » February 23rd, 2016, 9:04 pm

Thanks for the feedback trinilife.. Some mechanics who don't know, wont know and who think they know only make us spend unnecessary money that we could use otherwise..like buying a cold beer for friends.. I would put all i know in this Thread to help out a brother in need..

Rajakiya
Street 2NR

Postby Rajakiya » February 27th, 2016, 10:47 am

d34 Mr. Keith, is in the process of replacing transmission and oil cooler, he will also replace cradles as they are worn. Will let you know how vehicle performs when he if finished. Thanks for hooking me up, needed a mechanic who knows about these vehicle.

d34
Street 2NR

Postby d34 » March 3rd, 2016, 11:37 pm

Hey Taxi, cool no scene.glad i could help.

d34
Street 2NR

Postby d34 » March 7th, 2016, 7:55 pm

Hey tuners, just wanted to share an experience with you all. On Saturday I got a MIL (check light)on the dashboard. A diagnosis showed a code P1777- power train, step motor. I switched off the car and a while after I started it. When times to move off. The gears are showing the change on the dash but no gears were selecting, basically the Serena was not moving at all. No revs, no gear change. I had to call a wrecker.. I saw my Serena being loaded into a truck for the first time..:-(:-(
After extensive research, I found out that the step motor is the most troublesome part of the CVT tranny. I will post repair pics as I go along. Massey said that the valve control body of which the step motor is part of, costs $8000:???: I got a foreign used tranny but no harness and will attempt to transfer the step motor to my tranny. Tomorrow that project starts. Wish me luck guys

RAJIE
Sweet on this forum

Postby RAJIE » March 13th, 2016, 8:31 pm

anyone knows what prices a c25 serena nose cut or front cut sells for?
thanks

d34
Street 2NR

Postby d34 » March 14th, 2016, 6:49 am

Not off hand, bro. I could try and find out for you

trinilife
Street 2NR

Postby trinilife » March 25th, 2016, 10:33 pm

Hey David I am sorry to hear of your problem hope u get through soon. I got my problem fixed thanks to you. I want to ask two questions . should I use Teflon on my cross member . and two how does CNG work on the Serena. Three weeks and no problems with my vehicle since. Thanks again my friend. Good luck.

trinilife
Street 2NR

Postby trinilife » March 25th, 2016, 10:36 pm

I wrote a great article about my problem and posted it ,only to realize that it was deleted since it did not go through. Second time this crap happened.

trinilife
Street 2NR

Postby trinilife » March 29th, 2016, 10:25 pm

Hey David did you get through with the transmission solenoid switch or pump for your Serena. Just wanted to know how the progress going. I got no reply to my last questions . so I guess you are real busy getting your vehicle sorted out. I know how it is when your vehicle is down. I go through the same crap. I need a good mechanic also. Its time we the consumers demand good service mechanics . They all seem to think we are at their mercy. There seems to be only change parts guys out there ,no one knows how to repair anymore. everybody get lazy. Their famous words, buy one. As if the money coming out their pockets. LOL. Anyway good luck again with your problem. Look forward to your reply.

drdroutermaster
Street 2NR

Postby drdroutermaster » April 4th, 2016, 5:43 am

Considering buying a C26 Serena. Any advise?
Potential problems?

Dcomma
Riding on 13's

Looking for Highway Star headlight and bumper.

Postby Dcomma » April 7th, 2016, 10:16 pm

Hello everyone I am in need of a right head light and front bumper, for my Serena Highway star I've been looking for some time now and not luck. I went to the bamboo and only M&N told me I might get them if it comes in a shipment, any advice of where I can get them will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 15th, 2016, 11:18 pm

Hello d34. Came across your informative thread on tuner and am hoping you can give me some guidance.

Due to my family situation, Im looking to acquire a 7 seater vehicle and the serena is on that list. Any advice you can give on the vehicle and what sort of issues are typical with the c25 or the c26? I heard overheating and an inferior radiator is a major issue. Is this true? And judging from your posts, i gather that you're a mechanic of sorts. If i do purchase a c25 or c26, can i bring it by you for a complete check up and diagnostic and major service, or anything special you'd recommend. Thanks in advance for your help.

d34
Street 2NR

Postby d34 » May 17th, 2016, 1:30 am

Hello Carluva, Sorry for taking so long to respond, was quite busy the last few weeks. You can always contact me via 302 7633 whats app too. of course i would be willing to assist you in any way i can.

d34
Street 2NR

Postby d34 » May 17th, 2016, 1:34 am

Hey all, hey Trinilife, My apologies for taking so long to respond,,, I had to deal with the passing away of my eldest daughter recently..so please don't think I abandoned you guys...I will be posting a little more regular now..

automac
Riding on 13's

Postby automac » October 13th, 2016, 1:23 pm

Hi. I have a Nissan Serena C26 with a problem. Let me give you the run down of what happened so you can have a full idea of the problem.

The vehicle which is used for taxi purposes was parked from around 6pm to 4:30am. When the driver entered and started the vehicle around 4:30am he noticed that the engine light came on. He contacted the technician who changed the engine oil in the vehicle (NB: engine and transmission fluids are changed on a regular basis i.e. every one month and every four months respectfully) and he also cleaned the throttle body sensors. The engine light came off. After about 5 minutes of driving the driver stopped to purchase something and when he went back into the vehicle it started and idling but it wasn't revving nor accelerating.

We contacted a car technician who said it might be the catalytic converter so we took it out but we were getting the same problem. The vehicle started well in just one turn of the key, idle well, shifting into gears well but not revving nor accelerating. We then checked the engine fuse box and realized that the TCU fuse was blown so we changed that. The vehicle then started to rev but it wast driving.

We then contacted auto electricians who ran diagnostic tests on the vehicle. We had four different test machines. Three of then had no reading and one came back with the code P0746. We then cleaned all the sensors but still the same problem just this time we are back to it not revving at all. We also changed out the relays in the engine box.

Now I am here checking to see if any of you have any clue as to what this can be.

-Roach-
12 pounds of Boost

Postby -Roach- » March 31st, 2017, 9:14 am

Anyone have any C25 for sale?... Interested in purchasing one...

-Roach-
12 pounds of Boost

Postby -Roach- » March 31st, 2017, 3:07 pm

Update: End up getting one at a good price... Owner said the engine was changed in Janurary.. MR20... It has the digital temp indicator with the gauge not the light... 4 Wheel Disc Brakes...

Questions... How do you prevent the over heating/tranny problems from occurring?... Any tricks to help that situation?... Thats the only thing im worried about cuz my wife would be using it regular...

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 31st, 2017, 4:21 pm

^^From a guy named curtis?

-Roach-
12 pounds of Boost

Postby -Roach- » April 1st, 2017, 9:15 am

Nah from a guy in Tabaquite name Peter...

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 1st, 2017, 10:45 am

Ok..

-Roach-
12 pounds of Boost

Postby -Roach- » April 2nd, 2017, 9:49 pm

Update 2: Previous owner did the tranny oil cooler upgrade... But i still dont see any additional fans only the 2 that it came with... Im really swaying away from cutting holes in my bumper... Anyone can assist me in what type of fan to buy... Where to install it... What type of radiator should i invest in since it has the original radiator still installed?... What can i do besides the additional fan and oil cooler to help cool the radiator/tranny and engine?...

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 3rd, 2017, 12:03 am

If u can install an after market temperature Gauge and trend how the temperature responds, u can see how much work the cooling system actually is doing.

there is supposed to be a Serena subgroup in The nissan forum... i came a cross it do a lil search to find it.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 3rd, 2017, 12:06 am

Fleck,,, on my tab and didn't see the forum... lolz

NuffRespect
3NE 2NR for life
Location: In Partycrasher Office, to the left of Spongebobb and to the right of Partycrasher!

Postby NuffRespect » April 3rd, 2017, 11:08 am

Good day..i have a HFC26 Hybrid..thinking about installing a Tranny oil cooler..there are different sizes.. what should be the best size to install..in a daily driven Serena doing about 80 to 100kms a day..not taxi. Thanks.

NuffRespect
3NE 2NR for life
Location: In Partycrasher Office, to the left of Spongebobb and to the right of Partycrasher!

Postby NuffRespect » May 6th, 2017, 4:28 am

Good day all...i would like to obtain a radiator fan or motor for a HFC26 Serena..i believe it's a 4 wire system. Please call or message 3965796..needed asap. Thanks.

livershd
Riding on 13's

Postby livershd » July 12th, 2017, 10:27 pm

Hey guys i need your help i have a c26 and hearing some suspension knocking on the front of the vehicle. Mechanic said all engine mounts are bad. Where can i get good mounts to buy and where i can go to get a second opinion? Really need some help

determined
Riding on 13's

Postby determined » July 13th, 2017, 9:15 pm

I think you can check Guya (Idk if I got spelling right). Located on Cipero street San Fernando.

livershd
Riding on 13's

Postby livershd » July 14th, 2017, 12:23 am

determined wrote:I think you can check Guya (Idk if I got spelling right). Located on Cipero street San Fernando.

Thanks will check it out

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”