TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

As wagon y11 spring cut

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Link_Tech
Riding on 13's

As wagon y11 spring cut

Postby Link_Tech » January 23rd, 2016, 2:21 am

Fellers I gonna cut the springs on my y11
I know it's not a good idea to cut the original springs but I can't afford lowering springs
Currently my car sits on some 17" Rs-GT wrapped with 215-45. I jus want to get rid of the highlux look

My question is how much coils to cut from front and back
1 I don't want too much of an uneven drop
2 not looking for no drop low competition look. Was thinking bout 1 and ah half coil in front but how much to the back

I know guys cut theres b4 may have an idea of the ratio.
I jus dont wanna have to cut then when I rest the car down have to go jack back up and cut again

Any advice.
Other than lowering kit or coilover springs

14lover
3NE 2NR for life

Re: As wagon y11 spring cut

Postby 14lover » January 26th, 2016, 12:42 pm

My advice to you is to wait until u could accumulate funds to properly lower your car. Cutting the springs will give u a terrible ride bro.

Advent
Riding on 17's

Postby Advent » January 27th, 2016, 8:35 am

14lover wrote:My advice to you is to wait until u could accumulate funds to properly lower your car. Cutting the springs will give u a terrible ride bro.

this :!:

curlis
Riding on 13's

Postby curlis » February 25th, 2016, 8:33 am

i cut 1 1/2 in front and 1 in the back. nice level, going over humps comfortable without angling. corners nicely sits on the highway good. only problem is dat I feeling all the dips on the highway now as the ride gets a bit stiffer

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » February 25th, 2016, 8:35 pm

Like 14lover said "Wait until you have the money", but you could not wait !

If a spring has 8 coils, and when compressed, each coil gives 1/2 inch, then you will get 4 inches of travel.
If you cut out 2 coils you will reduce your travel to 3 inches instead which is now achieved with more compression force. So now you have 6 coils trying to absorb all the potholes, humps and unevenness of the road.

The car rides like a boxcart, and now you have to drive slower, wearing away the back of your shirt as it rubs up and down on your backrest. Your steering rack is overworked, as your car moves left and right in your trying to avoid even small holes and humps. You have to try all sorts of semantics in approaching and going over a road hump. Fat people are banned from riding your car, as the wheel touches the arch with the slightest weight. You become a pain-in-the-arce for the driver behind you.

The AD wagon is not even a family car. It was intended for commercial use in Japan. Nissan engineers knew why the AD wagon was designed that way.
Spending money on an AD wagon to make it look sporty is an exercise in futility. You should have gotten a Wingroad instead.
Peace.
RR.

samos
Street 2NR

Postby samos » March 4th, 2016, 9:37 pm

Dude I was about that cut spring life and trust me that is failure foreign used drop springs is about 1700 to 1500 and Rsr espiler real best it feels like stock

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » March 5th, 2016, 7:37 am

ramishrrr wrote:Like 14lover said "Wait until you have the money", but you could not wait !

If a spring has 8 coils, and when compressed, each coil gives 1/2 inch, then you will get 4 inches of travel.
If you cut out 2 coils you will reduce your travel to 3 inches instead which is now achieved with more compression force. So now you have 6 coils trying to absorb all the potholes, humps and unevenness of the road.

The car rides like a boxcart, and now you have to drive slower, wearing away the back of your shirt as it rubs up and down on your backrest. Your steering rack is overworked, as your car moves left and right in your trying to avoid even small holes and humps. You have to try all sorts of semantics in approaching and going over a road hump. Fat people are banned from riding your car, as the wheel touches the arch with the slightest weight. You become a pain-in-the-arce for the driver behind you.

The AD wagon is not even a family car. It was intended for commercial use in Japan. Nissan engineers knew why the AD wagon was designed that way.
Spending money on an AD wagon to make it look sporty is an exercise in futility. You should have gotten a Wingroad instead.
Peace.
RR.

Yea boi...man talk rel sense here. Doh go tru dat with an ad. Save ur money and sell when the time comes to buy something better.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

curlis
Riding on 13's

Postby curlis » March 7th, 2016, 7:32 am

I got the espiler springs. got the lowered ride height and performance very good. runs as if its the original springs. theres a guy here that has the actual coil overs for the ad. front and back. Vash*
is his name

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”