TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Hill climbing issue - Tiida CVT 1.5

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

crazeeblu
Riding on 13's

Hill climbing issue - Tiida CVT 1.5

Postby crazeeblu » April 5th, 2016, 4:48 pm

Hey folks,

I have noticed something about my 2010 Tiida with cvt 1.5 engine. The problem that I am having is that the car loses power intermittently while going up a steep hill.

What really happens is that upon approaching the hill, it seems to be going fine, but further up the hill it loses power almost to a point that I feel as though the car is going to stall. Suddenly the car regains power then loses it again as it goes higher up the hill and it goes on this way until I reach the top of the hill.

Is this normal behavior? Or can anyone explain what exactly is happening to the engine when Hello,

I have noticed something about my 2010 nissan versa cvt type tranny 1.5 engine. The problem that I am having is that the car loses power intermittently while going up a steep hill.

What really happens is that upon approaching the hill, it seems to be going fine, but further up the hill it loses power almost to a point that I feel as though the car is going to stall. Suddenly the car regains power then loses it again as it goes higher up the hill and it goes on this way until I reach the top of the hill.

Is this normal behavior? and can you give details as to exactly whats happening when the car regains power after almost slowing to a stop?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

HSA
Riding on 17's

Re: Hill climbing issue - Tiida CVT 1.5

Postby HSA » April 11th, 2016, 8:43 am

air condition on cycle??? when the ac engages the car looses power to spin the compressor.....when it disengages the power is back... make sure the ac is off...

if u live in paramin u'll catch your rass with a 1.5 engine to go uphill.....

RAJIE
Sweet on this forum

Postby RAJIE » April 12th, 2016, 2:17 am

check air filter

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » April 12th, 2016, 3:01 pm

what gear are you using when you're climbing?
what rpm are you climbing at?

vagues
Street 2NR

Postby vagues » April 26th, 2016, 7:46 am

had this problem....oil needs to change....was too heavy...

saball15
Riding on 13's

Postby saball15 » March 8th, 2017, 8:11 pm

0X you could check your catalytic converter, symptoms you have could be this cause.

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”