TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Battery Terminal Hot

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Step2dbeet
Riding on 13's

Battery Terminal Hot

Postby Step2dbeet » January 27th, 2018, 3:43 pm

Good day everyone.
Last year March I bought a new battery for my car. Today however I had to get a jump twice. I went to Chatoors and they replaced my battery since it was under warranty.
They didn't do any electrical checks on the car.
When I came home to make sure the poles are connected firmly, the positive terminal of the battery was hot to the touch.
Any ideas to what is going on?
Power has to be drawn to generate that heat.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: Battery Terminal Hot

Postby skylinechild » January 27th, 2018, 7:08 pm

Step2dbeet wrote:Good day everyone.
Last year March I bought a new battery for my car. Today however I had to get a jump twice. I went to Chatoors and they replaced my battery since it was under warranty.
They didn't do any electrical checks on the car.
When I came home to make sure the poles are connected firmly, the positive terminal of the battery was hot to the touch.
Any ideas to what is going on?
Power has to be drawn to generate that heat.

how hot is hot..??? remember its in the engine bay to it may feel slightly warm to the touch - depending on where the battery fits in the engine bay. if you say its HOT to the touch something going on .

that being said check the batter wiring / terminals to ensure it isn't touching on the vehicle body and going to ground.

get a multi meter and check the battery voltage at rest - ie engine off ----....start your car and check reading again......load engine - ie turn on lights ac radio etc - and check again.

at each step - except the battery voltage at rest state - check the alternator output voltage by connecting the volt meter to the alternator.

come back and let us know.

TurboSingh12
Riding on 16's

Re: Battery Terminal Hot

Postby TurboSingh12 » February 21st, 2018, 9:43 am

The first thing will cause that is your starter is poling. Get it serviced or replaced.

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”