TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

synthetic Transmission oil

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Nicknacks
Street 2NR

synthetic Transmission oil

Postby Nicknacks » January 28th, 2018, 9:47 pm

Hello everyone i am not sure if my post was sent the first time so i am resending.
i am thinking of changing the transmission oil to fully synthetic transmissio oil in my Nissan Sunny GA15. Is that safe to do? I await your responses and thanks in advance

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: synthetic Transmission oil

Postby skylinechild » January 29th, 2018, 7:08 am

yes you can use it... bear in mind a GA15 is over 20+ yrs old...same goes for the transmission.. - provided youre using the same transmission the GA 15 was shipped with from factory - as such the internal seals and such may be brittle and hard and there will be sediment buildup in the valve body and other areas.

changing out to synthetic fluid may cause dirt and debris to be come dislodged and flow out of the system - the same dirt and debris which would have helped brittle seals still work....will now no longer be there and as a result....it may cause ur transmission to fail.

ur choice if u still wanna go thru with it......

i use fully synthetic automatic fluid in my transmission btw.....

when i swapped to fully synthetic fluid it worked really well but my transmission failed due to a solenoid issue- i replaced the solenoid and fixed and since then no issues.

best advice i can give you ....if you wanna prolong the life of such an aged transmission
change with regular dex 3 fluid...drain and refil... or flush and refil.

install a PROPER external transmission oil cooler..... and be happy.

Nicknacks
Street 2NR

Re: synthetic Transmission oil

Postby Nicknacks » January 29th, 2018, 9:36 pm

Hello Skylinechild
Thanks for your valuable advice..the transmission that is in the car is still the original..Based upon your advise I will instead do an oil change with the regular Dexron 111 fluid. Can't afford to replace a transmission right now as these are not easily available in St.Vincent.. In addition there are no certified transmission mechanics here also.
Thank you very much again for your advise. Much appreciated.

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”