TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Help: Engine MIL on B17

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

jose123
3NE 2NR for life

Help: Engine MIL on B17

Postby jose123 » May 8th, 2018, 7:50 pm

Need some help:
Check engine light is on on my Nissan Sylphy JDM B17. MR8 engine.
Champ Flues Auto, after 3 scans (charging for each one) and turning around the plugs and coil packs thinks it's the injectors. After their injector service same issue. Once again, charging for a scan they think it's the injectors that need to be physically removed for cleaning.
Auto 8 thinks it's a bad coil pack. They reset the ECU and the problem reoccurred not 20 feet from their garage.
Ryoyech, after a full check, also believes it is the injectors. Everything else checks out on his machine which is basically the one I trust.
The accelerator press test brings up a 0304 code as does both Champ Flues and Auto 8 machines. Ryotec also brings up this code but with other problem indicated across all cylinders, not just the 4th.

Question: who can point me to a competent tech who can remove the fuel rail and physically examine it and correct the problem? Or someone who can assist to repair the problem?

Thanks.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: Help: Engine MIL on B17

Postby skylinechild » May 8th, 2018, 8:22 pm

jose123 wrote:Need some help:
Check engine light is on on my Nissan Sylphy JDM B17. MR8 engine.
Champ Flues Auto, after 3 scans (charging for each one) and turning around the plugs and coil packs thinks it's the injectors. After their injector service same issue. Once again, charging for a scan they think it's the injectors that need to be physically removed for cleaning.
Auto 8 thinks it's a bad coil pack. They reset the ECU and the problem reoccurred not 20 feet from their garage.
Ryoyech, after a full check, also believes it is the injectors. Everything else checks out on his machine which is basically the one I trust.
The accelerator press test brings up a 0304 code as does both Champ Flues and Auto 8 machines. Ryotec also brings up this code but with other problem indicated across all cylinders, not just the 4th.

Question: who can point me to a competent tech who can remove the fuel rail and physically examine it and correct the problem? Or someone who can assist to repair the problem?

Thanks.

I SWEAR i already replied to you in the other thread... never mind ..

glad u got thru with ur fuel pump issue... what did u do ?? did you buy a OEM replacement online or from massey? or did u go the ebay route or did you go aftermarket with a Fuel pressure regulator.??

to be honest... ryo tech (ryan) is the guy youve been dealing with and hes the guy ( i will recommend) who can remove the rail and check the injectors for you or replace them...

i honestly didnt know why you bother with the auto 8 place in champ fleurs as they charged you to tell you the same thing ryan told you initially....

failing him theres big Z ( hes a power seller) in princes towne. hes a well respected guy and very competent tech from the other reviews here on tuner. hes a bit too far for me and well ryan is my go to guy.

whichever tech you find and whichever route you go for the injectors - massey or online ordering or the foreign used place be sure to get a new set of injector seals.... they relatively cheap and you might as well replace them one time.

Anil_Sooknanan
30 pounds of Boost

Re: Help: Engine MIL on B17

Postby Anil_Sooknanan » July 29th, 2018, 9:23 am

7372330 if i can't prove the problem the test is free

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”