TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Nissan Almera transmission

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

JELAN
Riding on 13's

Nissan Almera transmission

Postby JELAN » August 2nd, 2018, 4:18 pm

Good afternoon folks. Need your advice on the possible route I should take in terms of repairing the transmission on my Almera. It's a 2005 foreign used model. One friend of mine who's into rentals and had quite a few similar cars in his fleet suggested that I buy the kit and have the transmission rebuilt since he had purchased a foreign used transmission some time before and it did not last even one week. Another friend purchased a foreign used transmission for his B14 over three years ago and has had absolutely no problems since. Based on your experiences, please advise as to the pros and cons of going either route, and what may be the best option for me. Please note that I am located in Tobago. Much thanks for your advice.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: Nissan Almera transmission

Postby skylinechild » August 4th, 2018, 3:31 am

JELAN wrote:Good afternoon folks. Need your advice on the possible route I should take in terms of repairing the transmission on my Almera. It's a 2005 foreign used model. One friend of mine who's into rentals and had quite a few similar cars in his fleet suggested that I buy the kit and have the transmission rebuilt since he had purchased a foreign used transmission some time before and it did not last even one week. Another friend purchased a foreign used transmission for his B14 over three years ago and has had absolutely no problems since. Based on your experiences, please advise as to the pros and cons of going either route, and what may be the best option for me. Please note that I am located in Tobago. Much thanks for your advice.

whats the issue with the transmission ??
in some cases depending on the issue its cheaper easier to fix and other cases cheaper to replace.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » August 4th, 2018, 8:18 am

Go by Jai on Aranguez Road he is real good will diagnose and tell you what's best to do , sent some people there and was just simple fixes like solenoid to change,

He does not rush to say change transmission

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » August 6th, 2018, 8:00 pm

PariaMan wrote:Go by Jai on Aranguez Road he is real good will diagnose and tell you what's best to do , sent some people there and was just simple fixes like solenoid to change,

problem with those Transmission places like jai they source the replacement solenoids out of f used transmissions.

the issue with those is that Nissan has a known issue with the solenoids from transmissions of that era- RE4FO3B etc etc and even went as far as providing a recall and replacement procedure - once under warranty.

Nissan released a newer solenoid kit - new part # - meant to replace the cars that had the old solenoid kit in their transmissions which has the issue causing them to fail.

problem is most Nissans were out of the warranty and those that were in warranty weren't in japan - they were sold & exported for sale in other countries.

and good luck finding a f used transmission with the replacement solenoids installed.

so going by a transmission place like jai and getting a f used solenoid installed is a 50/50 chance.

find out whats the exact issue and if it is the solenoids...
buy the new solenoid kit from japan - its only $1200 new- and the new sump pan gasket...and done.

its cheaper and economical - if it is the solenoid issue.

how i know about the solenoid issue- mine failed on me and i ordered the new part from japan.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » August 7th, 2018, 10:27 am

skylinechild wrote:
PariaMan wrote:Go by Jai on Aranguez Road he is real good will diagnose and tell you what's best to do , sent some people there and was just simple fixes like solenoid to change,

problem with those Transmission places like jai they source the replacement solenoids out of f used transmissions.

the issue with those is that Nissan has a known issue with the solenoids from transmissions of that era- RE4FO3B etc etc and even went as far as providing a recall and replacement procedure - once under warranty.

Nissan released a newer solenoid kit - new part # - meant to replace the cars that had the old solenoid kit in their transmissions which has the issue causing them to fail.

problem is most Nissans were out of the warranty and those that were in warranty weren't in japan - they were sold & exported for sale in other countries.

and good luck finding a f used transmission with the replacement solenoids installed.

so going by a transmission place like jai and getting a f used solenoid installed is a 50/50 chance.

find out whats the exact issue and if it is the solenoids...
buy the new solenoid kit from japan - its only $1200 new- and the new sump pan gasket...and done.

its cheaper and economical - if it is the solenoid issue.

how i know about the solenoid issue- mine failed on me and i ordered the new part from japan.
People I carried Jai advised what was wrong and part was purchased by customer and Jai changed it

Customer was free to buy where ever they chose

JELAN
Riding on 13's

Postby JELAN » August 9th, 2018, 10:44 pm

Thanks for your suggestions guys. Problem was that only my reverse gear and first gear were kicking in immediately whenever I started the car on a morning. The same thing happened if the car was parked for a while during the day. The other gears only worked after car was running for a while As I said in my original post, I am located in Tobago so it would have been difficult to get the job done in Trinidad. Got it done in Tobago last Tuesday though. Thanks again for your help.

novastar1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby novastar1 » February 14th, 2019, 7:52 am

Hi
I have a p11 automatic with overdrive
Had the engine mounts replaced recently and soon after the reverse gear won't engage or will be very slow to engage?
Any advice on what to do and any transmission mechanic in San Fernando or environs?

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”