TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Qg15de blacktop swap to silver top help

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Agent_orr
Riding on 13's

Qg15de blacktop swap to silver top help

Postby Agent_orr » September 15th, 2018, 9:11 pm

I am currently about to swap a silvertop qg15 from a 2003 facelift auto wingroad into my 1999 6speed auto prefacelift that had a blacktop qg15de in it, what am i going to have to swap over? both cars are complete, silvertop has body damage but mint engine and blacktop has cracked head

Anil_Sooknanan
30 pounds of Boost

Re: Qg15de blacktop swap to silver top help

Postby Anil_Sooknanan » September 15th, 2018, 10:10 pm

The silver top is E throttle which would be a lot more work to have it functional vs buying a head and block from the bamboo. The wiring alone gonna cost more than buying the engine. E throttle versions are can bus so you won't be able to tie into the old system, the easiest way of getting it done is by changing everything such as the under dash harness and engine bay harness. You'll also have the use the air condition controls

Agent_orr
Riding on 13's

Re: Qg15de blacktop swap to silver top help

Postby Agent_orr » October 6th, 2019, 2:40 pm

Anil_Sooknanan wrote:The silver top is E throttle which would be a lot more work to have it functional vs buying a head and block from the bamboo. The wiring alone gonna cost more than buying the engine. E throttle versions are can bus so you won't be able to tie into the old system, the easiest way of getting it done is by changing everything such as the under dash harness and engine bay harness. You'll also have the use the air condition controls

Completed swap a couple of months, you were very right, had to change EVERYTHING front to rear all the wiring but is running and i now know too much about the qg15de haha cheers for the info

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”