TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

In Ten Years from Now.

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

In Ten Years from Now.

Postby ramishrrr » January 26th, 2019, 7:18 am

Hello Folks,
Of course, most of us are aware of the proliferation of Hybrid vehicles making (no pun intended) inroads in the traffic on our roads today. Yes, the established authorised dealers have joined the grey-market dealers to increase the sales of Hybrid vehicles in T&T. While it offers excellent value for your money the Hybrid automobile is just the stepping-stone to a fully electric vehicle inthe near future.
It appears that in about ten years or so, about 50% of the commuter vehicles on the roads here, will be either Hybrid or fully electric. I heard there is a Tesla here, and I've seen the first-generation Nissan Leaf. While the Tesla is a long shot for most of us, it is obvious as the Japanese starts churning them out...............voila !!
There is plenty resistance against the Hybrid, so imagine for the Electric. But I remember when I bought my first Seiko LCD watch in 1976, how much flak I got from my workmates that wore the mechanical types from renowned Swiss brands like Omega, Fortis, Tissot, Nivada and Caravelle ! Oh well............
Anyway, I always felt that if you do not go forward with technology, what you are actually doing is going backward.

The article below is not mine.
It is from Carscoops.

Nissan Leaf Becomes Norway’s Best-Selling Car Overall, Keeps EV Crown In Europe
BY Michael Karkafiris | Posted on January 26, 2019
Norway’s appetite for all-electric vehicles grows stronger each year, to the point where Nissan was able to top the overall sales charts for 2018 with the Leaf.
The Japanese car maker managed to sell 12,303 Leafs during the previous year in Norway, becoming the country’s best-selling car overall.
In addition, the electric hatchback remained Europe’s most popular EV, selling 40,699 units during the past year.
Nissan has updated the car with the introduction of new features, the most important of which is the addition of the Leaf e+ version that sports a larger 62kWh battery pack. The new battery extends the driving range to a WLTP-estimated 239 miles (384 km) and offers faster acceleration, too.
The Leaf also offers additional connected services, new color options (including a contrasting roof) and a new NissanConnect EV mobile app. The new connectivity features are offered in the new 3.Zero limited edition which comes with an eight-inch infotainment system that gets additional functions such as door-to-door navigation.
“We can celebrate standout sales success with Norway as an example, as it highlights how the Nissan electric ecosystem has established itself as a sustainable lifestyle choice in a relatively short space of time,” said Ken Ramirez, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Nissan Europe. “With the range now stronger than ever, we look forward to welcoming more customers to EV ownership in the coming months.”

Peace.
RR
Attachments
Leaf 3.jpg
Leaf 2.jpg
Leaf 1.jpg

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Re: In Ten Years from Now.

Postby ek4ever » January 26th, 2019, 12:08 pm

Any plans to sell this here? Also what kind of infrastructure is needed at the home to recharge this?

TurboSingh12
Riding on 16's

Postby TurboSingh12 » January 28th, 2019, 9:24 am

ek4ever wrote:Any plans to sell this here? Also what kind of infrastructure is needed at the home to recharge this?

My cuz bought one 3 months ago.Working very good.He brought in the Adapter outlet and wired it too the house so easy charging.

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » January 28th, 2019, 10:38 am

What's the cost of it all? Vehicle and charger

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » January 28th, 2019, 4:54 pm

In ten years eh.... hmmm...

TurboSingh12
Riding on 16's

Postby TurboSingh12 » February 1st, 2019, 9:10 am

ek4ever wrote:What's the cost of it all? Vehicle and charger

Car cost 100k Foreign used like new.Charger and outlet about $2500.

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » February 1st, 2019, 12:04 pm

Not bad. I guess as it's imported there's no dealer support for it. What's his plan if car has problems?

I wouldn't mind something like this but as it's new technology here in TT I would want to know there's some after sales support.

If course full electric vehicles usually have fewer issues.

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”