TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

B14 powered window installation

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
Lance
punchin NOS
Posts: 2703
Joined: June 21st, 2005, 7:49 am
Location: Arima<->Leeds

B14 powered window installation

Postby Lance » May 26th, 2019, 12:53 pm

I'm refurbishing my dad's old b14. It was an Fe so the doors were not powered.

I recently bought a set of powered doors and I now need a good electrician to wire them up without doing a hack job.

Anyone know someone that has done this before?

Advertisement
User avatar
skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5548
Joined: January 13th, 2008, 11:38 pm
Location: In a Skyline

Re: B14 powered window installation

Postby skylinechild » May 26th, 2019, 4:56 pm

Lance wrote:I'm refurbishing my dad's old b14. It was an Fe so the doors were not powered.

I recently bought a set of powered doors and I now need a good electrician to wire them up without doing a hack job.

Anyone know someone that has done this before?


youe FE model should come with the necessary wire harness on the body of the car.

there should be a 6 or 8 pin electrical plug capped off somewhere on thr vehicle frame. - closeby where the hinges are.

check for it and see if its there - if it is. - simple plug in and done.

User avatar
Lance
punchin NOS
Posts: 2703
Joined: June 21st, 2005, 7:49 am
Location: Arima<->Leeds

Re: B14 powered window installation

Postby Lance » May 26th, 2019, 6:51 pm

Just had a look.


The holes and rubber grommets are there. But no harness unfortunately.
skylinechild wrote:
Lance wrote:I'm refurbishing my dad's old b14. It was an Fe so the doors were not powered.

I recently bought a set of powered doors and I now need a good electrician to wire them up without doing a hack job.

Anyone know someone that has done this before?


youe FE model should come with the necessary wire harness on the body of the car.

there should be a 6 or 8 pin electrical plug capped off somewhere on thr vehicle frame. - closeby where the hinges are.

check for it and see if its there - if it is. - simple plug in and done.

User avatar
skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5548
Joined: January 13th, 2008, 11:38 pm
Location: In a Skyline

Re: B14 powered window installation

Postby skylinechild » May 28th, 2019, 7:15 am

Lance wrote:Just had a look.


The holes and rubber grommets are there. But no harness unfortunately.


then u need the vehicle harness in order to convert your car to powered windows

have a look up under the dash & see if the harness isnt wrapped & taped up out of the way

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests