TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Y12 Wingroad - ABS and Brakes Issue

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

triniredz24
Street 2NR

Y12 Wingroad - ABS and Brakes Issue

Postby triniredz24 » July 10th, 2019, 8:56 am

I was driving the car as I normally do until I reached on the highway. When I reached 100 kmh the ABS and Brakes lights turned on. I pulled asisde switched off the car and start it again. The warning lights turned off and I drove under 100 kmh, however after 15 mins my brakes pedal got mushy and spongy, barely getting any brakes at all. At this point the ABS and brakes light did not turn on and brakes was smelling high.

I parked up and later on in the day, I drove the car and brakes was fine until the same process above happened again. What is causing ABS and brakes to fail? Anyone ever experience this?

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Y12 Wingroad - ABS and Brakes Issue

Postby Musical Doc » July 10th, 2019, 11:54 am

It could be the brakes binding an the brakes fluid overheated from the friction and caused the brake failure. Had an instance years ago with my tiida where I was using excessive brakes because of an emergency an the brakes overheated an the pedal got soft an then I lost brakes. After it cooled down it worked fine again.

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » July 10th, 2019, 12:32 pm

Musical Doc wrote:It could be the brakes binding an the brakes fluid overheated from the friction and caused the brake failure. Had an instance years ago with my tiida where I was using excessive brakes because of an emergency an the brakes overheated an the pedal got soft an then I lost brakes. After it cooled down it worked fine again.

would still need to be bled. as with anything that overheats, it will be denatured to some extent and won't perform as effective as it did before.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » July 10th, 2019, 12:57 pm

Sundar wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:It could be the brakes binding an the brakes fluid overheated from the friction and caused the brake failure. Had an instance years ago with my tiida where I was using excessive brakes because of an emergency an the brakes overheated an the pedal got soft an then I lost brakes. After it cooled down it worked fine again.

would still need to be bled. as with anything that overheats, it will be denatured to some extent and won't perform as effective as it did before.

Correct. And as a precaution I switched to dot 4 after that. Never had trouble with the brakes after that but then I never had the cause to give the brakes work like that again too

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”