TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rebound
Riding on 17's

Re: T&T OFFICIAL new vehicle prices and discussion thread

Postby rebound » August 27th, 2018, 6:57 am

Correct, the current Rav4 in 2.5 approached 500k.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » August 27th, 2018, 7:03 am

Ever notice in foreign the car prices hardly goes up year on year while in Trinidad the opposite

Consumers just rush and pay and the dealers laugh all the way to the bank

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 27th, 2018, 11:26 am

PariaMan wrote:Ever notice in foreign the car prices hardly goes up year on year while in Trinidad the opposite

Consumers just rush and pay and the dealers laugh all the way to the bank

When you refer to foreign are you referring to countries like the US, Canada etc where the market size is tens and hundreds of millions and manufacturing takes place there or comparable import driven, small nations with just about a million people like us?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » September 2nd, 2018, 10:10 pm

2018 refreshed Nissan Pathfinder 3.5 V6 AWD is $750k. It's cheaper than a Fortuner, Prado and Land Cruiser for starters and it has a rewarding petrol V6 vs a diesel. Something to think about.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » September 4th, 2018, 6:34 am

Preludeman1
Street 2NR

Postby Preludeman1 » September 15th, 2018, 3:58 pm

hi all,

Thinking of buying a new hilux and was considering the 2.4 turbo diesel option versus the 2.8L turbo diesel counterpart.
I saw on the brochure that the clearance heights are different between the 2.4 and 2.8 models. But on looking at them in the showroom they do not seem to have varying heights.
Anyone familiar with the new 2018 Hilux can give an explanation or add clarity??

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » September 15th, 2018, 7:45 pm

Preludeman1 wrote:hi all,

Thinking of buying a new hilux and was considering the 2.4 turbo diesel option versus the 2.8L turbo diesel counterpart.
I saw on the brochure that the clearance heights are different between the 2.4 and 2.8 models. But on looking at them in the showroom they do not seem to have varying heights.
Anyone familiar with the new 2018 Hilux can give an explanation or add clarity??
what are d price difference

Preludeman1
Street 2NR

Postby Preludeman1 » September 15th, 2018, 10:42 pm

About 17k difference

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » September 15th, 2018, 11:13 pm

Can be due to the flare kit or some insignificant add on accessory on the higher priced model.

plushbeautyspa
Riding on 13's

Evelyne

Postby plushbeautyspa » September 17th, 2018, 4:11 pm

I reccomend you to try the best evelynelthomas.com/couples-counselling/ to improve your relationship.

Preludeman1
Street 2NR

Postby Preludeman1 » September 17th, 2018, 10:41 pm

supernedd wrote:

Went in today and found that the clearance is the same on all 4x4 Hilux models (both 2.4 and 2.8 ) so it looks like there is an error on the brochure regarding the 2.4 fabric trim.
Throwing it out there for anyone who may be looking in the future.

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » September 17th, 2018, 10:45 pm

Preludeman1 wrote:
supernedd wrote:

Went in today and found that the clearance is the same on all 4x4 Hilux models (both 2.4 and 2.8 ) so it looks like there is an error on the brochure regarding the 2.4 fabric trim.
Throwing it out there for anyone who may be looking in the future.
so a 4by2 n 4by4 is d same height .. what are d prices

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » September 25th, 2018, 2:52 pm

I meant to post this sometime ago but only just got around to doing so.

A few weeks ago, I went to see the Toyota Rush at TTTL's showroom, Barataria. I actually organized a demo of the unit cause I told myself that once it was impressive enough, I'd consider selling one of our rides (a Fortuner) use the cash to buy the Rush and have some cash left over. Man was I disappointed and glad I didn't sell the Fortuner as yet! Can't even imagine why its being called the baby Fortuner.

I must admit that I am really disappointed that Toyota pitches this as a seven seater and I really cannot comprehend why people are purchasing this. The third row is cramped. i'm 5'-10" and can fit pretty acceptably in the third row of the Fortuner. The Rush is cramped, to the point where my body hurt after a few minutes.

The second row is small and three adults cannot comfortable in the second row. Two adults will be comfortable.

Dimension wise: its narrower than the RaV4 and probably just as long. So it looks out of proportion.

The vehicle, while sold by Toyota is made by Daihatsu, which is owned by TMC. So the looks of the Rush are reminiscent of previous models like the Terios which if you know the latter will agree that there is that similar out of proportion resemblance.

I have three kids and all three are in varying degrees of car seats. For some time, we had one car seat in the second row and used the third row for two other car seats. Now for the comfort of all, all three car seats are in the second row and the third row is folded up but available to use should the need arise (which it has). If you are a family which has three small kids who are not in car seats/booster seats, then maybe the Rush vehicle can work. It should be noted that three car seats will never comfortable nor safely fit in this vehicle. The second row can only take two car seats but then a third passenger will have to climb through the trunk to enter the third row, For a family with two kids, maybe this can work with the third row up, but then one can argue that it basically becomes a five seater when there are better and similarly priced 5 seaters on the market. Sure some people would say that "its a Toyota" with the normal resale value blah blahs. But in reality, this is a Toyota badged Daihatsu.

I didn't waste time going for a test drive as the Rush did not appeal to me as maybe other vehicles in Toyota's (and perhaps other dealers') lineup. Even the salesman, a good colleague of mines, told me don't waste time to sell the Fortuner for the Rush as this wold be a dumb mistake. I now see why. Point to note, that its a 1.5L engine and while I was there, someone demo'd it before me and then another person right after me. On both occasions, the respective salesman told the customers that they will take the vehicle up the Lady Young to demo the capabilities of the engine and other features (presumably hill descent or hill start). Personally, I think it's to show that this 1.5L engine can make steep hills but even so, I think it'll struggle making a Maracas or Las Cuevas run with five passengers and beach gear/coolers. Won't even trust this on a Blanchicheusse Road! I cant even imagine why people are running down this vehicle and the shipments are being sold out even before arriving in the country. The few I saw on the road had the third row up, so I'm wondering if this was purchased as a seven seater or as a five seater.

So while I'm an advocate for more new seven seaters on the market, I think that this Rush is not worth it and its back to the drawing board to see who can bring good seven seater alternatives other than the conventional SUVs or minibuses.

That's my 2 cents worth.

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » September 25th, 2018, 6:46 pm

carluva wrote:I meant to post this sometime ago but only just got around to doing so.

A few weeks ago, I went to see the Toyota Rush at TTTL's showroom, Barataria. I actually organized a demo of the unit cause I told myself that once it was impressive enough, I'd consider selling one of our rides (a Fortuner) use the cash to buy the Rush and have some cash left over. Man was I disappointed and glad I didn't sell the Fortuner as yet! Can't even imagine why its being called the baby Fortuner.

I must admit that I am really disappointed that Toyota pitches this as a seven seater and I really cannot comprehend why people are purchasing this. The third row is cramped. i'm 5'-10" and can fit pretty acceptably in the third row of the Fortuner. The Rush is cramped, to the point where my body hurt after a few minutes.

The second row is small and three adults cannot comfortable in the second row. Two adults will be comfortable.

Dimension wise: its narrower than the RaV4 and probably just as long. So it looks out of proportion.

The vehicle, while sold by Toyota is made by Daihatsu, which is owned by TMC. So the looks of the Rush are reminiscent of previous models like the Terios which if you know the latter will agree that there is that similar out of proportion resemblance.

I have three kids and all three are in varying degrees of car seats. For some time, we had one car seat in the second row and used the third row for two other car seats. Now for the comfort of all, all three car seats are in the second row and the third row is folded up but available to use should the need arise (which it has). If you are a family which has three small kids who are not in car seats/booster seats, then maybe the Rush vehicle can work. It should be noted that three car seats will never comfortable nor safely fit in this vehicle. The second row can only take two car seats but then a third passenger will have to climb through the trunk to enter the third row, For a family with two kids, maybe this can work with the third row up, but then one can argue that it basically becomes a five seater when there are better and similarly priced 5 seaters on the market. Sure some people would say that "its a Toyota" with the normal resale value blah blahs. But in reality, this is a Toyota badged Daihatsu.

I didn't waste time going for a test drive as the Rush did not appeal to me as maybe other vehicles in Toyota's (and perhaps other dealers') lineup. Even the salesman, a good colleague of mines, told me don't waste time to sell the Fortuner for the Rush as this wold be a dumb mistake. I now see why. Point to note, that its a 1.5L engine and while I was there, someone demo'd it before me and then another person right after me. On both occasions, the respective salesman told the customers that they will take the vehicle up the Lady Young to demo the capabilities of the engine and other features (presumably hill descent or hill start). Personally, I think it's to show that this 1.5L engine can make steep hills but even so, I think it'll struggle making a Maracas or Las Cuevas run with five passengers and beach gear/coolers. Won't even trust this on a Blanchicheusse Road! I cant even imagine why people are running down this vehicle and the shipments are being sold out even before arriving in the country. The few I saw on the road had the third row up, so I'm wondering if this was purchased as a seven seater or as a five seater.

So while I'm an advocate for more new seven seaters on the market, I think that this Rush is not worth it and its back to the drawing board to see who can bring good seven seater alternatives other than the conventional SUVs or minibuses.

That's my 2 cents worth.
best review ever . if only other people who buy or test vehicles was this honest. people don't say nothing n leave u to buy crap. jus because they got caught

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » September 26th, 2018, 12:46 am

It is a Terios replacement.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 27th, 2018, 1:41 pm

Saw a Rush in traffic last week and I must say it looked weird..................and not in a good way. It was just not attractive in any form or fashion to me.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » September 27th, 2018, 7:17 pm

kamakazi wrote:It is a Terios replacement.
Yeah dont see the big deal with the rush..looks unattractive and narrow...toyota could hwve done better

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » September 29th, 2018, 8:58 am

Good news guys, we are coming closer to the arrival of the 2019 RAV4, Forester and Eclipse Cross in Q1 2019. If you're crossover shopping and could wait then I suggest you should :)

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » September 29th, 2018, 1:26 pm

agent007 wrote:Good news guys, we are coming closer to the arrival of the 2019 RAV4, Forester and Eclipse Cross in Q1 2019. If you're crossover shopping and could wait then I suggest you should :)
Hmm yeah cant wait for these overpriced stearlership prices also

purple_heart77
Sweet on this forum

Postby purple_heart77 » September 29th, 2018, 2:26 pm

*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:
agent007 wrote:Good news guys, we are coming closer to the arrival of the 2019 RAV4, Forester and Eclipse Cross in Q1 2019. If you're crossover shopping and could wait then I suggest you should :)
Hmm yeah cant wait for these overpriced stearlership prices also
Gx

Sent from my SM-G950F using TriniTuner mobile app

purple_heart77
Sweet on this forum

Postby purple_heart77 » September 29th, 2018, 2:26 pm

H

Sent from my SM-G950F using TriniTuner mobile app

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 29th, 2018, 7:17 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:Saw a Rush in traffic last week and I must say it looked weird..................and not in a good way. It was just not attractive in any form or fashion to me.

It was meant for those who cant buy the rav4...and looking for another yota suv

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » September 29th, 2018, 10:24 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:Saw a Rush in traffic last week and I must say it looked weird..................and not in a good way. It was just not attractive in any form or fashion to me.

It was meant for those who cant buy the rav4...and looking for another yota suv

Or men that upgrading from an Almera or a wet man.
In fact any man upgrading from a car (non euro) will think it bess.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 30th, 2018, 1:57 am

Rush is ugly AF anyone "upgrading" would be better off using the same cash on a roro

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » October 1st, 2018, 9:16 am

Rush = 229,000 and 249,000
Subaru XV = 225,000

My opinion is the XV is a much better vehicle.

but i understand why ALLL the RUSH have been sold. and most sold without having landed in Trinidad. A new corolla is 220,000 so the 229,000 price of a Rush is an easy sell.
they market the rush as an SUV family vehicle and many believe in the Toyota name and hence trust established in quality.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » October 1st, 2018, 12:26 pm

Well thats sounda reasonable...i would rather buy an suv for 229 thst a sedan for 220

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 6th, 2018, 3:01 pm

*$kїđž!™ wrote:Well thats sounda reasonable...i would rather buy an suv for 229 thst a sedan for 220

Even a piece of sheit SUV like the Rush?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » October 7th, 2018, 8:48 pm

No way. Remember that 229 is introductory price. Actual price is 20k more. Same for the high spec model.

So comparing 220k sedan to 249k "SUV" is not apples with apples. Arent there options for SUVs better than the Rush in the 249k price bracket?

khandman
3NE 2NR for life

Postby khandman » October 8th, 2018, 5:33 am

carluva wrote:I meant to post this sometime ago but only just got around to doing so.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Excellent honest review. Should provide good advice for anyone considering this vehicle. Not in the market for a 7 seater but if I were, I’d definitely go for a good used low mileage fortuner instead of the rush. Always liked those fortuners

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 8th, 2018, 6:24 am

Been snooping around tuner for some reviews on the gt86 but aint finding any...anyone care to share.. looking at the roro option

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”