TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Motorcycle Riders

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ruff
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Motorcycle Riders

Postby Ruff » July 8th, 2015, 11:48 pm

3stagevtec wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:Price?

I paid $115usd for it plus shipping to Trini.. would like to get back at least the $115 to put towards purchase of an 18" Michelin..

Ruff wrote:
3stagevtec wrote:I discovered my front wheel has a bend in it

Can be trued. I think caca can help.

Agreed, but it will be an epic PITA to remove that marine sealant to get to the spoke screws.. I am seeing some Honda Alloys on ebay that looks appealing..

Have you considered fender clearance?

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » July 9th, 2015, 1:27 am

Ruff wrote:
3stagevtec wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:Price?

I paid $115usd for it plus shipping to Trini.. would like to get back at least the $115 to put towards purchase of an 18" Michelin..

Ruff wrote:
3stagevtec wrote:I discovered my front wheel has a bend in it

Can be trued. I think caca can help.

Agreed, but it will be an epic PITA to remove that marine sealant to get to the spoke screws.. I am seeing some Honda Alloys on ebay that looks appealing..

Have you considered fender clearance?

I have.. Was considering to go with a 130/70-18 for the front (stock is 120/90-17), it is just 1.3% shorter and would give a nice wide tyre look, which I like.. The other option is a 110/90-18 which is just 1.1% taller and would have better turn in from what I've read.. decisions decisions..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

FS - Michelin Commander II 120/90-17 Motorcycle Tyre

cacasplat3
punchin NOS

Postby cacasplat3 » July 9th, 2015, 9:21 pm

lower profile will feel very different....
rim is out of true or bent? if bent just get a new rim and lace it up...
also larger rim with proper sized tire will affect geometry which will affect handling....will be more stable at speed, but harder to turn due to the increase in rake.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » July 9th, 2015, 11:16 pm

cacasplat3 wrote:lower profile will feel very different....
rim is out of true or bent? if bent just get a new rim and lace it up...
also larger rim with proper sized tire will affect geometry which will affect handling....will be more stable at speed, but harder to turn due to the increase in rake.

I think it is out of true. Can see a up / down wobble when you spin it on a stand. I really don't like spoked wheels, prefer to run tubeless for the event I get a puncture while on the road. A quick plug and I will be back running in no time VS a tow home + remove wheel / tyre just to patch a tube..

I have a plug kit + mini air compressor on my bike. I purchased an Enkei Honda alloy wheel, it comes stock on other Shadow models and is a direct fit for my bike. I am sticking with the 110/90-18 tyre to keep the sharper handling. I am just stuck trying to decide which Michelin tyre to go with, I want best wet weather traction..

cacasplat3
punchin NOS

Postby cacasplat3 » July 10th, 2015, 12:17 am

well in that case keep it as a spare....but fix it before you pack it away. you don't want to need it at some point down the road, but its still off.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » July 10th, 2015, 1:27 am

cacasplat3 wrote:well in that case keep it as a spare....but fix it before you pack it away. you don't want to need it at some point down the road, but its still off.

Good point there. Didn't think of that.. but the thought of having to dig back out all that marine sealant.. sheesh!

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » July 10th, 2015, 2:38 am

Where you got that sealant to buy?

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » July 10th, 2015, 3:02 am

Ted_v2 wrote:Where you got that sealant to buy?

Dansteel if I remember correctly.. other places like SSL, Allied Industrial etc supposed to have it.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » July 19th, 2015, 3:14 am

Any local motorcycle facebook groups?

modifierz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby modifierz » September 7th, 2015, 9:01 am

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
Last edited by modifierz on June 14th, 2017, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » September 19th, 2015, 11:11 pm

Does anyone here own a Honda Magna VF750C? I am looking specifically for the 1994–2003 models.. I would like some assistance with a measurement from the front left fork tube.

Thanks

jerry2008
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jerry2008 » September 20th, 2015, 8:06 am

Need steering damper to fit Honda 600rr 08

kdere
3NE 2NR for life

Postby kdere » September 20th, 2015, 8:25 am

jerry2008 wrote:Need steering damper to fit Honda 600rr 08

Ebay

jerry2008
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jerry2008 » September 20th, 2015, 9:51 am

Looking for after market

jerry2008
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jerry2008 » September 20th, 2015, 10:32 am

Looking for after market

jerry2008
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jerry2008 » November 23rd, 2015, 5:09 am

Make an offer
ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1448269757.436447.jpg

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 21st, 2016, 5:56 am

Pal...if u now learnig to ride...
It have a 125cc yamaha for sale here for 13k...buy that and practice...then upgrade later on.

Its for your benefit.

Seen an experienced rider crash his 250cc honda and broke every limb on his body a few weeks ago....so just take it easy.

Ruff
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Ruff » January 21st, 2016, 8:38 am

x2

Recommended beginner road bikes that are readily available (in order of my personal preference):
1) Yamaha YBR125/ YBR125G
2) Bajaj Avenger
3) Bajaj Pulsar
4) Honda CGL125
5) Any Chinese 125-250cc (most are powered by a clone of CGL125 motor).

My 2c

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » January 21st, 2016, 12:41 pm

I would disagree slightly. Not everyone has the funds available to buy a bike to learn on, then sell to get the bike they really want. You can kill yourself just as easily on a 125cc if you ride like an idiot! Get the bike you want, ride like you value your life and DO NOT get dragged into the bikes = speed scene.

Just because you have a motorcycle doesn't give you the right to attempt to try and overtake every vehicle you come across on the road.. Most accidents are really caused by riders pushing the limits of their skill and not giving drivers enough time to see them coming.

I have a friend who learned on a 600cc sport bike and he is a great rider! Then KRONIK gives an example of an experienced rider crashing a 250cc. Your safety depends on you!

I learned on a 750cc cruiser, was quite a challenge for me in the beginning because I had zero riding experience before that. Learning on an automatic scooter really does NOT prepare you for riding a real bike. Riding is euphoric, just an amazing experience.. be safe, ride defensively, wear your gear and you will do well. Good luck

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » January 21st, 2016, 1:00 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:Pal...if u now learnig to ride...
It have a 125cc yamaha for sale here for 13k...buy that and practice...then upgrade later on.

Its for your benefit.

Seen an experienced rider crash his 250cc honda and broke every limb on his body a few weeks ago....so just take it easy.

Can you give some details on the crash? Was the rider involved in an accident or was he testing the bike and made a mistake?

kdere
3NE 2NR for life

Postby kdere » January 21st, 2016, 1:24 pm

I disagree with 3stagevtec. Start on a small bike,especially if you're going super sport in the end. Anybody could learn on a cruiser. Not anybody could learn on a super sport. I started on a 750 gsxr and I wish I had started of on a smaller cc bike
At this point I'm in full control of my bike both at slow paces and neck breaking speeds, and I only got to this point from training and training with my team. Country roads and lots of corners. Starting of small isn't about not riding like a fool but learning your bike in its entirety. Learn to corner and make small mistakes without the problems of an over sensitive throttle and ridiculously powerful brakes. No disrespect 3stagevtec but I'm sure your cruiser not as powerful or aggressive as most Supersport bikes. Bikes are an expensive hobby. Everyone knows this. Bikes are fun but the best thing you can do for yourself, better than gears, better than all safety features newer model bikes come with...is to learn to control it completely.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » January 22nd, 2016, 2:00 am

Soak that in as much as possible. Understand as much riding theory as you can, so it will help you understand the physics of riding when you get into it. Pay particular attention to the survival reactions they mention and focus on how to deal with them. In my experience so far, your greatest enemy are those survival reactions..

When you purchase your ride, practice counter steering and get your technique down. Also, learn and understand our roads and how to be safe when sharing the road with others. Be a defensive and smart rider.

I got a brief ride on a 600cc Suzuki GSXR and also a Honda VTX 1800 :-D , each has it's own challenge to ride. Heavy cruisers are a pain for beginners to ride at car park speeds, they are easier to ride at higher speeds than to ride slowly and very easy for you to tip over when coming to a stop on uneven ground.. :evil:

My 750 cruiser is pretty slow when compared to other bikes, but yet it is faster than most cars and more than quick enough to get you in trouble if you are careless. I will maintain it is possible to learn on almost any bike, have seen it happen as mentioned previously, the key is to know your limits and don't rush the learning process. Also, riding with an experienced rider can be of great benefit also.

Just recently I was able to join a local bike group for a ride to Icacos, my very first time riding with others, I learned quite a lot from them, but I also learned that I wasn't so bad myself as well. It's not something I will do often, but I must say I really do enjoy riding too bad.. I've been riding for 1yr 1 month now and still get excited everytime I hit the roads.. lol

rookie
Trinituner Peong

Postby rookie » February 2nd, 2016, 7:01 pm

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » February 3rd, 2016, 3:50 pm

If any of you guys interested in a starter bike my bro got a 180cc Bajaj pulsar for sale. $8,000

He bought it from a friend to learn on but never got it transferred. All paperwork in order though and friend lives 4 streets away so transfer isn't a problem.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » February 17th, 2016, 12:47 pm

Let me save you some time and harassment

http://www.trinituner.com/v3/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=637192&hilit=+splitting

All bikers will tell you that there is no law against lane splitting (hence it is OK), most (not all) non-bikers will tell you that there is no law supporting lane splitting (hence it is not OK)

Most tuners will say that this topic has been beaten to death before, however it's only been beaten to death by the uninformed opinions of tuners on this site (myself included). AFAIK, there is no one on tuner that knows for sure whether lane splitting is legal or not.

However, lane splitting is safer for the biker when done properly and lane splitting reduces the risk of some air cooled bikes overheating. It also give incentive for people to use a motorcycle instead of a car, which contributes a lot less to traffic than a car does.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » February 17th, 2016, 10:41 pm

Last time I read it I didnt see anything regarding extra lights in bikes. It stated that vehicles must havr two headlights but bikes can have one.

However, if police catch you with it and they in a bad mood you will get a ticket if they catch you. I understand the appeal of lights on a bike, I did it already. Most people just switch off the lights when approaching police. If you riding at bike speed there is now way a policce could approach you from behind ;)

If you still concerned about visibility try some reflective tape or decals. Lots of great looking ideas online

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » February 17th, 2016, 11:26 pm

I generally don't split lanes, I prefer to go with the flow rather than trying to squeeze through traffic. In light / medium traffic, I believe it is safer to not split lanes, I do ride in a position where I am most visible to cars from far behind though.

My exceptions are stand still traffic and stopping at any junction where I would be at risk for a rear end collision. I had cut lines in front of licensing officers already and they had no issue with me doing so. If they were to ever pull me over, I have no problem explaining why I did it.

Be careful with the auxiliary lights, some officers will just spoil you day if you get caught and they in the mood to make trouble.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » February 17th, 2016, 11:29 pm

Note that I ride 99.9% of the time in south.. not sure how the north culture is with regards to motorcyclists. I have head stories of how north drivers / officers isn't as forgiving.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 18th, 2016, 5:39 am

3stagevtec wrote:Note that I ride 99.9% of the time in south.. not sure how the north culture is with regards to motorcyclists. I have head stories of how north drivers / officers isn't as forgiving.

Yeah that's up north cyclist (bicycle) are killed, because of road hogs, uncaring drivers.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » February 18th, 2016, 12:49 pm

I used to ride from central to town everyday for work for the past couple years. Once you hit charlieville it's stop and go traffic until you reach whereever your office is in town. It's not possible to ride a bike without splitting lanes for like 95% of the ride.

Once you respectful and have all your documents in order the most the police do is let you off with a warning. If it's a bike officer then just hail them out. They fully understand the pressure of riding in those conditions and wouldn't do you anything unless you riding like an a$$.

Source: Got stopped once cuz I was riding like an a$$. Bike officer just told me to takr my time cuz he was worried I would injure myself. I gladly listened

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”