TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Motorcycle Riders

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kdere
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Motorcycle Riders

Postby kdere » June 17th, 2015, 6:54 am

That's why I said its something of personal choice. I have hit the black carpet at 100/km+ already. In no gears. I've been hit by a car going about 180km. Shocks split in half everything, but needless to say I still wear what I choose to when riding.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » June 17th, 2015, 7:10 am

3stagevtec wrote:Willing to give some more details? Just for knowledge sake.. Did you hit standing water? Release the throttle or braked heavily during the skid? Speed? Hope you walked out of it in one piece though....

First time was the first day I was riding to work in town, first day riding such a long distance alone and it decided to start raining heavily. On my way home I was doing 70 in between traffic that was moving between 50 and 60. Decided tp slow down and get in lane to play it safe but as I went to go in a spot a pickup squeezed in front me and mashed a quick brakes. I used to use only back brakes then to I panic mashed the back and picked up a skid. Entire bike went sideways and pitched me off. Slud about 40 feet with the bike sliding behind me.

Last week I was riding to work and it rained just enough to wet the road so I know it would be super slippery. I decided to ride extremely slow for once. I was going 30 when a guy pulled out in front me (normal thing) so I went to slow down and let him change lanes. But my front tire hit some diesel or something (I don't touch the white line with my front tire when it wet so I know it wasnt that). Anyway, as I touched the front brakes my front wheel washed out and threw thr bike and I on the ground and we went sliding into the back of another car. My foot and leg got stuck under the bike so I dragged me with it.

Both time I had on full gears so the only injury I got was a bruised hip (no padding in the jeans). Well I got whiplash from the crash last week with how hard the bike fell to the side. But it feels ok now.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » June 17th, 2015, 7:12 am

I ride at 200 already with no gears but a helmet. Euphoric feeling until your girl start to get on for you not wearing gears while riding. Kdere you know you on your own for this one :lol:

Fazeer
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Fazeer » June 17th, 2015, 7:20 am

I ride with a few friends that hate gears..thats their choice n i doh bash men for not wearing..its really up to them...all i know it i will get less skin rash than them if we go down...wont prevent broken bones..

Lil riding spot tip for the south riders..they finish repaving the m2 ring road..ting sweet tuh ride on now yes...

Made a nice ride from home sometime last week...took the ring road frm paria suites side, came out debe, hit papouri road, came out inside friendship, rode up friendship/st john came out st madeline, come out in coceyea, then took ah small turn up to cbay flyover and headed back hm..was a nice cool ride...

kdere
3NE 2NR for life

Postby kdere » June 17th, 2015, 11:21 am

Lol. You does get enough abuse from your wife so I understand. I ride my ride in what makes me comfortable, you know this. Brasso and half the team in slippers and wifebeaters. Everybody on my team who rides in this manner has fallen, gotten whiteman and digs and cuts and still ride like this and these are men riding country road like its highway. Full lean, picking up pennies. It's what makes you comfortable.

cacasplat3
punchin NOS

Postby cacasplat3 » June 17th, 2015, 4:43 pm

a couple weekends ago.......the crash left me missing a small patch of skin on my back where the bike fell on me and i had whip lash for a couple days even though i was using a neck brace.

sss
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby sss » June 18th, 2015, 10:01 pm

I feel naked without my jacket once am going out of my area

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » July 7th, 2015, 6:22 am

Anywhere locally can professionally balance a 17" front wheel? I just installed a new tyre (Michelin Commander II) and getting a vibration from the front end.. I know the wheel is misbalanced because I used marine sealant to seal up the spokes so I could run tubeless, I doubt I got the sealant perfectly even on the inside..

cacasplat3
punchin NOS

Postby cacasplat3 » July 7th, 2015, 10:26 am

which sealant you used?
3M 4412N Tape is one of the safest ways to do a tubeless conversion....it has very good flexibility, abrasion and temperature resistance....and it looks neater than most other home made setups.....
its the closest you can get to the KTM Saxxes tubeless setup.
I got a 5 yard roll on amazon for around $40
for me its either that or go with the $1500US Alpina setup....lol

as for the balancing, try Laughlin, or maybe mileage mack. there is a shop in sando that does it for sure, but i don't remember which one....will make a phonecall later and see if i find out....

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » July 7th, 2015, 10:29 am

seems like the rain these days and the bikes are a no no.

seeing myself wanting a bike these days, just for the crusing aspect of it but nobody respects bikes on the road these days.

kdere
3NE 2NR for life

Postby kdere » July 7th, 2015, 10:38 am

Ted_v2 wrote:seems like the rain these days and the bikes are a no no.

seeing myself wanting a bike these days, just for the crusing aspect of it but nobody respects bikes on the road these days.

If you don't ride in the rain you don't ride bro

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » July 7th, 2015, 1:32 pm

cacasplat3 wrote:which sealant you used?
3M 4412N Tape is one of the safest ways to do a tubeless conversion....it has very good flexibility, abrasion and temperature resistance....and it looks neater than most other home made setups.....
its the closest you can get to the KTM Saxxes tubeless setup.
I got a 5 yard roll on amazon for around $40
for me its either that or go with the $1500US Alpina setup....lol

as for the balancing, try Laughlin, or maybe mileage mack. there is a shop in sando that does it for sure, but i don't remember which one....will make a phonecall later and see if i find out....

I called Laughlin, Mileage Mack, Federal & M. Ramrattan.. They didn't have the facilities to balance a motorcycle front tyre.

I used 3M 5200 to do my rear wheel 5 months ago and had no leaks since.

Using disposable gloves, I applied the 5200 and massaged it into the spokes as best I could. I then filled in all the blank spaces in between the spokes. Many of the Honda Cruiser guys go this route with great success.

I suspect that a lighter front tyre will be more susceptible to misbalance and the 3M 4412N tape would be better.. I am going to try balance beads and see if that helps..

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 7th, 2015, 1:55 pm

^^^ Try the Yamaha dealer to balance, Greens

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » July 7th, 2015, 3:55 pm

zoom rader wrote:^^^ Try the Yamaha dealer to balance, Greens

http://www.greenesgeneralcyclett.com/about-us-greenes-general-cycle.html

They have a static balancer.. That will do nicely for me! Thanks!

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » July 7th, 2015, 4:10 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:seems like the rain these days and the bikes are a no no.

I own a Honda Cruiser and got caught in an epic piece of rain this morning at 5am while heading home. I had the choice to pull aside and wait but I chose to ride through it instead. Was able to maintain 80km/h on the highway (Oropouche to Mon Desir) and handle the M2 ring roads with no issues at all. Good tyres and proper riding technique can make for safe wet weather riding.

Also, as long you you respect cars on the road, you would be surprised at how much respect you will receive from them in return. Very rarely I've had cars tail me or try to overtake unsafely.. and outside of some stubborn women drivers, I personally find Trinidad (especially south regions!) is safe for riding.. From what I've heard, north is a totally different experience all together though! lol

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » July 8th, 2015, 7:43 am

The further north you go is the less they care. Worse yet if you ever head up in the east, up there they drive like they never heard of a vehicle on two wheels before. Once you hit that southern highway with no traffic lights from Grand Bazaar come down I find riding is a lot safer and more enjoyable.

+1 on the proper tires though. I need to change mine soon.

kdere
3NE 2NR for life

Postby kdere » July 8th, 2015, 7:58 am

I've come to understand its basically about the common sight of motorcycles from central come down. In chaguanas u can't stand up by the road and you're sure to see a bike every 5 mins. In the east not anything close. So drivers more accustomed with us as a normal part of traffic, so they are more aware.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » July 8th, 2015, 8:52 am

Don't be this guy..

Bet he wishes he had on a riding jacket! lol

cacasplat3
punchin NOS

Postby cacasplat3 » July 8th, 2015, 10:23 am

i lol'ed........what an idiot.....prob a nascar rider, can't turn right...lol

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 8th, 2015, 10:49 am

he real lucky the rest of traffic was well spaced and driving at moderate speeds....on our roads, he would have been run over by six cars doing 120 nose-to-tail :-/

kdere
3NE 2NR for life

Postby kdere » July 8th, 2015, 1:15 pm

Uhm. I really don't understand what happened in that vid. He wasn't leaning at all, his body that is. He came off his gas through the corner. Idk why he would do that, especially seeing that its such a baby corner that also looks fun to power through. Lastly he target fixates on that truck for a ridiculously long time. He had a lot of opportunities to correct his line.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » July 8th, 2015, 2:19 pm

He was probably trying to body steer the bike instead of counter steering it and it didn't work out so well for him.. I'm not so sure he target fixated on the truck because it looked as though he was trying to turn without success.. either way, he was riding too fast for his skill level..

Ruff
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Ruff » July 8th, 2015, 2:35 pm

kdere wrote:In chaguanas u can't stand up by the road and you're sure to see a bike every 5 mins.

What you expect if you stand up by the bike mechanic whole day?
:lol:

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » July 8th, 2015, 3:16 pm

:rofl:
Ruff make you out there boy.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » July 8th, 2015, 3:27 pm

Anyone here interested in a Michelin Commander II 120/90-17 front tyre? It has less than 60miles on it, half of which was ridden on wet roads. Reason for sale is I discovered my front wheel has a bend in it and all Honda alloys come in 18" or larger (which I am looking to upgrade to)..

I did not hit any holes with the tyre, I only discovered the wheel was bent because I rebuilt my front forks and can now feel the vibrations through the handle bars..

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » July 8th, 2015, 3:41 pm

Price?

Ruff
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Ruff » July 8th, 2015, 3:50 pm

3stagevtec wrote:I discovered my front wheel has a bend in it

Can be trued. I think caca can help.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » July 8th, 2015, 4:38 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:Price?

I paid $115usd for it plus shipping to Trini.. would like to get back at least the $115 to put towards purchase of an 18" Michelin..

Ruff wrote:
3stagevtec wrote:I discovered my front wheel has a bend in it

Can be trued. I think caca can help.

Agreed, but it will be an epic PITA to remove that marine sealant to get to the spoke screws.. I am seeing some Honda Alloys on ebay that looks appealing..

kdere
3NE 2NR for life

Postby kdere » July 8th, 2015, 6:10 pm

Ruff wrote:
kdere wrote:In chaguanas u can't stand up by the road and you're sure to see a bike every 5 mins.

What you expect if you stand up by the bike mechanic whole day?
:lol:

Ahahhaha. Idk what you speak off Ruff. BTW I went through the comments and it the poster of the video said the rider is an experienced rider riding atleast 4 years or so and owned the bike for a couple years atleast. So he is just tata then.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » July 8th, 2015, 10:42 pm

Man power steering fluid line must be burst.....:|

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”