TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Motorcycle Riders

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Re: Motorcycle Riders

Postby Slartibartfast » April 17th, 2015, 8:10 am

b!tchy whistling exhaust here. Being this quiet can damn near kill you. I love how it sounds but i need to get a louder exhaust when I get the chance.

Fazeer
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Fazeer » April 17th, 2015, 9:12 am

Yup i agree with having a loud exhaust...it does save you alot..for crazy loud just guts the catalyst and the slip on that = a screamer orrr just go all out straight pipe.. [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

carholics
3NE 2NR for life

Postby carholics » April 17th, 2015, 9:21 am

Ok peps got a baja dirt bike 2 sell
110cc an 4 speed box wrking perfect
call 3921361

Fazeer
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Fazeer » April 17th, 2015, 10:39 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULL7Nmek1Sw[/youtube]

cacasplat3
punchin NOS

Postby cacasplat3 » April 17th, 2015, 11:54 am

the motocross track is in penal, scotts road to be exact. there is the expectation of a nice turnout this sunday.
a thread was posted when the track became operational. directions are in there: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=381022

cacasplat3
punchin NOS

Postby cacasplat3 » April 17th, 2015, 11:54 am

faz, to imbed, you put the part of the link after "v=", in your case ULL7Nmek1Sw between the [youtube] thingies.....

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » April 17th, 2015, 12:05 pm

Looking for a small cheap bike. Could afford like $1000 a month. Don't care how old once it working.

simtech13
Riding on 13's

Postby simtech13 » April 18th, 2015, 1:10 am

Looking for a Honda CBR 600RR 2007 go up to buy anyone know of anyone please let me know please.

Contact number : 1-868-486-7064

rambo88
Street 2NR

Postby rambo88 » April 18th, 2015, 3:25 am

simtech13 wrote:Looking for a Honda CBR 600RR 2007 go up to buy anyone know of anyone please let me know please.

Contact number : 1-868-486-7064
I kno someone wit a 2007 cbr 1000rr if u want

jerry2008
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jerry2008 » April 25th, 2015, 7:32 am

Hey I got a cbr600rr 06 best condition asking 33k
ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1429961573.763319.jpg

Alain_2NR
Sweet on this forum

Postby Alain_2NR » April 25th, 2015, 2:52 pm

Posting for a friend...

FOR SALE

2009 Suzuki GSXR 600
29000km
*quick sale*
$42,000.00 neg

Powercommander5
Full stretch swingarm
(Original swingarm included)
Vortex lightweight 520 conversion
Adjustable shorty levers
Bikemaster grips
GSXR engraved bar ends
WAVE rotors
HiD lights 8000k low 12000k high
APE manual timing chain tensioner
Two Brothers Vale slip on exhaust
Xtreem speed rails
K&N air filter
K&N oil filter
Rascal Grafik tankpad
Stompgrip tank grips
Oil changed every 3000km
Runs Engine Ice coolant

Contact Imran 685-8980

Regards.
Attachments
IMG-20150425-WA0006[1].jpg
IMG-20150425-WA0005[1].jpg
IMG-20150425-WA0004[1].jpg
IMG-20150425-WA0003[1].jpg

Fazeer
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Fazeer » May 2nd, 2015, 7:58 am

You guys heard of Aislinn death? The female biker chick that they dis a news story on just this week.. Sad news.. Can anyone confirm? RIP chick...
Last edited by Fazeer on May 2nd, 2015, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dragist
punchin NOS

Postby Dragist » May 2nd, 2015, 8:02 am

^^^ Yes just heard that was now going to post .

http://www.cnc3.co.tt/sports/female-biker

Keyser Soze
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Keyser Soze » May 2nd, 2015, 8:31 am

no way!!!! awww damn!!! RIP to her

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » May 2nd, 2015, 9:23 am

Wow. Saw that news story.....
What a sad turn if true.

Keyser Soze
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Keyser Soze » May 2nd, 2015, 6:51 pm

Also heard Andy Boatswain from arima had a bad accident in Tobago within the last couple of days.
People be very careful out there on your units.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » May 3rd, 2015, 6:30 am

They should have never allowed her to buy a 600 sport.. she was riding with others and crashed!! That I can't handle..

Keyser Soze
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Keyser Soze » May 3rd, 2015, 7:02 pm

3stagevtec wrote:They should have never allowed her to buy a 600 sport.. she was riding with others and crashed!! That I can't handle..

Sorry bro but I don't agree with you on that.
In the riding game just like life nobody can tell you your capabilities.
It doesn't matter what size unit she was riding once the conditions not optimal.....tiredness, alcohol, tyres, mechanical, bad drive etc ( I don't know what happened and not speculating) what happened was inevitable.
Once you riding long enough you will get into some type of unfortunate situation..... Your fault or not, experience or not, sport bike or scooter. Just gotta accept that.

RIP to her.

1UZFE
punchin NOS

Postby 1UZFE » May 3rd, 2015, 7:39 pm

^^ this...

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » May 3rd, 2015, 8:20 pm

Here's why I disagree.. everything on a sport bike is super sensitive and powerful. I made a bad overtake attempt once, didn't see a car coming when I was trying to pass a truck, pulled out, saw the car and panicked.. slammed on the front brake, but because I have a basic cruiser, I was spared either going head over or locking the front tyre and crashing. If I did that on a sport, like that Honda CBR she had, I would have crashed for sure..

Next example, took a corner too fast a day in Golconda (wasn't paying enough attention, wasn't speeding but was going too fast for my skill level), was able to brake in the turn and slow the bike enough for me to start back counter steering as I should have.. if I was on a sport, chances are I would have entered that corner much faster (because I wasn't focusing on the corner). I had 3 similar incidents, all escaped safely due to the bike I was riding.

I have friends who started out on 600cc sports and they are excellent riders! Can rank quite high in skill level.. but for the average Joe without that high natural talent, that is NOT the way to go! Alex Atherton died just recently, sport bike, was a careful learner from messages he sent before his accident, made one mistake and that's it..

A 100lb female.. enthusiastic rider, family of bikers, knows the dangers of riding, one mistake, cost her life.. Smaller, slower bikes are much more forgiving! A lot of new riders know the dangers of speed, alcohol, traffic etc.. they just need to be given safe time to learn before jumping on the fast stuff. I am pretty sure I would have crashed by now if I was learning on a sport, especially with those big brakes they have. Plus, the temptation to speed it too great.

I will stand by this advice and recommend it for all. Riding is a beautiful thing, but there are ways to get into it safely.. (same can be said for cars, give a teenager a GTR to play with and see what happens)

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » May 3rd, 2015, 8:37 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:
3stagevtec wrote:They should have never allowed her to buy a 600 sport.. she was riding with others and crashed!! That I can't handle..

Sorry bro but I don't agree with you on that.
In the riding game just like life nobody can tell you your capabilities.
It doesn't matter what size unit she was riding once the conditions not optimal.....tiredness, alcohol, tyres, mechanical, bad drive etc ( I don't know what happened and not speculating) what happened was inevitable.
Once you riding long enough you will get into some type of unfortunate situation..... Your fault or not, experience or not, sport bike or scooter. Just gotta accept that.

RIP to her.

I know riders from America (through bike forums) who ride for decades without accidents. The most those old guys ever did was tip over in their garage. Others who had crashes were either wet road related or mechanical, and those are preventable to a point.

I even spoke with two men locally in their 60's who ride daily with no accidents in the past 20yrs each.. but of course, they ride old classic cruisers. I know older sport bike riders who ride like teenagers, can eat traffic up, do wheelies, the works, and those guys defy the odds considering how they ride.

Once you know how to maintain a certain level of road awareness and practice defensive riding, odds are, you will be safe on the road. I not ruling out freak accidents, but these cases we read about are NOT freak accidents.. they are novice riders in way over their heads.

I've blown off enough steam for now... as you were..

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » May 3rd, 2015, 10:12 pm

3stagevtec wrote: Smaller, slower bikes are much more forgiving!....

now if I was learning on a sport, especially with those big brakes they have. Plus, the temptation to speed it too great.

Cannot stress these two enough. Almost all bikers crash at least once. Better to have your first crash on a small bike. I crashed on a Chinese 250cc the first day i rode to work.

Now with a 600 most times I dont even realise when I cross 200. The perception of speed is completly different. Also, like I was telling a friend, once you cross 200 on a bike, you cannot get that bike to lean to make it corner. You HAVE to countersteer to get your bike down.

Sadly, one of my pardners was teaching that to her. If she was in that situation a month from now she most likely would have had the skills to avoid an accident cuz her skills were progressing consistently.

Keyser Soze
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Keyser Soze » May 3rd, 2015, 11:08 pm

not here to argue, just here to state my experience.
been riding legally since 25, i'm 41 now. My brother apart from riding casually is also a motorcycle police officer. riding is our life.
your experiences above says nothing negative about the bike you were riding, it actually says more about your riding skill. Your reference to the riders in the US really bears no relevance here.... they ride and drive totally different to us here bro. bought a busa in DC about 3 years ago and rode it there for a month before bringing back here. almost got ticketed about 3 times.
sport bikes and cruisers were meant to be rode differently... the names alone tell the story. Riding is up to you.... the rider. if you make a mistake it's not the machine's fault or your choice of machine. She's been riding that 600 for about a year as far as i'm told....at what point then is she deemed qualified to ride a bike of that cc then?
it sounds apparent that she made a mistake negotiating the turn off to Freeport.... incorrect entry speed, overshooting the turn off, bad drive, who knows. i've seen it happen to experienced and inexperienced riders and as stated before once the conditions are not ideal the risk is higher.
Once you are putting frequent mileage on your unit you are then putting yourself frequently in the path of drivers who dont see you coming, who simply don't care, diesel spills etc so inevitably something will go wrong...
my less than 2 cents.

Keyser Soze
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Keyser Soze » May 3rd, 2015, 11:18 pm

ohh and all that facebook talk of the people she was riding with leaving her to die blah blah blah sounds more like they didnt actually know the accident happened.
True bikers dont operate like that.
Again i wasnt there and i'm only speculating but from my years of riding with different bike teams from all over i've never seen a bike team willingly leave a downed rider anywhere.

1kingmed
Street 2NR

Postby 1kingmed » May 4th, 2015, 7:35 am

Keyser Soze well said. Ride In Peace Aislinn from one rider to another. That entire "media related story" with the other bikers riding off and leaving her to die smells a bit iffy cause in My years of riding i have never seen a bike team operate in that manner. "A Biker Never Leaves Another Biker Down."

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » May 4th, 2015, 9:27 am

Any links to that story? That's messed up.. I know biker never move so..

cacasplat3
punchin NOS

Postby cacasplat3 » May 4th, 2015, 9:46 am

that's the risk in being the last one in a group......the one who is second from the end needs to do a shoulder check ever so often, cuz if the last one gets into any difficulty, 9 times out of 10 the others won't know.

i never met or saw her and its a pity she's gone

there is also a risk of exceeding your limits when riding with people who are more experienced......not saying that they were riding hard or anything, its that an experienced rider may be relaxed and comfortable just cruising at 100, but a novice just keeping up at that speed would be near or above their comfort and/or experience limit. experienced riders need to bear that in mind when riding with the new ones.
when i started riding and even still, i ride where i'm comfortable.....if the faster ones need to stop so i can catch up, i just look at it as a breather for them.....

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » May 4th, 2015, 10:27 am

I am not a biker and I know that story is BS. Steups

1kingmed
Street 2NR

Postby 1kingmed » May 4th, 2015, 12:36 pm

Gentlemen and Ladies let be our brothers keeper whether riding, driving or foot patrol. Show a little love folks. If you want to reach a higher level in life lift another person up!!!

cacasplat3
punchin NOS

Postby cacasplat3 » May 15th, 2015, 10:44 pm

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”