TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
Capleton
Street 2NR
Posts: 82
Joined: April 12th, 2017, 11:38 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Capleton » November 17th, 2020, 1:25 pm

j.o.e wrote:
agent007 wrote:Currently, one bank has a new vehicle loan special with a rate of 3.99% and a term of up to 8 years and no down payment required.

So the 2 cheapest brand new cars right now is a toss between the Toyota Agya 1.0 and the Hyundai Atos 1.0 where both can be had for as little as $115k. Next contender is the Chevy Spark 1.4 currently priced at $120k.

So what this means is, for $1,402. a month for the next 8 years, you can walk away with a brand new Toyota in time for Christmas!

According to the 40% total debt service ratio rule, if your salary is as low as $3,600. monthly, then you are qualified (once you have no other loans of course) and can produce 2 forms of valid ID, a job letter showing that you’re permanently employed for a min. of 2 years), a recent pay slip and a utility bill in your name.


Trinis have to much false pride to buy those small cars and will continue to buy more car than they need


The Agya is probably the most basic out of the lot, the Atos actually has some little features like rear ac vents, reverse camera and parking sensors that come standard (but you still get steel wheels). The Spark for $5,000 more not that bad, you get 4 airbags, alloy wheels, android auto/apple carplay and about 20hp-30hp more.

User avatar
scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1797
Joined: October 23rd, 2005, 4:21 pm
Location: Point Of No Return
Contact:

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby scotty_buttons » November 17th, 2020, 3:17 pm

Capleton wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
agent007 wrote:Currently, one bank has a new vehicle loan special with a rate of 3.99% and a term of up to 8 years and no down payment required.

So the 2 cheapest brand new cars right now is a toss between the Toyota Agya 1.0 and the Hyundai Atos 1.0 where both can be had for as little as $115k. Next contender is the Chevy Spark 1.4 currently priced at $120k.

So what this means is, for $1,402. a month for the next 8 years, you can walk away with a brand new Toyota in time for Christmas!

According to the 40% total debt service ratio rule, if your salary is as low as $3,600. monthly, then you are qualified (once you have no other loans of course) and can produce 2 forms of valid ID, a job letter showing that you’re permanently employed for a min. of 2 years), a recent pay slip and a utility bill in your name.


Trinis have to much false pride to buy those small cars and will continue to buy more car than they need


The Agya is probably the most basic out of the lot, the Atos actually has some little features like rear ac vents, reverse camera and parking sensors that come standard (but you still get steel wheels). The Spark for $5,000 more not that bad, you get 4 airbags, alloy wheels, android auto/apple carplay and about 20hp-30hp more.

That’s pretty impressive for the little Spark. I bet you don’t get half of those features with a Corolla.

SLVR1
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 177
Joined: April 17th, 2018, 12:04 pm

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby SLVR1 » November 17th, 2020, 6:42 pm

^^ tbh I have always found TTTL to be lacking in features etc. when it comes to their vehicles compared to Honda and some others. That is why I have always passed them over despite the Toyota reputation for reliability.

User avatar
Capleton
Street 2NR
Posts: 82
Joined: April 12th, 2017, 11:38 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Capleton » November 18th, 2020, 11:28 am

scotty_buttons wrote:
Capleton wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
agent007 wrote:Currently, one bank has a new vehicle loan special with a rate of 3.99% and a term of up to 8 years and no down payment required.

So the 2 cheapest brand new cars right now is a toss between the Toyota Agya 1.0 and the Hyundai Atos 1.0 where both can be had for as little as $115k. Next contender is the Chevy Spark 1.4 currently priced at $120k.

So what this means is, for $1,402. a month for the next 8 years, you can walk away with a brand new Toyota in time for Christmas!

According to the 40% total debt service ratio rule, if your salary is as low as $3,600. monthly, then you are qualified (once you have no other loans of course) and can produce 2 forms of valid ID, a job letter showing that you’re permanently employed for a min. of 2 years), a recent pay slip and a utility bill in your name.


Trinis have to much false pride to buy those small cars and will continue to buy more car than they need


The Agya is probably the most basic out of the lot, the Atos actually has some little features like rear ac vents, reverse camera and parking sensors that come standard (but you still get steel wheels). The Spark for $5,000 more not that bad, you get 4 airbags, alloy wheels, android auto/apple carplay and about 20hp-30hp more.

That’s pretty impressive for the little Spark. I bet you don’t get half of those features with a Corolla.


One more car that borders on this "A-Mini" segment is the Suzuki DZire. The GL version starts from $125,000. It's basically a Swift in Sedan form. Same 1.2L engine, however, it gives up the CVT transmission for a very quirky AMT tranny. You can bang in gears minus a clutch pedal. Even when driving in auto mode you feel the gears engage and disengage like a manual tranny.

User avatar
agent007
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1717
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby agent007 » November 18th, 2020, 11:55 am

Is it jerky or clunky like a DCT?

User avatar
Pirate
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 958
Joined: February 26th, 2008, 2:12 pm
Location: All bout d place...i probably lost!!!

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Pirate » November 18th, 2020, 12:39 pm

Another price update for the front page:

Audi Q5 2.0LTFSI Comfort Package - $535,000

Audi Q5 2.0LTFSI Design Package - $580,000
The Design Package adds:
20" Rims, Ambient Lighting, Matrix LED Headlights, Rear Air bags, 3 Zone A/C, Bang & Olufsen Sound System among some other small additions.
Last edited by Pirate on November 18th, 2020, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
agent007
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1717
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby agent007 » November 18th, 2020, 3:20 pm

^^^^A4 Q5?

User avatar
Pirate
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 958
Joined: February 26th, 2008, 2:12 pm
Location: All bout d place...i probably lost!!!

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Pirate » November 18th, 2020, 3:22 pm

Typo.
Was supposed to be just Q5

User avatar
Capleton
Street 2NR
Posts: 82
Joined: April 12th, 2017, 11:38 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Capleton » November 18th, 2020, 3:51 pm

agent007 wrote:Is it jerky or clunky like a DCT?


When driving in manual mode, it's actually much smoother, since you would be anticipating the gear change. In auto mode, it's not really jerky, but I guess clunky is a better word to describe it, maybe even quirky!

User avatar
aaron17
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2279
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby aaron17 » November 18th, 2020, 6:47 pm

Small cars are worst in car accidents.

User avatar
aaron17
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2279
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby aaron17 » November 18th, 2020, 7:26 pm

SLVR1 wrote:^^ tbh I have always found TTTL to be lacking in features etc. when it comes to their vehicles compared to Honda and some others. That is why I have always passed them over despite the Toyota reputation for reliability.
Less features= less things to break hence more reliable.

User avatar
A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6255
Joined: August 11th, 2008, 3:48 pm

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby A172 » November 18th, 2020, 10:32 pm

brand new 2020 G20 MSport
PXL_20201118_191133354.jpeg
PXL_20201118_173246873.jpeg
PXL_20201118_215156717.jpeg
PXL_20201118_190932069.jpeg

Gladiator
punchin NOS
Posts: 2720
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 9:43 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Gladiator » November 19th, 2020, 9:23 pm

A172 wrote:brand new 2020 G20 MSport
PXL_20201118_190932069.jpegPXL_20201118_215156717.jpegPXL_20201118_173246873.jpegPXL_20201118_191133354.jpeg


What's the retail on this?

User avatar
A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6255
Joined: August 11th, 2008, 3:48 pm

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby A172 » November 20th, 2020, 3:32 pm

Gladiator wrote:
A172 wrote:brand new 2020 G20 MSport
PXL_20201118_190932069.jpegPXL_20201118_215156717.jpegPXL_20201118_173246873.jpegPXL_20201118_191133354.jpeg


What's the retail on this?


https://www.facebook.com/rvitrinidad/po ... 6157653747

Gladiator
punchin NOS
Posts: 2720
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 9:43 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Gladiator » November 20th, 2020, 9:39 pm

A172 wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
A172 wrote:brand new 2020 G20 MSport
PXL_20201118_190932069.jpegPXL_20201118_215156717.jpegPXL_20201118_173246873.jpegPXL_20201118_191133354.jpeg


What's the retail on this?


https://www.facebook.com/rvitrinidad/po ... 6157653747


Thanks....

User avatar
Pirate
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 958
Joined: February 26th, 2008, 2:12 pm
Location: All bout d place...i probably lost!!!

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Pirate » November 22nd, 2020, 1:43 pm

Edit.
Last edited by Pirate on November 22nd, 2020, 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gladiator
punchin NOS
Posts: 2720
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 9:43 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Gladiator » November 22nd, 2020, 10:15 pm

So what's the deal with those BMW X5s. Do they all give trouble once is diesel? I see quite a few second hand ones at reasonable prices.... is it worth the buy?

User avatar
agent007
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1717
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby agent007 » November 22nd, 2020, 11:26 pm

Can't speak too much about those new Q5s but in terms of a used diesel X5, I would say, permanently social distance yourself from that vehicle.

User avatar
Capleton
Street 2NR
Posts: 82
Joined: April 12th, 2017, 11:38 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Capleton » November 23rd, 2020, 9:31 am

agent007 wrote:Can't speak too much about those new Q5s but in terms of a used diesel X5, I would say, permanently social distance yourself from that vehicle.


I do concur, run as far as you can and stay there. Well unless your plan is the replace the engine and tranny with that of an SR or QG....lol

Gladiator
punchin NOS
Posts: 2720
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 9:43 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Gladiator » November 23rd, 2020, 8:55 pm

Capleton wrote:
agent007 wrote:Can't speak too much about those new Q5s but in terms of a used diesel X5, I would say, permanently social distance yourself from that vehicle.


I do concur, run as far as you can and stay there. Well unless your plan is the replace the engine and tranny with that of an SR or QG....lol


Thanks for that bit of advice ...

User avatar
Pirate
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 958
Joined: February 26th, 2008, 2:12 pm
Location: All bout d place...i probably lost!!!

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Pirate » November 23rd, 2020, 9:18 pm

Edit
Last edited by Pirate on November 23rd, 2020, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

randolphinshan
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1279
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 12:08 pm

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby randolphinshan » November 24th, 2020, 7:33 am

Pirate wrote:
Pirate wrote:Hey guys. Looking for some feedback on a 2018 - 2019 Audi Q5:

Anyone has feedback on the transmission (7-speed DSG units) , Everything resolved from earlier issues?
Any bad down shifting feel when in traffic or slowing down at a stoplight?
AirCon issues with these models sorted as well?
Anything additional to look out for maintenance wise?
Thanks!
?


Bhai is trouble you want owa ? It seems you want to spend more times in a mechanic shop than driving on the roads. These cars are not known for high reliability and even the dealers seem to focus on new car sales rather than parts and service.

If you want to buy it buy it NEW and sell after a few years. Look if you want to buy something used buy a good B14 and done yea.

User avatar
scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1797
Joined: October 23rd, 2005, 4:21 pm
Location: Point Of No Return
Contact:

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby scotty_buttons » November 24th, 2020, 9:36 pm

randolphinshan wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Pirate wrote:Hey guys. Looking for some feedback on a 2018 - 2019 Audi Q5:

Anyone has feedback on the transmission (7-speed DSG units) , Everything resolved from earlier issues?
Any bad down shifting feel when in traffic or slowing down at a stoplight?
AirCon issues with these models sorted as well?
Anything additional to look out for maintenance wise?
Thanks!
?


Bhai is trouble you want owa ? It seems you want to spend more times in a mechanic shop than driving on the roads. These cars are not known for high reliability and even the dealers seem to focus on new car sales rather than parts and service.

If you want to buy it buy it NEW and sell after a few years. Look if you want to buy something used buy a good B14 and done yea.

Believe it or not, b14 parts hard to come by these days too

User avatar
agent007
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1717
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby agent007 » November 25th, 2020, 1:49 am

Pirate wrote:
Pirate wrote:Hey guys. Looking for some feedback on a 2018 - 2019 Audi Q5:

Anyone has feedback on the transmission (7-speed DSG units) , Everything resolved from earlier issues?
Any bad down shifting feel when in traffic or slowing down at a stoplight?
AirCon issues with these models sorted as well?
Anything additional to look out for maintenance wise?
Thanks!
?


If the Q5 DSG is anything like the Skoda Yeti DSG then consider the following advice in the picture:
IMG_2889.JPG


Your saving grace with the Q5 is, I think it’s a wet clutch and not a dry. What does this mean for you? You probably get an additional year before it goes bezerk on you.

My automotive motto is, “stay from from diesel (except trucks and pickups) and stay far from anything dual clutch”. Good luck!

User avatar
scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1797
Joined: October 23rd, 2005, 4:21 pm
Location: Point Of No Return
Contact:

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby scotty_buttons » November 25th, 2020, 6:35 am

So far late 2018 Audi A5 B9 with wet clutch DSG, no issues.
Daily driver but hardly in any traffic.
I like this transmission a lot. My second favourite only to the ZF in BMWs.

User avatar
agent007
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1717
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby agent007 » November 25th, 2020, 11:14 am

scotty_buttons wrote:So far late 2018 Audi A5 B9 with wet clutch DSG, no issues.
Daily driver but hardly in any traffic.
I like this transmission a lot. My second favourite only to the ZF in BMWs.


The vibe I get from you is, you’re the kind of guy that, if you sense anything off with your car, you will attempt to get right into the issue and do whatever it takes to mitigate any further risks.

Then we have the posers who get into those type of vehicles and they can’t afford to do the necessaries and then blame euros on a whole under the label of unreliability. Now we know very well, some euros are just plain money pits but I hope you get my point.

I think once your wet clutch has the mineral oil and software update, it would last many years trouble-free, especially with highway miles.

Tucson DCT owners though, all I can say is, when the used car market has them bountifully as used options, I say to those owners, may you all get the necessary luck to tief up somebody head who is non the wiser and palm off your troubles. In this Information Age we’re living in, it means that those vehicles would be tough to sell because you can’t fool people so easy anymore unless they truly dotish.

User avatar
scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1797
Joined: October 23rd, 2005, 4:21 pm
Location: Point Of No Return
Contact:

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby scotty_buttons » November 27th, 2020, 3:36 pm

agent007 wrote:
scotty_buttons wrote:So far late 2018 Audi A5 B9 with wet clutch DSG, no issues.
Daily driver but hardly in any traffic.
I like this transmission a lot. My second favourite only to the ZF in BMWs.


The vibe I get from you is, you’re the kind of guy that, if you sense anything off with your car, you will attempt to get right into the issue and do whatever it takes to mitigate any further risks.

Then we have the posers who get into those type of vehicles and they can’t afford to do the necessaries and then blame euros on a whole under the label of unreliability. Now we know very well, some euros are just plain money pits but I hope you get my point.

I think once your wet clutch has the mineral oil and software update, it would last many years trouble-free, especially with highway miles.

Tucson DCT owners though, all I can say is, when the used car market has them bountifully as used options, I say to those owners, may you all get the necessary luck to tief up somebody head who is non the wiser and palm off your troubles. In this Information Age we’re living in, it means that those vehicles would be tough to sell because you can’t fool people so easy anymore unless they truly dotish.

Dais me self. I can’t stand driving a car and some little thing wrong/off. Need to have everything working in good order. Kinda OCD when it comes to vehicles.
This wet DSG (DL382/DL501) is an updated one from the previous models; so hoping those issues sorted out.

16 cycles
punchin NOS
Posts: 4852
Joined: May 10th, 2003, 9:25 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby 16 cycles » November 28th, 2020, 7:36 am

DQ200 is a seven speed transverse DSG with a dry clutch pack used in all five brands. The gearbox code in the diagnostic log shows 0AM and or 0CW. This gearbox does not have a service requirement as it is sealed for life. It's fittted to 1.0 litre to 1.8 litre petrol and diesel engines and has a torque capacity of 250Nm. Very high failure rate.

DQ400 is a six speed transverse DSG with a wet clutch pack and is used in the Volkswagen Golf Hybrid and Passat GTE and also Audi A3 e-tron. The gearbox code in the diagnostic log shows 0DD. It also has a service requirement of 40,000 miles. Generally reliable.

DQ250 is a six speed transverse DSG with a wet clutch pack. The gearbox code in the diagnostic log shows 02E and or 0D9. This also has a service requirement of 40,000 miles and a torque capacity 350Nm. Fitted to 2.0 litre petrol and diesel engines. Generally reliable.

DQ381 is a seven speed transverse DSG with a wet clutch pack and torque capacity of 420-430Nm. Fitted to 2.0 TSI petrol engines. Generally reliable.

DQ500 is a seven speed transverse DSG with a wet clutch pack and a torque capacity of 600Nm, mainly used in the Volkswagen Tiguan and Audi Q3. It can also be found in the Transporter T5. The gearbox code in the diagnostic log shows 0BH and or 0BT. This also has a service requirement of 40,000 miles. Fitted to 2.0 litre 4-cylinder petrol and diesel engines and 2.5 litre 5-cylinder petrol engines. Generally reliable.

DQ511 is a ten speed transverse DSG with a wet clutch pack and a torque capacity of 550Nm.

DL382 is a seven speed longitudinal DSG with a wet clutch pack and a torque capacity of 400Nm, used in front wheel drive Audi A4, A5 and A6. Can have problems.

DL501 is a seven speed longitudinal DSG with a wet clutch pack and a torque capacity of 600Nm, used in Quattro four wheel drive Audi A5, A6, A7 and A8 plus the Porsche Macan. Can have problems.


reliability of VAG transmissions...

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answ ... olkswagen-

Danielcapse
Riding on 13's
Posts: 3
Joined: September 28th, 2020, 7:45 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

-

Postby Danielcapse » November 28th, 2020, 7:42 am

Hi all, new to the site and new to the Nissan patrol. I have just brought to 2017 Patrol Ti. Wondering if anyone has fitted a UHF to theirs? Im sure there is probably already a thread but I cant find one.

User avatar
agent007
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1717
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby agent007 » November 28th, 2020, 11:40 am

Hey welcome, are you from down under or you imported one into TT? Is the Ti a 5.6? Sorry for the questions, you dont get to communicate with someone with a Patrol very often lol

Concerning the antenna, there was a discussion on CB radio here a while back but if you want details on same, you can reach out to REACT directly.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests