TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kkallicharan
Street 2NR

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby kkallicharan » February 26th, 2021, 9:54 am

agent007 wrote::shock: Dude....900 yuh say dey yunno. Well this changes things greatly for a lurker. Good info!

I bought a Honda City for work in December. I'm doing just over 6000km now. Besides the full tank of petrol I received with the car, I have filled petrol twice after. It's currently still full. it only uses petrol upon startup. after that it stays in CNG mode, even in power-demanding situations. I easily reached 170km/h in CNG. Common issue I hear about with CNG kits is that power loss you feel when swiching from petrol to CNG. I can barely feel any difference when the car automatically switches a which is usually a minute or two just after startup. I try to keep CNG filled as much as possible so I'm averaging around $100/1000km once I have CNG in tank at at least 90% of time. When I was considering the options, the Niro, Ioniq couldn't come close to that savings for my specific situation.

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » February 26th, 2021, 10:18 am

agent007 wrote:Well it’s a bit dated now, more so the interior so yeah I agree. To me, the selling point for that STi is the SAWD system paired with the boxer engine for lower center of gravity, sharp turn in response and of course 0 torque steer. If I had 300hp to play with on T&T’s roads, I would prefer power sent to all 4 wheels as opposed to 2. But those CTR’s are truly insane.

Scotty, check tcfs, senor concrete selling his rs at a bargain price. Surprised it ain’t gone yet. That’s if you gentlemen are into Ford lol.
AWD was the reason I wanted the STi but the more reviews I read on the CTR the wizardry honda did there is no torque steer with even more power than the STi which is why it's highly praised and well it already has records@ the 'ring

Pulled the trigger on a 2020 CTR so we'll see how it goes

A172

Postby A172 » February 26th, 2021, 10:19 am

scotty_buttons wrote:
A172 wrote:
agent007 wrote:A172, this is for you:

2020 STi with EJ25T and Recaro leather seats. $700k
IMG_3312.JPG
Going with the CTR bro

Saw a same white PDZ Sti yesterday and tbh it just looked like a regular impreza, it really looks outdated af now

CTR is much more modern & faster than the STi

408664030.jpeg

Ahhh boy

You and I really have similar tastes.

Eyeing one of these in the hopefully not so far future as well. I know some ppl don’t fancy how it looks though.
Either the CTR or maybe Yaris GR.

Agreed. This generation sti looks basic and not as fun to drive
yeah i never liked how the CTR looked but all i ever saw was white which ugly af but then i saw a black and fell in love lol

feeldavibe
Street 2NR

Postby feeldavibe » February 26th, 2021, 10:42 am

Hey guys,

Might be looking at a new van in the next couple of months. What's everyone's take on the best van now? Good balance of features and performance. I'd need Apple CarPlay. NP300 vs Ranger vs Colorado. New BT50 coming anytime soon etc.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » February 26th, 2021, 11:52 am

feeldavibe wrote:Hey guys,

Might be looking at a new van in the next couple of months. What's everyone's take on the best van now? Good balance of features and performance. I'd need Apple CarPlay. NP300 vs Ranger vs Colorado. New BT50 coming anytime soon etc.

New DMAX coming out in April...

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » February 27th, 2021, 4:08 pm

Which new cars are being brought in with safety features like lane assist, front collision detection and fully adaptive cruise control for the heavy traffic?

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » February 27th, 2021, 11:28 pm

triniboi49 wrote:Which new cars are being brought in with safety features like lane assist, front collision detection and fully adaptive cruise control for the heavy traffic?

I only see those features in the Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rovers and some Vezels

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » February 28th, 2021, 11:02 am

I did check BMW - They said it depends on the “radar” system and was not available in our region.

Anyone know what you get with that Subaru iSight?

A172

Postby A172 » February 28th, 2021, 11:22 am

don't understand why our region can't get radar

all the features of the driving assist pro work in my G20 on our roads

4Motion
3NE 2NR for life

Postby 4Motion » February 28th, 2021, 7:23 pm

triniboi49 wrote:I did check BMW - They said it depends on the “radar” system and was not available in our region.

Anyone know what you get with that Subaru iSight?

iSight is available on higher spec Subarus

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 28th, 2021, 11:21 pm

@ snypaz and kalicharan, I’m impressed with your range!

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 28th, 2021, 11:22 pm

A172 wrote:
agent007 wrote:Well it’s a bit dated now, more so the interior so yeah I agree. To me, the selling point for that STi is the SAWD system paired with the boxer engine for lower center of gravity, sharp turn in response and of course 0 torque steer. If I had 300hp to play with on T&T’s roads, I would prefer power sent to all 4 wheels as opposed to 2. But those CTR’s are truly insane.

Scotty, check tcfs, senor concrete selling his rs at a bargain price. Surprised it ain’t gone yet. That’s if you gentlemen are into Ford lol.
AWD was the reason I wanted the STi but the more reviews I read on the CTR the wizardry honda did there is no torque steer with even more power than the STi which is why it's highly praised and well it already has records@ the 'ring

Pulled the trigger on a 2020 CTR so we'll see how it goes

You probably done have a hondata tune ordered already ent :D

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 28th, 2021, 11:28 pm

If you have HT then Ranger it is. If not, perhaps the Colorado. If you want feats and performance, the Colorado has that checked as well. I would say wait for the new D-max, where your van would get serviced at the brand new state of the art service center SS just opened up.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » February 28th, 2021, 11:50 pm

A172 wrote:don't understand why our region can't get radar

Did you purchase from Lafast?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 28th, 2021, 11:50 pm

triniboi49 wrote:Which new cars are being brought in with safety features like lane assist, front collision detection and fully adaptive cruise control for the heavy traffic?

Blind Spot Detection
Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Lane Departure Warning
Lane Keep Assist
Forward Collision Alert
Autonomous Emergency Braking
Reverse Automatic Braking
Door Open Delay
Back seat passenger reminder
Pedestrian Alert
Heads Up Display
Traffic Sign Recognition
Adaptive Cruise Control
Front and rear park assist
Etc

Based on the above, sadly, not many vehicles sold locally encapsulates all of the above (this includes premium vehicles as well) and there’s more that I did not mention. For non premium vehicles, here is a short list that encapsulates 1 or more of what was indicated above:

Toyota Land Cruiser Prado VX-L (has Blind Spot etc)
Honda CR-V RVSi (has Honda sensing and lane watch)
Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross GLX and GLS (has blind spot, rear cross traffic, collision mitigation and alert, ultrasonic mis acceleration)
Mazda CX-5 (lane departure and keep, forward collision alert)
Subaru XV 1.6i-S and 2.0i-S with EyeSight (which includes several from the above list)
Subaru Forester 2.0i-S EyeSight (as above)
Subaru Outback 2.5i-S EyeSight (as above)
Hyundai Creta, Elantra, Sonata, Santa Fe (some of these have blind spot and rear cross traffic years now)
Kia Cerato, Niro, Optima, Sorento (like the Hyundai’s, many Kia’s also came with the same tech)
Chevrolet Equinox (in addition to blind spot and rear cross traffic, this one has back seat passenger reminder iirc)
Chevrolet Colorado (I know it has a few, I just can’t remember which ones)
2020 Mitsubishi L200 Sportero (has the feats similar, or maybe more than the Eclipse Cross)
Volkswagen Tiguan has some too.

Some might be asking, what is this back seat passenger reminder thing? Well, if the vehicle senses an occupant in the back seat and you stop your vehicle and engage park and exit. You will hear some horn alerts which should spook you enough to go check on what’s up or rather, what’s back there.

The door open delay thing is pretty cool. Let’s say you pull up at the curb and preparing to exit the vehicle, if sensors detect a pedestrian walking or a cyclist etc, it will delay the opening of your door so that you don’t inadvertently knock over the person.

Visit the dealers and see what you can get based on your likes and budget. To me, EyeSight has proven its superiority in many tests, and that is worth checking out.

A172

Postby A172 » March 1st, 2021, 12:01 am

Gladiator wrote:
A172 wrote:don't understand why our region can't get radar

Did you purchase from Lafast?
nah

feeldavibe
Street 2NR

Postby feeldavibe » March 1st, 2021, 12:59 pm

agent007 wrote:

If you have HT then Ranger it is. If not, perhaps the Colorado. If you want feats and performance, the Colorado has that checked as well. I would say wait for the new D-max, where your van would get serviced at the brand new state of the art service center SS just opened up.

What's HT?

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » March 1st, 2021, 1:16 pm

feeldavibe wrote:
agent007 wrote:

What's HT?

Heavy-T Permit.

Agent, glad to see to see you back. The Ford is at the top of your list? I've heard numerous complaints about them..care to explain why you'd pick it over the Nissan, Toyota or any of it's other counterparts?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » March 1st, 2021, 4:42 pm

I did a first hand review on all on the market before my purchase last year. It's a couple of pages back and may give you a little insight on purchase.

6 months in, and the np300 has no downsides for me and has worked it's way to being the home favorite vehicle to drive over the bt50/ranger by a longshot

Take a read below.

nick639v2 wrote:
I am still unbiased in my purchase although many may think I only listing positives. I will call it out on any shortcomings because there's at least one of the latest model (except the vw and Colorado) of local dealer pick-ups present in the family. I ain't fighting any fans of a certain brand.

This is MY experience :

-Handles way better, turning circle caught me off guard as to how much improvement there is then the d40.

-Brakes aren't as *harsh* as the d40, but I feel there is more input needed to slow down in the np300. Best brakes by a landslide is the Srv, it's very assuring.

-Definitely shifts smoother than the d40, the gear ratios are muchh nicer with the same engine. Doesn't have that 'slingshot' feel as the 2018 bt50 and 2020 XLT. Cruising around 100 is effortless.

-Build quality is vastly improved, to me inside feels very suv/car like, what I despise is the chrome around the gear selector and smaller steering wheel.. Good amount of soft bits without nagging squeaky plastics like the d40 and '18 bt50. Cabin is not as quiet as the ford/BT, it's on par with srv.

-Comfort in the front is nice, I like the driving position and seat size , I'm extremely happy with fabric over leather, for some reason the Bt50 and Ranger leather seats hurts my back on long trips..The rear is a bit smaller than the previous vehicles. Although smaller, it isn't flat and bare, very comfortable still over the d40 seats but not as roomy and supportive as the BT, SRV and Ranger.

- Infotainment (Nissan connect), miles ahead of the SRV and bt50. Comes Carplay, android audio standard. It's slightly behind the sync3 system on the new XLT for customisation but it's faster and more sensitive so that's a plus.

-Fuel consumption, I got 650kms on the first tank from the firm, the second fill put the range meter to 815km, my avg fuel consumption lands me dead on 550km with 1/4 tank to spare. d40 that averaged 650k F-E . Bt50 gives a ritual 600km with 1/4 left

-The ride, I love it soooo much over the all i drove .very very comfortable on the 18s, and a hell of alot less body roll than the bt50/ranger. It feels very controlled on windy roads, stock Toyo tyres are quiet too. Srv Hilux felt the worse to me of the bunch.

-Powerful I don't know for sure yet haven't given it much pressure over the speed limit or towed anything, but throttle reponse is very responsive compared to the SRV. And God help that BT50/Ranger slingshot feel, this is much more linear.
Note this is the higher spec LE/Xgear, it has a different tune with more hp than the XE that many complained about a lazy throttle.

- Oh it makes lovely turbo flutter noises when it shifts just right, I like that.

- I left out the work Dmax from all comparisons because it's the extremely base manual spec.

- yes it does have a diff locker which they lacked previously , I did not try any 4wd and locked up runs just yet.

6month update:

-Did some real proper rock trails to my uncle cabin in caura, man that rear locker is no joke, it changes everything, even on 3 wheels in the ruts the van was as sturdy and controlled as ever.

- Everything still stands strong in my review, I decided to do my servicing myself and will keep all records because massy is insistent on their half ass checks.

- Oil and filters per service is no more than $1300, I'm using motul 10w-40, did it in my 350k d40 and this van it'll be done the same

- My one gripe, do not let massy quick detail your black vehicle, you will be chasing swirl marks from day 1 of delivery.

- I cannot recommend it enough for a purely driving vehicle in terms of it's handling and feel on the road. Even my mother enjoys it over the bt50 because it's less 'bouncy'

- expect 650kms from a tank of fuel, I average 9.1L/100km

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » March 1st, 2021, 5:51 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
feeldavibe wrote:
agent007 wrote:

What's HT?

Heavy-T Permit.

Agent, glad to see to see you back. The Ford is at the top of your list? I've heard numerous complaints about them..care to explain why you'd pick it over the Nissan, Toyota or any of it's other counterparts?

Hi Joshie, much thanks. I was just answering based on the 3 options he presented. Out of the 3 (NP300, Ranger and Colorado), the two American branded pickups have smart phone integration. The Ranger does have that upgraded SYNC 3 system and the Colorado has the MyLink system. The Ford comes with 6 airbags and it has the rear diff locker. The Chevy unfortunately has 3 airbags and is not available with a rear diff locker. Whilst the Chevy does have a lot of other safety tech, it’s always good to have the side + curtain airbags for added peace of mind.

Personally, I don’t really like Ford. I’m more a GM guy (Equinox over Kuga/Escape, Camaro over Mustang; Silverado over F150 and Suburban over Expedition etc...), but when you judge the Ranger in its entirety, I would give it the edge over the Colorado. If I wanted a pickup to drag race, then yes, a Colorado any day, but that is just stupid to consider a van solely because it fast.

Now, he also mentioned NP300. Whilst the 5” non-touchscreen display got upgraded to a 7” touch screen display back in 2019/20, I don’t think it has smart phone integration ie. Apple Car Play or Android Auto. Perhaps Nick can confirm. It does have a rear diff locker (LE model) and unfortunately only 2 airbags. A small concern is, the 7AT transmission is made by Jatco. What else? The NP300 does not have telescopic steering and said steering rack uses the conventional hydraulic belt driven power assist setup. The Ranger and Colorado both have EPS. In terms of ride quality, the NP300 is probably the best because it uses coils at the rear instead of leaf springs (LE grade).

If you go to the “best van thread” somewhere else in this forum, I did a contribution on the NP300 vs Hilux. Nick took it a step further and gave an excellent synopsis as well. Ours is 29 months old and now cross 15k Kms. No issues to-date.

Now, given the current crop, if I personally had to rank them:

#1 L200 Sportero
#2 Hilux
#3 Ranger
#4 NP300
#5 Colorado
#6 Dmax
#7 BT-50
#8 Amarok

feeldavibe
Street 2NR

Postby feeldavibe » March 1st, 2021, 7:49 pm

agent007 wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
feeldavibe wrote:
agent007 wrote:

What's HT?

Heavy-T Permit.

Hi Joshie, much thanks. I was just answering based on the 3 options he presented. Out of the 3 (NP300, Ranger and Colorado), the two American branded pickups have smart phone integration. The Ranger does have that upgraded SYNC 3 system and the Colorado has the MyLink system. The Ford comes with 6 airbags and it has the rear diff locker. The Chevy unfortunately has 3 airbags and is not available with a rear diff locker. Whilst the Chevy does have a lot of other safety tech, it’s always good to have the side + curtain airbags for added peace of mind.

Personally, I don’t really like Ford. I’m more a GM guy (Equinox over Kuga/Escape, Camaro over Mustang; Silverado over F150 and Suburban over Expedition etc...), but when you judge the Ranger in its entirety, I would give it the edge over the Colorado. If I wanted a pickup to drag race, then yes, a Colorado any day, but that is just stupid to consider a van solely because it fast.

Now, he also mentioned NP300. Whilst the 5” non-touchscreen display got upgraded to a 7” touch screen display back in 2019/20, I don’t think it has smart phone integration ie. Apple Car Play or Android Auto. Perhaps Nick can confirm. It does have a rear diff locker (LE model) and unfortunately only 2 airbags. A small concern is, the 7AT transmission is made by Jatco. What else? The NP300 does not have telescopic steering and said steering rack uses the conventional hydraulic belt driven power assist setup. The Ranger and Colorado both have EPS. In terms of ride quality, the NP300 is probably the best because it uses coils at the rear instead of leaf springs (LE grade).

If you go to the “best van thread” somewhere else in this forum, I did a contribution on the NP300 vs Hilux. Nick took it a step further and gave an excellent synopsis as well. Ours is 29 months old and now cross 15k Kms. No issues to-date.

#1 L200 Sportero
#2 Hilux
#3 Ranger
#4 NP300
#5 Colorado
#6 Dmax
#7 BT-50
#8 Amarok

NP300 has Apple Car play standard now. Friend has a new XE 4x4.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » March 1st, 2021, 9:20 pm

Oh thanks for the confirmation. I hope there’s a 6 airbag option now too!

francis1979
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby francis1979 » March 1st, 2021, 9:43 pm

FYI

If speaking about heavy traffic e.g. morning peak highway traffic at +/-30km/hr - fully adaptive cruise control will not work in most cases. Since it will be too low for the the cruise control to be active in some vehicles.

However there are some other features which may be helpful though like start/stop where you can actually remove foot from brakes when car is in stationary in traffic while car is still in drive

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » March 1st, 2021, 9:45 pm

Yup new ones have carplay/android auto, works smooth without any hiccups

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » March 2nd, 2021, 12:25 am

2021 Hyundai Creta GLS fully loaded:
$253k
1.5 engine with CVT transmission
113hp and 144Nm peak torque
IMG_3328.JPG
IMG_3326.JPG
IMG_3329.JPG

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » March 2nd, 2021, 10:37 am

agent007 wrote:2021 Hyundai Creta GLS fully loaded:
$253k
1.5 engine with CVT transmission
113hp and 144Nm peak torque
IMG_3328.JPGIMG_3326.JPGIMG_3329.JPG

Mr.Agent Buy, shortlist or consider and how it compares to the Suburu XV

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » March 2nd, 2021, 11:54 am

Randolph,

Let’s to a comparison. A $253k Creta vs a $289k XV.

Pros of XV:
Longer, wider, longer wheel base, higher ground clearance, standard AWD with X-Mode, 7 airbags, new Subaru Global Platform which is stronger, stiffer, more torsionally rigid guaranteed over the Creta’s platform due to built-in ring shaped reinforcement frame. It has WiFi connectivity, steering responsive headlamps, its a longitudinally mounted 1.6 boxer engine - so it should be more balanced and smoother than your typical fwd transverse in-line 4 (which typically need power robbing counter rotating balance shafts to iron out vibration). It has thicker vented rotor discs at the back and has all independent suspension. The XV has head lamp washers and is still built in Japan. So I expect overall build quality to be high on this.

Pros of Creta:
Taller slightly so this should result in possibly more head room. 1.5 engine has almost identical HP as the Subie’s 1.6 but with slightly less torque. The Creta is lighter and is powering the front wheels only, so I expect the traffic light Grand Prix checkered flag to wave at the Creta. It does come with a panoramic sunroof which is rare for this class, an 8 speaker BOSE sound system that sounds exactly like the one found in a $356k Mazda CX-5. It has rear AC vents, front ventilated seats, front and rear mud guards, auto hold, auto dimming rear view mirror, auto wipers and auto lights. It’s $36k cheaper than the Subaru and is built in India.

Conclusion:

If you will never attempt to do some light off roading and your commute is just routine like work, grocery, place of worship, visit family and friends, throw in a little beach adventure (parking in the paved car park of course) then I’m sure the Creta would not dissapoint. The only major caveat is, as Korean engineered and built vehicles age (and mind you, this is an Indian built Korean vehicle so I don’t expect the quality control to be as good as some of the world class factories based in SK), they tend to have electrical gremlins pop up from time to time.

We saw their rookie take on the dual dry clutch transmission which is absolute failure. Now we see them with the iVT which is their take on the CVT. Would you trust it? At $36k cheaper, it’s hard to pass up, but they both appeal to two different kinds of buyers. I suspect the general income bracket of an XV purchaser would be higher and even if the Creta came with a free Samsung Galaxy S21, I don’t believe it will sway a potential XV buyer.

Now, it should be noted that this Creta is based on the same platform as the Kia Seltos (SP2i). There are 2 Kia Seltoses. The version built in SK for first world countries such as USA, Canada and Australia is known as SP2. The third world version is based on the SP2i platform for third world markets such as ours here in the Caribbean, India and Pakistan etc. The SP2i is structurally inferior to the SP2. Hyundai-Kia placed greater emphasis on the lives of first world citizens and residents over the likes of us.

You would not get that safety compromise in an XV. So for me? The $36k extra invested for additional peace of mind would be worth it.

foss

Postby foss » March 2nd, 2021, 12:55 pm

I love the XV... I think it's by far one of the nicest cars out right now. Though I don't own one and have only been a passenger. I love the ride.

I don't ever see any used ones for sale either. Well I've seen some of the very first ones that were sold years ago for sale.. but those would now have some age..

So I think Subaru nailed these.

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » March 2nd, 2021, 1:07 pm

agent007 wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
feeldavibe wrote:
agent007 wrote:

What's HT?

Heavy-T Permit.

#1 L200 Sportero
#2 Hilux
#3 Ranger
#4 NP300
#5 Colorado
#6 Dmax
#7 BT-50
#8 Amarok

Great insight and write-up as usual. Awesome review by Nick as well..you're right though..safety features are critical for me, so that dual airbag set up on a >$300k vehicle..meh.

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » March 3rd, 2021, 7:49 am

nick639v2 wrote:Yup new ones have carplay/android auto, works smooth without any hiccups

even if a vehicles comes without Android Auto /Apple Carplay there are several aftermarket decks with it.
Using a JVC with wireless Android Auto a couple years now. Seamless.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”