TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby S_2NR » June 1st, 2012, 3:19 pm

scotty_buttons wrote:Yeah that interior fail miserably. Perhaps at the level of corolla's bland-ness or worse.

Na it not that bad.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » June 1st, 2012, 3:51 pm

Would take skoda Octavia interior inside a Mazda 3.

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby noshownogo » June 1st, 2012, 4:07 pm

Mazda 3 interior better than the 2012 Civic, that dash is a mismatch of textures, colours, levels, angles and lighting, not to mention that you can lose a pedestrian behind the A pillar.

pyung99
Trinituner Peong

Postby pyung99 » June 1st, 2012, 11:42 pm

all the above mentioned (corolla, mazda3, civic) have hard plastic interior. cheap. out of the 3 the civic dash seems more interesting to me. but they each are so damn cheap looking inside.

they all have fairly decent exterior, i find dey look good. i actually put the mazda 3 in last place for exterior.

these are all subjective issues though.

is it possible to have a comparison of these cars by performance? i mean for the 1.6L models we get. i think classic motors actually have some specs for the civic online. dey even recommend super unledded gas. surely daz a plus in econobox class.
horsepower, 0-100km/h time, fuel economy. etc etc.

(is there any trini website that does reviewing of dese cars? not chuna and not dis thread :D)

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » June 2nd, 2012, 12:29 am

my interior ranking:

1st elantra
2nd jetta
3rd impreza
4th octavia
5th 3
6th focus
7th lancer
8th civic
9th cerato
10th sx4
11th corolla
12th sylphy

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » June 2nd, 2012, 1:07 am

pyung99 wrote:all the above mentioned (corolla, mazda3, civic) have hard plastic interior. cheap. out of the 3 the civic dash seems more interesting to me. but they each are so damn cheap looking inside.

they all have fairly decent exterior, i find dey look good. i actually put the mazda 3 in last place for exterior.

these are all subjective issues though.

is it possible to have a comparison of these cars by performance? i mean for the 1.6L models we get. i think classic motors actually have some specs for the civic online. dey even recommend super unledded gas. surely daz a plus in econobox class.
horsepower, 0-100km/h time, fuel economy. etc etc.

(is there any trini website that does reviewing of dese cars? not chuna and not dis thread :D)

Don't think anyone here does real reviews. Zorce has write ups. They may even lightly talk about some issues but they never recommend one car over another. At this point you just have to do alot of google searching. The cars we get here may not be in the US in the same spec. You forced to go to other markets for info: e.g. Australia, Singapore, UK for our Jetta, Singapore for our Tiida and Almera etc. Not sure where to go for Mazda 3 and Civic. Also forums to me see m like the best place. If you go by reviews you may never buy any vehicle. Especially in econobox segment.

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » June 2nd, 2012, 2:12 am

acesinghit wrote:my interior ranking:

1st elantra
2nd jetta
3rd impreza
4th octavia
5th 3
6th focus
7th lancer
8th civic
9th cerato
10th sx4
11th corolla
12th sylphy

Elantra interior that good? Better than the jetta? Jetta interior is pretty impressive. Especially the fully loaded model. Other than that.. Ill have to disagree with the impreza and lancer. Those belong much lower IMO.
But as mentioned before.. All that is pretty much subjective.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 2nd, 2012, 6:40 am

The Octavia above the Mazda 3? The Octavia doesn't even have steering controls. The Impreza should be just above Corolla with their bland and plastic interior with an aftermarket radio. You don't even have the Fiat Bravo up there, which should be in the top 5.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » June 2nd, 2012, 7:48 am

What you say is as important as how you say it. Them bazillion buttons on the dash for the Mazda 3 ain't a good look so yeah even with no controls on steering wheel I'd still take the Octavia's interior.

Never seen the Fiat Bravo's interior.

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » June 2nd, 2012, 7:56 am

Habit7 wrote:The Octavia above the Mazda 3?

He just do that to piss me off

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » June 2nd, 2012, 8:04 am

Take solace in the fact that the exterior of the Octavia is fugly.

damieG82
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby damieG82 » June 2nd, 2012, 9:04 am

Some seriously questionable comments about interiors IMHO.... first of all, that list posted is concerning what exactly?... interior design, material quality, fit & finish, luxury amenities, all of the above? You need to qualify your list with the criteria you're using to formulate it.

Given, what I would call, local tastes with interiors, design trumps everything else. Everyone seems to bathe every surface in armoral anyway so soft touch materials are no advantage considering its "hands off", period. And about soft touch, they are not all created equally. In terms of quality and longevity, the Asians still trump the Euros, at least in our climate. Euro plastics degrade badly, buttons wear out, trim flakes or fades, and glues unstick. The interior of my 14yo Mazda 323f Sport, with soft touch dash mind you, will put many commensurately aged or even newer Euros to shame.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Euro vehicles... over everything else. But sadly they are far from perfect. If finances permitted, I'd go Euro and change it every 5 years to avoid all of the inevitable durability issues.

Soft touch aside, hard plastic is perfectly fine once there's realistic texture/graining to it, and uniform across the plethora of surfaces it covers, that goes for colour too. Take a CS Lancer for instance, the texture and colour of its plastics are nauseatingly mismatched. You can tell a half dozen or so suppliers made the various pieces, obviously to achieve the lowest price on Mitsubishi's part, but to disastrous results. Its beyond me how anyone willingly parts with their money to buy that car, even as a RORO, worse yet new from DM.

And the mismatching continues to the exteriors of the current Corolla and Civic... anyone else took a good look at the taillights? The pieces that extend unto the trunk lid have got to be cheapest, most out of place and unnecessary additions in automotive history. But that's what you get when accountants and executive MBAs design a car as opposed to someone with automotive heart and soul.

pyung99
Trinituner Peong

Postby pyung99 » June 4th, 2012, 1:47 am

i have no probs with the hard plastics in terms of functionality. jes more ting to rub protectant on. but ah mean, my old 15 y/o car has soft touch dash (and looks great). it is obvious cheapening of interior to have all hard plastic.

btw those lights which extend onto the trunk of civic and corolla i think are for rear fogs. the bulbs arent present in the local ones, but i think they are present in asian markets. the firms here say they are reflectors eg in the case of civic, USDM version atm doesn't have that set of lights.

anyone know if d latest corolla and mazda 3 can handle super unledded? (dey are afterall, economy cars)

im sure these cars are priced taking into consideration the cost of other cars in similar class, size, engine size, hp rating etc etc. eg if 190k+ is for a swift or base impreza, then surely mazda3, corolla, civic must be priced over 200k. if a jetta is 230k+, then why not put a civic or corolla there as well? some of these EU cars (not even specially equipped for tropics) i jes find are bloated in price as well. alot of useless features being included in the price. hence a corolla with alot less features, but features which are relevant to tropics can be priced similarly.

so for economy, must we all buy elantras then? 1puke. and fack foreign used

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » June 4th, 2012, 5:53 am

Pyung what features does the corolla have that are specifically designed for the tropics that EU cars don't have? Also how are you sure current EU cars aren't designed for the tropics?

pyung99
Trinituner Peong

Postby pyung99 » June 4th, 2012, 8:30 am

well i know in the case of the civics, honda adds/removes features depending on the location. so for eg that means the trini 2012 civic has no cruise control (which is blanked on the steering wheel), or traction control (blanked near steering wheel i think). in d caribbean, we eh gettin nething extra from them tho.

toyota probably follows the same mentality of sending just the essentials in the car (no traction control, cruise control etc) but ends up priced similar to EU cars with such features. theres more im sure (eg remote start is normally for cold climates where you want to warm up the interior or engine remotely). in trini, that is just a bling accessory. etc. and d japs know this.

although these days it seems that people need the traction control while driving on wet roads.....while TC is mainly for offroad and driving on ice

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » June 4th, 2012, 9:16 am

pyung99 wrote:well i know in the case of the civics, honda adds/removes features depending on the location. so for eg that means the trini 2012 civic has no cruise control (which is blanked on the steering wheel), or traction control (blanked near steering wheel i think). in d caribbean, we eh gettin nething extra from them tho.

toyota probably follows the same mentality of sending just the essentials in the car (no traction control, cruise control etc) but ends up priced similar to EU cars with such features. theres more im sure (eg remote start is normally for cold climates where you want to warm up the interior or engine remotely). in trini, that is just a bling accessory. etc. and d japs know this.

although these days it seems that people need the traction control while driving on wet roads.....while TC is mainly for offroad and driving on ice

I can't speak for other euros but the Jetta comes with cruise control and traction control. Traction control and cruise control should not be considered useless features for the Caribbean. Depending on your engine then traction control may not be so important and maybe that's why corollas and civics don't come with them. (No disrespect intended but they not shipping them with "high" torque engines). Looking at the civic and the fully loaded corolla compared to the Jetta i don't see the features the former have that the Jetta doesn't that are particularly applicable to the Caribbean to justify pricing them equally. The sole reason why the Corolla and Civic are priced this way is because the market is buying them en masse so the dealer jacks up the price. The only feature on the Jetta i would say not applicable to the Caribbean is the rear foglight.

Compare the Corolla around 185k to an octavia at 184k and the corolla has no abs. I also don't think the corolla at this price bracket has any more features applicable to the Caribbean than the Octavia yet it is more expensive. I'm pretty sure if studied in more detail more of these discrepancies will appear for new cars.

pyung99
Trinituner Peong

Postby pyung99 » June 4th, 2012, 9:30 am

^^ agreed on the above points. so many factors lead to the bloating

i just can't believe the local firms are making so much profit. i think/hope they get the cars already kinda positioned pricewise in our local market. maybe say toyota can scrape a few thousands more due to being a staple.

markme
Riding on 13's

Postby markme » June 4th, 2012, 10:21 am

acesinghit wrote:my interior ranking:

1st elantra
2nd jetta
3rd impreza
4th octavia
5th 3
6th focus
7th lancer
8th civic
9th cerato
10th sx4
11th corolla
12th sylphy

I would put the Chevy Cruze above the Elantra, although both are great. But I guess it didn't make the list because the Cruze is relatively new to the market. The fit and finish is great though, especially in the upmarket varient.

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » June 4th, 2012, 10:24 am

Yeah that's so true, I forgot about that car, the cruze has a nice interior indeed.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » June 4th, 2012, 10:46 am

new crv looks like crap....

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » June 4th, 2012, 11:11 am

I agree, the last gen was definitely better. I saw the Nissan versa on the road today. PCW 1xxx, what is that ugly thing?

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » June 4th, 2012, 12:22 pm

my apologies for excluding the cruze, i would rate it equal to the elantra ie. the #1 spot

1st elantra/cruze
3rd jetta
4th 3
5th octavia
6th lancer
7th impreza
8th civic
9th focus
10th cerato
11th i30
12th sx4
13th corolla
14th sylphy
15th tiida
16th wingroad
17th versa

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 4th, 2012, 1:27 pm

^^^Long & short of it, everyone have their own preferences

What going on with McENearney Motors? The new Focus came out before the new Ranger and we yet to get a new Focus yet but there are new Rangers? I know they are produced in different places but I am sure there are more Focuses produced than Rangers.

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » June 4th, 2012, 10:41 pm

16 cycles wrote:new crv looks like crap....

I find it kinda nice.. Lol

Prolly cuz the first time i saw one was actually its interior. It looks all pretty at night. Heh

4Motion
3NE 2NR for life

Forester

Postby 4Motion » June 6th, 2012, 10:22 pm

2012 Subaru Forester 2.5XT - $485,000

When did the price of the Forester get so high?

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » June 6th, 2012, 10:37 pm

lolwut?!

Waw. Sweet T&T. Rather get a Passat CC or 2012 3 Series anyday

pyung99
Trinituner Peong

Postby pyung99 » June 6th, 2012, 11:41 pm

scotty_buttons wrote:
16 cycles wrote:new crv looks like crap....

I find it kinda nice.. Lol

Prolly cuz the first time i saw one was actually its interior. It looks all pretty at night. Heh

d crv lil bit plain looking

i find it better than this monstrosity:

cough, puke

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » June 7th, 2012, 5:28 am

The Tucson is better looking than the new CR-V

IN MY OPINION PLEASE DO NOT STONE ME!

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » June 7th, 2012, 5:45 am

^^Stone you?? I agree 100%

The front took a little getting used to, but that happens a lot with new designs. Front aside, the rest of the vehicle is very nice.

The Tucson is sweet compared to that UGLY CR-V. (My opinion)

CR-V reminds me of the new Xtrail........which happens to be just as ugly as the old one :|

pyung99
Trinituner Peong

Postby pyung99 » June 7th, 2012, 10:28 am

oh larse look fite start. i've seen the tuscon more than the crv (prob 10:1) so apparently ppl love it! is dis hyundai country?

but dat face breds, is so gross. looks like some ugly person decided to puff out his face.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”