TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Mr. Go Slow
Riding on 16's

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Mr. Go Slow » March 3rd, 2013, 11:22 am

whyteliver wrote:
Mr. Go Slow wrote:
Stephon. wrote:I still find that speed isn't something you can compare really in Trinidad where we don't exactly have the roads to be driving at fast speeds without doing so recklessly / basically dodging in and out of traffic. Unless you do all of your driving between 2AM - 4AM. a 4 speed auto box shouldn't be the factor that makes or breaks it for you.

A 4 speed box in Germany or New York on the other hand ...........

Well ... thats just my opinion.
If you get what I'm saying.

Spoken like everyone else that cannot appreciate a good driver's car ... It's not about top speed and clear roads. It's about enjoying the vehicle dynamics, heel and toeing as you shift, getting the back of the car to come around on queue, pulling hard from 0-60 through a sweeping series of turns is infinitely more fun than going flat out on an empty road.

This is the sort of thinking that will have us all in electric econo boxes because, "why would you want all that speed".

You can enjoy a sports car anywhere at anytime .... except traffic, no need to be cutting people off or trying to drive at 200 down the avenue to do so.

you are about 2% of the new car market buyers...economy car
manufactures jus dont giv a fcuk about you.

I completely agree with your statement. As I've said before, the "pussyfication" of society will turn us all into compliant sheep as is evidenced by the popular views on the internet.

Well played domestication, well played ...

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » March 3rd, 2013, 2:26 pm

Mr. Go Slow wrote:
whyteliver wrote:
Mr. Go Slow wrote:
Stephon. wrote:I still find that speed isn't something you can compare really in Trinidad where we don't exactly have the roads to be driving at fast speeds without doing so recklessly / basically dodging in and out of traffic. Unless you do all of your driving between 2AM - 4AM. a 4 speed auto box shouldn't be the factor that makes or breaks it for you.

Spoken like everyone else that cannot appreciate a good driver's car ... It's not about top speed and clear roads. It's about enjoying the vehicle dynamics, heel and toeing as you shift, getting the back of the car to come around on queue, pulling hard from 0-60 through a sweeping series of turns is infinitely more fun than going flat out on an empty road.

This is the sort of thinking that will have us all in electric econo boxes because, "why would you want all that speed".

You can enjoy a sports car anywhere at anytime .... except traffic, no need to be cutting people off or trying to drive at 200 down the avenue to do so.

I completely agree with your statement. As I've said before, the "pussyfication" of society will turn us all into compliant sheep as is evidenced by the popular views on the internet.

:lol: :lol:

whyteliver
Riding on 16's

Postby whyteliver » March 3rd, 2013, 8:25 pm

Mr. Go Slow wrote:
whyteliver wrote:
Mr. Go Slow wrote:

weeeelll u can always buy a lambo.....

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » March 3rd, 2013, 11:04 pm

drchaos wrote:
Urm ... there is no traffic light from POS all the way to Golconda (end of the highway down south). That is probably most of the highway. Also heading south in the morning and heading out of south in the evening tends not to land you in the traffic you describing.

And its alot of fun to stick up in someones ass who refuses to move from the right lane driving at 90 kph (even tho the left lane is clear), while only using the gears to control your speed .. no brakes

The speed limit is 80 kph so what you are doing is driving like an idiot. Its also fun to drive slower when some idiot driver up on your bumper.

the speed limit is 80 but you condoning driving at 90 on the right lane .... the horror ....

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » March 4th, 2013, 9:01 am

drchaos wrote:drchaos wrote:
Urm ... there is no traffic light from POS all the way to Golconda (end of the highway down south). That is probably most of the highway. Also heading south in the morning and heading out of south in the evening tends not to land you in the traffic you describing.

And its alot of fun to stick up in someones ass who refuses to move from the right lane driving at 90 kph (even tho the left lane is clear), while only using the gears to control your speed .. no brakes

The speed limit is 80 kph so what you are doing is driving like an idiot. Its also fun to drive slower when some idiot driver up on your bumper.

the speed limit is 80 but you condoning driving at 90 on the right lane .... the horror ....

I'm condoning your unsafe driving. It would be easier to just overtake and be on your way.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » March 4th, 2013, 10:19 pm

Please add the following updates to the new car prices:

MB a200 non metallic paint: 280K
MB a200 metallic paint:285K

BMW 116i: 285K

denz89
Riding on 13's

Postby denz89 » March 5th, 2013, 4:18 pm

can you post an updated price list please, looking for price of nissan note

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » March 5th, 2013, 7:08 pm

metalgear2095
Post subject: Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGOPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:01 am

I LUV THIS PLACE

drchaos wrote:
drchaos wrote:

I'm condoning your unsafe driving. It would be easier to just overtake and be on your way.

driving unsafe is forcing people overtake on the left lane. So you like to follow some laws ... speed limits but you don't like others ... keep left except when overtaking.

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » March 5th, 2013, 11:47 pm

de_dougla_smurf wrote:Hey peeps, I want a diesel powered auto pickup for around $185 K.

Does such a thing exist?

brand new = NO . . . . wait unless you consider the Wingle, then Yes

used = YES

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=481428

beware when buying used diesels, make sure that you check it out properly, mechanically

there are good ones and some lemons

not just saying that cuz I have one (that immaculate btw), just offering some advice as a member of the 2nr diesel community

plenty ppl buying new pickups and not maintaining them properly then selling them off at an age close to when the lack of proper maintenance catches up, unfortunately with the new owner

ppl who never had diesels and new to them spending the $$$ on the bling and prettiness and not on maintenance cuz their is teh misconception the diesel vehicles do not need maintenance

all vehicles have some usual weakspots that vary from model to model

if u interested in a particular one, then find out about the common failures for that model and inquire to whether it has happened to the one that you are interested in. if it has already and been rectified, then u good, if not then budget that it will happen during your time of ownership

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » March 6th, 2013, 7:35 am

drchaos wrote:metalgear2095
Post subject: Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGOPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:01 am

I LUV THIS PLACE

drchaos wrote:
drchaos wrote:

driving unsafe is forcing people overtake on the left lane. So you like to follow some laws ... speed limits but you don't like others ... keep left except when overtaking.

drchaos.... just press the quote button.

only about 5% of drivers on the road actually understand/apply the principle of slower traffic in the left lane...... these days.. lane is lane. so frustrating!!

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » March 6th, 2013, 8:51 am

someone can correct me but a 6AT transmission equipped fwd car should be slower than a 4AT equipped car all things being equal right? If the tranny is shifting more gears then there is more shift lag (5x) in the 6AT vs (3x) in the 4AT. So with less gear changes using the powerband at full throttle = faster acceleration. The 6AT was really meant for fuel economy? Or I got this entirely wrong? So the Elantra/Cruze 6AT "advantage" over a 4AT Corolla should not apply?

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » March 6th, 2013, 9:58 am

acesinghit wrote:someone can correct me but a 6AT transmission equipped fwd car should be slower than a 4AT equipped car all things being equal right? If the tranny is shifting more gears then there is more shift lag (5x) in the 6AT vs (3x) in the 4AT. So with less gear changes using the powerband at full throttle = faster acceleration. The 6AT was really meant for fuel economy? Or I got this entirely wrong? So the Elantra/Cruze 6AT "advantage" over a 4AT Corolla should not apply?

Thing is all things aren't kept equal. Shift points and gearing are changed depending on what type of engine and tranny used. A 6 speed will be tuned to get acceleration and also have good fuel economy to boot vs the 4.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » March 6th, 2013, 4:12 pm

all that matters are ratios...whether 4,5,6, or 7 speed. Ratios have the greatest effect on acceleration and top end. Any generalizations about 4 better than 6 or vice versa is based on assumptions.

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » March 6th, 2013, 7:29 pm

Saw a Rav4 today in preson, I didn't know it came with running lights, nice. It's still completely ugly and it looks like an eyesore. Even the new CR-V is nicer than that lump of megatron vomit.

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » March 6th, 2013, 8:36 pm

Stephon. wrote:Saw a Rav4 today in preson, I didn't know it came with running lights, nice. It's still completely ugly and it looks like an eyesore. Even the new CR-V is nicer than that lump of megatron vomit.

lol. u rel hating on that rav4 meg..esp for a man who think the BT-50 good looking :lol:. it's not that hideous eh.. the CRV and Rav4 looks are around the same for me..it's an acquired taste really which is the same that can be said for the BT-50. Someone here posted a BT-50 earlier with some exterior bells and whistles (not chrome crap) and it looked rather good.

the DRL on the Rav looks really disappointing. not that that's a big deal.. just every other car that has DRL implemented some sort of style into it.. not some rectangular POS like what Toyota did. steups.

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » March 6th, 2013, 8:48 pm

I mean, the fact that Toyota is selling ANYTHING with DRLs is a plus for me because it shows that they're finally at least going somewhere. I find they were nice. That's the only thing nice about the vehicle. The Mazdas have DRLs too Just tint the top 7 inch strip with a dark tint to cover the photocell and leave the lights on auto mode :lol:

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » March 6th, 2013, 9:30 pm

The Mazdas have DRLs too Just tint the top 7 inch strip with a dark tint to cover the photocell and leave the lights on auto mode :lol:[/quote]

nah i think the CX5 has no? but not LED ones, halogen.

foss
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby foss » March 6th, 2013, 9:58 pm

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » March 6th, 2013, 10:26 pm

Stephon. wrote:Saw a Rav4 today in preson, I didn't know it came with running lights, nice. It's still completely ugly and it looks like an eyesore. Even the new CR-V is nicer than that lump of megatron vomit.

I have my test drive on Saturday. I'll give you my overall impression then.

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » March 6th, 2013, 10:32 pm

NorStar2K wrote:

unless I missed it, did you ever end up test driving the new Santa Fe as well? :)

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » March 6th, 2013, 10:54 pm

scotty_buttons wrote:The Mazdas have DRLs too Just tint the top 7 inch strip with a dark tint to cover the photocell and leave the lights on auto mode :lol:

nah i think the CX5 has no? but not LED ones, halogen.[/quote]

Yeah but I meant the Mazda 3 :lol:

NorStar2K wrote:

You might bounce up meh father :lol:

equipped2ripp
punchin NOS

Postby equipped2ripp » March 6th, 2013, 11:40 pm

The RAV4 is really impressive, I checked out one ($330K) today in the South showroom. Toyota really came along way with the RAV4. The one for $330K comes with a 2.5 dual VVT-i engine, CVT transmission, sunroof, leather interior, automatic rear door, push button start, DRLs, projector headlights, 17" wheels, leather vinyl dashboard trim... that's all I can remember.

It's at a good price, considering a CR-V is $410K or so.

Most of the first stock TTTL brought in of these RAV4s have been sold.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » March 7th, 2013, 12:56 pm

How exactly is "push button start" a feature? Turn a key, push a button, what's the difference?

blacklight
Sweet on this forum

Postby blacklight » March 7th, 2013, 1:00 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:How exactly is "push button start" a feature? Turn a key, push a button, what's the difference?

Push button means you push a button to start no physical key hole to insert a key. All you need is the remote in your pocket or within range of the car to start it. Benefit: no fiddling with keys to open and start the car!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362674997.281726.jpg

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » March 7th, 2013, 1:22 pm

Just met a toyota rep in maritime's food court who says the corolla is the best because of:

1) resale value
2) parts
3) service
4) fuel economy
5) interior space
6) trunk space
7) features ( I kid you not!)
8 ) style

It is these brain washing antics that keep selling these cars! Imagine he says it better to buy high quality fabric than cheap leather seats. High quality in a Corolla? Sure...

"Fully loaded fabric 1.5 corolla" = $216k or something so.

thiefery

blacklight
Sweet on this forum

Postby blacklight » March 7th, 2013, 1:36 pm

The only point he correct on is re-sale value......otherwise bleh! Bleh! Bleh!

I think they need to have more dealerships selling different branded new cars to bring a little competition into the market. It's a shame entry into the market is so risky and costly!

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » March 7th, 2013, 2:11 pm

I see where Rory is coming from. Push button is more of a gimmick than a real REAL feature, but its nice to have. I personally prefer push to start.

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » March 7th, 2013, 3:00 pm

acesinghit wrote:Just met a toyota rep in maritime's food court who says the corolla is the best because of:

1) resale value
2) parts
3) service
4) fuel economy
5) interior space
6) trunk space
8 ) style

It is these brain washing antics that keep selling these cars! Imagine he says it better to buy high quality fabric than cheap leather seats. High quality in a Corolla? Sure...

thiefery

I kinda agree with those point except 7 and 4, 8 is up to the buyer IMO and 4 I'm yet to prove but it is a surprise when the tank only took $100 iirc. I don't agree however with paying 200k for a econobox, especially when a rav4 cost me 220-240 iirc a few years back.

And if you think about the seats anything is better than cheap leather :lol: . I own a vehicle with leather seats and they can be uncomfortable in the weather we've been having as of recent plus I have to take much more care than I do with fabric seats to prevent cracks etc. Hell I just ordered leather conditioner and cleaner which I usually do every 2months or so. Personally, I see no benifit for leather seats, dunno why it's even considered a luxury.

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » March 7th, 2013, 4:31 pm

kurpal_v2 wrote:
acesinghit wrote:Just met a toyota rep in maritime's food court who says the corolla is the best because of:

1) resale value
2) parts
3) service
4) fuel economy
5) interior space
6) trunk space
8 ) style

thiefery

I kinda agree with those point except 7 and 4, 8 is up to the buyer IMO and 4 I'm yet to prove but it is a surprise when the tank only took $100 iirc. I don't agree however with paying 200k for a econobox, especially when a rav4 cost me 220-240 iirc a few years back.

And if you think about the seats anything is better than cheap leather :lol: . I own a vehicle with leather seats and they can be uncomfortable in the weather we've been having as of recent plus I have to take much more care than I do with fabric seats to prevent cracks etc. Hell I just ordered leather conditioner and cleaner which I usually do every 2months or so. Personally, I see no benifit for leather seats, dunno why it's even considered a luxury.

this exactly; especially for our climate, I'd much rather have a decent cloth covering than a leather covered seat all day, any day 8-) In fact, I wish that we could purchase mid-high tier vehicles and have an upgraded cloth as an option :)

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » March 7th, 2013, 5:34 pm

tourniquet wrote:
NorStar2K wrote:

unless I missed it, did you ever end up test driving the new Santa Fe as well? :)

Funny you should mention that, cuz they haven't been able to get a 4x2 Diesel for me to test drive yet. Not interested in the gas model.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”