TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rawCpoppa
Street 2NR

Re: New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby rawCpoppa » February 5th, 2017, 12:09 pm

Lol

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » February 5th, 2017, 12:17 pm

Simple, I have first hand experience in driving that failure of a van by driving it out the showroom myself unlike you and your used pos hyundai. So I sold it. Why don't u dig up that post too? Toyota will always be #1, I took long to see the light but sometimes I wonder if fools like u will ever understand. Buy something new, a lil accent self and give us some feedback nah? In the meanwhile, in true boxlancer style, hymc.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » February 5th, 2017, 12:45 pm

Touchy.....

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » February 5th, 2017, 12:47 pm

Salty

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » February 5th, 2017, 1:24 pm

acesinghit wrote:Simple, I have first hand experience in driving that failure of a van by driving it out the showroom myself unlike you and your used pos hyundai. So I sold it. Why don't u dig up that post too? Toyota will always be #1, I took long to see the light but sometimes I wonder if fools like u will ever understand. Buy something new, a lil accent self and give us some feedback nah? In the meanwhile, in true boxlancer style, hymc.

All that to say you bought a new vehicle? I try to extend comradery to my fellow tuner but like that buyer's remorse hitting you real hard jed.

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » February 5th, 2017, 1:34 pm

well countless of us in here bought new vehicles over the years and shared our thoughts on it from prices down to after sale service/support so why u jelly so? The other guy was right, u real envious of van men lol and u have plenty belly to be fixing that old beat up crossover without buyers remorse. Good for you!

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 5th, 2017, 2:58 pm

Why yuh want a car that lasts 40 years? Serious question here ....
From what I have seen Nissans are not as reliable as Toyota's but when something breaks the parts are ridiculously cheap.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 5th, 2017, 3:00 pm

Saw a S-cross and a vitara next to each other ... is it just me or is Suzuki competing with itself? The baleno and the swift are also two small hatches.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: RE: Re: New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby *KRONIK* » February 5th, 2017, 3:06 pm

drchaos wrote:Saw a S-cross and a vitara next to each other ... is it just me or is Suzuki competing with itself? The baleno and the swift are also two small hatches.

The s-cross and the vitara are based on the same chassis...
Most of the interior are shared also

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 5th, 2017, 8:19 pm

Suzuki planning to have the small vehicle market share on lock

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » February 5th, 2017, 8:53 pm

kamakazi wrote:Suzuki planning to have the small vehicle market share on lock

And they will get thru with the flexibility of the inhouse financing

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 5th, 2017, 9:22 pm

Lifestyle does buss price for Suzuki maintenance like dey does buss price for Chevy?

Or is Suzuki parts and service more reasonable?

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » February 5th, 2017, 10:03 pm

acesinghit wrote:Simple, I have first hand experience in driving that failure of a van by driving it out the showroom myself unlike you and your used pos hyundai. So I sold it. Why don't u dig up that post too? Toyota will always be #1, I took long to see the light but sometimes I wonder if fools like u will ever understand. Buy something new, a lil accent self and give us some feedback nah? In the meanwhile, in true boxlancer style, hymc.

Why you trolling on the man dan ?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » February 6th, 2017, 5:18 am

drchaos wrote:Lifestyle does buss price for Suzuki maintenance like dey does buss price for Chevy?

Or is Suzuki parts and service more reasonable?

They does buss price just like with everything.

A dealer maintained suzuki is a expensive thing to own.

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » February 7th, 2017, 12:18 am

we have 2 Office cars from them, an sx4 sedan 1.6 and a Cruze sedan 1.8. Recently changed pads on the Chevy and it cost around $1800. That service bill was more than $5k cause they changed all the fluids and filters too. The sx4 required a basic oil and filter change and iirc that bill was around $1100. My boss almost didn't sign off on that expense but he had to. Personally, the only thing LSM have that appeals to me is the Colorado. Suzukis is just a sheit company imo and well I can't afford a Porsche. Next month they getting rid of the Cruze after 6 years and I might get it dog cheap so I studying if to buy that as a good knockabout car or pass on the opportunity.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 7th, 2017, 12:50 am

Nah horse doh get tie up ... Suzuki does make some dred cars, manual swift sport is a legend.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 7th, 2017, 2:35 am

They changed all fluids...I find that a touch difficult to believe... Just a touch... But I could be wrong. I think Toyota does charge a little more for a service though.. In regards to the $1100.

Honestly don't like going by them... That is why they only see me for rear parts

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » February 7th, 2017, 11:57 am

In retrospect, Suzuki ain't so bad. Grand Vitara still remains a true SUV in a sea of crossovers and years ago We crashed in a Swift Sport at A very high rate of speed and all of us walked away with not a scratch. People doubted me though when I posted the pics. I guess Suzuki vehicles today appeal to buyers who just want small cheap cars. They failed in the critical North American market though but it doesn't matter to me cause I won't be a returning customer ever.

What I like about LSM is their nice service center facility. The place is clean and spacious. Nice big waiting room and all customers can park inside and wait to check-in the vehicles for service. Toyota barataria customers wait on the side street where you park on the right and the line backs up into the other street across the road, Kia in pos and massy in pos those little entrances are very tight, even SS have limited space. DM wrt Mitsubishi, you have to park on the street until the roll down doors are up then u park in those initial spots to the left and right which is only a few. Honda same thing. With Suzuki and Chevy though, you could take your time and reach minutes to 8am and still your car would be safe and secure in that large compound and will get checked in for service. I know Massy and LSM has a customer shuttle for those like myself who work in downtown Pos who very much appreciate this service.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 7th, 2017, 10:19 pm

Critical North American market you say ... Plenty car companies doh even bother to go there and they still very successful.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 7th, 2017, 10:37 pm

drchaos wrote:Critical North American market you say ... Plenty car companies doh even bother to go there and they still very successful.

Car companies like?...

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 7th, 2017, 10:46 pm

Skoda, Seat, Citroen, Peugeot, Opel/Vauxhall, Suzuki, Renault, Mahindra, Ssangyong.

Is alpha romeo available state side?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 8th, 2017, 1:20 am

Not sure about the alpha... But quite a lot of those marques are considered unreliable. Skoda and Seat are essentially VW underneath so no real reason to compete with oneself in the same market. I am amazed that those French car companies are doing well.

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » February 8th, 2017, 3:17 am

Approximately 19.5 million vehicles were sold in NA (USA and Canada) for CY2016. That's pretty significant thus making it a critical market for me. Most of those rubbish brands would never see the shores of the US especially with a Trump administration. In the rubbish brands defense though, at least they surviving on the current model employed with the countries they operate in, but Suzuki was there and their NA operations sank hence why them and even Isuzu pulled out. Chewed and spit out and judging from the trend already set, both Mazda and especially ailing Mitsubishi are facing some less than stellar sales and a bleak future if their sales continue to tank and tango there. Suzuki should focus on prime markets like India which they are doing actually where innovation and quality are not top priority to name a few. When you compete with p2, animal powered carts and bicycles, their little econo boxes will sell as people progress.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 8th, 2017, 10:17 am

Not so true. The US market is very specific with the types of vehicles people go for. Things are slowly changing. Plenty of the car manufacturers had models designed for the US market and then models for the rest of the world. Americans liked large vehicles with plenty features and large NA engines. The states is slowly becoming Europeanized in terms of cars mainly due to the high fuel prices and globalisation. Fuel prices have since gone considerably down. Car companies reacted and started offering more European styled cars. If the trend of low fuel prices continue then the US may revert to their old ways which has always been a very niche market.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 8th, 2017, 10:48 am

They have already reverted to their old ways when the fuel prices went down... SRT hellcat, Corvette z06, Camaro zl1, mustang 5.0 and well the pickups and trucks are almost all big displacement and LS swaps are their thing...V8 is like comfort food to an American

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » February 8th, 2017, 10:51 am

We can let this discussion slide in any direction we like with so many permutations and combinations but fact is, the NA market is critical and still accounts for a large chunk of global sales. Is either you spend the $$ to adapt your vehicle lineup for US crash safety and give them the powerful engines they want etc etc or you go the Suzuki route and say here wha, fire bun dem. And dan, the US is not a niche market eh. Then what would you say about us here in TT?

nixonliketheprez
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nixonliketheprez » February 8th, 2017, 1:27 pm

kamakazi wrote:Not sure about the alpha... But quite a lot of those marques are considered unreliable. Skoda and Seat are essentially VW underneath so no real reason to compete with oneself in the same market. I am amazed that those French car companies are doing well.

Saw an Alfa ad on CNN this morning

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 8th, 2017, 7:21 pm

acesinghit wrote:We can let this discussion slide in any direction we like with so many permutations and combinations but fact is, the NA market is critical and still accounts for a large chunk of global sales. Is either you spend the $$ to adapt your vehicle lineup for US crash safety and give them the powerful engines they want etc etc or you go the Suzuki route and say here wha, fire bun dem. And dan, the US is not a niche market eh. Then what would you say about us here in TT?

Yes just like how the Mustang adapted their crash rating to the US and scored 2 stars everywhere else in the world. :lol:

Buh i see wha yuh saying!

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » February 8th, 2017, 7:33 pm

Here are some comments extracted from EuroNCAP:

The passenger compartment of the Mustang remained stable in the frontal offset test. Dummy readings indicated good protection of the
knees and femurs of the driver and passenger dummies. Analysis of the dummy data showed that the driver's head had 'bottomed out' the
airbag i.e. there was insufficient pressure in the airbag to prevent the head from contacting the steering wheel through the deflated airbag
material. The head of the passenger dummy also bottomed out the airbag against the dashboard, owing to insufficient inflation of the
airbag and inadequate restraint for larger statures by the front passenger seatbelt load-limiter. The scores of both the driver and
passenger were penalised for the airbag performance. In the full-width rigid barrier test, protection of the driver was good apart from the
chest, protection of which was adequate. However, the rear seat passenger slipped under the lap portion of the seatbelt (a phenomenon
known as 'submarining') and the score for the knee, femur and pelvis body region was penalised and protection was rated as poor.
Protection of the chest was also rated as poor as the rear seatbelt (which has neither pre-tensioners nor load-limiters) showed an
excessively high tensile force in the test. Dummy readings of head deceleration indicated weak protection of the head for the rear
passenger. In the side barrier test, the Mustang scored full points with good protection of all critical body areas. Even in the more severe
side pole test, protection of the chest was adequate and that of other body regions was good. Tests on the front seats and head
restraints demonstrated a marginal level of protection against whiplash injury in the event of a rear-end collision. A geometric assessment
of rear seats indicated poor whiplash protection in these seating positions. The current Mustang is not equipped with an autonomous
emergency braking (AEB) system, which would have provided greater whiplash protection. However, Ford have indicated that the next
version of the Mustang will have AEB.

This assessment of the Ford Mustang is based on the vehicle that has been on sale since 2015. Ford has informed Euro NCAP that orders placed after May will receive an updated vehicle, which will be launched later in 2017, and will be equipped with Pre Collision Assist (with Pedestrian Detection, Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking) and Lane Keeping Aid.

The safety structure is good in terms of the passenger cage but the seatbelts and airbags require some updates which Ford says they will rectify. I don't like Ford much anyway, so I don't care lol.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 8th, 2017, 7:49 pm

Let me just tell you how you die in a crash, Head trauma, C spine fractures, pelvic fracture can bleed you out in minutes and the one we see the most is Chest trauma.

That car scored really poor for Head, pelvic and chest trauma in translation.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”