TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Morpheus » April 18th, 2017, 9:18 pm

CX9 is sexy

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » April 18th, 2017, 11:24 pm

Yup that CX9 has caught my eye

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » April 18th, 2017, 11:40 pm

RedVEVO wrote:The Grand Vitara 2.0 4x4 is a very good SUV. Overall 8/10
Had no major mechanical problems. So reliability 9/10
A/C was good. Quality interior & exterior 9/10
Had from new, then a PCN. Price. 8/10
LSM's support is good. 8/10
Service runs about $1,500 on average . 8/10
The only negative is that it is sluggish when you speed up. 7/10

Hey thanks for your review . it seems this is what i might be getting . but now i seeing this cx-9 i am sure it is out of my range

carluva wrote:Is the Grand vitara still available? LSM selling the vitara now. Is thta what you're talking about?

yeah the one from Lifestyle motors . although i have not seem a good review about aftersales service about them.

quietdevil wrote:The new vitara is worth the money. 7 air bags and all the other options. Lots of options. A bit lazy hills though.

thanks

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 19th, 2017, 7:24 am

I purchased the Chevrolet cruze from Lifestyle Motors Limited (Trinidad) and financed with their in-house financing co. Drove out the showroom on February 21st 2017 and 2 weeks later the steering stiffened up and it shut down. I was told by Lifestyle Service Manager the brain of the engine failed. So they replaced the brain of the engine. After 3 days without a courtesy car, picked up my Chevrolet Cruze and almost lost my life the same night. The headlamps were not working and 3 different vehicles almost hit me head on. They were coming right at me and then pulled away on getting very close.

Returned the car and asked for my down payment back since I had not even paid 1 instalment. They firmly refused stating that “even tho the Chevrolet Cruze is brand new it is man made and these problems are common to the automotive industry, they will ONLY be willing to fix the car under warranty and return to me” I still left the car and keys at Lifestyle showroom insisting that I don’t want it.

After some threatening phone calls and rude sarcastic insults from their in house financing rep. I picked up the car under duress. 13 days later the air condition starts malfunctioning blowing hot breeze. So they picked it up to fix it and of course found nothing wrong with it.
After 1month and 3weeks my brand new Chevrolet cruze has had major issues. I have no doubt in my mind IT WILL CONTINUE TO GIVE TROUBLE! Clearly this is a DEFECTIVE CAR! CHEVROLET CRUZE! A death trap! ‘SERIOUS PROBLEM CAR’ and I’m getting no support from LIFESTYLE MOTORS TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO! They refuse to take on my plight. LIFESTYLE MOTORS TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO DO NOT CARE!!!
1 The brain of the engine
2 the headlights
3 the air conditioning
If you see PDP 2985 at the side of the road with hazards on please stop and help me....thanks citizens of Trinidad and Tobago
Question: Is anyone experiencing similar problems with Trinidad Chevrolet?

From facebook 2 days ago

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 19th, 2017, 9:27 am

Know 2 people who had transmission failures and the firm could not diagnose. Poor customer support and customer was made to feel as if it was her problem and her problem alone. Eventually replaced, and no assurances were given that she would receive support if the new unit failed as well.

Problem I do not know any other firm you would get better support when it comes to a problematic car or a lemon.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 19th, 2017, 11:21 am

yup

recently a fella win a case against sterling for a faulty benz, after 3 years of fighting them in the courts
http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2016-04- ... buyer-benz

Automobile dealer Sterling Services Limited has been ordered to pay almost $400,000 in compensation to a customer to whom it sold a defective Mercedes Benz to in 2013.

Danley Maharaj received the refund on the entire purchase price of the C-Class Mercedes Benz, after High Court Judge Frank Seepersad ruled that the company breached its contract by failing to properly address the defects experienced after purchase in August 2013.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 19th, 2017, 12:29 pm

Updates added
Last edited by agent007 on April 23rd, 2017, 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

mtec
Street 2NR

Postby mtec » April 19th, 2017, 12:54 pm

No reputable new car dealer in this country should sell a customer a car and not replace it if something or somethings are defective. No, it is not the dealer's fault the car is defective but the customer should not have to deal with the results of poor workmanship or a natural lemon per say. Let the dealer "deal" with the source and keep the client satisfied. I'm sure that client with the defective piece of sheit Cruze would never purchase from LSM nor would any of his friends or relatives after hearing the drama and challenges faced with purchasing a brand new car. Way to go LSM on losing potential clients, it's a natural case of take your money and run. Yes we as consumers need to stand collectively when BS like this occurs and not make it seem like all these complaints are few and far fetched, don't be afraid to post company names and detail your complaints on all social media arenas. Why should anyone drive around a lemon while the dealers swim around in your hard earned dollar.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » April 19th, 2017, 3:04 pm

Need some proper lemon laws in this country.

iM@st@1
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby iM@st@1 » April 19th, 2017, 4:08 pm

Don't really hear complaints about Subaru either

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » April 19th, 2017, 5:00 pm

I was looking hard at the colorado, but i've read two -ve reviews about LSM and tbh its not encouraging. With the Cruze issue I'll like to see how its resolved. I agree that its possible you can get a car with problems but how the dealer deals with it is whats makes the difference. In my experience I like ANSA.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » April 19th, 2017, 5:12 pm

iM@st@1 wrote:Don't really hear complaints about Subaru either

Subarus are reliable, I have one, it's just the parts are expensive, I'd say even more so than Toyota or Honda.

Sent from my E6833 using TriniTuner mobile app

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » April 19th, 2017, 5:43 pm

Even the aftermarket parts more expensive for a subaru

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » April 21st, 2017, 10:58 am

read the judgement on the benz......can't believe sterling counter-sued as well...

The vitara seems like a good deal but the negative complaints abt LSM are cause for concern....

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » April 22nd, 2017, 10:20 am

LSM Customers should contact Mr Bernard Hadeed.
The Tuner with the "Cruz problems" should contact him immediately.

The vehicle should of been replaced. Period. It is a lemon.

ALL new car dealers ( not talking about the RORO ) are having serious customer service issues.

Southern Sales Ltd., especially (Audi , Kia ) has been sued so many times but it is only through "Social Media" people are aware of the bad and unfair and illegal treatment. The "Main Stream Media" depends on advertising $$ from these car dealers so they usually refrain from the negative publicity. The main defense by these car dealers is to first blame YOU the customer for warranty issues, then the manufacturers and TT car dealers do not take ANY responsibility due to lack of " Lemon Laws " as exist in the USA. They consider the warranty a " favor to you" and not a binding legal contract .

The new car dealers get a "free ride" on your hard earned money $$$ . They are also hoarding Forex dollars which again is to the detriment of basically everybody.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 22nd, 2017, 10:45 am

RedVEVO wrote:LSM Customers should contact Mr Bernard Hadeed.

ALL new car dealers ( not talking about the RORO ) are having serious customer service issues.

Southern Sales Ltd., especially (Audi , Kia ) has been sued so many times but it is only through "Social Media" people are aware of the bad and unfair and illegal treatment. The "Main Stream Media" depends on advertising $$ from these car dealers so they usually refrain from the negative publicity. The main defense by these car dealers is to first blame YOU the customer for warranty issues, then the manufacturers and TT car dealers do not take ANY responsibility due to lack of " Lemon Laws " as exist in the USA. They consider the warranty a " favor to you" and not a binding legal contract .

The new car dealers get a "free ride" on your hard earned money $$$ . They are also hoarding Forex dollars which again is to the detriment of basically everybody.

Post edited as it was not posted by and does not reflect the views of the person that started this account.
Last edited by drchaos on April 25th, 2017, 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » April 22nd, 2017, 12:04 pm

In business, if you know who to talk to, you can resolve issues of conflict .

The problem with the "Cruz Issue" may be the Tuner is talking to a CSR who is giving him/her
the run around.

Mr Bernard Hadeed is a fair person and he will assist . Otherwise go to an attorney, a couple letters etc. with a consultation should cost about $800.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 23rd, 2017, 12:37 am

drchaos wrote:

Hadeed??? Them is the same criminal big fish Hadeed that turn we country into a banana republic narco state??? That's where this guy has to get justice for a lemon?

There shall be no backpedal on this one. :wink: Even if a moderator deletes this entire page, I've already saved it and emailed it already.

Pirate
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Pirate » April 23rd, 2017, 1:11 am

agent007 wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Hadeed??? Them is the same criminal big fish Hadeed that turn we country into a banana republic narco state??? That's where this guy has to get justice for a lemon?

There shall be no backpedal on this one. :wink: Even if a moderator deletes this entire page, I've already saved it and emailed it already.

Not sure why all the make out scene. U send email ah to get an answer to a QUESTION???

Chaos though, u like $hit!

Back to the topic at hand. So real brands call an I didn't c Subaru there...nice!
And personally, I don't find the prices of their parts higher than other brands; not saying it cheap though!

Can anyone comment on the Forester? Any horror stories / issues ?
Last edited by Pirate on April 23rd, 2017, 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » April 23rd, 2017, 1:23 am

Just price an aftermarket Subaru timing belt kit.... For those vehicles that require it...

Pirate
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Pirate » April 23rd, 2017, 1:29 am

Yeah but that is all kinda Kevlar$hit like if ah normal driver needs something better than OEM.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 23rd, 2017, 2:14 am

Pirate wrote:
agent007 wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Not sure why all the make out scene. U send email ah to get an answer to a QUESTION???

Chaos though, u like $hit!

Back to the topic at hand. So real brands call an I didn't c Subaru there...nice!
And personally, I don't find the prices of their parts higher than other brands; not saying it cheap though!

Can anyone comment on the Forester? Any horror stories / issues ?

This post has been deleted/edited as it was not posted by the person who started this account and it does not reflect his views.
Last edited by drchaos on April 25th, 2017, 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » April 23rd, 2017, 2:29 am

Pirate wrote:Yeah but that is all kinda Kevlar$hit like if ah normal driver needs something better than OEM.

I am talking about a standard timing belt kit... No sports type aftermarket kit. To put it another way... The design of the engine requires a timing belt that spans the width of the engine as it has to drive 4 camshafts....two on either side. Not saying these things can't be serviced... It just costs more because there is physically more that needs to be serviced.

Pirate
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Pirate » April 23rd, 2017, 2:32 am

Noted, but thankfully it's only needed evey 100K

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » April 23rd, 2017, 12:22 pm

I checked out the Kuga, the trend is really nicely specced for the price. The only -ve is that it uses premium but it has Forn Sync 3 and AWD.

hellbent
Ricer

Postby hellbent » April 23rd, 2017, 1:12 pm

triniboi49 wrote:Any opinions on the 2017 Colorado? How is the resale of the older generation? Anyone can speak to the reliability? I personally like them but I feel if you buy one you are stuck with it till you run it down.

I bought one.
I like it. Coming from a Tiida, so big change for me. I have a friend who bought the older model last year. So been keeping track of it, and he has had no issues with the van.
One thing I do not like about the sales experience with Lifestyle is that I somehow got saddled into having the van inspected. I got mine week before carnival and my inspection is in May. Why can't they get that done for you before they sell you the van? I don't recall having to go through that with Massy. All that just to save 300 on their part?
I had previously posted that my choices were the older Colorado, new Colorado or Audi Q3.
I really wanted to own an Audi, but they are over priced for what you get down here compared to what's on offer say in the US or Europe. Tropicalized they call it, where they strip off features.
I have a friend who got a Q5 (fully loaded) for her birthday, and I got a chance to check it out. Now it's a nice vehicle and I didn't feel any envy at all. There are some features on the Colorado that even her Q5 lacks, CarPlay, Android Auto, Collision Warning, Lane Departure and even a Tire Pressure Monitoring system, remote start, daylight running lights etc.
I do a lot of driving in traffic and I am averaging 10km per liter. When I first got it, and I was driving 40km/h to 50km/h and not as aggressively (first time driving a large van) I had seen my consumption at 11km per liter.
I have not done any real off road driving and only ever used the 4x4 hi mode once.
I think the van does look nice, has a nice "stance".
20170326_145249 copy0rz.jpg

IMGP8345 copy0 copy0 modrz.jpg

IMG-20170227-WA00050 copy.jpg

Feel free to ask anything you wanna know.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » April 23rd, 2017, 8:23 pm

hellbent wrote:
triniboi49 wrote:Any opinions on the 2017 Colorado? How is the resale of the older generation? Anyone can speak to the reliability? I personally like them but I feel if you buy one you are stuck with it till you run it down.

I bought one.
I like it. Coming from a Tiida, so big change for me. I have a friend who bought the older model last year. So been keeping track of it, and he has had no issues with the van.
One thing I do not like about the sales experience with Lifestyle is that I somehow got saddled into having the van inspected. I got mine week before carnival and my inspection is in May. Why can't they get that done for you before they sell you the van? I don't recall having to go through that with Massy. All that just to save 300 on their part?
I had previously posted that my choices were the older Colorado, new Colorado or Audi Q3.
I really wanted to own an Audi, but they are over priced for what you get down here compared to what's on offer say in the US or Europe. Tropicalized they call it, where they strip off features.
I have a friend who got a Q5 (fully loaded) for her birthday, and I got a chance to check it out. Now it's a nice vehicle and I didn't feel any envy at all. There are some features on the Colorado that even her Q5 lacks, CarPlay, Android Auto, Collision Warning, Lane Departure and even a Tire Pressure Monitoring system, remote start, daylight running lights etc.
I do a lot of driving in traffic and I am averaging 10km per liter. When I first got it, and I was driving 40km/h to 50km/h and not as aggressively (first time driving a large van) I had seen my consumption at 11km per liter.
I have not done any real off road driving and only ever used the 4x4 hi mode once.
I think the van does look nice, has a nice "stance".
20170326_145249 copy0rz.jpg
IMGP8345 copy0 copy0 modrz.jpg
IMG-20170227-WA00050 copy.jpg
Feel free to ask anything you wanna know.

1. Would you buy it again?
2. Is it the fabric or leather
3. Hows the ride? I rode in a few Hilux and Navara and found them very harsh.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » April 24th, 2017, 1:01 am

Bought a Kia Rio brand new in 2012.I would never purchase from that dealer.

Big Z
30 pounds of Boost
Location: 734-7669 Amsoil, Chevron, Redline, Fuel Injector Cleaning

Postby Big Z » April 24th, 2017, 7:49 am

Pointman-IA wrote:Bought a Kia Rio brand new in 2012.I would never purchase from that dealer.

Well, you are consistent with your choice of vehicles.

4Motion
3NE 2NR for life

Postby 4Motion » April 24th, 2017, 3:50 pm

Any idea when the 2018 Audi Q5 will arrive in Trinidad?

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”