TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Re: New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby kamakazi » June 1st, 2017, 6:34 am

How does the engine size tax affect pickups.. Cause going from a 2.0 to a 3.0 might increase the price substantially

TRENDSETA
Trinituner Peong

Postby TRENDSETA » June 1st, 2017, 8:23 am

kamakazi wrote:How does the engine size tax affect pickups.. Cause going from a 2.0 to a 3.0 might increase the price substantially

might?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » June 1st, 2017, 6:16 pm

I said might cause when it applies to cars...I do not think anything comes close to the engine tax difference between a 2.3 mustang and a 5.0 mustang.
I could be wrong but I think that is the biggest difference in engine displacement for the same vehicle sold in our market

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 3rd, 2017, 1:15 am

triniboi49 wrote:I git this from a sales man on the Amarok

So we not getting the 3.0 V6 :( - they sticking us with the 2.0 turbo due the quality of the fuel. Coming with apple car play, 19 inch rims, no rear air bags. Scheduled for July/August.

Online reviews of the Amarok have been excellent.

This still makes the Chevy the feature king.

There is also a new Sportero - not sure of the features though.

New Amarok $350K

Yes, you are correct - w.r.t. the Amarok - :D
It is a "look" upgrade - with Apple Play etc.
Same 2.0 TT Engine .

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » June 3rd, 2017, 6:29 pm

Pick-ups are T vehicles and do not attract the same MVT as P vehicles. They are taxed at much lower rates because they are supposed to be for commercial use.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 4th, 2017, 1:54 am

^^

Yes that is correct.

People should buy a T vehicle quick - Gov't may decide to change MVT on this - You cannot
trust this Rowley Possey .. :)

ashleyramdhin
Riding on 13's

Postby ashleyramdhin » June 5th, 2017, 12:09 pm

Hello, was hoping to get some advice. I'm looking to buy a new car. I wanted something in the 150-200K price range and liked either the Yaris or Cerato. My dad is very Toyota crazy and said parts will be easier to find but I really like the Cerato but I don't know a lot about Kia and if parts are easy/expensive. Which one would you guys think I will get more value for? Or maybe another suggestion. Safety and maybe gas mileage is important to me because I'm on the road a lot for my job. I initially liked the Corolla but 240k+ is not what I want to spend on a new car yet.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » June 5th, 2017, 12:52 pm

Best to go in, sit down and test drive your options... Cause you might be with the car for a while. Do not rush to make any decisions

Other options based on the vehicles you mentioned
Hyundai ioniq/Elantra
Mazda 2
Honda City CNG

pipser
Street 2NR

Postby pipser » June 5th, 2017, 3:46 pm

Hi all, does anyone have any experience or feedback with the Mazda 2? Went into SS and had brief look at the model for $162K and its quite feature packed. But I can't say that I've seen very many on the road.

Looking to get a small car, hatchback or sedan for between 150K-180K. It'll be a daily driver from Diego to Chaguanas for my wife but she wants something a little spirited with some good looks

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » June 5th, 2017, 5:45 pm

pipser wrote:Hi all, does anyone have any experience or feedback with the Mazda 2? Went into SS and had brief look at the model for $162K and its quite feature packed. But I can't say that I've seen very many on the road.

Looking to get a small car, hatchback or sedan for between 150K-180K. It'll be a daily driver from Diego to Chaguanas for my wife but she wants something a little spirited with some good looks

Mazda 2 isn't bad but I wouldn't recommend it for spirited driving or as a daily beater.. There's alot of plastic and rather noisy rubbing noises in the one I test drove..

pipser
Street 2NR

Postby pipser » June 6th, 2017, 2:38 pm

nick639v2 wrote:
pipser wrote:Hi all, does anyone have any experience or feedback with the Mazda 2? Went into SS and had brief look at the model for $162K and its quite feature packed. But I can't say that I've seen very many on the road.

Mazda 2 isn't bad but I wouldn't recommend it for spirited driving or as a daily beater.. There's alot of plastic and rather noisy rubbing noises in the one I test drove..

Thanks nick....any suggestions?

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby triniboi49 » June 6th, 2017, 2:44 pm

I like the ioniq. It may not be fastest but it has real features and looks good

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » June 6th, 2017, 4:05 pm

pipser wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:

Thanks nick....any suggestions?

Elantra gls or yaris should fit in your budget had experience with a Elantra for 3 years and it works well for couva to pos runs. And well the yaris game stepped up alot

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » June 6th, 2017, 4:30 pm

Mazda 2 is the new Yaris... In the USA at least

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 6th, 2017, 7:42 pm

Ashley,
$150-200k is not small money at least imo so thinking about the Yaris or Cerato are not bad ideas but may I also add that you consider:
Honda City
Nissan Versa
Nissan Sentra
Mitsubishi Lancer
Mazda3
Mazda2
Suzuki Ciaz
Chevrolet Sonic
Ford Focus
Ford Fiesta
Hyundai Accent
Hyundai Elantra
Hyundai Ioniq
Kia Rio
Kia Soul

I assume you prefer a sedan. So hence my list above. If you do not want to use premium fuel and rather a vehicle that uses super then you may want to knock off both the Sentra and Lancer. **Open to correction here though**
If you want extreme fuel economy though then the Ioniq and City would be top choices. The Ioniq being the hybrid and the City the CNG. If you want smart phone integration as a must have feature then I think only the Sonic offers that from the list. If you want to deal with a dealership which has one of the better reputations out there then stay far from SS which means Kia and Mazda are eliminated. If you want the latest design in a car then the 2017 Rio is here just over a month now but then you have to deal with SS. If you are one of those who prefer that your new vehicle should not be made in South Korea or India then the Elantra, Accent, Cerato, Rio, Soul and Sonic is out as well as the Ciaz and Versa from that list.

If you are concerned about resale value then the Japs would fear better than the others and if you want a vehicle that would have a lot of parts support in the bamboo for example then the Versa and Sentra would be great in that regard later on.

Lastly if you feel like you buying this car for you and not anybody else. You want style, descent power, cabin and trunk space, nice features and everytime you lock your car but can't help turning around looking back at that sweet car that you call your own? Then Cerato, Elantra, Focus and Mazda 3 it is. Left up to me I would take the Elantra in blue or red.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » June 6th, 2017, 8:06 pm

One thing I notice about the Elantra, I have seen at least 3 different cars with like pdm and newer plates, with one of the drl in the headlight not working, that had me questioning those cars

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » June 6th, 2017, 8:31 pm

Kronik wrote:One thing I notice about the Elantra, I have seen at least 3 different cars with like pdm and newer plates, with one of the drl in the headlight not working, that had me questioning those cars

Yup see a couple daily on the highway

ashleyramdhin
Riding on 13's

Postby ashleyramdhin » June 6th, 2017, 9:32 pm

agent007 wrote:Ashley,
$150-200k is not small money at least imo so thinking about the Yaris or Cerato are not bad ideas but may I also add that you consider:
Honda City
Nissan Versa
Nissan Sentra
Mitsubishi Lancer
Mazda3
Mazda2
Suzuki Ciaz
Chevrolet Sonic
Ford Focus
Ford Fiesta
Hyundai Accent
Hyundai Elantra
Hyundai Ioniq
Kia Rio
Kia Soul

I assume you prefer a sedan. So hence my list above. If you do not want to use premium fuel and rather a vehicle that uses super then you may want to knock off both the Sentra and Lancer. **Open to correction here though**
If you want extreme fuel economy though then the Ioniq and City would be top choices. The Ioniq being the hybrid and the City the CNG. If you want smart phone integration as a must have feature then I think only the Sonic offers that from the list. If you want to deal with a dealership which has one of the better reputations out there then stay far from SS which means Kia and Mazda are eliminated. If you want the latest design in a car then the 2017 Rio is here just over a month now but then you have to deal with SS. If you are one of those who prefer that your new vehicle should not be made in South Korea or India then the Elantra, Accent, Cerato, Rio, Soul and Sonic is out as well as the Ciaz and Versa from that list.

If you are concerned about resale value then the Japs would fear better than the others and if you want a vehicle that would have a lot of parts support in the bamboo for example then the Versa and Sentra would be great in that regard later on.

Lastly if you feel like you buying this car for you and not anybody else. You want style, descent power, cabin and trunk space, nice features and everytime you lock your car but can't help turning around looking back at that sweet car that you call your own? Then Cerato, Elantra, Focus and Mazda 3 it is. Left up to me I would take the Elantra in blue or red.

Thank you very much! you gave me a lot to think about. I really love the Cerato, how much is it going for? I'm most concerned about the maintenance as I don't know much about Kia car parts prices and availability and don't want to be ripped off. A friend told me Kia used Hyundai parts (or at least some), is that true? I will obviously do some homework of my own too to make sure I at least know what to expect.

agent007
punchin NOS

New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby agent007 » June 6th, 2017, 10:31 pm

Yes they under the same group which is Hyundai-Kia Automotive Group so there will be a lot of engineering, platform, drivetrain sharing and amongst other stuff to lower production costs and achieve economies of scale. The Elantra and Cerato are basically the same vehicle with a different body and share the same Gamma engines locally. A benefit of buying a world car is that if the local dealer doesn't have certain parts you can simply order it online. Last price I had on those fully loaded Ceratos were just over $200k but there are several models to choose from so im pretty sure there is a model that can fit within your budget. Visit the ttautoguide website which can provide additional info including a video they created on it.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » June 7th, 2017, 5:53 pm

ImageImage

You know what.... I appreciate this move.. Little Elantra with a gearbox.. I see no problem with that at all

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » June 7th, 2017, 8:01 pm

^^^For real. Very rare to see nowadays...

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » June 7th, 2017, 8:27 pm

agent007 wrote:Yes they under the same group which is Hyundai-Kia Automotive Group so there will be a lot of engineering, platform, drivetrain sharing and amongst other stuff to lower production costs and achieve economies of scale. The Elantra and Cerato are basically the same vehicle with a different body and share the same Gamma engines locally. A benefit of buying a world car is that if the local dealer doesn't have certain parts you can simply order it online. Last price I had on those fully loaded Ceratos were just over $200k but there are several models to choose from so im pretty sure there is a model that can fit within your budget. Visit the ttautoguide website which can provide additional info including a video they created on it.

Pound for pound how does the Focus stack up to the Elantra/ Cerato?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 7th, 2017, 8:35 pm

The refreshed Focus came good now especially with a further price reduction. Ditching the dual dry clutch for a regular 6 speed auto was also a good move and I actually welcome the arrival of the small 1.0L 3 cylinder ecoboost engine that actually performs like a 1.5/1.6 4 cylinder car. The safety and driving dynamics of the Focus imho is far superior to the South Korean twins. Pound for pound in your words I would take the Focus especially with that 5 year or 100,000kms warranty vs the Hyundai and Kia which is 3 yrs or 100,000kms.

The arrival of a manual Elantra is a breath of fresh air in the segment. One must not forget that the Suzuki Swift Sport always had both an automatic and manual option available.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 9th, 2017, 2:43 am

Range $155K

There is a Polo Volk coming in July/August .

That is if you like Euro cars .

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 9th, 2017, 2:57 am

Honda City
Nissan Versa
Nissan Sentra
Mitsubishi Lancer
Mazda3
Mazda2
Suzuki Ciaz
Chevrolet Sonic
Ford Focus
Ford Fiesta
Hyundai Accent
Hyundai Elantra
Hyundai Ioniq
Kia Rio
Kia Soul

Range $160K

The City CNG is a good and sensible buy.

See a lots of women driving this vehicle. It is a small sedan.

I did a test drive . It is sporty and moves around the City -POS with ease.

Easy to park in any situation.

On the Chancellor Hill - it moved very spirited .

The inside has cool features and adequate enough for the 8-4 working person.

There is no truck space since there is where the CNG tank is located .

4Motion
3NE 2NR for life

Postby 4Motion » June 9th, 2017, 1:21 pm

Jaguar F-pace
20d AWD - R-Sport : $850,000
35t AWD - R-Sport : $950,000

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » June 9th, 2017, 2:55 pm

Jezus

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » June 9th, 2017, 3:35 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
Honda City
Nissan Versa
Nissan Sentra
Mitsubishi Lancer
Mazda3
Mazda2
Suzuki Ciaz
Chevrolet Sonic
Ford Focus
Ford Fiesta
Hyundai Accent
Hyundai Elantra
Hyundai Ioniq
Kia Rio
Kia Soul

Range $160K

The City CNG is a good and sensible buy.

See a lots of women driving this vehicle. It is a small sedan.

I did a test drive . It is sporty and moves around the City -POS with ease.

Easy to park in any situation.

On the Chancellor Hill - it moved very spirited .

The inside has cool features and adequate enough for the 8-4 working person.

There is no truck space since there is where the CNG tank is located .

Is that the price for the new one they advertising

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 9th, 2017, 9:48 pm

^^^
Ford Ranger $270K

There is a sale going on now with the City CNG .

Anyone have details on ANSA sale with Ford Trucks etc. ?

The price of the Ford Ranger was reduced .

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » June 9th, 2017, 11:44 pm

RedVEVO wrote:^^^
Ford Ranger $270K

There is a sale going on now with the City CNG .

Anyone have details on ANSA sale with Ford Trucks etc. ?

The price of the Ford Ranger was reduced .

That price is for the XLT 2.2 4x4 model. Basic interior.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”