TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Re: New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby aidan » July 16th, 2017, 4:50 pm

kamakazi wrote:What tyres did you use during the run along the forest logging roads

225/70/16 toyo open country at2

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 17th, 2017, 10:28 am

triniboi49 wrote:I looked at a few new cars today - my impressions:
HRV pretty nice but missing a few features we were after such as rain sensing headlights and auto wipers.
Tuscon: had the features but at the higher trims,
Mazda3 not bad at all at 191.
Cx3: real small 249 k for the basic.
Cruze: Very Nice LTZ was 209.
Vitara: all the features we were consider. 252k. Lil concerned how the 1.6 will pull on the highway.
The Civic: Nice Car has eveything, Cruz had more.
Fusion: Tad too expensive considering ford place in the market

That's a real mix up of vehicles there.......an Suv, 2 Cuvs, 3 compact sedans and a mid size sedan. I'm guessing you haven't yet figured out exactly what you are in the market for??

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 17th, 2017, 1:03 pm

He is working within a particular price range

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 17th, 2017, 1:15 pm

kamakazi wrote:He is working within a particular price range

I can understand the price range scenario but then you end up in a situation where you can can afford the lower spec in a brand within a segment but comparing to a higher spec in another brand within a different segment e.g. Basic Tucson as opposed to high end Cruze.
The high end Cruze is much more loaded than a Basic (or even mid spec) Tucson however it is a good 50k cheaper at least. However one is a car and one is an SUV.

IMO it helps to know if you in the market for a particular vehicle (or even particular options) to narrow down the search. But to each his own.

iM@st@1
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby iM@st@1 » July 17th, 2017, 2:33 pm

Any owner reviews of the turbo civic? I checked it out today but apparently you can't test drive it, they only have the 1.6 na for testing....go figure.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 17th, 2017, 3:07 pm

iM@st@1 wrote:Any owner reviews of the turbo civic? I checked it out today but apparently you can't test drive it, they only have the 1.6 na for testing....go figure.

Dr Chaos has one. You can PM him.
He used to be a frequent poster in this thread then his posts kind of tapered off.

Bosse
Street 2NR

Postby Bosse » July 17th, 2017, 3:10 pm

Tucson
Sportage
Xtrail
Kuga

Which is the better buy on a budget of 300k

SUV only.

Looking for more leg room in the back seat, fully loaded, mabe 4WD and the most important thing.... BEST AFTER SALE SERVICE!!!

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » July 17th, 2017, 3:18 pm

Bosse wrote:Tucson
Sportage
Xtrail
Kuga

SUV only.

Looking for more leg room in the back seat, fully loaded, mabe 4WD and the most important thing.... BEST AFTER SALE SERVICE!!!

Friend of mines was looking at the same range of vehicles, he took the Kuga saying that it had the best features in the range, and more bang for buck.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby triniboi49 » July 17th, 2017, 3:35 pm

Yes looking @250k

There are some features I'm looking at :

Namely auto wipers, auto headlights, push start (maybe). The market has certainly changed since I last purchased about 4 years ago, at that time I could get a fully loaded Sportage, now I have to go to a smaller SUV or a compact car to get the features.

Everything went up by 50k.

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » July 17th, 2017, 6:53 pm

drchaos wrote:Really? Like what?

Automatic wipers

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 17th, 2017, 8:58 pm

Sportage
Xtrail
Kuga

SUV only.

You want equipment levels then the Sportage is a good choice but it's the smallest of the four you mentioned. The Tucson is bigger but has less features. It does have an awd option though. The Xtrail has a descent 4wd system where there is a switch on the center console you can use to lock front and rear torque split. It is also the biggest and more spacious of the four. The one I'll pick is the Kuga, it has awd and starts at $280k and it has all the features you will not miss. It's easy to look pass the panoramic sunroof in the other 3 considering the Ford is priced excellent for the standard features, power and safety you get which imo is more important! If you do not like the Kuga name they will remove the badge for you and replace it with the North American name of "Escape". One thing, you will never hear about is a stolen Escape/Kuga since bandits are afraid of stuff that's mainly not Japanese. You can park in Trincity Mall or any high risk parking lot in this crime riddled country and feel safe! There's no price attached to your safety.
Last edited by agent007 on July 17th, 2017, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kriticalkase
Sweet on this forum

Postby kriticalkase » July 17th, 2017, 9:11 pm

Isn't the Sportage and the tuscon built on the same platform?

Interior space is the same.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 17th, 2017, 9:15 pm

You are right but I just found that of those two siblings, the Tucson had better packaging efficiency especially in the rear cargo area.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 17th, 2017, 9:33 pm

triniboi49 wrote:

Yes looking @250k

There are some features I'm looking at :

Namely auto wipers, auto headlights, push start (maybe). The market has certainly changed since I last purchased about 4 years ago, at that time I could get a fully loaded Sportage, now I have to go to a smaller SUV or a compact car to get the features.

Everything went up by 50k.

Actually triniboi 4 years ago iirc the fully loaded Sportage was around $270-280k. The current price is between $296-$304k depending on your negotiation skills.

Now $250k to spend on a new vehicle is still quite a lot of cash and you have quite a lot of well equipped options to tinker on. For starters, you have crossovers like the ASX, Creta, HRV, CX3and the Trax well within your budget. The Creta fully loaded you can get for $225k and the Trax is $215k. For cars you have the Ioniq and Elantra at 215k and $245k respectively for the fully loaded trims. Let's not forget Mr Cerato for around $200k and the two turbo Americans which I won't add any further info on as they got enough info/attention released on this thread.

Now I'm glad there's a little twist to this discussion because, it's funny how fully loaded compact sedans are cheaper than entry level compact crossovers. In terms of value for money you get more on a Ioniq or Cruze etc vs the very little additional ground clearance you get in a silly crossover which is fwd btw, all that to say you're in an "SUV". I would much rather be seen driving a 12 year old design SGV 2.0 4WD over the pretty and fully loaded fwd poser Sportage or Tucson just the same way there are folks out there who prefer a manual 4wd pickup over an automatic one.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » July 18th, 2017, 9:32 am

Right now the most interesting - the 1.6 t Tuscon which is basic SUV with a fantastic engine or the Vitara which is super loaded with a mediocre engine. I can't seem to get both unless I go to a compact car or hatchback.

I also find that even though new cars sales are slow the sellers are not willing to negotiate that much.

If I had the ability to afford more then it would most likely be the Kuga or Sportage GT. The downside with the Kuga is that it uses premium.

If i wait there is a new Qashqai coming in Jan -2018.

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » July 18th, 2017, 10:28 am

New polo. Looks like a mini passat.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 18th, 2017, 11:05 am

Right now my sister looking to change out vehicles after her car was written off after flooding in PoS a few weeks ago.
Her two choices after an extensive search are -
Classic Motors offering the lower end CRV for 289k and Southern Sales with the lower end CX5 for 287k (two years ago when I was looking, this was $325k). Granted the Lower end CX5 has quite an extensive list of features standard.

She doesn't like the CUVs because they so small internally and have written off the Xtrail and Tucson cuz family members already have those and she found the Sportage drive and interior to be weak and cheapy comparatively.
When she went in to Ford, while waiting for the test drive there were two persons there with their Kugas who both spoke of its poor reliability and the poor service from Mcearneys so that was written off.

Other facts she found out -
Diamond's rep say they going to stop bringing in the Outlander.

quattro
Street 2NR

Postby quattro » July 18th, 2017, 11:45 am

Opinions on the best buy for an SUV around 370k?
Thinking about CRV or Q3. Both are relatively outdated designs tho

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » July 18th, 2017, 11:51 am

How come nobody talking about the Rav4?

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » July 18th, 2017, 11:55 am

car wrote:How come nobody talking about the Rav4?

Cuz the Toyotas usually cost more than others but has fewer features? Would only buy a Toyota for reliability and resale value.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 18th, 2017, 12:22 pm

Reliability is a feature

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » July 18th, 2017, 12:33 pm

It really is.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 18th, 2017, 1:33 pm

The RAV4 2.0 2wd starts at $315k. It has 7 standard airbags and the usual power features we expect. 2.0 engines come with dual VVTi technology and a CVT transmission with 7 gear ratios in tiptronic mode. If you want the sunroof, leather seats, fog lights and rear camera etc then prepare to part ways with $385k. If you want 4WD then you will get it with the 2.5 engine (basically a Camry engine) with a conventional torque converter 6AT transmission with manual mode. That my friends will set you back around $425k in fully loaded trim.
I won't recommend buying the current CX5 and CRV right now because we're on the verge of getting the replacement models which have been selling in numerous countries across the globe so it's only a matter of time until fresh stuff reaches our shores. For those inclined in giving TTTL some business, the 2017 Yaris 1.3 and 2017 refreshed Corolla mid spec 1.6 are going for $191k and $250k respectively. Remember tuners, when you go Toyota, reliability and resale value are their trademarks.

Dizzy, I'm really sad to see the Outlander sort of failed locally. It was one of the more spacious vehicles in its class and the 2.4L engine had descent power. Not sure what's up with Mitsubishi on a whole locally but that's a different story for another time.

Talk in the street of Bhagoutie Trace has indicated that the dinosaur Captiva will finally be replaced with the RHD 1.5T 2017 Equinox. Time will tell if this is BS or not.

Bosse
Street 2NR

Postby Bosse » July 18th, 2017, 2:41 pm

agent007 wrote:
Sportage
Xtrail
Kuga

SUV only.

You want equipment levels then the Sportage is a good choice but it's the smallest of the four you mentioned. The Tucson is bigger but has less features. It does have an awd option though. The Xtrail has a descent 4wd system where there is a switch on the center console you can use to lock front and rear torque split. It is also the biggest and more spacious of the four. The one I'll pick is the Kuga, it has awd and starts at $280k and it has all the features you will not miss. It's easy to look pass the panoramic sunroof in the other 3 considering the Ford is priced excellent for the standard features, power and safety you get which imo is more important! If you do not like the Kuga name they will remove the badge for you and replace it with the North American name of "Escape". One thing, you will never hear about is a stolen Escape/Kuga since bandits are afraid of stuff that's mainly not Japanese. You can park in Trincity Mall or any high risk parking lot in this crime riddled country and feel safe! There's no price attached to your safety.

Good info here 007, really was looking at the Kuga but it uses premium kinda a downside.

Also whats the review on the the xtrail hybrid. Price is pretty good only thing is am not too sure about the dealers that brings it down.

ck4star
Street 2NR

Postby ck4star » July 18th, 2017, 3:07 pm

Anyone here owns the new Everest, thinking about selling my wildtrak to purchase it.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » July 18th, 2017, 8:30 pm

^^^ not sure. That may be out of the league of many on this forum. Last price i remember was 425k last September for the low end 2.2 diesel. Iirc the highest end version was over 575k.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » July 18th, 2017, 8:34 pm

car wrote:How come nobody talking about the Rav4?

I have a pdd rav4 3 yrs in august. I agree its pretty lame on the features and dash layout is not as savvy as some other brands. But its a sweet ride and really spacious. Id dare to say most spacious in its class. Back seat is roomy. It was costly, but u r paying for the so called resale value and reliability. Only time will tell on that one tho.

On a diff note i saw on lsm's website that they have the chevy trailblazer. Is that true? Didnt go to showroom to confirm so thats why i am asking.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » July 18th, 2017, 10:07 pm

How come nobody talking about the C-HR?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » July 18th, 2017, 10:33 pm

CHR is a little late to the party, Looks good (subjective) but from reviews it really lacks practicality of other cars in segment.

Also its a toyota ... so there's that. Maybe one day when reliability becomes a major pantie dropping feature.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » July 18th, 2017, 11:07 pm

Whats the chr?

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”