TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby eliteauto » July 21st, 2017, 1:01 pm

I was quoted around $1800 for my first service with Massy. I brought my own oil and the bill dropped to $753. That's a huge difference for 7quarts of oil. By the third service I'll be providing all the oil, oil filter and diesel filter. All filters will be OEM so my service cost will be significantly cheaper while maintaining warranty

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » July 21st, 2017, 1:48 pm

Wey!!! Wah kind of oil Massy using?

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » July 21st, 2017, 1:53 pm

Fellas, Schaeffer seems to be a really good oil for a great price, any opinions?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 21st, 2017, 1:57 pm

ADONI, Massy Machinery (Massy/CAT) formerly Tracmac Engineering off the highway by Chaguanas are the distributors of Castrol lubricants and Massy Motors has been known in the past for using their motor oil.

iM@st@1
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby iM@st@1 » July 21st, 2017, 1:58 pm

nick639v2 wrote:Also point to note 2 wrx I've seen with pdm plates in the last month have their engines gutted ...

You could elaborate a lil further on this?

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » July 21st, 2017, 1:58 pm

I sure is Castrol Massy using, from what Massy CAT selling.
Schaeffer decent, but Boodram keep raising his price...

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » July 21st, 2017, 3:16 pm

eliteauto wrote:I was quoted around $1800 for my first service with Massy. I brought my own oil and the bill dropped to $753. That's a huge difference for 7quarts of oil. By the third service I'll be providing all the oil, oil filter and diesel filter. All filters will be OEM so my service cost will be significantly cheaper while maintaining warranty

I'm suprised they allow you to do that.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » July 21st, 2017, 5:11 pm

car wrote:
eliteauto wrote:I was quoted around $1800 for my first service with Massy. I brought my own oil and the bill dropped to $753. That's a huge difference for 7quarts of oil. By the third service I'll be providing all the oil, oil filter and diesel filter. All filters will be OEM so my service cost will be significantly cheaper while maintaining warranty

Why the surprise?

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » July 21st, 2017, 5:24 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
car wrote:

Why the surprise?

They will loose the mark up on the oil and filter. That means less profit for them.
Next step is to change the oil yourself under their supervision using your tools and save the labour cost. Just pay for the use of the lift.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 21st, 2017, 7:58 pm

agent007 wrote:ADONI, Massy Machinery (Massy/CAT) formerly Tracmac Engineering off the highway by Chaguanas are the distributors of Castrol lubricants and Massy Motors has been known in the past for using their motor oil.

It's Shell on the Tucson

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » July 21st, 2017, 8:02 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
agent007 wrote:ADONI, Massy Machinery (Massy/CAT) formerly Tracmac Engineering off the highway by Chaguanas are the distributors of Castrol lubricants and Massy Motors has been known in the past for using their motor oil.

It's Shell on the Tucson

Try Schaeffer, awesome oil, I use it in my impreza and imo I think it out performs Mobil 1 noticeably.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » July 21st, 2017, 8:07 pm

zando wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

It's Shell on the Tucson

Try Schaeffer, awesome oil, I use it in my impreza and imo I think it out performs Mobil 1 noticeably.

How do you know if one oil "out performs" another oil?

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » July 21st, 2017, 8:10 pm

drchaos wrote:
zando wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

It's Shell on the Tucson

Well I used mobile one religiously and the car was always alrite, I switched to Schaeffer and with just an oil change I noticed a performance increase that I never got with Mobil 1, after that I did a lot of research on Schaeffer and they really impressed me, awesome oil.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » July 21st, 2017, 8:15 pm

What did the manufacturer recommend?

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » July 21st, 2017, 8:29 pm

car wrote:
Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
car wrote:

Why the surprise?

They will loose the mark up on the oil and filter. That means less profit for them.
Next step is to change the oil yourself under their supervision using your tools and save the labour cost. Just pay for the use of the lift.

I hear you but it's common for dealers to allow you to bring the parts yourself and use them. Most just defer to the dealer though but it doesn't have to be that way.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » July 21st, 2017, 9:21 pm

I have seen Kendall quoted on a massy service invoice.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » July 21st, 2017, 9:47 pm

For my van they were gonna use Castrol

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » July 21st, 2017, 10:40 pm

zando wrote:
drchaos wrote:
zando wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

It's Shell on the Tucson

Well I used mobile one religiously and the car was always alrite, I switched to Schaeffer and with just an oil change I noticed a performance increase that I never got with Mobil 1, after that I did a lot of research on Schaeffer and they really impressed me, awesome oil.

Can two synthetic motor oils of the same spec but different branding cause a difference in power output?

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » July 21st, 2017, 10:43 pm

drchaos wrote:
zando wrote:
drchaos wrote:
zando wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

It's Shell on the Tucson

Can two synthetic motor oils of the same spec but different branding cause a difference in power output?

I think it can, if not I think it can make the engine run more efficiently depending on the additives in the oil, like I said I'm seeing a difference that mobil 1 never showed.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 23rd, 2017, 3:29 am

The only difference I see is the amount of money that is wasted... Money that can be better spent on other parts that help performance...

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » July 23rd, 2017, 8:44 am

When I last spoke to someone at NP they said it's a lot of marketing hype and the difference between different branded synthetics chemically are minuscule. They used to blend oils here locally back in the day for some big brands.

quattro
Street 2NR

Postby quattro » July 23rd, 2017, 9:22 am

Thoughts on the harrier from those foreign new dealers? They are around 375
Last edited by quattro on July 24th, 2017, 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » July 23rd, 2017, 9:28 am

quattro wrote:Thoughts on the harrier from those foreign new dealers? They are around 375

Suppose to be good vehicles.

quattro
Street 2NR

Postby quattro » July 23rd, 2017, 9:50 am

Sitting in it felt more upmarket than the CRV n RAV4. Ride was pretty soft n comfy. Wasn't a sports car by any stretch but power felt good enough, similar to the accord but with closer gearing

pablo_tt
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby pablo_tt » July 24th, 2017, 3:37 pm

jumpkickjoe wrote:
pablo_tt wrote:In case anyone wanted to know, doing 10k + on the baleno and have not had any major issue thus far. Only thing to note was the oil drain plus that seemed to be leaking after second service when I brought it home. Went back the next day and LSM and the rectified the issue and apologized profusely.

Going for third service shortly, will update my experience

How you find your rear shocks perform Pablo? I have mine doing 6500 and I find I am feeling every bump in the road. Really looking at changing them. How much did your 10k service cost and what did they do/change?

I usually feel them when I am driving fast and if I have three people in the back, to be honest I don't expect much because due to the cost I expected the compromise to be somewhere. What I have learnt to do is to take bumps a bit slower or avoid them. Usually the feeling of the bumps would mean it's getting closer to service where LSM techs would "tighten suspension components" according to what they put on the bill. I am also certain at this mileage they would want to call for an oil and filter change. I will update when the car goes in as to cost, what was done and how the car performs.

pablo_tt
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby pablo_tt » July 24th, 2017, 3:40 pm

car wrote:
jumpkickjoe wrote:
pablo_tt wrote:In case anyone wanted to know, doing 10k + on the baleno and have not had any major issue thus far. Only thing to note was the oil drain plus that seemed to be leaking after second service when I brought it home. Went back the next day and LSM and the rectified the issue and apologized profusely.

Going for third service shortly, will update my experience

How you find your rear shocks perform Pablo? I have mine doing 6500 and I find I am feeling every bump in the road. Really looking at changing them. How much did your 10k service cost and what did they do/change?

Changing shocks so soon in a new car? Something have to be wrong there. Take it back.

I want to believe it's the car / shocks used. I have just adapted my driving style

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » August 4th, 2017, 1:25 pm

Our friends in BA have been busy lately. Take a sample of their new stock:

2017 VW Amarok 3.0 V6 - to be confirmed

2017 VW Passat 1.8TSI Highline - $415k

Anybody wishing to get this Passat in favour of the starter 3-series, C-Class, A4 or XE will be making a good decision.

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby greggle71 » August 4th, 2017, 5:02 pm

Passat price point - yikes
Last edited by greggle71 on August 4th, 2017, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » August 4th, 2017, 11:19 pm

agent007 wrote:Our friends in BA have been busy lately. Take a sample of their new stock:

2017 VW Amarok 3.0 V6 - to be confirmed

2017 VW Passat 1.8TSI Highline - $415k

Anybody wishing to get this Passat in favour of the starter 3-series, C-Class, A4 or XE will be making a good decision.

Will they? It has a 7 speed dry clutch DSG.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » August 4th, 2017, 11:40 pm

$415k yes.

Yikes in truth

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”