TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

K74T
TunerGod

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby K74T » January 2nd, 2019, 8:55 pm

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » January 3rd, 2019, 1:53 am

K74T wrote:Image
And as soon as it start to sell .. price will increase... bleh.. them stealerships too stink

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » January 3rd, 2019, 4:51 am

That’s business. Build interest by getting some on the road. It’s a odd brand no weight behind it.

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » January 3rd, 2019, 8:46 am

*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:200k for a jimny...and men buyin tha....geez...thats so puzzling.....
Would never pay tah kinda money for that ugly back in time ride

Jimny hard dawg

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » January 3rd, 2019, 10:16 am

telfer wrote:
*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:200k for a jimny...and men buyin tha....geez...thats so puzzling.....
Would never pay tah kinda money for that ugly back in time ride

Jimny hard dawg
Yea it hard with all the accessories.. lol .. not when it basic n expensive

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » January 3rd, 2019, 12:36 pm

:| So is there any vehicle being sold new by local dealers that is "reasonably priced" for what is on offer?

It seems that, from the posts in this thread, every single vehicle being sold new by large and small dealers is a rip-off.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » January 3rd, 2019, 12:39 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote::| So is there any vehicle being sold new by local dealers that is "reasonably priced" for what is on offer?

It seems that, from the posts in this thread, every single vehicle being sold new by large and small dealers is a rip-off.

Haven’t you heard? Once it’s not less than $170,000 it’s a rip off in this thread.

Once it’s cheaper in the US it’s a rip off.

:lol:

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » January 3rd, 2019, 7:46 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
Rory Phoulorie wrote::| So is there any vehicle being sold new by local dealers that is "reasonably priced" for what is on offer?

Haven’t you heard? Once it’s not less than $170,000 it’s a rip off in this thread.

OK now think about this a Honda CRV in Canada which I bought in August was 24,000 the same model CRV in Trinidad is 400,000+ Minus features such as stopAssist ............Yet it’s a 1.5 turbo engine Makin the taxes less

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Postby SLVR1 » January 3rd, 2019, 9:52 pm

telfer wrote:

OK now think about this a Honda CRV in Canada which I bought in August was 24,000 the same model CRV in Trinidad is 400,000+ Minus features such as stopAssist ............Yet it’s a 1.5 turbo engine Makin the taxes less

I am not going into detail, but people need to understand something about car prices (and for that matter imported goods) in TT when comparing to USA and Canada where those countries have manufacturing plants located on home soil or in very close proximity to their market. This alone reduces costs significantly in particular import costs that we must incur.
Businesses in TT must factor into their prices several items which will affect price in particular;
1. The exchange rate (availability, fluctuations in price etc.)
2. Shipping cost i.e. ocean freight
3. Brokerage Fees
4. Insurance (to cover risk via ocean, on the road for registration etc.)
5. Overheads i.e. staff, electricity, rent, showroom, cleaning, phone, internet, advertising etc.
6. Profit (the goal of any business and the only item that may be overdone)

You the regular consumer (not a business buyer) incurs:
1. Motor Vehicle Tax
2. Duty
3. Vat
4. Licensing costs
Therefore, you cannot compare the price of a car produced and sold in Canada/USA to one sold here. When costing, you can payless in one area where maybe the cost of the car went down or the MVT is less but at the same time costs can increase in another area such as the cost of Forex/shipping/insurance and therefore, you can still incur a price increase.

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Postby SLVR1 » January 3rd, 2019, 10:12 pm

Also, calculate bringing in a 5th Gen CRV yourself to TT and try to figure out why so many used car dealers are not engaging in it.

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » January 4th, 2019, 9:07 am

Well duh everyone knows you have overheads to pay but the mark up is ridiculous you sound like you does buss people eye with price the same way......

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » January 4th, 2019, 9:08 am

A 1.5 engine has the lowest tax so how can a 400% profit be normal

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » January 4th, 2019, 11:05 am

we raise the price and sellout

so we will just continue raising the price

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » January 4th, 2019, 11:07 am

telfer wrote:A 1.5 engine has the lowest tax so how can a 400% profit be normal

What price would it be if you imported it and sold it yourself? A RHD CRV with the 1.5.

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Postby SLVR1 » January 4th, 2019, 1:33 pm

telfer wrote:Well duh everyone knows you have overheads to pay but the mark up is ridiculous you sound like you does buss people eye with price the same way......

You don't need to behave like this. What proof you have of 400% profit?
Canada is very expensive and a current model CRV is almost CDN$41,000.00 or TT$213,000.00 (Touring Model) the EXL CDN$38,000 or TT$198,000.00. This is based on the website: https://www.honda.ca/buildyourhonda?mod ... rue#/trims
Also, read everything I posted before and don't focus solely on overheads.

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » January 4th, 2019, 5:27 pm

As I said I purchased one @ 25k

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » January 4th, 2019, 5:28 pm

Brand new

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » January 4th, 2019, 5:30 pm

SLVR1 wrote:
telfer wrote:Well duh everyone knows you have overheads to pay but the mark up is ridiculous you sound like you does buss people eye with price the same way......

Canada is very expensive and a current model CRV is almost CDN$41,000.00 or TT$213,000.00 (Touring Model) the EXL CDN$38,000 or TT$198,000.00. This is based on the website: https://www.honda.ca/buildyourhonda?mod ... rue#/trims

This is why trini is the way it is because people like you just sit there and think it’s ok for these 1% or whoever to fill there pockets and say it’s just

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » January 4th, 2019, 5:31 pm

Oh sorry the wife now correct me it was 27,000

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Postby SLVR1 » January 4th, 2019, 5:46 pm

Congrats on your purchase. BTW I have no clue who you are or what you look like so your pic is not justification and to honest, I do not need your justification. You missed the whole point I was making. I do not have time to argue with you.

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » January 4th, 2019, 6:49 pm

Well it seems so like you just need to justify all the car prices for them dealers ..... so big up you ask for proof I give yuh $153k for the model I purchased let’s say 100k additional for shipping taxes still getting screwed in trini

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » January 4th, 2019, 6:50 pm

telfer wrote:Oh sorry the wife now correct me it was 27,000

Imported this LHD model to Trinidad?

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » January 4th, 2019, 7:09 pm

SLVR1 wrote:

Is that the price the dealers there sell it for you quoting on? Or is that the price the manufacturer sells it for? Cuz you can't quote the vehicle cost plus the dealer mark up to compare the price to see how much profit being made locally

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » January 4th, 2019, 7:39 pm

People need to be cognisant of the fact that North America and Trinidad are completely different markets and competition for sale of products in NA is more aggressive than in our banana republic.

So in Trinidad there is no need to be competitive because as long as people buying overpriced and under specified vehicles, dealerships will sell them at the current prices.

As with many other things in our island, if persons and consumers stand up for something, things will change.

So I don't necessarily agree that we are comparing apples with apples in the previous posts, as there are many factors, some clearly stated, that explain why there are vast price differences.

Yes we pay alot for pretty lame vehicles but we will continue to do so because of our culture and economic structure.

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » January 4th, 2019, 7:54 pm

telfer wrote:Oh sorry the wife now correct me it was 27,000

Imported this LHD model to Trinidad?

Nope.... bought it in July as we needed a new vehicle there

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Postby SLVR1 » January 4th, 2019, 8:23 pm

carluva wrote:People need to be cognisant of the fact that North America and Trinidad are completely different markets and competition for sale of products in NA is more aggressive than in our banana republic.

So in Trinidad there is no need to be competitive because as long as people buying overpriced and under specified vehicles, dealerships will sell them at the current prices.

As with many other things in our island, if persons and consumers stand up for something, things will change.

So I don't necessarily agree that we are comparing apples with apples in the previous posts, as there are many factors, some clearly stated, that explain why there are vast price differences.

Yes we pay alot for pretty lame vehicles but we will continue to do so because of our culture and economic structure.

Thank you.

cryotec
3NE 2NR for life

Postby cryotec » January 7th, 2019, 4:49 pm

Using telfer's figures, assuming price is in CAD:

27000 (cost of car) + 3000 (shipping) = 30000 CAD or 155k TTD

MVT = 0 as CC < 1599
Custom = 155000 x 0.2 = 31000
VAT = (155000+31000) x 0.125 = 23250

Final price = $209,250. If we assume the 310k model here is equivalent to the one that telfer bought, the margin is ~50%. If we consider that the cost of the car and shipping is likely to be less, then it probably will be more.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » January 7th, 2019, 5:58 pm

the CAD you using is the price to the customer in Canada after dealer markup.

the profit is therefore much more than 50 percent
cryotec wrote:Using telfer's figures, assuming price is in CAD:

MVT = 0 as CC < 1599

Final price = $209,250. If we assume the 310k model here is equivalent to the one that telfer bought, the margin is ~50%. If we consider that the cost of the car and shipping is likely to be less, then it probably will be more.

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » January 7th, 2019, 7:01 pm

PariaMan wrote:the CAD you using is the price to the customer in Canada after dealer markup.

the profit is therefore much more than 50 percent
cryotec wrote:Using telfer's figures, assuming price is in CAD:

MVT = 0 as CC < 1599

Correct Ansa is already getting dealer price plus the shipping will be less because the amount being bought in one time .....no matter how yuh look at it they making a killing

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Postby SLVR1 » January 7th, 2019, 10:15 pm

This is the US Invoice Price to Dealers. I could not locate a CDN version. It is self explanatory and taken at face value. Remember US/CDN$1000 discount is a lot of money for the average buyer and same for a Canadian buyer. For us this amount is not as significant because of what we are accustomed to when it comes to buying a car. Therefore, the purchase price for us would seem favorable but we do not live in North America and most of us want a RHD car to drive here with. Are you driving your Canadian built and purchased CRV in TT or in Canada? You cannot simply say a car is so affordable in the US or CDN because for them these cars are expensive just as we here say for ours. Cryotec said "assuming" for calculation purposes and to show a possibility vs pure speculation and simply saying 400% profit as Telfer posted earlier. Remember as posted by Carluva markets are different and North America i.e. USA and Canada are far more competitive with many dealerships. Also, better discounts are given on old/slow stock when newer versions are expected.

If Cryo were to use the USD Invoice/Dealer figure with the assumption for shipping I wonder what the outlook would be? We do not have the invoice figures that the local dealer will get so we are basically making an estimation on what we can get. It sounds to me some are suggesting the local dealer gets these cars far cheaper that those produced in the country for which they are marketed. I am not defending the local dealer by any means. You choose how to spend your money and that is your right vs simply saying who makes too much on what with no actual/factual/documented evidence.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”