TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Aaron123
Riding on 13's

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Aaron123 » March 20th, 2012, 7:04 pm

does anyone here hv news on the audi q3? like its price and wen it will become available in TnT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_DWfMyD98I--audi q3 vid

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » March 21st, 2012, 9:02 am

I am surprised 1 or 2 of you all accepting a 160k indian pickup with non existent crash safety, a decade + old technology, no features, lackluster diesel engines, no build quality, no local support yet, no resale value and with an ugly factor that would make a pontiac aztek blush.

I guess i got my answer wrt why people buy 180k steel rim and black door handle basic corollas which btw is now 185k. you all never cared to recognize the ssang yong actyon sports or the great wall wingle?

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » March 21st, 2012, 10:24 am

But it always have people biggin up the wingle on tuner, especially the new version.. It's actually not that bad imho. Good for the price.

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » March 21st, 2012, 4:11 pm

acesinghit wrote:I am surprised 1 or 2 of you all accepting a 160k indian pickup with non existent crash safety, a decade + old technology, no features, lackluster diesel engines, no build quality, no local support yet, no resale value and with an ugly factor that would make a pontiac aztek blush.

I guess i got my answer wrt why people buy 180k steel rim and black door handle basic corollas which btw is now 185k. you all never cared to recognize the ssang yong actyon sports or the great wall wingle?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually find the ssang yong actyon sports nice. Funny thing is Mahindra owns and makes Ssang Yong vehicles :shock: :shock: .
Their Tractors are also the #1 selling tractors in the world. I guess if their quality was poor it would not have been so :roll: .

Have you ever been in a Mahindra? When I was doing some research in the forests in the central range, my supervisor had an old model Mahindra bolero that he brought with him from India, and it was able to go places (with load) that those LN106 hilux 4x4's couldn't make, and for an old vehicle it was pretty comfortable. smh....

I don't understand what you mean by having no features, it is fully powered(windows,locks,mirrors),abs,dual airbags,front and rear lsd (something most other pickups lack). :? Didn't see any spaceship package though.

NR8, the new wingle is pretty good. I find it looks nice too.
Last edited by aidan on March 21st, 2012, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nes123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nes123 » March 21st, 2012, 8:04 pm

Don't underestimate the Ssany Yong...maybe Korean, but its got mercedes technology under there....its better than some of the JDM 4x4s off road also..just saying

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » March 21st, 2012, 8:29 pm

nes123 wrote:Don't underestimate the Ssany Yong...maybe Korean, but its got mercedes technology under there....its better than some of the JDM 4x4s off road also..just saying

Mahindra now owns their majority (since 2011) and have since acquired relevant technology. :D

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby scotty_buttons » March 21st, 2012, 10:31 pm

Aaron123 wrote:does anyone here hv news on the audi q3? like its price and wen it will become available in TnT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_DWfMyD98I--audi q3 vid

Whats the price of the q3?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » March 22nd, 2012, 8:45 am

nes123 wrote:Don't underestimate the Ssany Yong...maybe Korean, but its got mercedes technology under there....its better than some of the JDM 4x4s off road also..just saying

Yeah Sterling gave me one those for a week, ugly on the outside, but it drive pretty well on the highway. I was easily doing 160km/h and not feeling like the rear flapping in the wind. Plus the fuel economy was excellent.

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » March 22nd, 2012, 9:57 am

Have been seeing many 2012 CRVs on the roads recently. Must be cheap :roll: anyone know?

On the flip-side, the "new civic" hasn't appeared to be selling very well :lol:

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » March 22nd, 2012, 3:31 pm

Saw the new Civic on the road in Tobago yesterday, not gonna lie it looked good, the only thing that spoiled it for me was the after market chrome rims that the owner put on.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » March 22nd, 2012, 6:32 pm

Stephon. wrote:Saw the new Civic on the road in Tobago yesterday, not gonna lie it looked good, the only thing that spoiled it for me was the after market chrome rims that the owner put on.

That makes it faster than d Mazda 3

pyung99
Trinituner Peong

Postby pyung99 » March 22nd, 2012, 7:49 pm

it has 20ish hp more than the mazda

:drinking:

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » March 22nd, 2012, 7:52 pm

Speed isn't a factor to me lol

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » March 27th, 2012, 11:17 am

aidan wrote:
acesinghit wrote:I am surprised 1 or 2 of you all accepting a 160k indian pickup with non existent crash safety, a decade + old technology, no features, lackluster diesel engines, no build quality, no local support yet, no resale value and with an ugly factor that would make a pontiac aztek blush.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually find the ssang yong actyon sports nice. Funny thing is Mahindra owns and makes Ssang Yong vehicles :shock: :shock: .
Their Tractors are also the #1 selling tractors in the world. I guess if their quality was poor it would not have been so :roll: .

Have you ever been in a Mahindra? When I was doing some research in the forests in the central range, my supervisor had an old model Mahindra bolero that he brought with him from India, and it was able to go places (with load) that those LN106 hilux 4x4's couldn't make, and for an old vehicle it was pretty comfortable. smh....

I don't understand what you mean by having no features, it is fully powered(windows,locks,mirrors),abs,dual airbags,front and rear lsd (something most other pickups lack). :? Didn't see any spaceship package though.

NR8, the new wingle is pretty good. I find it looks nice too.

x2 those mahindra's are tough. Got a test drive in one and heard from some of the guys who took one through its paces on a local rally stage.

I really thinking of getting them for my company fleet especially with a starting price @ $154,575 for the 2.5 Turbo Diesel 4x4 and a 3/yr/ 100,000warranty.

http://lifestylemotors.com/browse-vehic ... o-pick-up/

No re-sale and ugly as ass doesnt bother me when Im carrying 6 kegs of diesel and 4 workers behind god back on the worst roads Trinidad has to offer. I honestly think as a work horse, the mahindra is really tough to beat and could be claimed as the best deal available for a pick-up.

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » March 27th, 2012, 5:57 pm

^^ I'd prefer the Ford Ranger though. :oops: Someone had posted a pic of their baby blur 2010 Ranger on tuner, lord have mercy!

Only turnoff really is the firm.

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » March 27th, 2012, 8:18 pm

pyung99 wrote:it has 20ish hp more than the mazda

what the honda has in hp it loses in handling....it'll never tie up a 3 on a track :wink:

pyung99
Trinituner Peong

Postby pyung99 » March 28th, 2012, 9:19 am

acesinghit wrote:
pyung99 wrote:it has 20ish hp more than the mazda

what the honda has in hp it loses in handling....it'll never tie up a 3 on a track :wink:

just hit ivtec yo! :twisted:

FMA340
Ricer

Postby FMA340 » April 6th, 2012, 12:29 am

Is the 2012 Mazda BT-50 in Trinidad yet? I heard it would have been, before the end of last year, but I haven't seen any on the roads....

suffocate69
3NE 2NR for life

Postby suffocate69 » April 7th, 2012, 3:05 pm

Anyonee know the cost of the ranger Wildtrak either from M Rampersad or the firm?

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » April 7th, 2012, 3:16 pm

Dealership prices:

Standard Duratorq diesel 2.2L (153hp) $259k

Fully loaded with the below spec is $325k I believe

• 3.2L (198hp) engine
• 6-speed multitronic automatic transmission withsport mode
• 800-mm (31.5”) wading depth
• Towing capacity: certified 7,385 lbs.
• Payload capacity: 1 ton
• Electronic shift-on-the-fly technology
• 4-wheel ABS with EBD
• 4.2” colour display AM//FM/MP3/CD/auxiliary USB input jack with 6 speakers.
• Limited-slip differential with rear diff lock
• 6 Air Bags
• Bluetooth connectivity/ Voice command controls (Ltd. Edition)
• 17” x 8” aluminum wheels
• Automatic wipers and headlamps
• Steering wheel audio controls
• Volumetric alarm/ Immobilizer/ Keyless Entry

suffocate69
3NE 2NR for life

Postby suffocate69 » April 8th, 2012, 4:01 pm

Thanks noshownogo, what features does the $259k 2.2L come with?

Aaron123
Riding on 13's

Postby Aaron123 » April 8th, 2012, 9:48 pm

Just saw the Audi Q3 on Audi's Trinidad website:http://www.audi.com.tt/aola/brand/en_tt/models/Q3/q3.html

I wish they had they price though.Does anyone know the price?? I would love to know.

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » April 8th, 2012, 11:05 pm

Yeah I asked that same question a couple posts . Dont think anyone knows..:lol:
If I get time this week I'll check southern sales

ATIL
Riding on 13's

Postby ATIL » April 11th, 2012, 6:16 pm

So Subaru & Mazda > Toyota & Honda....interesting

http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/20 ... cards.html

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » April 11th, 2012, 6:23 pm

Very true

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » April 11th, 2012, 6:34 pm

How much is the Kia koup now?
Any reviews?

DSM_05
Riding on 16's

Postby DSM_05 » April 11th, 2012, 9:17 pm

Drove one recently. 1.6 auto 6 speed.

195K last I heard. Good power all things considered (125 or so horsepower) and it has a 6 speed transmission which has decent ratio spacing. while driving, it felt a bit quicker than say, the corolla and tiida I had driven some time aback. and that makes sense.

car feels a bit heavy during cornering, but it is quite planted, even on the oem tyres. i think some stickier tyres might complement the car well. fit and finish is pretty good as well, ride is a bit firm, but nothing unbearable in my view.

car has a low seating position, but that is expected for a coupe of that nature. it has decent space inside as well. lots of space in front, and a normal sized adult can actually fit in the back as well without major cramping.

For me:

POSITIVES

- decent power plant, nice transmission. Engine can be a bit hard on the ears at high rpm
- nice multifunction display on the dash. gives mileage, temperature, km to empty etc etc
- built in reverse sensors with graphic sensor depiction (gives an indication as to which side of the car is near to an object)
- nice seating position
- good fit and finish (miles better than the corolla, not as good as a mazda 3 I'd say)

NEGATIVES
- pricey for what it is.
- elantra has a newer version to the engine in the koup, and it makes 5 more hp
- doors a bit heavy...but they are big so it's not unexpected
- zippy, but it's not an actual fast car.
- 6 speed trans is good, but I find the ratio spacing a bit odd. there's still a big-ish jump from 2nd to 3rd.
- I feel the elantra outshines this car for a similar price.

Would I buy one, well, if I had the cash, probably not.

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » April 11th, 2012, 10:08 pm

Excellent review there DSM!

What I thought of recently this.. Concerning the new Korean vehicles.. It's been about a yr or so now since their 'makeover'?..Is it too soon to find out how is he reliability because that's the big issue with most ppl concerning Kia and Hyundai vehicles.. That they don't last and they aren't reliable..I should probably wait another 2 or 3 years :lol:

DSM_05
Riding on 16's

Postby DSM_05 » April 12th, 2012, 9:59 am

Well two people who work with me have them. Ceratos (sedans), and they have no problems with them. Their cars are PCN and PCR respectively. So they have some age on them already.

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » April 12th, 2012, 10:10 am

Well I said in this thread before, around divali time I went to some friends house in curepe and a Tucson in front of me had to reverse and his hazard lights came on, then he came out of his vehicle and said his transmission isn't moving to go into reverse. It was a PCP. He eventually got it to move though.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”