TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

agent007
punchin NOS

Re: New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby agent007 » October 28th, 2017, 8:24 am

^^^
Nissan NV350
manual - $309k
Auto - $319k

Currently the Kia Niro is $225k but there is a special offer for a limited time only where customers can get it for $220k. It’s one model only and it has fabric seats, manual operated drivers seat adjustments, FWD and has no spare tyre. The sunroof is the regular small version not the panoramic type seen in some international websites. It does have 18” rims, mud guards, 7 airbags, rear camera, parking sensors (front and rear), touch screen stereo (5” screen) sorry no apple car play or android auto. It has rear led tail lamps, front projectors with xenon HID and led drl’s, power folding mirrors, blind spot monitoring with rear cross traffic alert and the typical power features.

The doors felt unlike any South Korean product I’ve ever had the opportunity to check out in great detail locally before. It honestly felt European. Vehicle seems well built and despite its smallish nature, it is quite roomy for what it is. It’s about the size of a Mercedes Benz GLA crossover for over $160k less.

Please note, the engine is NOT the Hyundai/Kia Gamma 1.6 MPi found in vehicles like the Accent, Elantra, Veloster, Soul and Cerato. It’s the Kappa 1.6 GDi engine using direct injection vs multi point fuel injection. In addition the motor runs on the more eco friendly Atkinson combustion cycle vs the more widely used Otto cycle. The engine is a bit weak in output at 104hp thereabouts but what makes it a little more special is the electric motor pairing. So don’t go adding an elantra’s output to the electric motor output (43hp) and combine total system power just so. Kia says total combined output is around 139hp which is the same as my former Chevy Cruze 1.8. The Niro would embarrass that car nevertheless because of the dual clutch gearbox and the torque factor. Motor Trend got 0-60mph in 8.7s and Car and Driver did same in 8.6s. It can safely reach 100kmph from a standstill in just under 10s making this Hybrid crossover on par with many 2.0L mid size sedans and crossover SUVs. So I won’t call it fast but it’s no dead horse either.

Given the above, the big question is:

The Hyundai Ioniq is $215k for the fully loaded and $185k for basic which used to be $210k and $170k respectively. Which would you choose?

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » October 28th, 2017, 9:14 am

100kmph = 62mph

O-60 mph = 8.6/8.7 secs, but 0-100kmph = just under 10secs?

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » October 28th, 2017, 9:38 am

Extra gear shift might be needed to get to 62 mph vs 60 mph.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » October 28th, 2017, 9:07 pm

Just be really careful when quoting American 0 to 60 times ... Our market get different cars with different states of engine tune.
We tend to get the same vehicles as Australia and Malaysia.

Eg. US Civic 1.5 Turbo 0 to 60 time is in the 6 second range and the model that T&T, Malaysia and Australia gets is in the 8 second range.

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » October 30th, 2017, 8:39 am

agent007 wrote:..... the big question is:

The Hyundai Ioniq is $215k for the fully loaded and $185k for basic which used to be $210k and $170k respectively. Which would you choose?

Niro sounds like a better deal to me.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 30th, 2017, 6:36 pm

Anyone wishing to get the new Xtrail Hybrid better do so quickly before the remaining stock amongst several dealers are finished. Many dealers are keeping the low $237k to $240k price tag for the fully loaded 2wd 2017 model. A few as I mentioned before pushed the price up to as high as $275k. Now i do not want to call names as I do not wish to highlight or endorse any of them but there is a particular dealer in Diego Martin which currently has the 2018 refreshed model for $265k and some more on the way. The dealer closest to GCM up on the hill has the 2018 refresh Autech 4wd model which comes with twin mufflers and 19” rims. That one you can get for $295k. So whether it’s 2017 or 2018 refresh, all brand new Xtrail Hybrids have a price gap between dealers of $237k all the way up to $325k.

Used 2015/2016 models are in stock by some dealers for just under $200k. Lap them up quick whether new or used before the price heads north of $400k. Remember, IIRC, if you intend to make a brand new Xtrail hybrid purchase soon including for the Accord Hybrid, CHR, Prius, Axela, Serena, Voxy, Odyssey, 330e, 530e, X5 40e, C350e, E350e and XV, the vehicle must be landed, cleared and licensed in Trinidad pretty much before Christmas Eve (as you know how the Ports and Licensing would move then - possible delays). If your vehicle is not on the way already then there is a higher chance of a big hard luck as the days go by.

If however you were looking at a Fit Hybrid, Vezel Hybrid, Axio/Fielder Hybrid, Aqua and the local cousins (Ioniq and Niro) then you have nothing to worry about as they are unaffected. If you were considering the Harrier, RAV4 and Camry Hybrids which are all 2.5L then those prices should remain around the same since the increased taxes were already applied to these three in the last budget.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » October 30th, 2017, 6:59 pm

^^^^

Who selling 2.5 L RAV4 ?

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » October 30th, 2017, 7:17 pm

RedVEVO wrote:^^^^

Who selling 2.5 L RAV4 ?

These can be special order from Toyota. 4wd version. $400k+

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » October 30th, 2017, 7:20 pm

agent007 wrote:Anyone wishing to get the new Xtrail Hybrid better do so quickly before the remaining stock amongst several dealers are finished. Many dealers are keeping the low $237k to $240k price tag for the fully loaded 2wd 2017 model. A few as I mentioned before pushed the price up to as high as $275k. Now i do not want to call names as I do not wish to highlight or endorse any of them but there is a particular dealer in Diego Martin which currently has the 2018 refreshed model for $265k and some more on the way. The dealer closest to GCM up on the hill has the 2018 refresh Autech 4wd model which comes with twin mufflers and 19” rims. That one you can get for $295k. So whether it’s 2017 or 2018 refresh, all brand new Xtrail Hybrids have a price gap between dealers of $237k all the way up to $325k.

Used 2015/2016 models are in stock by some dealers for just under $200k. Lap them up quick whether new or used before the price heads north of $400k. Remember, IIRC, if you intend to make a brand new Xtrail hybrid purchase soon including for the Accord Hybrid, CHR, Prius, Axela, Serena, Voxy, Odyssey, 330e, 530e, X5 40e, C350e, E350e and XV, the vehicle must be landed, cleared and licensed in Trinidad pretty much before Christmas Eve (as you know how the Ports and Licensing would move then - possible delays). If your vehicle is not on the way already then there is a higher chance of a big hard luck as the days go by.

If however you were looking at a Fit Hybrid, Vezel Hybrid, Axio/Fielder Hybrid, Aqua and the local cousins (Ioniq and Niro) then you have nothing to worry about as they are unaffected. If you were considering the Harrier, RAV4 and Camry Hybrids which are all 2.5L then those prices should remain around the same since the increased taxes were already applied to these three in the last budget.

James , what are the prices ?

agent007
punchin NOS

New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby agent007 » October 30th, 2017, 7:35 pm

TTTL used to sell the RAV4 2.5 4WD which came with a 6AT transmission as opposed to the current popular seller the 2WD 2.0 CVT. That 2.5 was $428k and I was told can fetch up to $550k now on special order. I refuse to accept that figure though but it doesn’t matter because they simply do not bring it. For the 2.5s that actually made it in the country, the TTPS got many of them. As in the 2.0’s, the 2.5 also had basic, mid and high spec models.

In my post above I was referring to the RAV4 Hybrid which is a 2.5L and these AFAIK were never imported by TTTL. The one I saw was brought in by a private dealer. It’s basically a cheaper Harrier, same chassis and drivetrain! I saw one particular alternative dealership in Cunupia selling the Camry Hybrid 2.5 for $250k. The dealer close to Gulf City have/had the Harrier 2.5 Hybrid for around $468k thereabouts and I have no idea what the RAV4 hybrid sold for (only saw 1) so it appears there’s not many on the roads. I would encourage someone in the market for a midsize crossover SUV to seriously check out the Harrier Hybrid. IMO it is far superior to a Santa Fe and Sorento. Sorento fully loaded now is $495k! Believe me, that new Harrier deserves a Lexus symbol and not a Toyota.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » October 30th, 2017, 7:57 pm

goalpost wrote:Yeah I called them. It's with 40% down payment

40% down and at that installment alone is 261k...

So them maths... Is ok

iM@st@1
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby iM@st@1 » October 30th, 2017, 8:17 pm

550K for a Rav4, GTFO

They could keep that

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » October 30th, 2017, 8:24 pm

iM@st@1 wrote:550K for a Rav4, GTFO

They could keep that

Twice!!!

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » October 30th, 2017, 8:53 pm

iM@st@1 wrote:550K for a Rav4, GTFO

They could keep that

It have some men buying that for they side gyul normal normal.

ACT DA FOOL
Sweet on this forum

Postby ACT DA FOOL » November 2nd, 2017, 8:21 am

agent007 wrote:^^^

Currently the Kia Niro is $225k but there is a special offer for a limited time only where customers can get it for $220k. It’s one model only and it has fabric seats, manual operated drivers seat adjustments, FWD and has no spare tyre. The sunroof is the regular small version not the panoramic type seen in some international websites. It does have 18” rims, mud guards, 7 airbags, rear camera, parking sensors (front and rear), touch screen stereo (5” screen) sorry no apple car play or android auto. It has rear led tail lamps, front projectors with xenon HID and led drl’s, power folding mirrors, blind spot monitoring with rear cross traffic alert and the typical power features.

The doors felt unlike any South Korean product I’ve ever had the opportunity to check out in great detail locally before. It honestly felt European. Vehicle seems well built and despite its smallish nature, it is quite roomy for what it is. It’s about the size of a Mercedes Benz GLA crossover for over $160k less.

Please note, the engine is NOT the Hyundai/Kia Gamma 1.6 MPi found in vehicles like the Accent, Elantra, Veloster, Soul and Cerato. It’s the Kappa 1.6 GDi engine using direct injection vs multi point fuel injection. In addition the motor runs on the more eco friendly Atkinson combustion cycle vs the more widely used Otto cycle. The engine is a bit weak in output at 104hp thereabouts but what makes it a little more special is the electric motor pairing. So don’t go adding an elantra’s output to the electric motor output (43hp) and combine total system power just so. Kia says total combined output is around 139hp which is the same as my former Chevy Cruze 1.8. The Niro would embarrass that car nevertheless because of the dual clutch gearbox and the torque factor. Motor Trend got 0-60mph in 8.7s and Car and Driver did same in 8.6s. It can safely reach 100kmph from a standstill in just under 10s making this Hybrid crossover on par with many 2.0L mid size sedans and crossover SUVs. So I won’t call it fast but it’s no dead horse either.

WOW.. ALOT more information than what I got from KiA Trinidad / SSL via email. After asking for information such as if they are offering different specs of Niro, all i got was a "check the website" response... The service in Trinidad is a real turn off.

Also, dating sites bot above gave me the luls

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 2nd, 2017, 8:46 am

ACT DA FOOL wrote:
agent007 wrote:^^^

WOW.. ALOT more information than what I got from KiA Trinidad / SSL via email. After asking for information such as if they are offering different specs of Niro, all i got was a "check the website" response... The service in Trinidad is a real turn off.

Also, dating sites bot above gave me the luls
I went to ssl to get info on a vehicle and the sales rep gave in depth info and could answer any questions I answered. I was really amazed.
That and he could remember customers off the top of his head as well.
He is a gear head.

ACT DA FOOL
Sweet on this forum

Postby ACT DA FOOL » November 2nd, 2017, 8:59 am

^ that's great to hear. Impressive they are better in person. On their website, there's an option to request a quote and other details, so my request is pretty clear. The attachment is the correspondence that followed.
Attachments
info.PNG

mtec
Street 2NR

Postby mtec » November 2nd, 2017, 1:54 pm

LOL that's stupidity in its highest form. How more specific could you be?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 2nd, 2017, 9:32 pm

That person could work for digicel

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 3rd, 2017, 10:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
After all that noise that Toyota made that the 2.8 engine is not for our market and cannot stand up to our fuel ... they started selling Hilux's with that said engine

They have a test drive event this weekend for the 2.4L and 2.8L hilux and the Rav 4

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » November 4th, 2017, 4:45 am

I saw that in the papers yesterday. I remember when the hilux now launched though, they said they would eventually bring the 2.8 model

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 4th, 2017, 11:54 am

Perhaps it’s because in the grand scheme of things TTTL doesn’t have a choice in the matter? Toyota would not lose much if anything at all if those 2.8 engines are seeing troubles in our market anyway. It most likely will be covered up under, marketing, PR and CSR. Besides, TTTL numbers are quite low for a while now so they need to come up with many strategies to boost sales.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » November 4th, 2017, 1:45 pm

The 2.8 has the same requirements as the 3.0. Toyota international has always said the new engines will be phased in. Local Toyota was just trying a spin to boost sales. Some people bought it hook line and sinker.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » November 4th, 2017, 1:47 pm

Those 2 engines are a vast improvement I pity the dumb asses who bought an 11 year old engine on a new brand vehicle

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 4th, 2017, 2:36 pm

PariaMan wrote:Those 2 engines are a vast improvement I pity the dumb asses who bought an 11 year old engine on a new brand vehicle

To most people... tried and tested beats new and "iffy" anyday.

I for one wish i could get a new qd32 for my frontier. 20 years on the market and still going strong....

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » November 4th, 2017, 3:01 pm

So any news on why Nissan doesn't have the ys23 2.3 in their np300

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » November 4th, 2017, 5:33 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:
PariaMan wrote:Those 2 engines are a vast improvement I pity the dumb asses who bought an 11 year old engine on a new brand vehicle

I for one wish i could get a new qd32 for my frontier. 20 years on the market and still going strong....

Let's not embrace new tech let's use vines for transport

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 4th, 2017, 9:49 pm

PariaMan wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:

Let's not embrace new tech let's use vines for transport

You don't get it ... If you are an early adopter to any new tech you are the beta tester. Some people prefer to go with the older tech with a proven track record and there is nothing wrong with that.

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » November 5th, 2017, 4:05 pm

drchaos wrote:
boxy wrote:What's a Raj?

Racist term for a indo-Trini with a van.
So after a month of learning this new term a Man name Raj became this weekends Facebook Star. -.- driving a van no less wtmc

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » November 5th, 2017, 4:20 pm

boxy wrote:
drchaos wrote:
boxy wrote:What's a Raj?

Racist term for a indo-Trini with a van.
So after a month of learning this new term a Man name Raj became this weekends Facebook Star. -.- driving a van no less wtmc

:lol:

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”