TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

agent007
punchin NOS

Re: T&T OFFICIAL new vehicle prices and discussion thread

Postby agent007 » June 22nd, 2018, 11:14 pm

Carluva, it was a random photo. I understand that the Rush was advertised in today's papers for the first time. In terms of 7 seaters there's quite a few of them in the market besides the Rush including Fortuner, Land Cruiser Prado, Land Cruiser, Xtrail Exclusive 7 seat, Pathfinder, Outlander, Pajero, Ertiga, APV, MUX, Captiva, Trailblazer, Everest, Santa Fe, H-1 and Sorento. In the roro market theres the Sienta, Voxy, Previa, Alphard, Serena, Elgrand, Odyssey and some strange Mazda that i cant remember the name off hand. I'm sure I may be forgetting some. Many are available via special order as due to price and forex issues, dealers don't readily stock some.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » June 23rd, 2018, 12:24 am

PariaMan wrote:But look like more for big family people

Good luck trying to go up a hill with your family on board in a large SUV with around 100 HP.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » June 23rd, 2018, 2:13 am

drchaos wrote:
PariaMan wrote:But look like more for big family people

Good luck trying to go up a hill with your family on board in a large SUV with around 100 HP.
Luck not required... torque, gearing and weight of family however will determine if it can or can't make it up said hill...

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » June 23rd, 2018, 7:48 am

agent007 wrote:Carluva, it was a random photo. I understand that the Rush was advertised in today's papers for the first time. In terms of 7 seaters there's quite a few of them in the market besides the Rush including Fortuner, Land Cruiser Prado, Land Cruiser, Xtrail Exclusive 7 seat, Pathfinder, Outlander, Pajero, Ertiga, APV, MUX, Captiva, Trailblazer, Everest, Santa Fe, H-1 and Sorento. In the roro market theres the Sienta, Voxy, Previa, Alphard, Serena, Elgrand, Odyssey and some strange Mazda that i cant remember the name off hand. I'm sure I may be forgetting some. Many are available via special order as due to price and forex issues, dealers don't readily stock some.

Yes, i know we have quite a few seven seaters available. Its juts that on the new vehicle side, its strictly SUVs, whereas Minivans are predominantly available RORO. The rush looks to be a Compact SUV.

So it'd be nice to see some more minivans on the new market since many of the seven seater SUVs, for example the xtrail, are really waste of time as they squeezed a third row into the boot space of the vehicle. And the big SUVs are just too freaking expensive.

So IMO, its good to see another player introducing what could well be affordable seven seater options to persons. We'll have to wait and see.

On a diff note, TTTL seems to be trying some different tactics for different market segments with this rush and the small agya. Curious how these will sell, especially the agya which is so small and underwhelming.

agent007
punchin NOS

T&T OFFICIAL new vehicle prices and discussion thread

Postby agent007 » June 23rd, 2018, 10:26 am

There are many old Toyota land cruisers and Nissan patrols with small petrol engines with 100hp thereabouts and you would be surprised where those land tanks made it to that the modern turbo CRV will dream to go.
Carluva, the Kia Carnival aka Sedona is one beautiful minivan. I was tempted to ask the brand manager in charge of Kia at SS whether it is a vehicle that can be special ordered into the country. If it’s possible, expect to pay close to half mil like the Sorento or buy a 2014 roro Voxy or Serena for $190k.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » June 23rd, 2018, 5:22 pm

The only new dealership minivan available currently is the Hyundai H1, when I was shopping around I enquired about the Kia Carnival and was told I can't get it even as a special order, I was leaning to the Alphard but went with the H1 because with my tax breaks I was getting a new, diesel large minivan ( nothing locally is bigger unless you buy a maxi style Hiace/Caravan) for a price way less than a used Alphard. Btw it comes equipped with 12 seats which you remove 3 before licensing so you end up with a 9 seat ( 8 passenger ) vehicle with tons of legroom, very nice power/torque, and configurable seating that includes first row captains chairs (GLS model). Admittedly it took a while for it to grow on me looks wise but I have no regrets buying it, plus there are tons of accessories available for personalisation. The price for reg buyers is prohibitive though last I heard it was over $350K

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 23rd, 2018, 5:51 pm

Elite, I agree. The H1 is lovely but I guess that price is based on the fact that it's a 2.5? Right now as I mentioned earlier, a roro Serena 2.0 hybrid and Voxy 1.8 hybrid for around $175-190k are not bad propositions.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » June 24th, 2018, 9:29 am

Yup it's a 2.5, plus Massy saw a huge uptick in sales after a showroom manager put one on display in Morvant in 2016. She was asked why put such a huge vehicle in the showroom ( note it's not displayed elsewhere, nor is there even one to test drive). That resulted in 7 being sold in less than 2 weeks, now it's an order only vehicle. The demand especially in the transport industry drove prices up as Massy saw a new open demographic

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 26th, 2018, 11:56 pm

Well my friends, just as I told you all numerous times before about vehicles coming to our shores and it came through, I have another one for you. I concluded a short convo very recently with someone from ANSA and that person said to expect the arrival of the 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross 1.5T fwd crossover soon. I actually have a soft spot for little Mitsubishi so I’m hoping this is true and it brings back some needed attention to the brand. Knowing ANSA, they will position it below the CRV but above the Kuga so I’m estimating a worse case scenario price in fully loaded form to be around $350k. What you guys think?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » June 27th, 2018, 2:02 am

^^ its like a mitsu-juke sizing?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 27th, 2018, 6:26 am

Oh no Nick! The eclipse cross is actually bigger than the juke, kicks and qashqai crossovers. This new mitsu is about the size of the gen1 xtrail t30 classic!

arsenal32
Street 2NR

Postby arsenal32 » June 27th, 2018, 1:05 pm

so it'll compete with the qashqai, sportage, etc. Once it's priced similarly as the others its really buyers choice. Mitsu should price it at the lower end to penetrate imo. Maybe a hybrid option too?

Street 2NR

Postby Registered User » June 27th, 2018, 1:44 pm

Good news about the Cross coming, it looks like a nice alternative in the small/midsize crossover segment. It is bigger than the juke but seems similar to the qashqai's dimensions (about an inch longer and an inch narrower). It looks quite competitive in other markets where the qashqai usually dominates but has a much lower pricetag to help. Lets hope ANSA prices it as such and that the rear does not look as aztek-y in person as in pictures

eurotuner
12 pounds of Boost

Postby eurotuner » June 29th, 2018, 10:42 am

How much for the new jag suv e-pace going for locally?

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » June 29th, 2018, 2:54 pm

eurotuner wrote:How much for the new jag suv e-pace going for locally?
$699,000

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » June 29th, 2018, 5:57 pm

arsenal32 wrote:so it'll compete with the qashqai, sportage, etc. Once it's priced similarly as the others its really buyers choice. Mitsu should price it at the lower end to penetrate imo. Maybe a hybrid option too?

Qashqai and sportage are in different classes.
Current Xtrail and Sportage are the same class
Qashqai and Niro are the same class

The Cross fits between the ASX and Outlander in terms of size. So it’ll more compete with the Qashqai, CHR and Niro and HRV, etc. although it’s bigger than most of them.
Agent 007 gave a good size comparison (similar to the (older) Xtrail classic)

Hopefully it’s well priced especially since it’s most likely coming with a 1.5l turbo engine. I’m guessing between 225-275k?

No hybrid options available anywhere yet.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 29th, 2018, 9:23 pm

For the 7 seater fans I heard today that an alternative dealership in South may achieve the 2018 Nissan Serena e-power soon.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » June 29th, 2018, 10:18 pm

New or RORO?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 30th, 2018, 7:25 pm

Brand new bro

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » July 1st, 2018, 6:26 pm

That eclipse cross is pretty oogly

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » July 1st, 2018, 7:51 pm

So no more sequential numbers when licensing?

DevilZ
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby DevilZ » July 5th, 2018, 10:54 am

Wa about these how much sterling hav dem for
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/ss ... 018-review

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » July 5th, 2018, 2:50 pm

DevilZ wrote:Wa about these how much sterling hav dem for
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/ss ... 018-review

Call them and let us know bro.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » July 5th, 2018, 8:17 pm

aidan wrote:That eclipse cross is pretty oogly

Thought it was me alone... :|

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » July 6th, 2018, 9:05 pm

Coworker of mines got the brochure for the rush. Its about the same size as the rav4, but the interior length is about 20" more, presumable due to the longer wheel base and the smaller engine which is 1.5l. It is a seven seater and really does not look that bad.

Two models will be available, one for 249k which is on introductory price of 229k and the other for 269k introductory price of 249k.

Vehicle will be in country July 20th.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » July 6th, 2018, 11:47 pm

carluva wrote:Coworker of mines got the brochure for the rush. Its about the same size as the rav4, but the interior length is about 20" more, presumable due to the longer wheel base and the smaller engine which is 1.5l. It is a seven seater and really does not look that bad.

Two models will be available, one for 249k which is on introductory price of 229k and the other for 269k introductory price of 249k.

For gods sakes .... how hard is it for Toyota to slap on a frickin turbo and the damn ting would be the number 1 SUV in the country at that price ....

:?

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » July 7th, 2018, 7:23 am

drchaos wrote:
carluva wrote:Coworker of mines got the brochure for the rush. Its about the same size as the rav4, but the interior length is about 20" more, presumable due to the longer wheel base and the smaller engine which is 1.5l. It is a seven seater and really does not look that bad.

For gods sakes .... how hard is it for Toyota to slap on a frickin turbo and the damn ting would be the number 1 SUV in the country at that price ....

:?
And its rear wheel drive too...a co worker of mine purchased one and is waiting on delivery......he said its slightly shorter and narrower but configured as a minivan, which gives the interior space.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » July 7th, 2018, 8:41 am

You know that's something i could never understand.... how can someone blindly buy a vehicle without seeing it, driving it or testing it out.

Did not know it was rear wheel drive. Wonder why though.

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » July 7th, 2018, 11:22 am

carluva wrote:You know that's something i could never understand.... how can someone blindly buy a vehicle without seeing it, driving it or testing it out.

To further add to its sportiness.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » July 7th, 2018, 4:26 pm

carluva wrote:You know that's something i could never understand.... how can someone blindly buy a vehicle without seeing it, driving it or testing it out.

When money flowing you could close your eyes and buy.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”