TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » October 17th, 2018, 9:28 pm

The ioniq is a hybrid no?

grdc1
Riding on 13's

Postby grdc1 » October 17th, 2018, 9:33 pm

It is. But bro cmon i have the 2014 model with electric seats and you going to try to sell me a 2019 model where i manually have to adjust seats once more? Isnt that a step backwards? All i am saying yes it's a nice car, but going forward it's a poor sales pitch to sell me a car with less features and on top of it increase the price to who know what.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » October 17th, 2018, 9:37 pm

grdc1 wrote:It is. But bro cmon i have the 2014 model with electric seats and you going to try to sell me a 2019 model where i manually have to adjust seats once more? Isnt that a step backwards? All i am saying yes it's a nice car, but going forward it's a poor sales pitch to sell me a car with less features and on top of it increase the price to who know what.

It’s a step backwards if the cerato has it before and it was removed or if similar vehicles have the feature at the similar price. Hybrids more expensive. We lucky government subsidizing them for now. I hear you on more features for less but I also agree with those that don’t care if a car has certain features or not.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 18th, 2018, 12:07 am

At one point in time and don't quote me on this but Massy Motors did import a fully loaded Elantra 1.6 MPi (this is no longer the case) for $245k. That particular grade did come with leather seats with driver's side powered function with 2-position memory, front heated/cooled seats, rear heated seats, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, front and rear parking sensors, auto dimming rear view mirror, sunroof etc etc. For some reason or the other (perhaps demand and supply, increased taxes and forex woes) but they don't import the higher end Elantras anymore as well as the Sonata's, Santa Fe's and H-1's. I think these are special order units only. What I understand is, they did not want Elantra's to steal Ioniq sales. Furthermore, I heard that they are not bringing in any of the new Accents yet (or ever?) because again they don't want to steal Ioniq sales.

Coming back to the Cerato, I don't think SS is willingly speccing the car downwards, but they may be treading carefully not to price it too expensive thus staying below the Niro. I am sure we all can agree that heated seats in a tropical country such as ours is not a huge priority. What I want to know is if those new Cerato's are 1.6 MPi and is it carrying the torque converter automatic or the CVT?

bess almera
Sweet on this forum

Postby bess almera » October 18th, 2018, 6:55 am

New cerato Sx has the blind spot monitoring. Only difference is the absence of front parking sensors. Plus it has the voice command control large infotainment display. Didn’t quite observe if there was memory setting on the driver side.

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » October 18th, 2018, 7:19 am

Removing the electric seats is stupid. Any similarly priced cars with cooled seats y'all know of?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby nick639v2 » October 18th, 2018, 7:37 am

^^ i not gonna lie i was playing with some temp seats once... Instant feels to go take a sheit inno, i tried it a next day to confirm you know na, for science, and yup it does indeed loosen up d cacks

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » October 18th, 2018, 8:00 am

Heard the opposite ioniq cannibalizing elantra sales because of lower price with more features

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » October 18th, 2018, 8:13 am

nick639v2 wrote:^^ i not gonna lie i was playing with some temp seats once... Instant feels to go take a sheit inno, i tried it a next day to confirm you know na, for science, and yup it does indeed loosen up d cacks

:lol:

FB_IMG_1539864709057.jpg

#forscience

grdc1
Riding on 13's

Postby grdc1 » October 18th, 2018, 11:35 am

New cerato Sx has the blind spot monitoring. Only difference is the absence of front parking sensors. Plus it has the voice command control large infotainment display. Didn’t quite observe if there was memory setting on the driver side.

According to the sale person there is no blind spot monitoring on either trims. You can check for yourself on the website as well - www.kiatrinidad.com/cerato

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » October 18th, 2018, 2:12 pm

Personally always disliked power seats. Takes too long to recline.

bess almera
Sweet on this forum

Postby bess almera » October 18th, 2018, 6:15 pm

grdc1 wrote:New cerato Sx has the blind spot monitoring. Only difference is the absence of front parking sensors. Plus it has the voice command control large infotainment display. Didn’t quite observe if there was memory setting on the driver side.

According to the sale person there is no blind spot monitoring on either trims. You can check for yourself on the website as well - http://www.kiatrinidad.com/cerato

Snap...that’s crappy. Thought I saw the button on the right side..probably lane departure warning. I dunno.

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 1:04 am

grdc1 wrote:Car is very nice in person, however it is lacking in features for a 2019 model.
Fully loaded model does not have electronic driver side seats.
No TPMS.
No blind spot monitoring.
No heated or cooled seats.
Was told our region will not get the cerato with those features....
as usual . but we will pay premium price for it tho

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 1:06 am

agent007 wrote:At one point in time and don't quote me on this but Massy Motors did import a fully loaded Elantra 1.6 MPi (this is no longer the case) for $245k. That particular grade did come with leather seats with driver's side powered function with 2-position memory, front heated/cooled seats, rear heated seats, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, front and rear parking sensors, auto dimming rear view mirror, sunroof etc etc. For some reason or the other (perhaps demand and supply, increased taxes and forex woes) but they don't import the higher end Elantras anymore as well as the Sonata's, Santa Fe's and H-1's. I think these are special order units only. What I understand is, they did not want Elantra's to steal Ioniq sales. Furthermore, I heard that they are not bringing in any of the new Accents yet (or ever?) because again they don't want to steal Ioniq sales.

Coming back to the Cerato, I don't think SS is willingly speccing the car downwards, but they may be treading carefully not to price it too expensive thus staying below the Niro. I am sure we all can agree that heated seats in a tropical country such as ours is not a huge priority. What I want to know is if those new Cerato's are 1.6 MPi and is it carrying the torque converter automatic or the CVT?
trinis jus getting shaft from businesses n gov't .. every year is d same sheit . smh

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 1:07 am

nick639v2 wrote:^^ i not gonna lie i was playing with some temp seats once... Instant feels to go take a sheit inno, i tried it a next day to confirm you know na, for science, and yup it does indeed loosen up d cacks
hahahahahahaha ... guaranteed no piles for a taxi driver

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 1:07 am

Joshie23 wrote:

FB_IMG_1539864709057.jpg

#forscience
hahaah

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 1:09 am

worksux101 wrote:Personally always disliked power seats. Takes too long to recline.
yup .. but men still want their money worth n i think d memory seat feature is handy when different size persons share the car

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » October 19th, 2018, 6:50 am

Is it just me, or do others find all these advanced features on the car make for a distracting driving experience?

I installed a reverse camera on the wife's fortuner a few years ago snd i hate to use that... and on another occasion, i drove in a RORO xtrail. It was very distracting cause every few minutes the lane departure was buzzing off, even though the vehicle was within the lines.

Different strokes for different folks, but i for one not too interested in all that tech... once it has a good infotainment system and a good on board driver multi function display, im usually happy. Dont even care for powdered driving seats, cause i am the primary driver, how often would i need to adjust the seats?

Thats my opinion fwiw and my preference as well.

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » October 19th, 2018, 6:58 am

carluva wrote:Is it just me, or do others find all these advanced features on the car make for a distracting driving experience?

I installed a reverse camera on the wife's fortuner a few years ago snd i hate to use that... and on another occasion, i drove in a RORO xtrail. It was very distracting cause every few minutes the lane departure was buzzing off, even though the vehicle was within the lines.

Different strokes for different folks, but i for one not too interested in all that tech... once it has a good infotainment system and a good on board driver multi function display, im usually happy. Dont even care for powdered driving seats, cause i am the primary driver, how often would i need to adjust the seats?

Thats my opinion fwiw and my preference as well.

This. Once there’s a good infotainment with good sound, front and rear reversing SENSORS, and maybe HUD, im happy.
Blind spot monitoring, auto emergency braking, lane departure warning, etc are extremely annoying and distracting.

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » October 19th, 2018, 7:53 am

Aren’t some of those features able to be switched off?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » October 19th, 2018, 9:04 am

Yes I am sure they can be switched off. Which leads me to a pertinent point. Why pay for features that I don't want? Trinidad dealers assume that the high spec model of a vehicle needs to have all that jazz, when for many, a high spec version ought to have other things. I agree with Scotty buttons too,the features he added are also desirable. Daz why I good with my RAV4. It's not the best inside but has what I want.

Car dealers just out to make money and hoodwink people on a bunch of useless features in a basic car an then pitch it as high spec.

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » October 19th, 2018, 11:02 am

I had a cerato and made full use of all the features. I never felt like they were useless except for the adjustable steering feel. I don't know how fast y'all need to recline a seat cuz that took like 3 seconds. The reverse camera was simple and I prefer that. No fancy red and yellow lines on the screen that curve when you turn etc. We are paying premium price anyways. Might as well get your money's worth because the firms can remove all these features and charge the same price.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » October 19th, 2018, 11:17 am

Cannot see what bad about reverse camera and emergency braking traction control and ABS

These will be standard soon

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » October 19th, 2018, 11:23 am

Had be old people cause the more tech the better. How is that distracting? It's designed to aid driver and make life easier on the road. Esp with the poor driving habits of trinis

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » October 19th, 2018, 11:36 am

Abs and traction control are entirely different from lane departure and auto emergency braking.

I’m not old. I’m in my 30s. Almost everyone who I know that has these features think they’re too intrusive and distracting and prefer them off.

Even some car reviewers share that same opinion.

I think you guys need to actually drive a vehicle and experience these said features in action.

Maybe in a 5-10 years when they’re more refined.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » October 19th, 2018, 11:37 am

Since I put reverse camera on the hilux I do not think I could go back , sometimes on a lil incline a whole car was hiding doh talk about small children very dangerous

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 12:11 pm

i think d most annoying feature for most folks .is d auto stop n start . by d traffic lights. lol

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 12:12 pm

jhonnieblue wrote:Had be old people cause the more tech the better. How is that distracting? It's designed to aid driver and make life easier on the road. Esp with the poor driving habits of trinis
to be honest them new safety should be appreciated by old folks . cause their sense of awareness n reaction time has dropped

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » October 19th, 2018, 12:17 pm

I have two cans with all those features and they are not intrusive at all. I hate to drive cars that don't have it. Yes there is a level of refinement that the euros have compared to the Koreans. But implementation is well done and I think these aids are essential to driving

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » October 19th, 2018, 3:19 pm

As I said different strokes for different folks. If that's our preference so be it but we're not old. I'm basically ur age jhonnie blu

Continuing to agree with you Scotty buttons
Last edited by carluva on October 19th, 2018, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”