TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Re: T&T OFFICIAL new vehicle prices and discussion thread

Postby carluva » July 26th, 2018, 7:04 am

Ha. So licensing will register the seven seater swift aka ertiga but not this? Bobol

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » July 26th, 2018, 10:19 pm

carluva wrote:Ha. So licensing will register the seven seater swift aka ertiga but not this? Bobol

You see Toyota is not really part of the local dealer 1% Cartel ... Their parent company is Toyota.

So somebody probably make a call to customs and tell them to frustrate the situation a little bit.

I mean ANSA and MASSY went as far as pulling Colm's leash to remove the tax exemptions on hybrids above 1.6L so this is small beans for them.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » July 26th, 2018, 10:20 pm

Zee wrote:
car wrote:That last I heard about the rush is that license office did not want to license it and that they claimed the body was not wide enough to be a 7 seater vehicle. I don’t know if that make sense.
But every body suppose to get back their money and the shipment was suppose to go to another country. Even the launch at Hilton was cancelled.

Now seeing the vehicle out of the port it seems that they got through with the licensing. We’ll see how it goes.
HmmScreenshot_20180726-102408.jpeg

TOTOTA???

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » July 26th, 2018, 11:11 pm

drchaos wrote:
carluva wrote:Ha. So licensing will register the seven seater swift aka ertiga but not this? Bobol

You see Toyota is not really part of the local dealer 1% Cartel ... Their parent company is Toyota.

So somebody probably make a call to customs and tell them to frustrate the situation a little bit.

I mean ANSA and MASSY went as far as pulling Colm's leash to remove the tax exemptions on hybrids above 1.6L so this is small beans for them.

Excellent point... if this was a seven seater ford, honda or mitsubishi, the vehicle would have been on the road already.

This just seems odd... even before the vehicle was imported wouldnt licensing be informed? So your point is on point.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 27th, 2018, 6:57 am

Carluva, bro you won't supposed to release that bit of detailed info lol.

Drchaos, your response is 100% on point but I don't have court clothes and I'm assuming you all neither so leave them further info to pm's please.

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » July 27th, 2018, 12:31 pm

Buy a good FB14 and done yea.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » July 27th, 2018, 2:40 pm

randolphinshan wrote:Buy a good FB14 and done yea.

Yuh preaching to the choir ... we needed a work vehicle and was looking at a ranger.

Ended up getting a AD for 62k vs a ranger for 265k ... problem solved.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 27th, 2018, 5:16 pm

drchaos wrote:

Yuh preaching to the choir ... we needed a work vehicle and was looking at a ranger.

The Ranger priced now is $199K

Your AD price now $22K

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » July 27th, 2018, 10:11 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Your AD price now $22K

If you used your maths correctly you would realized that according to your figures I would have lost 66K on the ranger and 40K on the AD so things still working out in my favour with the AD :lol:

Anyways back to new cars.
With the situation we have here seems like we may never get Tesla setting up shop in T&T since they don't deal with dealers.

rawCpoppa
Street 2NR

Postby rawCpoppa » July 27th, 2018, 10:14 pm

drchaos wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Your AD price now $22K

If you used your maths correctly you would realized that according to your figures I would have lost 66K on the ranger and 40K on the AD so things still working out in my favour with the AD :lol:

Anyways back to new cars.
With the situation we have here seems like we may never get Tesla setting up shop in T&T since they don't deal with dealers.

This is Trinidad where anything goes. Why would it be a problem for Tesla to not go thru a dealer?

I think Tesla might have a harder time coming due to the cost of the vehicle rather than not being able to set up due to not dealing with dealers.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » July 27th, 2018, 10:33 pm

You think Tesla could could set up in T&T without a local dealer? With the control the local dealers have here? It is their policy to refuse to go through dealers. In places (US) where the dealers associations have blocked them they just refuse to sell there.

Are Tesla's that expensive? Model S starts at 65K usd ... 442k TTD, model 3 35K usd ... 238k TTD.

rawCpoppa
Street 2NR

Postby rawCpoppa » July 27th, 2018, 10:37 pm

drchaos wrote:You think Tesla could could set up in T&T without a local dealer? With the control the local dealers have here? It is their policy to refuse to go through dealers. In places (US) where the dealers associations have blocked them they just refuse to sell there.

Are Tesla's that expensive? Model S starts at 65K usd ... 442k TTD, model 3 35K usd ... 238k TTD.

Setting up yes. Being competitive long term? Not sure.

Could see them coming and then taxes being implemented on electric vehicles of a certain power to restrict them.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 28th, 2018, 6:36 am

rawCpoppa wrote:
drchaos wrote:You think Tesla could could set up in T&T without a local dealer? With the control the local dealers have here? It is their policy to refuse to go through dealers. In places (US) where the dealers associations have blocked them they just refuse to sell there.

Setting up yes. Being competitive long term? Not sure.

Could see them coming and then taxes being implemented on electric vehicles of a certain power to restrict them.
I would break the piggy bank for a Tesla
Would willing part with 300g for one

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » July 28th, 2018, 7:07 am

Tesla is a waste. But not the thread for it

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 28th, 2018, 7:12 am

j.o.e wrote:Tesla is a waste. But not the thread for it
Not the tread, but The s was named the best car ever by some commentators,and the 3 is the only car ever to have a back order of 400000.Another commentator said The 3 is five years ahead of all cars The company have to up there game but the Tesla is the best car by far on the planet

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » July 28th, 2018, 7:16 am

Tesla is important for moving the industry in a particular direction. But in the end traditional car makers when they decide to fully electrify their offerings will outdo and out perform Tesla because of their better production and mass market appeal. Back orders are simply demand outstripping supply because their supply is so poor.
Back to new cars tho.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 28th, 2018, 7:25 am

j.o.e wrote:Tesla is important for moving the industry in a particular direction. But in the end traditional car makers when they decide to fully electrify their offerings will outdo and out perform Tesla because of their better production and mass market appeal. Back orders are simply demand outstripping supply because their supply is so poor.
Back to new cars tho.
Back to New cars

That is when ,Tesla are great cars now, way ahead of all other cars and willing to innovate to keep ahead ,

Their charging network alone keeps them ahead, my friend in Canada days she is starting to see them a lot in her neighbourhood

They will get the production right they are actually heading towards 6000 cars a week

When the do get that right they will be unbeatable

By next year we should see the RHD as they reach for new markets and they will make a splash locally

Mark my words

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 28th, 2018, 9:31 am

Guys, wasn't there a company that advertised a Tesla at MT pos some time ago? There are at least 2 in Trini and correct me if I'm wrong but Tesla cars cannot be operated outside it's approved markets. I understand, Tesla can remotely access their vehicles and lock it down etc and they would know the location through GPS etc?

I think it's about time the Ioniq electric could get some competition from the Nissan leaf but Massy might not want to cannibalize sales with the hyundai. A LSM rep told me they are trying for the Chevrolet Volt and Bolt to come as well but they don't know as yet. I would love to see more electric offerings here than just 1 hyundai.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 28th, 2018, 10:33 am

Ioniq electric goes for 30000 us in the USA

It sells for 240000 tt in Trinidad

If we could get the lowest Tesla at 35000 US then we can reasonably expect the price to be 280000 tt

Even if we add a next 20000 for a larger markup that takes us to 300,000

I will break the bank for a car that is 5 years ahead of other cars
Last edited by PariaMan on July 28th, 2018, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 28th, 2018, 10:40 am

Zee wrote:
PariaMan wrote:Ioniq electric goes for 30000 us in the USA

It sells for 240000 Us in Trinidad

If we could get the lowest Tesla at 35000 US then we can reasonable expect the price to be 280000

There was a company that brought a P90D I think it was. It's in POS all the time. White. I believe the asking price was shy of $1mil.

Check around and I'm sure you will find the info

I personally believe they will cost more
Using my comparison 1 million tt divided by 8 is 125000 which is about the price for the highest level model S

So the by 8 times the us to get the tt price seems valid

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 28th, 2018, 10:41 am

Anything else is just a WAG or wild ass guess

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » July 28th, 2018, 10:58 am

Zee wrote:

That straight math won't cut it. You have to add a myriad of charges and the profit mark up. So double those figures and check back

What myriad of charges??? They sell directly to consumer so vehicle mark-upbis included in that price, as it stand there are no taxes on EV. They may charge you shipping ie destination charges 1-2k usd and thats it.

When the tax exemptions (2021 I think) are up they will have to rework the entire tax structure for EV vehicles since duty is calculated and tiered based on engine cc's and MVT is also based on cc's. I suspect they will continue to extend the tax exemptions since it greatly benefits the dealers.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » July 28th, 2018, 11:00 am

Zee wrote:
PariaMan wrote:Ioniq electric goes for 30000 us in the USA

It sells for 240000 Us in Trinidad

If we could get the lowest Tesla at 35000 US then we can reasonable expect the price to be 280000

There was a company that brought a P90D I think it was. It's in POS all the time. White. I believe the asking price was shy of $1mil.

Check around and I'm sure you will find the info

I personally believe they will cost more

The reason for that inflated price is because Tesla was not selling that vehicle ... It was some Smart fellar :lol:

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 28th, 2018, 11:06 am

Yep some fellars do not look at facts,

If we getting the lowest cost Model 3 it will not be over 300000 tt

And for a car that futuristic with that range all local car dealers will have to be very afraid

The only thing that will be problematic is how much grip the 1% have over the government

When I spoke to Hyundai spokeswoman she said the ioniq was cannibalizing sales which I think was the reason more than any for the increase from 169 k to 189 k

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » July 28th, 2018, 11:24 am

Hyundai kona EV should be here in about a year with 150 miles and 250 miles range options.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 28th, 2018, 3:44 pm

drchaos wrote:Hyundai kona EV should be here in about a year with 150 miles and 250 miles range options.
Studying to go full electric but wondering if I should not hold out until more options available since it will$have to$be for the long term

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 28th, 2018, 4:02 pm

drchaos wrote:Hyundai kona EV should be here in about a year with 150 miles and 250 miles range options.
Did they say how these ranges were estimated... Like if it was all highway, mixed, etc

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 28th, 2018, 4:54 pm

I think that small countries like Trinidad are ideal for electric vehicles for private use

Most people have garages and can charge at home every night for 5 to 6 hours which should allow a daily start with maximum range

If the range is like 300 km then even if a night is missed there should not be range anxiety

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » July 28th, 2018, 5:17 pm

kamakazi wrote:
Did they say how these ranges were estimated... Like if it was all highway, mixed, etc

There is a standardized world test cycle but it grossly over estimates range by 25 to 50%.

Hyundai tho has their own test cycle that is actually more accurate.
The Ioniq was rated for 200km but all reviews shows it’s closer to 250km in real life driving (mixed highway and city)

Watched a review of the KONA EV and Hyundai quotes 250 mile range and the reviewer got 314 miles with mixed driving till the battery was dead.

OPERATORJOE
Street 2NR

Postby OPERATORJOE » July 30th, 2018, 12:02 am

P&V marketing has the E-power (electric) nissan note brand new for $140,000.00, with estimated km mileage per 45 litre tank at 800-1300km depending on drive mode (sport/eco). The 1.2 litre engine only serves to recharge the electric motor which drives the car. Heard they're supposed to bring in the E-power Serena in a bit not sure of what price it will go for

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”