TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby *$kŃ—Ä‘Ĺľ!™ » November 21st, 2017, 6:18 pm

But that amarok real ugly though....revo is sn awesome machine

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » November 21st, 2017, 6:23 pm

Like the look of the updated revo more than the current version

slacker_83
Street 2NR

Postby slacker_83 » November 21st, 2017, 6:24 pm

lol... i guess its a matter of personal taste...its not the most attractive but i eh think it ugly..... the hilux proven and resale bess... but TTTL dred.... If i going toyota, i would rather choose one of the alternate dealers in south... and then that opening up another set of questions

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » November 22nd, 2017, 6:18 am

slacker_83 wrote:. . .but TTTL dred.... If i going toyota, i would rather choose one of the alternate dealers in south... and then that opening up another set of questions

I have been dealing with TT&TL (south and north) for the last three years with the maintenance of two Hiluxes (both now doing around 45,000km). I never had any complaints really from the drivers with respect to the quality of the service from TT&TL. Their service prices are no different to those from Massy Motors, Lifestyle Motors or SS&SL who I also deal with concerning other vehicles.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » November 22nd, 2017, 11:31 am

That is because most people don't know what service is doing to their vehicle

slacker_83
Street 2NR

Postby slacker_83 » November 22nd, 2017, 1:17 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
slacker_83 wrote:. . .but TTTL dred.... If i going toyota, i would rather choose one of the alternate dealers in south... and then that opening up another set of questions

I have been dealing with TT&TL (south and north) for the last three years with the maintenance of two Hiluxes (both now doing around 45,000km). I never had any complaints really from the drivers with respect to the quality of the service from TT&TL. Their service prices are no different to those from Massy Motors, Lifestyle Motors or SS&SL who I also deal with concerning other vehicles.

I've heard horror stories. I know personally of one instance where technicians were joyriding and crashed (write off) a car which was in for service. TTTL then gave the individual months of runaround before the problem was resolved. However that was a few years ago, so i understand if u say u have only good reviews and i guess all service companies would have their share of horror stories. but just knowing of that event I think after that i lost any trust or faith in that company.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » November 22nd, 2017, 1:24 pm

Knew a person whom had their car servicing by tttl for years till it got stolen while being serviced there. Runaround again to get matter solved even including lawyers. No lawyers and runaround when they want you to buy though.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » November 22nd, 2017, 1:28 pm

I know people who caught toyota in saying things were serviced and it was not done

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » November 22nd, 2017, 2:04 pm

I have experienced that first hand with Massy and Diamond.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » November 22nd, 2017, 3:38 pm

PariaMan wrote:I know people who caught toyota in saying things were serviced and it was not done

A coworker went for 20k service on his corolla and left a cheap Fone in the vehicle. After getting it back the phone was missing. Made reports to police and eventually found out a MIC student took it. When they asked what a student was doing there they said he was the one doing the 20k service on the vehicle.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » November 23rd, 2017, 8:27 am

What are the reviews on the new cruze?

DJ Q
punchin NOS

Postby DJ Q » November 23rd, 2017, 1:10 pm

slacker_83 wrote:
Rory Phoulorie wrote:

I've heard horror stories. I know personally of one instance where technicians were joyriding and crashed (write off) a car which was in for service. TTTL then gave the individual months of runaround before the problem was resolved. However that was a few years ago, so i understand if u say u have only good reviews and i guess all service companies would have their share of horror stories. but just knowing of that event I think after that i lost any trust or faith in that company.

Red Corolla by chance?
I witnessed that incident. Car was on the bus route speeding in the wet. Lost control then crashed into the barrier between bus route/5th street

Found out later it was a joy ride in a customer's car.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 23rd, 2017, 11:12 pm

Dave, the new Cruze is really nice. A huge step up in features and performance but imo it lost that European heavy sort of feeling to it. GM weren’t kidding when they mentioned that they cut weight a lot so the car feels like a Corolla or Elantra. The top trim LTZ model is a joke compared to the premier model sold in the US. The rear bulb taillights is also a failure and the lack of rear AC vents again is disappointing. I truly expected more with the massive hype built up for that car honestly but I suppose GM did well to offer anything in Trinidad since this little twin island nation is a drop in the bucket for them. Test drive it and form your own opinion. For $210k it was a steal of a deal but I understand it’s now $235k? Someone please confirm. At that price they can keep it.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » November 24th, 2017, 8:48 am

Thank you. There is 17k cash back being offered. There isn't much available in that segment and price point. It's not Japanese so the theft attraction isn't as high if any.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 24th, 2017, 3:37 pm

Note to all potential Chevrolet customers, afaik, despite having the MyLink system with smartphone integration none of their vehicles for our market is equipped with the 4G-LTE feature. Oh well..

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 27th, 2017, 11:45 pm

Dave wrote:Thank you. There is 17k cash back being offered. There isn't much available in that segment and price point. It's not Japanese so the theft attraction isn't as high if any.

Grand Vitara 2WD @ $250,000

They say it is the last set they bringing into TT :(

Is it worth it Tuners ?

More like $200,000 would be better :D

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 27th, 2017, 11:51 pm

2.0 2wd fabric for $250k? If they throw in, side steps, mud guards, spoiler, parking sensors, rear camera, Pioneer smart phone deck, trunk mat and 5 years free maintenance then yes $250k is not bad.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » November 28th, 2017, 12:05 am

agent007 wrote:Dave, the new Cruze is really nice. A huge step up in features and performance but imo it lost that European heavy sort of feeling to it. GM weren’t kidding when they mentioned that they cut weight a lot so the car feels like a Corolla or Elantra. The top trim LTZ model is a joke compared to the premier model sold in the US. The rear bulb taillights is also a failure and the lack of rear AC vents again is disappointing. I truly expected more with the massive hype built up for that car honestly but I suppose GM did well to offer anything in Trinidad since this little twin island nation is a drop in the bucket for them. Test drive it and form your own opinion. For $210k it was a steal of a deal but I understand it’s now $235k? Someone please confirm. At that price they can keep it.

I have one of he new Cruze, it's a nice car, concerning the weight, to me it still has a nice euro feel while being lighter, less weight = better acceleration, better braking and better fuel economy, from a quarter tank it takes 110 with super to fill the tank, from what I know it's the only turbo model in that price range that can use super, as foe the rear ac vents, tbh I don't see the need for them as the ac system in the car on high is like a hurricane, I usually have it on the first setting which is enough for most situations, none of my backseat passengers ever complained or had to say ' turn up d ac ' I drive a lot and so gar he car is exceeding my expectations, I have the ltz model.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 28th, 2017, 5:46 am

zando wrote:
agent007 wrote:Dave, the new Cruze is really nice. A huge step up in features and performance but imo it lost that European heavy sort of feeling to it. GM weren’t kidding when they mentioned that they cut weight a lot so the car feels like a Corolla or Elantra. The top trim LTZ model is a joke compared to the premier model sold in the US. The rear bulb taillights is also a failure and the lack of rear AC vents again is disappointing. I truly expected more with the massive hype built up for that car honestly but I suppose GM did well to offer anything in Trinidad since this little twin island nation is a drop in the bucket for them. Test drive it and form your own opinion. For $210k it was a steal of a deal but I understand it’s now $235k? Someone please confirm. At that price they can keep it.

I have one of he new Cruze, it's a nice car, concerning the weight, to me it still has a nice euro feel while being lighter, less weight = better acceleration, better braking and better fuel economy, from a quarter tank it takes 110 with super to fill the tank, from what I know it's the only turbo model in that price range that can use super, as foe the rear ac vents, tbh I don't see the need for them as the ac system in the car on high is like a hurricane, I usually have it on the first setting which is enough for most situations, none of my backseat passengers ever complained or had to say ' turn up d ac ' I drive a lot and so gar he car is exceeding my expectations, I have the ltz model.

Cruze is a cheap car . No resale value. :(

Even a Tiida is a better buy :D @ $75 K

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » November 29th, 2017, 10:28 am

*edited*
Last edited by 16 cycles on November 30th, 2017, 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » November 29th, 2017, 11:09 am

New vehicle means something different boi

agent007
punchin NOS

New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby agent007 » November 30th, 2017, 1:34 pm

Hey guys, I wanted to post up our newest addition to the family but did not get the time to do so until now. Will post more pics soon!

So far the 190hp turbo engine is pulling ok, the CVT is very silent and smooth, the AC is working fine and blows very cold air even in the hot mid-day sun. The suspension is not RAV4 soft but more on the firm and sporty side (like Mazda). Handling is very reassuring and confident for a SUV thanks in part to those very grippy Toyo 235 series tyres wrapped on 18” octopus styled rims. The fit and finish is amazing for this class and the features are awesome in particular the Honda Lane Watch, Driver Attention Monitor and Honda Agility Assist. The 8 speaker stereo is surprisingly good with nice tonal range and the leather feels premium. It has smart phone integration and a massive instrument cluster screen in full digital which can be customized. Finally those front LEDs are very bright, the distance the light itself travels and the wide range it captures - no unlit back road at night would be intimidating again. The remote start comes in handy to warm up the vehicle before driving off on a morning and you are able to close the windows and panoramic sunroof (a CRV first) with the remote as well. What we don’t like is that it doesn’t come with a sub or amp, door scuff/sill plates, rear cargo cover, paddle shifters, wireless cell phone charging, knee airbag, front camera, puddle lights, ventilated seats, lit vanity mirrors, Auto dimming rear view mirror and a roof rack. Given the price and overall features etc, It was worth it. For the accessories we did not get with the vehicle, luckily since the CRV is a global crossover and offered almost as the same spec as the NA version, a trip to Amazon took care of many items as opposed to ordering directly through Classic Motors which may prove to be a more expensive route. We shall update more as miles are racked up on it. So far so good in terms of the sale and customer service as well. We would be filling with premium despite the sales person mentioning that super is fine. The model we got is the 5-seater RVSi 2WD. The AWD model will arrive after Christmas and I am not sure if that version will have the extra seats to make it a 7-seater (similar to the Xtrail).

slacker_83
Street 2NR

Postby slacker_83 » December 1st, 2017, 8:24 pm

agent007 wrote:Hey guys, I wanted to post up our newest addition to the family but did not get the time to do so until now. Will post more pics soon!

So far the 190hp turbo engine is pulling ok, the CVT is very silent and smooth, the AC is working fine and blows very cold air even in the hot mid-day sun. The suspension is not RAV4 soft but more on the firm and sporty side (like Mazda). Handling is very reassuring and confident for a SUV thanks in part to those very grippy Toyo 235 series tyres wrapped on 18” octopus styled rims. The fit and finish is amazing for this class and the features are awesome in particular the Honda Lane Watch, Driver Attention Monitor and Honda Agility Assist. The 8 speaker stereo is surprisingly good with nice tonal range and the leather feels premium. It has smart phone integration and a massive instrument cluster screen in full digital which can be customized. Finally those front LEDs are very bright, the distance the light itself travels and the wide range it captures - no unlit back road at night would be intimidating again. The remote start comes in handy to warm up the vehicle before driving off on a morning and you are able to close the windows and panoramic sunroof (a CRV first) with the remote as well. What we don’t like is that it doesn’t come with a sub or amp, door scuff/sill plates, rear cargo cover, paddle shifters, wireless cell phone charging, knee airbag, front camera, puddle lights, ventilated seats, lit vanity mirrors, Auto dimming rear view mirror and a roof rack. Given the price and overall features etc, It was worth it. For the accessories we did not get with the vehicle, luckily since the CRV is a global crossover and offered almost as the same spec as the NA version, a trip to Amazon took care of many items as opposed to ordering directly through Classic Motors which may prove to be a more expensive route. We shall update more as miles are racked up on it. So far so good in terms of the sale and customer service as well. We would be filling with premium despite the sales person mentioning that super is fine. The model we got is the 5-seater RVSi 2WD. The AWD model will arrive after Christmas and I am not sure if that version will have the extra seats to make it a 7-seater (similar to the Xtrail).

Informative post. I'll be Test driving the CRV tomorrow. Hopefully it help me make a final decision. Was interested in the VW AMAROK, which is polished on the inside, similar to an SUV, but lack of safety features has me concerned. It is intended as a commercial vehicle first after all. Currently have the 2017 Civic in the family, which is impressive, so looking forward to see what the CRV drive offers.

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » December 3rd, 2017, 4:49 am

Nice update on the CRV....

Is there a basic and fully loaded model?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 3rd, 2017, 5:14 pm

Slacker, how was the test drive?
Sweeks, there is only one model right now which is the fully loaded 2wd 5 seater. Soon there would be an entry 2wd 5 seater fabric and a fully loaded awd. I’m not sure if the awd version is going to be 5 or 7 seater. Despite the short lived introductory price, all shipments are sold out and those that did not arrive yet sold out too.

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » December 3rd, 2017, 8:36 pm

agent007 wrote:Despite the short lived introductory price, all shipments are sold out and those that did not arrive yet sold out too.

Yup ... a friend of mine trying to get one but was told the same thing.

Am interested in seeing what the 7 seater option looks like.

slacker_83
Street 2NR

Postby slacker_83 » December 3rd, 2017, 10:48 pm

agent007 wrote:Slacker, how was the test drive?
Sweeks, there is only one model right now which is the fully loaded 2wd 5 seater. Soon there would be an entry 2wd 5 seater fabric and a fully loaded awd. I’m not sure if the awd version is going to be 5 or 7 seater. Despite the short lived introductory price, all shipments are sold out and those that did not arrive yet sold out too.

The test drive went better than I expected. The 1.5 Turbo engine performs well in my opinion. Didn't notice any turbo lag. The power was available as soon as I pressed the accelerator. It is a CVT, so "shifting" was smooth. Some people don't like the droning sounds of the CVT when you mash down, but I can live with it seeing that I have the same in the Civic for a year now. The cabin is very very spacious. Driver seat is powered and I had more than enough leg room despite being over 6 feet tall. The back seat is huge and can recline, I can actually sit behind the driver seat in my position and had more than 3 inches extra legroom. The headroom was a but tight in the driver seat (I'm 6'2") I guess it's due to the panoramic sunroof, but the seat could be lowered and is not bad enough to be a deal breaker. The leather feels good and the space the vehicle offers is impressive. It changed my mind from the AMAROK, as it is more family friendly. Current price $369,000. Was told it may increase to $379,000 in the new year. There are shipments in Jan (fully booked), Feb and Mar. I was told that even if I made a Down-payment the price would not be guaranteed, which I think sucks. Like others said, there is a lower trim which should be available in feb-mar ($314,000 I think). Cloth seats, no led headlights, smaller infotainment (5" vs 7"), rims (17s vs 18s), and no powered tailgate or remote/push button start if I remembered correctly.

I have never considered purchasing a CRV before this. I had never liked the styling or pricing of the previous models. But this new model has really impressed me and may have changed my mind. I may look at one more SUV, the CX5(I think it's at $314000) but they only have one trim, and well the stories I hear about SSL, let's just say I'm not keeping my hopes up.

I may well have found my new ride...

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 4th, 2017, 9:53 am

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a large amount of those new Elantras and Ioniqs with one non-functioning LED park light.
I was beginning to think its a feature you can switch one side off given the frequency I am seeing those vehicles like that!!

A33_VQ35
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby A33_VQ35 » December 4th, 2017, 10:35 am

Dizzy28 wrote:Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a large amount of those new Elantras and Ioniqs with one non-functioning LED park light.
I was beginning to think its a feature you can switch one side off given the frequency I am seeing those vehicles like that!!

I noticed it also, it's the drl not park light. Saw a optima with it blinking a day. Not sure if the driver knew.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » December 4th, 2017, 10:58 am

Many Elantras with malfunctioning DRL’s haven’t noticed any Ioniqs yet

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”