TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Dizzy28 » April 12th, 2012, 10:21 am

WRT to DSM's review on the Cerato Koup, just my 0.02c.
I looked at the car last year and the interior really small. I am 6'4" and the only way I fit in the driver's seat was with it down and back all the way and reclined significantly (no one would be able to sit behind)
Even the 4 door Cerato had the smallest interior of all the cars I looked at (Lancer, Civic, Corolla, Sylphy, Mazda 3).

DSM_05
Riding on 16's

Postby DSM_05 » April 12th, 2012, 10:28 am

^^Well keep in mind the Koup is a 2+2. It is NOT a true 4 or 5 seater like the sedan! As with most coupes, the back seat is provided for convenience of carrying "small people" :lol:

Rarely will you find ANY coupe on the market which will carry four full sized adults while having lots of leg room in the back.....all will have the adults cramped in the back. That's how it is with a 2+2 coupe.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » April 12th, 2012, 12:59 pm

scotty_buttons wrote:...Is it too soon to find out how is he reliability because that's the big issue with most ppl concerning Kia and Hyundai vehicles.. That they don't last and they aren't reliable...

:| I don't know where you are getting your information from. But I had a 1996 Hyundai Accent bought new from N&M. Kept that car for 10 years and 343,000km without any major issues. I now have a 2006 Hyundai Coupe, also bought new from N&M, and I haven't had any major issues with that car either. My current daily driver, a 1997 Mitsubishi Lancer, again bought new from DM, has given more problems than either Hyundai.

The only issue with the Hyundai brand locally is the poor resale value due to people's perceived poor reliability. The first generation Accent gave problems with the automatic transmissions, but that's about it. Any other problems would have been with people not following the manufacturer's maintenance schedule.

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby MadCrix » April 12th, 2012, 9:46 pm

anyone can compare the 2010 civic exi 1.5 and the mitsu lancer gt 2010?

reliability, handling, gas consuption, maintainece?

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » April 12th, 2012, 9:50 pm

DSM_05 wrote:Drove one recently. 1.6 auto 6 speed.

195K last I heard. Good power all things considered (125 or so horsepower) and it has a 6 speed transmission which has decent ratio spacing. while driving, it felt a bit quicker than say, the corolla and tiida I had driven some time aback. and that makes sense.

car feels a bit heavy during cornering, but it is quite planted, even on the oem tyres. i think some stickier tyres might complement the car well. fit and finish is pretty good as well, ride is a bit firm, but nothing unbearable in my view.

car has a low seating position, but that is expected for a coupe of that nature. it has decent space inside as well. lots of space in front, and a normal sized adult can actually fit in the back as well without major cramping.

For me:

POSITIVES

- decent power plant, nice transmission. Engine can be a bit hard on the ears at high rpm
- nice multifunction display on the dash. gives mileage, temperature, km to empty etc etc
- built in reverse sensors with graphic sensor depiction (gives an indication as to which side of the car is near to an object)
- nice seating position
- good fit and finish (miles better than the corolla, not as good as a mazda 3 I'd say)

NEGATIVES
- pricey for what it is.
- elantra has a newer version to the engine in the koup, and it makes 5 more hp
- doors a bit heavy...but they are big so it's not unexpected
- zippy, but it's not an actual fast car.
- 6 speed trans is good, but I find the ratio spacing a bit odd. there's still a big-ish jump from 2nd to 3rd.
- I feel the elantra outshines this car for a similar price.

Would I buy one, well, if I had the cash, probably not.

Thanks.
Why wouldn't you buy one though?

I think it looks dam good. Especially in red. Way better looking than the new Mazda 3 and the elantra.

I'll admit 195K is bit steep for a coupe.

DSM_05
Riding on 16's

Postby DSM_05 » April 13th, 2012, 8:04 am

Mainly because I feel they should offer the Koup with the 138 hp GDI engine from other markets, for that 195k price. If the car were say, 20k cheaper, then yeah, why not.

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » April 13th, 2012, 8:25 am

MadCrix wrote:anyone can compare the 2010 civic exi 1.5 and the mitsu lancer gt 2010?

reliability, handling, gas consuption, maintainece?

2010 Civic EXI is a 1.6 with about 124hp, the GT a 2.0 with about 30 more hp

Civic has softer handling and a bit more body roll in corners.

Civic has better gas consumption

Both are approximately the same to maintain.

GT has a CVT transmission and the EXI a 5speed auto (std)

DSM_05
Riding on 16's

Postby DSM_05 » April 13th, 2012, 8:32 am

GT also comes with a manual shift mode where the CVT mimics 6 forward gears (use with paddle shifter).

GT also comes manual.

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby MadCrix » April 13th, 2012, 8:37 am

i leaning towards the lancer although i am a honda person, my evo has proved to be very reliable so i have grown to like mitsu

plus looks for looks the lancer is gorgeous has more features and nicer interior.. i talking bout gt with paddle shifters.

DSM_05
Riding on 16's

Postby DSM_05 » April 13th, 2012, 8:43 am

I would have gone with the GT with my eyes closed. I mean...come on!

A 1.6L Civic vs a 2.0L Lancer GT?

Really? There's any doubt there?

The new GT's even come with the Lancer Ralliart (Evo-esque) styled front bumper which makes them look even better.

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » April 13th, 2012, 9:26 am

yeah, plus you could tell people you have an evo and an evo lite 0X

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby scotty_buttons » April 13th, 2012, 9:31 am

DSM_05 wrote:I would have gone with the GT with my eyes closed. I mean...come on!

A 1.6L Civic vs a 2.0L Lancer GT?

Really? There's any doubt there?

The new GT's even come with the Lancer Ralliart (Evo-esque) styled front bumper which makes them look even better.

X2!

Drove both vehicles and GT is worth it! Totally agree with handling.. Not sure about maintenance though.
That car pulls! Paddle shifters are a nice lil touch as well.. Don't really fancy the interior though..
IMO them new lancer interiors are fugly.. Lancer GT isn't all that much different if I recall correctly..a lil one or two things extra

gundelero
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby gundelero » April 13th, 2012, 10:08 am

whey de new ford ranger info???

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » April 13th, 2012, 10:21 am

Anyone could give me an idea of the ride/ reliability of the Tiguan?

Also availability of replacement parts etc?

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » April 13th, 2012, 10:29 am

dunno bout alluh, but i find those cerato koups very slow with a harsh ride not to mention the sea of hard plastic all over. 195k? sorry no can do, a tiida hatchback at 165k with sunroof is better value.

civic exi for 240k with 2 airbags and 5-speed auto is a total waste of money. Lancer gt 2.0 with 152hp and its also a heavy car means performance is still not its virtue. at 260k, sorry, i pass.

a 227k golf variant (jetta wagon) will make the lancer gt feel its a 1.2 nissan march with 100% more practicality as a lancer trunk can compete with those found in a suzuki swift.

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » April 13th, 2012, 10:43 am

The ride is nice, powerful and fun to drive, the speaker system is amazing and it has built in reverse sensors. The fog lights automatically dim depending on the turn, auto lights etc. I won't personally get one because I dunno about parts.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 13th, 2012, 11:26 am

kurpal_v2 wrote:Anyone could give me an idea of the ride/ reliability of the Tiguan?

Dont get the TDi

A coworker of might had to change the intake manifold...4 mths now and it still aint reach reach yet. N&M basically cant handle the diesel engines

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » April 13th, 2012, 11:51 am

Habit7 wrote:
kurpal_v2 wrote:Anyone could give me an idea of the ride/ reliability of the Tiguan?

Dont get the TDi

A coworker of might had to change the intake manifold...4 mths now and it still aint reach reach yet. N&M basically cant handle the diesel engines

Na I was looking at the entry level gas engine versions for mom.

I wont personally use the tdi's locally after some of the stories/experiences with newer diesel engines and local quality of fuel.

I think later in april they get their shipment of VW stuff, hopefully your friend stuff is in there.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » April 13th, 2012, 11:59 am

any reviews on the kia sportage diesel?

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » April 13th, 2012, 12:43 pm

my concern with the sportage is the transmission handling all that torque...the question is, how long would it last? Make sure the warranty covers replacement with labour. Find out if the rear axle is the same as the tucson cause they had some issues with that. Rotor discs can easily warp, fuel economy is poor (gas engine), interior space is poor, materials seem cheap inside. If people can see past the panoramic sunroof and front led lights then they would be on the right track. Also don't expect a cushy ride like a tucson, the sportage is stiffer by design which means better handling. the fwd gas version is more reliable.

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » April 13th, 2012, 12:55 pm

The sportage in short is crap let's be real.

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby MadCrix » April 13th, 2012, 1:15 pm

wrt the lancer gt i loving hte added features of rain sensing wipers and auto headlight.. plus i LOVE the styling, that aggressive front facia is wow plus i love how the bonnet seems to hang over the lights..
gonna see them tom, if i like how it drives i will pick one up

gundelero
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby gundelero » April 13th, 2012, 2:01 pm

anyone has any info on the new ford ranger, 2.2L?

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » April 13th, 2012, 6:14 pm

gundelero wrote:anyone has any info on the new ford ranger, 2.2L?

Check the link below.

I must remember that there is a Trucks and Pickup forum

nemesis
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nemesis » April 13th, 2012, 6:16 pm

Stephon. wrote:The ride is nice, powerful and fun to drive, the speaker system is amazing and it has built in reverse sensors. The fog lights automatically dim depending on the turn, auto lights etc. I won't personally get one because I dunno about parts.

I guess this is about the tiguan?

I suppose you mean the headlights turn. And the speaker system you heard was which? Cause the base stock VW systems are terrible. The Dynaudio however, is not bad.
Parts shouldn't really be a problem. They sell those vehicles everywhere. Just have to bring in what you need when you need rather than buy from the dealer.

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby scotty_buttons » April 13th, 2012, 8:43 pm

acesinghit wrote: Also don't expect a cushy ride like a tucson

Yeah I was shocked how soft the Tucson rides :/
Smoother than our 07 rav4 for sure.

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » April 13th, 2012, 9:23 pm

nemesis wrote:
Stephon. wrote:The ride is nice, powerful and fun to drive, the speaker system is amazing and it has built in reverse sensors. The fog lights automatically dim depending on the turn, auto lights etc. I won't personally get one because I dunno about parts.

I guess this is about the tiguan?

I suppose you mean the headlights turn. And the speaker system you heard was which? Cause the base stock VW systems are terrible. The Dynaudio however, is not bad.
Parts shouldn't really be a problem. They sell those vehicles everywhere. Just have to bring in what you need when you need rather than buy from the dealer.

We test drove the fully loaded, and yeah the speakers were nice in them imo, didn't expect to have a difference compared to the base model.

We were actually very close to buying it but we decided to do some research first, then we decided that we didn't really need to replace the ASX which is working perfectly fine.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » April 13th, 2012, 10:58 pm

acesinghit wrote:my concern with the sportage is the transmission handling all that torque...the question is, how long would it last? Make sure the warranty covers replacement with labour. Find out if the rear axle is the same as the tucson cause they had some issues with that. Rotor discs can easily warp, fuel economy is poor (gas engine), interior space is poor, materials seem cheap inside. If people can see past the panoramic sunroof and front led lights then they would be on the right track. Also don't expect a cushy ride like a tucson, the sportage is stiffer by design which means better handling. the fwd gas version is more reliable.

How would you rate it in comparison with its competitors?

DSM_05
Riding on 16's

Postby DSM_05 » April 13th, 2012, 11:06 pm

acesinghit wrote:a 227k golf variant (jetta wagon) will make the lancer gt feel its a 1.2 nissan march with 100% more practicality as a lancer trunk can compete with those found in a suzuki swift.

Here we go again with the fanboyism.

So because you drive a Jetta....it automatically means everything else other than VW is boo? I drive a Tiida....you don't hear me going all over rating it up like the next best thing since hops bread.

Please explain how the Jetta TSi make the Lancer GT feel it's a 1.2 nissan march? Next you'll tell me a TSI could keep up with a GT-R :lol: The Jetta TSI is quick, but it IS not, and WILL not EVER be a fast car. And to me, last time I drove one, it was still an uninspired drive with dull suspension prone to understeer, and a raspy engine note. Sure a Lancer GT auto won't have the response of Jettas twin clutch trans, but it's handling is much much better, and to me, at least the GT doesn't look like a boring executive/commuter car. The GT LOOKS sporty.

And how on earth is a lancer trunk even remotely as small as a swift...or even near to it?

Have you read what you just typed? Good grief, your posts used to be good back in the day, but now, you're just spewing nonsense.

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » April 13th, 2012, 11:16 pm

I think acesinghit works for Neal and Massy, remember his Mazda 3 VS Elentra comparison? :roll:

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”