TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

EcoTune Trinidad
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby EcoTune Trinidad » May 8th, 2017, 7:11 pm

Why would BMW AG make a world model car for 91ron when they dont even have that up there?

You sure its not 91 octane?those N20 engines suffer from piston failures and 92ron gonna see issues eventually

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » May 8th, 2017, 7:17 pm

EcoTune Trinidad wrote:Why would BMW AG make a world model car for 91ron when they dont even have that up there?

You sure its not 91 octane?those N20 engines suffer from piston failures and 92ron gonna see issues eventually

By the time the engine starts to give trouble the warranty would be over and original owner would have done pass it to the 2nd owner for $65k.
All them foreign used small car like the note with the HR engine needs premium. Men who buy those car aint putting premium.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » May 8th, 2017, 7:19 pm

Smh

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » May 8th, 2017, 7:29 pm

car wrote:
EcoTune Trinidad wrote:Why would BMW AG make a world model car for 91ron when they dont even have that up there?

By the time the engine starts to give trouble the warranty would be over and original owner would have done pass it to the 2nd owner for $65k.
All them foreign used small car like the note with the HR engine needs premium. Men who buy those car aint putting premium.

I saw someone putting super in one of those new sentras, but I thought they used premium...

EcoTune Trinidad
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby EcoTune Trinidad » May 8th, 2017, 7:39 pm

...and that is why I refuse to buy 2nd euro here...take my chances roro euro at worse

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby car » May 8th, 2017, 7:56 pm

zando wrote:
car wrote:

I saw someone putting super in one of those new sentras, but I thought they used premium...

The HR 1.6 and
1.3 and 1.4 is premium
Last edited by car on May 8th, 2017, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » May 8th, 2017, 8:04 pm

The manual has it in AKI

Minimum = 87 AKI
Recommended = 89 AKI or higher

All this was relayed to me by my uncle, I will try to get my hands on the manual and take a pic myself.
There is a warning for 87 AKI and knocking at high outside temperatures tho.

With quick google 87=91 RON and 89=95 RON but this is dependent on the gas company/country...

So be safe an go premium since its the recommended I guess.
I'm in no way an expert, don't take my word as law fellas..correct any information or conversion fellas

EcoTune Trinidad
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby EcoTune Trinidad » May 8th, 2017, 8:07 pm

For hot climates its always recommended for the best fuel for euros in particular...no one wants to end up with an SR20 in and F30 BMW if yunno what am saying

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » May 8th, 2017, 8:11 pm

agent007 wrote:I remember asking a bmw sales rep once about the super vs premium issue in a 320i and he told me if you fill with the super your hp will drop to 170 and the premium would be around 185?? He further lamented, if you not driving aggressively or going up hills, it's ok to use the super cause most people will not feel a 15hp difference. Maybe the expert can say if there is any truth to it.

Heard the same from BMW and Audi reps as well.
Personally know a B8 A4 running on super for four years so far. No problems detected either.
I personally wouldn't chance it though.

Merc reps told me strictly premium.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » May 8th, 2017, 8:14 pm

Y'all really shouldn't listen to sales men for technical issues.

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » May 8th, 2017, 8:15 pm

What's your take on the N48 engines.
Any issues so far ?

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » May 8th, 2017, 8:18 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:Y'all really shouldn't listen to sales men for technical issues.

Lol. Agreed.

EcoTune Trinidad
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby EcoTune Trinidad » May 8th, 2017, 8:18 pm

scotty_buttons wrote:
agent007 wrote:I remember asking a bmw sales rep once about the super vs premium issue in a 320i and he told me if you fill with the super your hp will drop to 170 and the premium would be around 185?? He further lamented, if you not driving aggressively or going up hills, it's ok to use the super cause most people will not feel a 15hp difference. Maybe the expert can say if there is any truth to it.

Personally know a B8 A4 running on super for four years so far. No problems detected either.

The owner must be hardly using boost in high rpm...they day they do god forbid they will eventually see turbo failure from improper lubrication -cooked turbo, not to mention excessive wear in the valve train from the ecu constantly tryna retard timing...anyway not my car so....

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » May 8th, 2017, 8:21 pm

EcoTune Trinidad wrote:
scotty_buttons wrote:

The owner must be hardly using boost in high rpm...they day they do god forbid they will eventually see turbo failure from improper lubrication -cooked turbo, not to mention excessive wear in the valve train from the ecu constantly tryna retard timing...anyway not my car so....

Man does WOT several times a day.
He's an aggressive driver.
Just a matter of time before sh!t happens.

EcoTune Trinidad
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby EcoTune Trinidad » May 8th, 2017, 8:23 pm

Sure it smoking by now under boost...anyway only heard the horror stories of N20 from dealership and online confirmation...its happening low key

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » May 8th, 2017, 8:25 pm

Mercedes Benz C180 Kompressor For Sale

viewtopic.php?t=701315

65k just as I said before

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 8th, 2017, 8:37 pm

My wife told me recently I going mad lol but I swear I saw a couple years back that Massy (Neal & Massy then) advertised in the papers that the Tiida with the HR16DE engine requires premium! That is the exact engine currently in the B17 Sentra. The B17 Sylphy uses the MRA8DE engine which is an upgraded MR18DE and that I was told can use the super safely. What's funny also is the Corolla INZ-FE and 3ZZ-FE also requires premium whereas the 1ZZ-FE can take super.

Concerning Euros and I always wanted to ask Ecotune this but our 2011 Passat 1.8 TSI is seeing super since the day it was purchased from Best Auto and it runs fine. Info we got since the earlies were: it can take the super however models from PDC to present requires premium only or something like that. Only things changed in the car was the mechatronic, water pump and alternator and mileage is around 113k now. Are we in for piston failure in the future?
Last edited by agent007 on May 8th, 2017, 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » May 8th, 2017, 8:46 pm

agent007 wrote:My wife told me recently I going mad lol but I swear I saw a couple years back that Massy (Neal & Massy then) advertised in the papers that the Tiida with the HR16DE engine requires premium! That is the exact engine currently in the B17 Sentra. The B17 Sylphy uses the MRA8DE engine which is an upgraded MR18DE and that I was told can use the super safely. What's funny also is the Corolla INZ-FE and 3ZZ-FE also requires premium whereas the 1ZZ-FE can take super.

Concerning Euros and I always wanted to ask Ecotune this but our 2011 Passat 1.8 TSI is seeing super since the day it was purchased from Best Auto and it runs fine. Info we got since the earlies were: it can take the super however models from PDC to present requires premium only or something like that. Only things changed in the car was the mechatronic, water pump and alternator and mileage is around 113k now. Are we in for piston failure in the future?

HR engines are the compact engine version that requires the premium due to the high compression. MR are full size engines like the GA and QG that can use super.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » May 8th, 2017, 8:56 pm

car wrote:
agent007 wrote:My wife told me recently I going mad lol but I swear I saw a couple years back that Massy (Neal & Massy then) advertised in the papers that the Tiida with the HR16DE engine requires premium! That is the exact engine currently in the B17 Sentra. The B17 Sylphy uses the MRA8DE engine which is an upgraded MR18DE and that I was told can use the super safely. What's funny also is the Corolla INZ-FE and 3ZZ-FE also requires premium whereas the 1ZZ-FE can take super.

HR engines are the compact engine version that requires the premium due to the high compression. MR are full size engines like the GA and QG that can use super.

Neighbor has a tiida from massy and knowing them is only super going in it.

SYKO
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SYKO » May 8th, 2017, 11:29 pm

Fellas from my experience my roro tiida (hr15) using super for 5 years and no problems what so ever.

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » May 9th, 2017, 2:38 pm

drchaos wrote:On the civic front. Has first service so far 6 months only managed to make around 4800 KM. Service was fast and they went through each item on the service list. Cost was just under $1500, internationally Honda recommends 0W-20 but manual says you can use 0W-30 and 5W-30. Ansa put in 5W-30. Charged me almost $200 for a "octane booster/fuel treatment" I was like WTF so that will be off the bill next service.

Two problems with the car net says VSA modulator for clicking noises you hear from the dash and VTC actuator for grinding noise on ignition on warm start. They did not have scan tool for the car and only just got one in the country. Scanned the car and they say no error codes. But they said they want the car overnight and they need more info so they can get in contact with Honda helpline. So far they not denying the problem and they not acting like its my problem or blaming me in any way. They are genuinely trying to address the issue. Which to me is really good customer service. Will keep you all updated as this unfold.

It's poor that they didn't have the scan tool though

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 9th, 2017, 3:38 pm

Yeah .... selling a vehicle and you don't have the necessary tools to diagnose potential problems flies only in T&T.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 9th, 2017, 3:57 pm

Who have the best lease prices these days?

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » May 9th, 2017, 4:10 pm

nick639v2 wrote:
Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:What does the owner's manual for the f30 say?

Thing is using the wrong RON fuel doesn't mean your car will raise a flag one time. You could even get knock and not realize.

Minimum 91

Just seeing this. Explains why owners can put super and the car works fine. Thanks.

quattro
Street 2NR

Postby quattro » May 9th, 2017, 6:04 pm

My manual on fuel for the Q5:

From what it says, you can fall in any of the 3 brackets there. The sticker on the inside of the gas tank flap for my 2.0T says 95 RON minimum only, so that puts me in the second grouping there meaning I can only use super in an emergency and with a light foot. Despite this, the salesman told me the same "you can use super with less power". I also personally know two people who run super in their a4s :/

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » May 9th, 2017, 8:20 pm

Either way if a man buying a Beemer or Audi and still watching premium to fill in the tank then he a sufferer.. Most of those cars have excellent mileage too

EcoTune Trinidad
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby EcoTune Trinidad » May 10th, 2017, 10:07 am

Gimme the lic plates of those car so I can avoid it like the plague if selling

Sales men say anything for a sale...you putting low octane fuel in a turbocharged euro in out hot climate??fact that nothing failed yet merely shows how robust euro engines have become...but if dealships detect wrong fuel used time warranty claims surface, HQ will undoubtably void warranty..

I highly doubt that VW would indicate 91ron on the flat cuz its the same engine code used in current model

These Vw engines are high compression direct injected engines and different from the mazda version..
When the new owner takes it and decides to run the car hard he is in for a host of issues

No country in Europe uses less than 95ron...god speed to the owner yes

* mih head hutting*

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » May 10th, 2017, 4:44 pm

nick639v2 wrote:Either way if a man buying a Beemer or Audi and still watching premium to fill in the tank then he a sufferer.. Most of those cars have excellent mileage too

Entttt

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 11th, 2017, 11:46 am

I know this has been probably been beaten to death on this thread but need a quick answer. Does the new FORD ranger with the 2.2 turbo diesel need a class 4 permit? Or would a class 3 permit work?

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » May 11th, 2017, 12:00 pm

drchaos wrote:I know this has been probably been beaten to death on this thread but need a quick answer. Does the new FORD ranger with the 2.2 turbo diesel need a class 4 permit? Or would a class 3 permit work?

From what I heard I think the 2.2 is class 3 and the 3.2 is class 4, I could be wrong, but I'm 80 percent sure.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”