TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby PariaMan » September 5th, 2019, 8:50 pm

timothymcdavid wrote:Actually it is a 10yr warranty on the battery ... saw the advert in the paper ... now remember that warranty covers total failure or it degrading beyond a certain level ... with the amount of technological innovation taking place in the electronics and battery field in EV's generally will depreciate very heavily indeed.
even better only holding me back is price and range of 240 could be better

CloudBoi
Ricer

Postby CloudBoi » September 19th, 2019, 3:13 am

AUDI A4 SPORT
* 1.4 Turbo Charged engine (150 Hp) giving an impressive 42 Miles per Gallon fuel consumption.* 7 Speed Steptronic Transmission.* Dynamic Steering.* Sports Suspension.* Leather Interior.* Push Button Start / Stop .
* Convenience Key System.* Full LED Headlights and Tail lights with Dynamic Indicators.* Sports Body Package. * 18" 5 Double Spoke Alloy Contrast Rims.* Fully Powered Front Sports Seats with Lumbar Support.* Driver's Side Memory Seats and Mirrors.* Multi-function Flat Bottom Sports Steering Wheel.
* Wireless Cell Phone Charger.* Ambient Lighting. ( 30 Changeable colours)* HD Reverse Camera.* Front and Rear Parking Sensors.* 3 Zone Air Conditioning with rear seat controls.* Automatic Folding Mirrors with indicators.* Bluetooth / USB / CD / SD / AUX.* Voice Command.

$400k for the one with sunroof and $397k for the one with B&O

Bruh...the honda civic pushing considerably more power than this.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » September 19th, 2019, 8:27 pm

CloudBoi wrote:AUDI A4 SPORT
* 1.4 Turbo Charged engine (150 Hp) giving an impressive 42 Miles per Gallon fuel consumption.* 7 Speed Steptronic Transmission.* Dynamic Steering.* Sports Suspension.* Leather Interior.* Push Button Start / Stop .
* Convenience Key System.* Full LED Headlights and Tail lights with Dynamic Indicators.* Sports Body Package. * 18" 5 Double Spoke Alloy Contrast Rims.* Fully Powered Front Sports Seats with Lumbar Support.* Driver's Side Memory Seats and Mirrors.* Multi-function Flat Bottom Sports Steering Wheel.
* Wireless Cell Phone Charger.* Ambient Lighting. ( 30 Changeable colours)* HD Reverse Camera.* Front and Rear Parking Sensors.* 3 Zone Air Conditioning with rear seat controls.* Automatic Folding Mirrors with indicators.* Bluetooth / USB / CD / SD / AUX.* Voice Command.

Yeah but that German interior quality and ride is on a whole different level...

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » September 20th, 2019, 10:31 pm

Gladiator wrote:
CloudBoi wrote:AUDI A4 SPORT

Yeah but that German interior quality and ride is on a whole different level...

400k for a car with a 1.4? Dem smoking some pre legal weed or wha?
By interior quality you mean headliner issues 3-4 years into ownership?

The only place the germs excel is how much fun you have when you drive the car ... and even this being challenged by little car companies like Mazda ....

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » September 20th, 2019, 10:31 pm

Civic type r bruuhhh

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » October 7th, 2019, 11:29 pm

No changes to affect vehicle prices except foreign exchange issues in the budget

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » October 9th, 2019, 10:32 am

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » October 9th, 2019, 10:33 am

2020 Creta :shock:

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » October 9th, 2019, 4:29 pm

Looks weird.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » October 9th, 2019, 5:29 pm

Think the Santa Fe has the same kind of lights..

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » October 9th, 2019, 6:03 pm

Yup Palisade, Kona, Venue they all got that similar front design the next gen Tucson will follow suite

CloudBoi
Ricer

Postby CloudBoi » October 15th, 2019, 11:02 am

Think they going the right direction with the interior but wdmc really going with that exterior design. Damn shame, thought they hit it out the park with the current model tucson.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 16th, 2019, 10:34 am

Massy just brought out something along the lines of the Rush even with a 1.5 engine.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » October 16th, 2019, 9:30 pm

Is the Kona EV in Trini yet? What price?

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » October 18th, 2019, 9:48 am

Dave wrote:Massy just brought out something along the lines of the Rush even with a 1.5 engine.

I'd say it's more along the lines of the Suzuki Ertiga, since its an MPV. The dimensions are pretty much the same, but the Ertiga has more features and is $30,000 less. The Livina is a re-badged Mitusbishi Xpander.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » October 18th, 2019, 12:24 pm

Also horribly cramped for a tall person. Went to see if on Wednesday.
Capleton wrote:
Dave wrote:Massy just brought out something along the lines of the Rush even with a 1.5 engine.

I'd say it's more along the lines of the Suzuki Ertiga, since its an MPV. The dimensions are pretty much the same, but the Ertiga has more features and is $30,000 less. The Livina is a re-badged Mitusbishi Xpander.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 19th, 2019, 10:45 pm

What is it called?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 20th, 2019, 7:45 am

It's called a Nissan Livina which obviously with the relationship with Mitsubishi is powered by a 4A91 engine.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 20th, 2019, 10:05 am

Confirmed, the 2019 Nissan Livina 1.5 which is basically a Mitsubishi Xpander with the 4A91 inlet VVT engine and 4AT transmission. It has rear drum brakes and is a fwd vehicle. One would recall, DM brought in the Lancer EX (CY) in both GLX and GLS trim with this 4A91 engine between 2007 and 2010 which eventually gave way to the 4A92. What I know for sure is, those Lancer 1.5s despite having EPS IMO were not any faster than the 1.6 belt driven power steering models.

This new Livina like it’s competitors such as the Rush and Ertiga would not be known for strong acceleration, above average handling or braking performance. These are for mature folks who drive causally and require the utility of having 7 seats.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 22nd, 2019, 10:53 am

Dave wrote:It's called a Nissan Livina which obviously with the relationship with Mitsubishi is powered by a 4A91 engine.

So its gonna be a Premium fuel only vehicle??

The 4A91 was Premium only.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 22nd, 2019, 11:07 am

Massy rep said super

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 22nd, 2019, 11:21 am

They have a history of dishonest practices. They lied and told many Sentra owners that super will work fine for the HR16DE. I won’t doubt the resiliency of a modern engine equipped with a knock sensor but Mitsubishi 4A9x engines were always designed for 95RON and min 91RON for short periods. As for the Sentras getting super since day 1, that is another used car to stay far from cause when the warranty is over and it changes owners, that new owner would inherit some hard times. On the bright side, at least we have a Nissan badged vehicle without that garbage HR engine.

EmileLib
Riding on 13's

New Car Prices in T

Postby EmileLib » October 22nd, 2019, 11:30 am

Congrats Steve stunning car & great value at the moment Ive been looking at them myself.
Let me know if you fancy an M6 plate as i have a couple.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » October 22nd, 2019, 7:56 pm

agent007 wrote:They have a history of dishonest practices. They lied and told many Sentra owners that super will work fine for the HR16DE. I won’t doubt the resiliency of a modern engine equipped with a knock sensor but Mitsubishi 4A9x engines were always designed for 95RON and min 91RON for short periods. As for the Sentras getting super since day 1, that is another used car to stay far from cause when the warranty is over and it changes owners, that new owner would inherit some hard times. On the bright side, at least we have a Nissan badged vehicle without that garbage HR engine.

Maybe sentras made for here had different maps? Not unheard of for same engine to use different octane levels depending on region.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 28th, 2019, 12:19 am

The Nissan Juke and Tiida sold by Massy came equipped with the HR16DE engine, same as the B17 Sentra. The recommended RON rating is 95. Its a good thing Nissan did not slap the Livina with the HR15 even though it’s tuned for super because the Mitsubishi 4A91 engine is much superior to said HR15. I won’t mind filling up premium in any 4A9x engine vs a garbage HR engine regardless of state of tune.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » October 28th, 2019, 12:50 am

Is premium vs super still a big deal... Prices are close enough at the moment where it shouldn't but people have their reasons

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » November 1st, 2019, 10:55 am

Prices on the new Hyundai Venue 190k and 215k for the fully loaded Kia should bring the Seltos here

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 2nd, 2019, 6:03 pm

I think I might be the newest Mazda fanboy because, if SS launches that CX-30 to T&T, I will happily overlook any Korean product for that piece of Jap engineering. I hope I don’t get to be a stephon (whatever happened to him?) lol.

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » November 6th, 2019, 4:07 am

Looking for some advice. What would you consider good cars for a family. Got a toddler and a baby on the way. Have a jetta right now but find space is tight in the front seat with car seat installed. New and used options will be appreciated

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 6th, 2019, 11:12 am

Lots of fraud, scam, lies and deception in buying a used vehicle. You really have to do in-depth scrutiny when it comes to a local used. It could be a restored vehicle from flood, fire, collision etc etc. Unless you know the owner and you know the vehicle purchased since day 1 and the way how it was kept then buying some local used vehicles would be a good idea.

Outside of that, my advice is the Suzuki Ertiga, Toyota Rush and Nissan Livina. All of them are very fuel efficient, they all have 1.5 engines putting out 103hp. They all have auto transmissions, alloy rims, typical interior amenities and safety features. The Ertiga is $188k, Rush tops out at $225k (if the promo is still on as previous price was $249k) and the Livina starts at $229k and tops out to $249k with leather seats. As mentioned previously in this thread, the Nissan is really a Mitsubishi product and uses the 4A91 engine with INVECS 2 4AT transmission. We are also looking for a value 7 seater brand new and thus far, the Suzuki is the winner mainly because of the price.

Or you can join the crossover demanding world we live in today and consider stuff like the RAV4, CRV, Xtrail, CX5, Forester, Tucson, Equinox and Tiguan. I found that smaller crossovers such as the HRV, Qashqai, Sportage, Niro, Soul, ASX, Eclipse Cross, CX3, Vitara, SX4 S-Cross, Ignis, Creta, i20 Activ and Trax are way to small and generally expensive if you are looking for a more utilitarian purpose. IMO, I see value proposition in the CX5 which is like $316k vs buying say a fully loaded 7 seater Xtrail for $454k.

A roro Wingroad Y12 does have descent interior space as well since the backseat itself is adjustable which adds more room especially for car seats. At $95k for a 2016 model, I am sure this would be appealing to some but this is the new vehicle thread so that’s as far as I will go where this car is concerned. Good luck!

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”