TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby *KRONIK* » August 11th, 2017, 12:02 pm

^^^
Even tho all that u posted is true.

If u in the market for a swift/march/spark/yaris... u eh studying performance....u looking at economy.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » August 11th, 2017, 12:05 pm

totally agreed Kronik and good point

pipser
Street 2NR

Postby pipser » August 11th, 2017, 12:21 pm

Yeah but with the claimed mileage of 61.7 mpg and performance at 110 bhp with that boosted engine you can have both performance and economy

khandman
3NE 2NR for life

Postby khandman » August 12th, 2017, 11:55 am

So new car purchase for the wife is now. Options are the Mazda 2 at 165k, Honda city at 170k and lancer at 170k if u take financing from ansa merchant . Not looking at hyuandai or Kia. Not too keen on southern sales as their rep for after sales service sucks. City is nice, but trunk space is challenging. Lancer doesn't have too many features and the design is obviously dated, but reviews on durability and space are making it quite the contender.

Car will be used to transport my two year old and for wife to go to work and back mainly. Opinions and suggestions are welcome. This is a purchase that I've been procrastinating about for some time due to a number of factors, but I definitely have to purchase one within the next month or two.

Pirate
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Pirate » August 12th, 2017, 1:43 pm

I would choose the Lancer.
More space.
Higher resale.
More dependable.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » August 12th, 2017, 2:26 pm

I'd go with Mazda 2, it's small. But well equipped. None of those cars gonna have substantially different resale. And resale aside you have to live win the car.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » August 12th, 2017, 2:47 pm

I would pick the lancer from those options, but for that price range I would pick the Rio, new one is really nice

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » August 12th, 2017, 3:58 pm

Are you open to considering Suzuki? Baleno and Ciaz may be some decent options as well.

bess almera
Sweet on this forum

Postby bess almera » August 13th, 2017, 7:20 am

New Mazda CX-5 looks good. Bold looking front and a decent curved rear.

Also the Lexus RS200t is simply stunning. Only noticed one was imported among the batch of Toyotas though.

Sōsuke Aizen
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Sōsuke Aizen » August 13th, 2017, 2:57 pm

What about the new model Honda NSX?

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » August 13th, 2017, 3:06 pm

Sōsuke Aizen wrote:What about the new model Honda NSX?

Gonna buy one end of year please gawd.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » August 13th, 2017, 10:42 pm

bess almera wrote:New Mazda CX-5 looks good. Bold looking front and a decent curved rear.

Also the Lexus RS200t is simply stunning. Only noticed one was imported among the batch of Toyotas though.

You mean the IS200T?
Unless Toyota can match the price of the 320i or the A4, which we know they won't of course then they will probably sell only that 1.

bess almera
Sweet on this forum

Postby bess almera » August 14th, 2017, 8:29 am

Sorry it's the RX200t. A SUV

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » August 16th, 2017, 7:36 am

Hey guys, I have a question concerning 3 cars sold brand new in the showrooms and they are the Sentra 1.6, Lancer 1.6 and Mazda3 1.6. Based on a past discussion, am I to conclude that it is confirmed all those cars as prescribed by the manufacturers require 95RON premium petrol and that some owners were told not to worry as 92RON super can also work fine? I am no engine expert but wouldn't it be like a ticking time bomb to put super in a vehicle designed for premium in this road climate such as ours?

So why do I ask?
I made some observations when I could about the owners of these vehicles especially at gas stations and the majority of them put super in their tanks and when I politely asked on a few occasions (concerning the premium fuel requirement info I have), the owners generally never knew this and said thanks for sharing the info and they will call and verify with their sales rep. Another said nah it's fine cause they doh race up d engine or go up hills and they does put a treatment every so often and lastly I met another who said this is a regular basic car, regular cars take super and premium cars and dem does take premium gas like Benz and anytin 2.0 and above so we safe lol. But isn't this wrong and setting the customer up for future trouble?

Guy in class with me had a hard time believing that his 1.6 Lancer required premium and a 2.0 Lancer could take the super.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » August 16th, 2017, 7:55 am

The only way to know for sure is in the owners manual. Thing about it is because those engines are NA .... It takes a while for the damage caused to show any ill effects.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » August 16th, 2017, 8:20 am

agent007 wrote:Hey guys, I have a question concerning 3 cars sold brand new in the showrooms and they are the Sentra 1.6, Lancer 1.6 and Mazda3 1.6. Based on a past discussion, am I to conclude that it is confirmed all those cars as prescribed by the manufacturers require 95RON premium petrol and that some owners were told not to worry as 92RON super can also work fine? I am no engine expert but wouldn't it be like a ticking time bomb to put super in a vehicle designed for premium in this road climate such as ours?

So why do I ask?
I made some observations when I could about the owners of these vehicles especially at gas stations and the majority of them put super in their tanks and when I politely asked on a few occasions (concerning the premium fuel requirement info I have), the owners generally never knew this and said thanks for sharing the info and they will call and verify with their sales rep. Another said nah it's fine cause they doh race up d engine or go up hills and they does put a treatment every so often and lastly I met another who said this is a regular basic car, regular cars take super and premium cars and dem does take premium gas like Benz and anytin 2.0 and above so we safe lol. But isn't this wrong and setting the customer up for future trouble?

Guy in class with me had a hard time believing that his 1.6 Lancer required premium and a 2.0 Lancer could take the super.

With a N.A engine the timings will adjust and little to damage will be done. Know tida's running over 7+ years on zupah.
Even met trini engineer who used to work with Hyundai in Germany and he said it was fine and the engine should be able handle It no problems.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » August 16th, 2017, 8:39 am

Knock sensors do what they supposed to do. Pull timing and prevent detonation when octane requirements are not met. There is absolutely no harm using super when these engines are used in the manner in which they were meant to be used.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » August 16th, 2017, 9:32 am

In that case put some Ron 87 in your car and see if the knock sensor helps you out indefinitely.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » August 16th, 2017, 9:41 am

Thanks for the response guys, I just thought that I would ask. I do recall in my Lancer that the owners manual basically indicated to put a lower grade petrol only as a temporary measure in the absence of premium fuel but if we apply the knock sensor logic, retarding ignition timing is done by the ECU every time the car is switched on with a downside to perhaps overall engine output in terms of power and torque but I'm not directly affected by this so I guess I'll let those whose garden that scenario falls in to water it accordingly lol.

Anyhow, the 2018 Audi Q5 2.0T Quattro has arrived at SS and the price is $507k IIRC but that is with the discount already applied. The regular price is way past $520k. You can even customize what size wheel you want obviously with an additional charge.

They also have the 2017 A4 2.0T for $420k and the Quattro at $495k.

The updated 2017 Q3 1.4T is $367k IIRC.

The A6 1.8T is $495k.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » August 16th, 2017, 10:15 am

So bought a cruze, man what a car! Love everything about it, only thing Im questioning is that front splitter air dam under the front bumper, it's pretty low, it seems to be very flexible and strong however, but still I see that as being the first thing on the car to break, so down to the engine, 1.4t di, uses super which I'm grateful for, fuel economy isn't bad, but it isn't the best, engine pulls really well, the transmission doesn't hesitate to.shift up or down and I never seem to have to floor it to gain speed, before you know it you're doing 120 and have to slow down, the interior quality is very good, I've noticed no rattles or squeaks so far, (ltz) car is quiet and the ride is firm but isn't harsh, u don't hear much suspension noise, the focus I had started having some suspension loosening and a weird creak around this point.

All in all, I say this new model is light years ahead of the old, for th price it's a great buy! The only issues I had was with lifestyle, on the day I picked up the car I had less than half tank of gas, which I brought up but they took care of it, also the rear mats were missing, so I had to go back to pick them up, hopefully servicing goes better.

agent007
punchin NOS

New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby agent007 » August 16th, 2017, 10:42 am

Congrats on the new car Zando. My gen1 Cruze held up pretty well especially the steering system and suspension. The 6T30 transmission in my car was the disappointment as it giving trouble again. Interior trim and leather seats held up well. Fuel economy was over 500kms per tank for an engine doing over 107k kms. I hope the new EPS system, 6T35 transmission, and 1.4T DI engine holds up well with this new gen2 model. I was told the new Cruze 6T35 and Trax 6T40 are better than the 6T30 found in the 1.6 and 1.8. At this time I wish all other gen1 1.6 and 1.8 owners the very best with their 6T30 transmissions cause I give up.

My sales and service experience with LSM went well but take a little piece of advice from me, don't take God out of your thoughts and void the warranty on that car. Ensure you service at LSM only and on time. Do not miss any intervals and please take your time. You do not want transmission headache down the road.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » August 16th, 2017, 10:51 am

regular cars take super and premium cars and dem does take premium gas like Benz and anyting 2.0 and above so we safe lol.

LoL sipping the Tanty Kams juice I see.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » August 16th, 2017, 11:10 am

agent007 wrote:Congrats on the new car Zando. My gen1 Cruze held up pretty well especially the steering system and suspension. The 6T30 transmission in my car was the disappointment as it giving trouble again. Interior trim and leather seats held up well. Fuel economy was over 500kms per tank for an engine doing over 107k kms. I hope the new EPS system, 6T35 transmission, and 1.4T DI engine holds up well with this new gen2 model. I was told the new Cruze 6T35 and Trax 6T40 are better than the 6T30 found in the 1.6 and 1.8. At this time I wish all other gen1 1.6 and 1.8 owners the very best with their 6T30 transmissions cause I give up.

My sales and service experience with LSM went well but take a little piece of advice from me, don't take God out of your thoughts and void the warranty on that car. Ensure you service at LSM only and on time. Do not miss any intervals and please take your time. You do not want transmission headache down the road.

Well, I guess we shall see, I'll keep you guys updated on it, sorry about that transmission issue, I have a friend who has the older model also, so far she hasn't had any issues, like I said, we shall see.

ACT DA FOOL
Sweet on this forum

Postby ACT DA FOOL » August 16th, 2017, 12:42 pm

Does anyone know if any Nissan or Hyundai offerings comes equipped (or optional?) with Android Auto?

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » August 16th, 2017, 1:09 pm

ACT DA FOOL wrote:Does anyone know if any Nissan or Hyundai offerings comes equipped (or optional?) with Android Auto?

Android auto doesn't work here :(

ACT DA FOOL
Sweet on this forum

Postby ACT DA FOOL » August 16th, 2017, 1:11 pm

zando wrote:
ACT DA FOOL wrote:Does anyone know if any Nissan or Hyundai offerings comes equipped (or optional?) with Android Auto?

how so?

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » August 16th, 2017, 1:30 pm

ACT DA FOOL wrote:
zando wrote:

how so?

We don't have the app for our region.

ACT DA FOOL
Sweet on this forum

Postby ACT DA FOOL » August 16th, 2017, 1:35 pm

zando wrote:
ACT DA FOOL wrote:
zando wrote:

how so?

We don't have the app for our region.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh what SHEIT?! Steups... Thanks, I never even thought of checking for it in the app store. Damn..

On that note, has anyone bought the new Chevy Trax? How would you compare it over the Qashqai? Yes i know, it's a different class of car.
Last edited by ACT DA FOOL on August 16th, 2017, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pirate
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Pirate » August 16th, 2017, 1:38 pm

Can't u still download the app through a 3rd part site, or use a VPN to look like ur in the US to download it.
If a US traveler come here and the rental has Android Auto, won't the app still work?

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » August 16th, 2017, 1:52 pm

Apple CarPlay works fine

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”