TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

francis1979
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby francis1979 » January 1st, 2018, 1:24 am

Skanky wrote:Gents, some recommendations for a new vehicle will be appreciated.

Have a female friend, who, because of her new job, is in the market for a new vehicle, with the main factors being:

1.Must be SUV type vehicle but not a pickup or car
2.Budget of 300k give or take
3.Decent reliability and after sales service
4.Must be able to blend into carparks full of euros and euro suvs.It might sound frivolous to some but this is the actual reason for having to get a new vehicle in the first place.

Thanks in advance.

#4 sounds like a nice way to place yourself in unwanted debt

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » January 1st, 2018, 7:06 am

It's pretty simple but not something most people would ever experience. Those who get it, get it.

Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, your image plays a huge part in how you are perceived, more so in business and even more in Trinidad. The higher up you go the more important your image becomes, especially to your clients and prospects. Successful people gravitate towards and will always feel more open towards doing business with other people they perceive as being successful.
No sensible person would want to put themselves in debt by buying a new car especially if they own a perfectly fine,decent car, free and clear of all encumbrances.

Would you rather put your life in the hands of the lawyer who drives a corolla or the one who drives a Porsche?
Would you rather your heart surgeon drove a lancer or an X5?

This however, is not the ole talk section, so let's keep the ole talk for that.Thanks to those of you who made meaningful contributions.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » January 1st, 2018, 9:22 pm

Skanky wrote:It's pretty simple but not something most people would ever experience. Those who get it, get it.

Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, your image plays a huge part in how you are perceived, more so in business and even more in Trinidad. The higher up you go the more important your image becomes, especially to your clients and prospects. Successful people gravitate towards and will always feel more open towards doing business with other people they perceive as being successful.
No sensible person would want to put themselves in debt by buying a new car especially if they own a perfectly fine,decent car, free and clear of all encumbrances.

Would you rather put your life in the hands of the lawyer who drives a corolla or the one who drives a Porsche?

This however, is not the ole talk section, so let's keep the ole talk for that.Thanks to those of you who made meaningful contributions.

From my experience, old established money tends to be low key and they fly under the radar ... One of my colleagues is the son of one of the richest land owners and business men in Chaguanas. He drives a Suzuki swift sport.

New money wants to scream out to the world "Look at me". Another colleague who is the son of a teacher inherited a house from an aunt, sold it and bought a Macan.
Image is not one of the most important factors as you rise in social status ... Its only for those who need it.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » January 1st, 2018, 10:34 pm

I understand what you saying chaos but skanky have a point to.... Many times people are judged based on what they drive.

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » January 2nd, 2018, 7:55 am

Skanky wrote:It's pretty simple but not something most people would ever experience. Those who get it, get it.

Actually your name comes before your image. As you move up people talk about you. They don't speak about what you drive necessarily but rather how good you are at what you're doing. No one chooses a lawyer based on what he/she drives.

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » January 2nd, 2018, 12:41 pm

That's what you call new money and it rared its head within the past 10 years or so. I remember years ago before clico went into trouble Lawrence Duprey was pumping in a Civic. Now as soon as u get a government contract men by Richmond Motors and Sterling ready to make it rain.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » January 2nd, 2018, 1:01 pm

Boy I could be rolling in a used Audi and save money vs buying my van new... But if people see me in that at work... The amount ah gossip to pass behind my back and the difference in how co-workers will look at me... Place not easy

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » January 2nd, 2018, 1:33 pm

Going solely off the prices on page 1 the list has been narrowed down to Kuga,Niro, H-RV, Tucson, Sportage and Grand Vitara.

You gents are way too smart.Can't pull one over on you guys.That lineup screams new money. She must be thinking 'wait till everyone sees me in my new Niro, Kuga or HR-V. I'll be the talk of the town/office.'

For the rest of people out there capable of chewing gum AND walking if you have any recommendations or reviews of the abovementioned or otherwise it will be appreciated.

slacker_83
Street 2NR

Postby slacker_83 » January 2nd, 2018, 2:49 pm

The Honda HR-V and Kia Niro are a class smaller than the Kuga/Tuscon/Grand Vitara/Sportage...They are both more Crossovers than Small SUVs... So if you are looking at practicality you should keep that in mind.

The Ford Kuga is good value for money, and has a more modern styling than the others you've mentioned. But thats just my opinion. I think the new model Mazda CX-5 has a European Look design but is a bit more pricier.

However, while opinions are good, you should definitely visit the delearships and test drive the lot of vehicles you narrowed your search too. See there pros and cons and then make a decision based on that.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » January 2nd, 2018, 2:50 pm

The Niro to.me is just a slightly taller than usual wago

steverandolph
3NE 2NR for life

Postby steverandolph » January 2nd, 2018, 2:54 pm

Skanky wrote:Going solely off the prices on page 1 the list has been narrowed down to Kuga,Niro, H-RV, Tucson, Sportage and Grand Vitara.

You gents are way too smart.Can't pull one over on you guys.That lineup screams new money. She must be thinking 'wait till everyone sees me in my new Niro, Kuga or HR-V. I'll be the talk of the town/office.'

For the rest of people out there capable of chewing gum AND walking if you have any recommendations or reviews of the abovementioned or otherwise it will be appreciated.

OP Men try to help you here. I beginning to think there is no female friend involved and you must be the insecure one. Come off the internet and schedule test drives of the cars you like and judge for yourself. Since you gonna be driving it after all.

Furthermore buy books on confidence building and read them before taking a car loan for the next 7 years just to impress people who really doh give a fcuk anyway.

You owe me a stag btw.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » January 2nd, 2018, 3:37 pm

I recommend how to win friends and influence people

Also Remember the Man with the expensive car is admired because he has everything and can still afford an expensive car.

Having an expensive car and struggling to get by does not fool anybody

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » January 2nd, 2018, 3:38 pm

Skanky wrote:Going solely off the prices on page 1 the list has been narrowed down to Kuga,Niro, H-RV, Tucson, Sportage and Grand Vitara.

4.Must be able to blend into carparks full of euros and euro suvs.It might sound frivolous to some but this is the actual reason for having to get a new vehicle in the first place.

None of these vehicles fit your 4th condition ... From the time you roll in with one of these your fellow co-workers with their euro's will think you are the new Janitor starting.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » January 2nd, 2018, 4:38 pm

Skanky wrote:Going solely off the prices on page 1 the list has been narrowed down to Kuga,Niro, H-RV, Tucson, Sportage and Grand Vitara. . .

:| Forget the Grand Vitara, that model is too old a design. The new Vitara is probably the best value for money. I would recommend the All-Grip model.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 2nd, 2018, 7:31 pm

aidan wrote:Saw a new niro on the road today. It looked like a euro from far. Very nice looking vehicle.
Saw a revo slam into 1 from behind by uwi last week...

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » January 2nd, 2018, 7:40 pm

I'm glad to have stimulated some discussion. I'm also thankful for the responses thus far.

So we're left with the Kuga/Tucson/Sportage and possibly (Grand) Vitara.

We'll be sure to test drive before making any decision.

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » January 3rd, 2018, 6:52 am

drchaos wrote:

None of these vehicles fit your 4th condition ... From the time you roll in with one of these your fellow co-workers with their euro's will think you are the new Janitor starting.

True

DJ Q
punchin NOS

Postby DJ Q » January 3rd, 2018, 11:08 am

Skanky wrote:I'm glad to have stimulated some discussion. I'm also thankful for the responses thus far.

Why not search the used market then?
Instead of "trying" to blend... just blend.

http://www.trinicarsforsale.com/databas ... #topofpage

All of these, in my opinion, are very good prices.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » January 3rd, 2018, 12:16 pm

x-trail hybrid new^

replace the Nissan badges with infinity badges....

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 4th, 2018, 4:51 pm

DJ Q wrote:
Skanky wrote:I'm glad to have stimulated some discussion. I'm also thankful for the responses thus far.

Why not search the used market then?
Instead of "trying" to blend... just blend.

All of these, in my opinion, are very good prices.

How is that PCP X5 a 2013 car? I had a mid number PCS which comes almost two series after and my car was registered in April 2011.

The PDK Audi........that person drove a sheit load of Kms in such a short period of time!!!

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » January 5th, 2018, 7:21 am

105000km In 5-6 years is average driving

lalloboy101
Sweet on this forum

Postby lalloboy101 » January 5th, 2018, 9:53 am

Cx-5 is really nice and well built, compared to the fully loaded Tucson ($319k), X-trail (basic $330k), the price of Cx-5 is not bad, with one trim being offered it goes for $312k. It has a euro feel to the interior, really spacious and handles well with a stiffer suspension. You should consider one as your options. Test drives are free, schedule one and give it a go, lets us know your thoughts

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 6th, 2018, 10:19 am

I realize that some people want features only and don’t care about other engineering virtues. When they see for example the kind of equipment listing you can get for under $300k in a Sportage GT Line all of a sudden the Kia becomes a bench mark and I don’t necessarily blame someone for thinking that way. The starter Xtrail, RAV4 and Forester are too expensive and the latter requires premium fuel only. The CX5 at $312k is an excellent price for what I consider a really special crossover. If SS brought in the fully loaded 2.5 model with the BOSE system and AWD for under $400k we would have taken it over the CRV. For us, we wanted the leather seats with power adjustment, sunroof, 7” touchscreen display with smart phone integration, the fancy LED headlamps, power tailgate and a reasonably okayish turbo engine which is far superior to any of the non turbo 2.0 engines in other crossovers so hence we went CRV. Having driven the CX5, the drive experience for us was simply the best. We were even willing to overlook the crappy dealer all because it’s a lovely vehicle but sadly Mazda doesn’t consider TT so we get basic products here. It may not be as loaded as a Sportage but the substance in the CX5 is generations ahead of the 2 South Korean crossover siblings. Lastly, for months I kept hearing that the Chevy Equinox turbo is on its way which will replace the dinosaur Captiva but LSM still hasn’t gotten any so we couldn’t wait for it. Before I go, I’ll lament again even if I got shot down before on this point but if someone is looking for a dynamically pleasing well equipped crossover with AWD and a turbo engine then the Ford Kuga at $299k and $345k would impress you. The build quality alone and the way that vehicle drives to me is almost sharp like the Mazda. The CRV comes close and for anyone who knows the previous 4 generations of Honda CRVs don’t use those as a guide to judge this new one. It’s like Honda stole some Mazda chassis engineers and brought some fun into it. The 2017/8 CRV drives nothing like its predecessors, it’s a whole new and different experience. As mentioned before, go do some test drives and be the judge for yourself as I can appreciate everyone’s tastes and priorities in a new vehicle are different.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » January 6th, 2018, 11:59 am

My parents mostly buy Honda's... Over the years their build quality has dropped. The Japanese manufactured models build quality is light years ahead of the newer Thai built models. The newer model while they have all the bells and whistles feel cheaper, more noises and vibrations.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 6th, 2018, 6:56 pm

I can confirm that the CRV was built in HoMoCo Thailand. I don’t have evidence to support that this new model is of a lesser quality than previous generations though. Perhaps your parents are subject matter experts in TQM and I am eager to learn more on the same (amongst others) thanks. Wanna save money on my next purchase.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » January 7th, 2018, 7:22 pm

agent007 wrote:I can confirm that the CRV was built in HoMoCo Thailand. I don’t have evidence to support that this new model is of a lesser quality than previous generations though. Perhaps your parents are subject matter experts in TQM and I am eager to learn more on the same (amongst others) thanks. Wanna save money on my next purchase.

:lol:

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » January 7th, 2018, 10:18 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:
aidan wrote:Saw a new niro on the road today. It looked like a euro from far. Very nice looking vehicle.

I hear the revo man say is cuz he had cruise control on yea

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 8th, 2018, 6:40 am

nick639v2 wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:

I hear the revo man say is cuz he had cruise control on yea
Cruise control?
In traffic?

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » January 8th, 2018, 9:15 am

How that stopping him from mashing brakes? He thought it was a Tesla with autopilot? Shoulda buy a optima if he didn't want to mash brakes

cryotec
3NE 2NR for life

Postby cryotec » January 8th, 2018, 9:57 am

the man need adaptive cruise control :D

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”