TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Re: T&T OFFICIAL new vehicle prices and discussion thread

Postby jhonnieblue » May 5th, 2018, 9:42 am

greggle71 wrote:200km sounds a bit low, just me but I would prefer always having a hybrid so I would have a petrol back up in any eventuality

No charging station grid just yet so you would have to power up at home and given the regular power ups required relative to the range of the fully electric version what would be the incremental increase of your home electricity bill
Quick charging grid is coming soon. At massy locations and other select ones.
With regards to cost , electric will always be cheaper than gas. Gas prices will also most likely be adjusted next budget or mid year review as global prices have risen meaning we are most likely back in subsidy.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » May 5th, 2018, 6:59 pm

I fine with charging at home once I have a range of 300 km or higher

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » May 6th, 2018, 9:22 am

PariaMan wrote:I fine with charging at home once I have a range of 300 km or higher

But what is the point.Same carbon emissions. Instead of burning the fossil fuel in the engine, it being burnt in the power station.Only makes sense with rapid chargers using renewable energy.Plus the price is ridiculous...let them keep it

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » May 6th, 2018, 9:26 am

randolphinshan wrote:
PariaMan wrote:I fine with charging at home once I have a range of 300 km or higher

But what is the point.Same carbon emissions. Instead of burning the fossil fuel in the engine, it being burnt in the power station.Only makes sense with rapid chargers using renewable energy.Plus the price is ridiculous...let them keep it

Natural gas is cleaner than gasoline. It does make a difference.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 6th, 2018, 10:52 am

randolphinshan wrote:

Price in the states starts at 29K multiply that by 8 and you get 236K ... starts at 240 in T&T.

Not bad if you ask me.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » May 6th, 2018, 11:27 am

drchaos wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:

Price in the states starts at 29K multiply that by 8 and you get 236K ... starts at 240 in T&T.

Not bad if you ask me.

Multiply by 7. They getting bank rates. So even below $7

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » May 6th, 2018, 11:49 am

car wrote:
drchaos wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:

Not bad if you ask me.

He wasn’t pricing based on exchange rate. Just a general guide that you multiply us prices by 10 to get the TT price after you add duties, customs, vat plus dig out eye.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » May 6th, 2018, 1:55 pm

At 240000 for the electric ioniq the sales said 9 months between servicing .If this is true you getting SAVING on maintenance and fuel . Which could be as high as 1300 a month which can go towards installment

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 6th, 2018, 2:42 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
car wrote:
drchaos wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:

Not bad if you ask me.

He wasn’t pricing based on exchange rate. Just a general guide that you multiply us prices by 10 to get the TT price after you add duties, customs, vat plus dig out eye.

Yeah Massy gets bank rates but you need to consider their overheads, brokerage and shipping on the item.
So lack of Duty and VAT on the item. Hence using a X8 conversion.

I am sure Massy is still making a nice/fat profit off these vehicles as they get distributor pricing ... I have heard it can as much as 60K for vehicles in the 200 to 300K price range.

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » May 6th, 2018, 4:22 pm

drchaos wrote:
car wrote:
drchaos wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:

Not bad if you ask me.

Yeah Massy gets bank rates but you need to consider their overheads, brokerage and shipping on the item.

I am sure Massy is still making a nice/fat profit off these vehicles as they get distributor pricing ... I have heard it can as much as 60K for vehicles in the 200 to 300K price range.

You are correct pallos.Massy then Neal and Massy Motors got the previous model Navara for 160 k. It was sold for 240 k average, for the 4 x4 auto fabric version. That is about 60 k profit after sales agents commission, etc....so you guys go ahead and fool yourself and multiply by 8, 10, etc.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » May 6th, 2018, 4:26 pm

What is the going rate of the hybrid ioniqs

Cause the more I think about the all electric version... The more I realize that it doesn't make much sense.
If the hybrid is 30000 cheaper than the all electric.... That is a lot of money to spend on fuel and servicing. You are looking at 150000kms of driving using an estimate of 20km/litre.
You also are not hampered by any range restrictions. Insurance premiums and installments will be lower.

Having never seen an all electric vehicle... What in that vehicle requires regular servicing. What are they planning to do every 9 months.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 6th, 2018, 5:05 pm

kamakazi wrote:What is the going rate of the hybrid ioniqs

Cause the more I think about the all electric version... The more I realize that it doesn't make much sense.
If the hybrid is 30000 cheaper than the all electric.... That is a lot of money to spend on fuel and servicing. You are looking at 150000kms of driving using an estimate of 20km/litre.
You also are not hampered by any range restrictions. Insurance premiums and installments will be lower.

Having never seen an all electric vehicle... What in that vehicle requires regular servicing. What are they planning to do every 9 months.

They will make you bring it in to "check on components" Like tire pressure, brake pad wear, suspension alignment, battery health, brake fluid. According to the Canadian manual being circulated on some online forums list the only thing that needs to change is cabin air filter every year.

So essentially they gonna justify a $1000 to $1500 service bill for inspecting parts :lol:

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 6th, 2018, 5:10 pm

randolphinshan wrote:
drchaos wrote:
car wrote:
drchaos wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:

Not bad if you ask me.

You are correct pallos.Massy then Neal and Massy Motors got the previous model Navara for 160 k. It was sold for 240 k average, for the 4 x4 auto fabric version. That is about 60 k profit after sales agents commission, etc....so you guys go ahead and fool yourself and multiply by 8, 10, etc.

So you have a problem with a dealership making a healthy profit on a vehicle??? Whats their incentive to bring these vehicles if they not going to be making money?

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » May 6th, 2018, 5:12 pm

But if you were spending 1500 every 3 months servicing the hybrid that would be 4500 in 9 months. So you will be saving 3500 every 9 months. To save 35000 will take 90 months or about 7 years and that is not counting the fuel savings. Also no timing belts. Spark plugs and all that sort of things to ever change. I think in the long run you will easily make up that 40000

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 6th, 2018, 7:17 pm

But TTEC rates going up :shock:

CNG is a better deal .

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » May 6th, 2018, 7:18 pm

Gas going up too . I use to spend 75 $ in diesel to full up now I spending 200

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » May 6th, 2018, 7:33 pm

PariaMan wrote:But if you were spending 1500 every 3 months servicing the hybrid that would be 4500 in 9 months. So you will be saving 3500 every 9 months. To save 35000 will take 90 months or about 7 years and that is not counting the fuel savings. Also no timing belts. Spark plugs and all that sort of things to ever change. I think in the long run you will easily make up that 40000
So my next question is how long is the warranty on both vehicles cause nobody spending money to service a vehicle at the dealership after the warranty... You kinda on your own at that point.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 6th, 2018, 7:38 pm

kamakazi wrote:
PariaMan wrote:But if you were spending 1500 every 3 months servicing the hybrid that would be 4500 in 9 months. So you will be saving 3500 every 9 months. To save 35000 will take 90 months or about 7 years and that is not counting the fuel savings. Also no timing belts. Spark plugs and all that sort of things to ever change. I think in the long run you will easily make up that 40000
So my next question is how long is the warranty on both vehicles cause nobody spending money to service a vehicle at the dealership after the warranty... You kinda on your own at that point.

This is where they will try to stick it to you ...
Battery warranty will probably be 10 years.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » May 6th, 2018, 7:40 pm

Will.find out tomorrow but at nine month service intervals warranty not really a worry for me

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 6th, 2018, 7:41 pm

RedVEVO wrote:

CNG is a better deal .

CNG is a joke.

Only one OEM vehicle available and it sucks .... Plus any new vehicle install voids your warranty and add that to the fact that you will now have a vehicle without a trunk.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » May 6th, 2018, 7:44 pm

Plus gas station every 2 days

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 6th, 2018, 7:46 pm

drchaos wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:

CNG is a better deal .

CNG is a joke.

Only one OEM vehicle available and it sucks .... Plus any new vehicle install voids your warranty and add that to the fact that you will now have a vehicle without a trunk.

Wetfoot Grenadian CNG is used by PTSC buses .. :roll:

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » May 6th, 2018, 7:49 pm

drchaos wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:

CNG is a better deal .

CNG is a joke.

That really sucks

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 6th, 2018, 7:56 pm

PariaMan wrote:
drchaos wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:

CNG is a better deal .

CNG is a joke.

That really sucks

Per above is not the truth .. to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth

The CNG Civic is a best seller @ ANSA and very popular with the ladies.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 6th, 2018, 8:56 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
PariaMan wrote:
drchaos wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:

CNG is a better deal .

CNG is a joke.

That really sucks

Per above is not the truth .. to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth

The CNG Civic is a best seller @ ANSA and very popular with the ladies.

Really? You have access to ANSA sales numbers?
How many City CNG's are sold per month?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » May 6th, 2018, 11:32 pm

Next point of interest is charging time... It takes quite some time to charge this thing from household outlets which limits its effective range... Based on the EV charge time calculator and some rough calculations, Sando to POS is starting to approach the limits of daily use... Which might work for some.
The one day you have an emergency journey to make though, you will have to whip out the calculator to make sure you have the range. Would be interesting though if/when you can charge the vehicle while it is parked where you are working. Would be hilarious during the first few years when it have extension cords running to a car, and when they have parks reserved for EVs and ICE cars parked there.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 6th, 2018, 11:40 pm

kamakazi wrote:Next point of interest is charging time... It takes quite some time to charge this thing from household outlets which limits its effective range... Based on the EV charge time calculator and some rough calculations, Sando to POS is starting to approach the limits of daily use... Which might work for some.
The one day you have an emergency journey to make though, you will have to whip out the calculator to make sure you have the range. Would be interesting though if/when you can charge the vehicle while it is parked where you are working. Would be hilarious during the first few years when it have extension cords running to a car, and when they have parks reserved for EVs and ICE cars parked there.

Well its not that bad ... Sando to POS and back works up to just over 100KM so you still have half the battery available. Also Hyundai is quite conservative with the battery range at 200KM ... Reviews have actually put the number closer to 250KM.

They also had a plan to install clipper Fast chargers at Massy stores nationwide, This seems to have stalled with shake up last year with senior management. Most people should be fine at home to charge over night should be around 10 hours with a standard home plug.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » May 6th, 2018, 11:42 pm

RedVEVO wrote:

CNG is a better deal .

I await the ionic with the solar roof top.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » May 6th, 2018, 11:43 pm

5 hours with the charger they providing according to the salesman

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » May 6th, 2018, 11:44 pm

drchaos wrote:
kamakazi wrote:Next point of interest is charging time... It takes quite some time to charge this thing from household outlets which limits its effective range... Based on the EV charge time calculator and some rough calculations, Sando to POS is starting to approach the limits of daily use... Which might work for some.

Well its not that bad ... Sando to POS and back works up to just over 100KM so you still have half the battery available. Also Hyundai is quite conservative with the battery range at 200KM ... Reviews have actually put the number closer to 250KM.

They also had a plan to install clipper Fast chargers at Massy stores nationwide, This seems to have stalled with shake up last year with senior management. Most people should be fine at home to charge over night should be around 10 hours with a standard home plug.
It's 10 hours if the battery is low... The higher it is the longer it takes to charge... Similar cell phone charging problems

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”