TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Dave » February 9th, 2019, 8:52 am

I am with carluva. No longer do we see deals by a dealer but more like one person sets the bar and others price to suit.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » February 9th, 2019, 10:54 pm

Anyone visited the open house event to see the new mitsubishi? I was planning to pass but yard work ran longer than planned...

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 10th, 2019, 12:13 am

pics taken from fb:
PRICES:
2019 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross 1.5T 2WD
$279k - fabric
$295k - leather

fully loaded comes with:
1.5 DOHC 16V MIVEC Turbo (148hp and 250Nm torque)
CVT transmission
paddle shifters
steering mounted audio, bluetooth and cruise controls
3 airbags
panoramic sunroof (front tilt/slide and rear fixed glass)
manual operable tailgate
rear spoiler
reverse camera
18" 5-lug alloy rims on 225/55/18 tyres
rear mud guards
leather seats with powered driver's side adjustment
HUD screen on top dashboard
blind spot monitoring (BSM)
rear cross traffic alert (RCTA)
forward collision alert (FCA)
Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
ABS, EBD, EBA, TCS, ESP, HSA
Dual zone digital auto climate control
4 or 6 speaker stereo with 6" LCD screen AM/FM/CD/MP3/USB/BT
full size spare
auto lights and auto wipers
Front heated seats
Split folding rear seatbacks with center arm rest
etc etc

Does not have:
S-AWC (AWD)
Hill descent control
Rockford fosgate audio
auto dimming rear view mirror
side+curtain airbags
rear AC vents
power tailgate
front mud guards
wireless charging pad
running boards
Front and rear parking sensors
360 camera
Torque vectoring control
Headlamp washers
Memory seats
Puddle lamps
LED fog lights

Overall, it seemed like a descent vehicle but I am generally disappointed in the feature content that Diamond Motors got and the overall build quality. It replaces the aged ASX locally which does not make any sense to be imported anymore because of that 2000cc motor being subject to the MVT, VAT and Duty greed on the government's part. Is it a step up from the ASX? Oh yes! Is it a generally attractive proposition given the competition (Rush, HRV, Juke, Qashqai, CX3, SX4 S-Cross, Vitara, XV, i20 Active, Creta, Soul, Niro, Sportage, Trax and Ecosport) it has? I would say yes.
Last edited by agent007 on February 10th, 2019, 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Barbz
Riding on 13's

Postby Barbz » February 12th, 2019, 1:53 pm

Useful information. :)

valentino 46
Riding on 13's

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby valentino 46 » February 12th, 2019, 3:52 pm

Was disappointed when I went to check the Ioniq hybrid that there was no digital dash(Speedo) , no tach, no android auto or Apple car play , no steering paddles to adjust braking regen, don’t know what else was left out for trinidad . All of these features are standard from all the YouTube videos I looked at.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » February 12th, 2019, 9:39 pm

Interesting there OP, re: mitsubishi.

The prices are nice for what you are getting. The only thing that stood out was the two airbags. That is something of a let down in this day and age and for that price range.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 13th, 2019, 12:45 am

valentino 46 wrote:Was disappointed when I went to check the Ioniq hybrid that there was no digital dash(Speedo) , no tach, no android auto or Apple car play , no steering paddles to adjust braking regen, don’t know what else was left out for trinidad . All of these features are standard from all the YouTube videos I looked at.

Paddles for regen was only available on the PHEV and the EV not on the regular hybrid internationally.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 13th, 2019, 12:47 am

carluva wrote:Interesting there OP, re: mitsubishi.

The prices are nice for what you are getting. The only thing that stood out was the two airbags. That is something of a let down in this day and age and for that price range.

I agree its down right criminal to be bringing in a vehicle with two airbags ... Considering the madness out there.

Looks like a CRV and XC-60 had an outside chile .... an den the back get beat with a ugly stick :lol:
The front is sweet tho.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » February 13th, 2019, 12:09 pm

Just looked at the promo video on Tuners website. The features seem adequate for the price, but chaos is right. The back of the car leaves alot to be desired and that split rear glass is quite an unusual design concept. Curious how visibility will be through the rear.

One good thing though - this vehicle is yet another option available to consumers and at that price, it is quite attractive, if you willing to compromise for the two air bags and that odd rear. Oh yes, and I know of several Mitsubishi owners who've all said that parts are expensive, so if that is indeed true, well that is another factor to consider.

Features-wise - look at this vehicle to the similarly priced Toyota Rush. The latter is a disappointment to say the least so at least Mitsubishi has a more competitive vehicle out there.

My thoughts - I am glad to see another vehicle available at what I feel to be a competitive cost price.

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » February 13th, 2019, 12:58 pm

Any review on the rush? Ride, power, noise, stability, gas consumption?
Thanks.

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » February 13th, 2019, 12:59 pm

Any review on the rush? Ride, power, noise, stability, gas consumption?
Thanks.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 13th, 2019, 7:09 pm

SNIPER 3000 wrote:Any review on the rush? Ride, power, noise, stability, gas consumption?
Thanks.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » February 14th, 2019, 10:15 am

With any new vehicle, was anyone able to get more that 10k off the original price?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » February 14th, 2019, 2:41 pm

SNIPER 3000 wrote:Any review on the rush? Ride, power, noise, stability, gas consumption?
Thanks.

Back In September of 2018 I did a lil write up for Tuners for the Rush.

Look for my post dated Tuesday, 25th September, 2018, 2.52 PM at the link below for my views.

http://www.trinituner.com/v4/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=237573&p=9816917&hilit=Toyota+Rush#p9816917

Unless the vehicle grew since then, I would stand by those views...

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 14th, 2019, 4:54 pm

I saw the Rush in person myself and there is something about it that I like. Perhaps, its the looks or the genuine simplicity of the vehicle itself. Yes I know its not the most powerful or the sharpest of handling compared to similarly equipped vehicles but I like it. Lets face something here, globally, SUVs, crossovers and pickups are selling more. There is an upward trend there but for cars, there is a downward trend. So for those who want the added utility of a crossover/SUV coupled with the benefits of having higher ground clearance and you're a family of 4, I see no reason why you should not consider the Rush. If you collapse the 2nd and 3rd row seats, the Rush can be cavernous for the avid pricesmart shopper. It has descent features and willing little motor. I know it has just over 100 horses but it will eventually get you there. You guys remember the Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.0 4WD? That vehicle is insanely slow. There was even a 1.6 model available in the Grand Vitaras as well and I never really heard people complain about its inability to do this or that etc even in 2WD form. The 1.5 in the Rush wont be powering 2 axles so this is going to be great news for those who would never ever venture off road. All vehicles are overpriced locally but when putting things into perspective, for $249k? A Toyota "SUV" priced like a Corolla? Its going to be a hot seller for a long time here.

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » February 14th, 2019, 5:28 pm

valentino 46 wrote:Was disappointed when I went to check the Ioniq hybrid that there was no digital dash(Speedo) , no tach, no android auto or Apple car play , no steering paddles to adjust braking regen, don’t know what else was left out for trinidad . All of these features are standard from all the YouTube videos I looked at.
As usual we always getting the dog sheit water down.. but super expensive pricing on vehicles . With little warranty.. lame mechanics and parts

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » February 15th, 2019, 1:20 pm

agent007 wrote:I saw the Rush in person myself and there is something about it that I like. Perhaps, its the looks or the genuine simplicity of the vehicle itself. Yes I know its not the most powerful or the sharpest of handling compared to similarly equipped vehicles but I like it. Lets face something here, globally, SUVs, crossovers and pickups are selling more. There is an upward trend there but for cars, there is a downward trend. So for those who want the added utility of a crossover/SUV coupled with the benefits of having higher ground clearance and you're a family of 4, I see no reason why you should not consider the Rush. If you collapse the 2nd and 3rd row seats, the Rush can be cavernous for the avid pricesmart shopper. It has descent features and willing little motor. I know it has just over 100 horses but it will eventually get you there. You guys remember the Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.0 4WD? That vehicle is insanely slow. There was even a 1.6 model available in the Grand Vitaras as well and I never really heard people complain about its inability to do this or that etc even in 2WD form. The 1.5 in the Rush wont be powering 2 axles so this is going to be great news for those who would never ever venture off road. All vehicles are overpriced locally but when putting things into perspective, for $249k? A Toyota "SUV" priced like a Corolla? Its going to be a hot seller for a long time here.

In agreement here. The attractiveness of a Rush @ 225K / 249K vs a corolla or civic @220K may seem one-sided.
The Rush have been sold-out with every batch brought in for the last 6 months since release. This seems suited to the regular family use of this vehicle and with its simplicity in mechanics it will grow in popularity.

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » February 15th, 2019, 7:26 pm

carluva wrote:
Thanks.

Back In September of 2018 I did a lil write up for Tuners for the Rush.

Look for my post dated Tuesday, 25th September, 2018, 2.52 PM at the link below for my views.

http://www.trinituner.com/v4/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=237573&p=9816917&hilit=Toyota+Rush#p9816917

Unless the vehicle grew since then, I would stand by those views...

Thanks,

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » February 15th, 2019, 7:28 pm

agent007 wrote:I saw the Rush in person myself and there is something about it that I like. Perhaps, its the looks or the genuine simplicity of the vehicle itself. Yes I know its not the most powerful or the sharpest of handling compared to similarly equipped vehicles but I like it. Lets face something here, globally, SUVs, crossovers and pickups are selling more. There is an upward trend there but for cars, there is a downward trend. So for those who want the added utility of a crossover/SUV coupled with the benefits of having higher ground clearance and you're a family of 4, I see no reason why you should not consider the Rush. If you collapse the 2nd and 3rd row seats, the Rush can be cavernous for the avid pricesmart shopper. It has descent features and willing little motor. I know it has just over 100 horses but it will eventually get you there. You guys remember the Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.0 4WD? That vehicle is insanely slow. There was even a 1.6 model available in the Grand Vitaras as well and I never really heard people complain about its inability to do this or that etc even in 2WD form. The 1.5 in the Rush wont be powering 2 axles so this is going to be great news for those who would never ever venture off road. All vehicles are overpriced locally but when putting things into perspective, for $249k? A Toyota "SUV" priced like a Corolla? Its going to be a hot seller for a long time here.

Maybe a sales man pitch, toyota says its going to increase the prices, as the current prices were " introductory".

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » February 15th, 2019, 10:06 pm

Sorry bro... that Rush is one of the ugliest piece of crap on the road. No matter how much of a Toyota fan boy you are you can't change the facts.

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Postby SLVR1 » February 16th, 2019, 9:15 pm

I was behind one today and that thing looks narrow and tall...like cornering will be an issue. It is not that attractive to me but for the price and needs of a person it can be a feasible alternative to what is out there. However, agent007 and others make some valid points that will make it appealing to certain buyers.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 17th, 2019, 5:09 pm

A5 sport back is a beauty. They could have made it more exciting by bringing the Rs5.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 17th, 2019, 8:01 pm

Awaits the G20

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » February 17th, 2019, 8:05 pm

lol ent
my only issue is how long after release date would the m performance parts like the aero program, diffusers, lowering springs etc would be available

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » February 18th, 2019, 10:15 am

SNIPER 3000 wrote:

Maybe a sales man pitch, toyota says its going to increase the prices, as the current prices were " introductory".
As expected... smh

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 18th, 2019, 3:04 pm

Crossovers now feel like a rip off... It's just a lifted version of a car (in some cases) for exorbitant premiums
Mazda cx3 is similar to a lifted Mazda 2
Subaru XV is similar to a lifted Impreza.
Honda HR-V is similar to a lifted fit
Mercedes gla is similar to a lifted A class.
Vitara might be similar to a lifted Swift.

And all for a slight increase in ground clearance... In my mind either have the SUV or the car.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 18th, 2019, 9:29 pm

You're right. The Eclipse Cross and ASX are based on a Lancer platform.

I'll take this opportunity to inform you guys of an oversight on my part. The Eclipse Cross comes with 3 airbags and not the 2 I initially reported. The 3rd being for the driver's side knee.

Hurry because the shipment is almost sold out and from the next one, the fully loaded will be priced at $310k.

Lastly on the topic of Mitsubishi, the Lancer is now officially dead as well as the ASX. My source could not confirm whether they will ever be importing the Pajero or Outlander anymore as a result of high taxation. Furthermore, my source could not confirm if they would be brining in the Mirage or the Chinese Grand Lancer.

Mitsubishi for now, locally, would be represented by the Eclipse Cross and L200 Sportero. The Fuso line of commercial vehicles remain untouched.

lalloboy101
Sweet on this forum

Postby lalloboy101 » February 19th, 2019, 9:08 am

I had a look at the eclipse on Friday, seems like a solidly built vehicle. The inside is about the size of a qasqhai minus the trunk. Seats felt comfortable and the features seemed adequate for the asking price. Still cant understand a price increase tho, as its a 1.5T engine.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » February 19th, 2019, 9:58 am

The information screen can be changed to show a bar type tach, speedo, charge animation, tyre pressures etc.

WRT the radio, I'm not sure if the fully loaded ones have the bigger screen with android auto etc, all the ones I've looked into have the regular smaller screen

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 19th, 2019, 3:00 pm

agent007 wrote:You're right. The Eclipse Cross and ASX are based on a Lancer platform.

I'll take this opportunity to inform you guys of an oversight on my part. The Eclipse Cross comes with 3 airbags and not the 2 I initially reported. The 3rd being for the driver's side knee.

Hurry because the shipment is almost sold out and from the next one, the fully loaded will be priced at $310k.

Lastly on the topic of Mitsubishi, the Lancer is now officially dead as well as the ASX. My source could not confirm whether they will ever be importing the Pajero or Outlander anymore as a result of high taxation. Furthermore, my source could not confirm if they would be brining in the Mirage or the Chinese Grand Lancer.

Mitsubishi for now, locally, would be represented by the Eclipse Cross and L200 Sportero. The Fuso line of commercial vehicles remain untouched.

The Grand Lancer is Taiwanese and not Chinese though.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”