TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby j.o.e » November 15th, 2017, 10:02 am

Is that the new CX-5 or discounted old stock?

lalloboy101
Sweet on this forum

Postby lalloboy101 » November 15th, 2017, 1:19 pm

That's the new CX-5 , the older model is $295k. I don't know if they have the older model tho

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 15th, 2017, 2:07 pm

agent007 wrote:ACT DA FOOL, my friend, the base RAV4 has risen to about $337k and the last known price for the 2.0 2wd fully loaded was $375k which was increased by now. The 2.5 4wd which they no longer bring was $428k but that price under the new tax increase would have been past $500k. A hybrid Camry 2.5 was around $600k. So in 2018 brace for a Rav4 to be around $400k at least for the fully loaded 2.0 2wd.

I expect the BMW X1, Mercedes GLA and Audi Q3 to sell more from next year. ANSA probably counting their lucky stars about that CRV 1.5T and it would make sense for Massy to get the Xtrail 1.6T but getting that info from my sources in Massy Motors in Morvant is like asking the POTUS for nuclear launch codes.

The RAV 4 is $299 K ( 2.0 2 WD ).

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 15th, 2017, 2:45 pm

The 2017 CX5 2.0 2wd was $304k but new stock is being sold around $315k. Wish it had the sunroof, electronic seats, power tailgate, bose and awd to name a few oh well.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » November 15th, 2017, 4:35 pm

Passed through ansa motors Chaguanas today, spotted two Ford focus RS and checked out the new CR-V, which is real nice, liking the headlights
Last edited by Kronik on November 15th, 2017, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 15th, 2017, 9:35 pm

Can anyone confirm if the new 2018 Subaru XV is here in the Massy showroom yet?

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » November 17th, 2017, 7:45 am

Anybody has the prices on Volvo? In particular the S60?

agent007
punchin NOS

New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby agent007 » November 17th, 2017, 9:23 am

Honda CRV 1.5T:
Was $359k now $369k. The special introductory offer is almost at an end where the price will head to $379k. The AWD version is on its way and may carry a price of $399k.

I understand despite the price increase, all shipments are sold out and everything physically in the country mostly registered and licensed waiting for plates and delivery to customer!

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » November 17th, 2017, 9:54 am

agent007 wrote:Honda CRV 1.5T:
Was $359k now $369k. The special introductory offer is almost at an end where the price will head to $379k. The AWD version is on its way and may carry a price of $399k.

I understand despite the price increase, all shipments are sold out and everything physically in the country mostly registered and licensed waiting for plates and delivery to customer!

People have money. They go raise it by 10k again and all will be sold out before they even reach.

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » November 17th, 2017, 10:31 am

Hmm I see series change again...

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 17th, 2017, 10:43 am

agent007 wrote:The 2017 CX5 2.0 2wd was $304k but new stock is being sold around $315k. Wish it had the sunroof, electronic seats, power tailgate, bose and awd to name a few oh well.

The new CX5s don't have Bose? The last version came in two trims and both had Bose IIRC.
Know someone who got one of the last of the old stock CX5s in August for $287k - 2WD version but it had a Bose system.

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » November 17th, 2017, 10:48 am

car wrote:
agent007 wrote:Honda CRV 1.5T:

People have money. They go raise it by 10k again and all will be sold out before they even reach.
Seven year loans and 100% financing from ansa in one makes it appealing.. Till the novelty wears off and they work out the math.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 17th, 2017, 10:53 am

Hi dizzy, unfortunately the new 2nd gen 2017 cx5 doesn’t come with the Bose in the base trim. It’s pretty basic actually but at the $304k price the overall package was still ok when compared to a base RAV4 and Xtrail.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 17th, 2017, 10:57 am

Boxy, I understand ANSA In One package also includes free servicing and comprehensive insurance. So basically all you doing is driving and putting fuel. The rest you leave to ANSA. That monthly installment might be the killer lol.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 17th, 2017, 11:53 am

agent007 wrote:Hi dizzy, unfortunately the new 2nd gen 2017 cx5 doesn’t come with the Bose in the base trim. It’s pretty basic actually but at the $304k price the overall package was still ok when compared to a base RAV4 and Xtrail.

The lower trim in the last CX5 was pretty loaded - 9 speaker Bose setup, traction control. 7 airbags, reverse camera, toggle control for audio in the centre, Ipad type screen for audio/entertainment, ebrake handbrake and push start (not really mindblowing though). However they were quoting $325k for that lower trim version in 2015 and only dropped to the <$300k price range when they knew the newer model was imminent.

Only missing or disappointing elements were the lighting system (the Mazda factory halogens are pretty poor at night), the 17" alloy rims which aren't all that particularly impressive and there was no AWD. But I mean the average Trini driver better off with traction control than AWD (I assume).

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 17th, 2017, 12:22 pm

IMO SS would have a tough time selling the CX5 locally. It’s 2.0 engine has a tax disadvantage against the small displacement turbos found in the Tucson, CRV and Kuga. To get a proper fully loaded CX5 you would need to get the 2.5 model and sadly that is now history because hardly anyone will pay more than half mil for a compact crossover from Mazda. So you really have to be a fan of Mazda and SS to spend $304-$313k thereabouts for the current only model offered which is a base model. Take a look at the Kuga for example, such an unloved gem locally that deserves more attention. For $300k you getting a fully equipped vehicle with awd and that Ford Sync 3 system with smart phone integration is a winner! I think you can get a Kia Sportage GT Line for $296k which is not bad at all and then the CRV “tunnup” the whole spectrum. The Honda is bigger, more powerful, safer and has more features than the previous model for less $$$ plus Honda has a strong name for reputation and resale value locally so things looking a bit interesting in the market going forward.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 17th, 2017, 11:00 pm

Ford Kuga a gem? International reviews don’t really agree ... UK reviewers were mostly uninspired and put that together with poor resale, lower than average quality and questionable reliability.

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » November 18th, 2017, 3:03 pm

What is the required fuel for the new CRV with the 1.5 turbo? Premium or super?

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » November 18th, 2017, 3:08 pm

sweeks wrote:What is the required fuel for the new CRV with the 1.5 turbo? Premium or super?

According to ttautoguide super

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » November 18th, 2017, 3:13 pm

drchaos wrote:Ford Kuga a gem? International reviews don’t really agree ... UK reviewers were mostly uninspired and put that together with poor resale, lower than average quality and questionable reliability.

And it 4kin orglee...

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » November 18th, 2017, 3:49 pm

Gladiator wrote:
drchaos wrote:Ford Kuga a gem? International reviews don’t really agree ... UK reviewers were mostly uninspired and put that together with poor resale, lower than average quality and questionable reliability.

And it 4kin orglee...

This

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 18th, 2017, 7:12 pm

car wrote:
sweeks wrote:What is the required fuel for the new CRV with the 1.5 turbo? Premium or super?

According to ttautoguide super

I will see what I can find out!

Sales person said they sold out till Jan, and they have two more models coming in by next year March. So far is the fully loaded 2 wheel drive version. Next year there will be a basic fabric and a fully loaded 4 wheel drive.
My father is considering purchasing the 4 wheel fully loaded next year. He was quoted 389k.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 18th, 2017, 7:12 pm

Gladiator wrote:

And it 4kin orglee...

:lol:

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » November 19th, 2017, 12:13 am

A question on the new car topic.... a little unorthodox

When choosing a new car what is more important for you as a buyer. Is it the exterior looks, features and interior quality or the engine and performance specs.

Personally I find the WRX for example lacking in exterior styling, interior finish and features but it has a well performing turbocharged engine with AWD.

On the other hand you can get a BMW 316i with a lovely interior and good looking exterior but a weak power train.

I mean with the traffic nowadays you cant really drive that fast, might as well spend that time in a nice interior.

Thoughts???

agent007
punchin NOS

New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby agent007 » November 19th, 2017, 10:02 am

I disagree with you all on the Ford Kuga/Escape. If some of you all consider that to be ugly then what are your thoughts on the RAV4, Outlander and Sportage?

Gladiator, some people prefer a badge to make a statement and some people prefer more features for the same price. The BMW 318i is the newer version to the 316i. A 1.5 DOHC 12V 3-cylinder turbo engine replaces the previous 1.6 DOHC 16V 4-cylinder turbo. The HP and torque output remains the same. You can get a starter 318i right now for $390k and if you want the MSport kit which upgrades the wheels to 18”, more aggressively flaired bumpers, sports steering wheel, front LED lights and a Harmon Kardon sound system for $450k. I find the interior space of a 3 series to be pretty small and I am not impressed with the equipment listing for the price nor the quality of materials used but at the end of the day, some or most will label it as a premium entry level German sports sedan far above any midsize jap or Korean car.

I would much rather drive a fully loaded Mazda 6 2.5 for $347k (last known price) or a Kia Optima 2.0 ($287k) or a Sonata 2.4 ($400k?) or a Fusion Titanium 1.5T Turbo ($365k?), Accord 2.0 ($379k) and Altima 2.5 (around $400k). Right now the 2018 Passat 1.8T fully loaded is $385k and the equipment listing will blow your mind for that price. The trunk space, interior volume and general equipment listing for the price of all those midsize sedans above is superior to a 3 series and most are better in power/performance or similar.

$390k can Land you a brand new CRV turbo with cash to spare for insurance etc and SUVs/Crossovers are the crave these days so that’s not a bad deal either but like I said, many would never be caught dead in a Nissan or Hyundai or Kia or some other mainstream bargain basement brand. They would much rather impress at the school reunion or family get together with a brand new shiny cramped basic BMW! Notice I haven’t talked about resale value or reliability either 2 areas BMW cannot hold a candle against Toyota, Nissan or Honda etc and one more thing, the argument of crash safety wouldn’t count because all those midsizers I mentioned got impressive results (some are even top safety picks!).

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » November 19th, 2017, 12:36 pm

Gladiator wrote:A question on the new car topic.... a little unorthodox

When choosing a new car what is more important for you as a buyer. Is it the exterior looks, features and interior quality or the engine and performance specs.

Personally I find the WRX for example lacking in exterior styling, interior finish and features but it has a well performing turbocharged engine with AWD.

On the other hand you can get a BMW 316i with a lovely interior and good looking exterior but a weak power train.

I mean with the traffic nowadays you cant really drive that fast, might as well spend that time in a nice interior.

Thoughts???

Depends on the individual. If performance is not the main attraction point then yeah exterior and interior looks and features.

If you enjoy driving though then get something that is fun to drive maybe even at the expense of other things.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » November 19th, 2017, 12:37 pm

Oh yeah and AWD is fuh gurls

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » November 21st, 2017, 3:05 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:Oh yeah and AWD is fuh gurls

Do we really need it on our roads? Reading online seems to market it for countries with snow.

Most cars have to tag on a further $80-100 K for AWD. Is it something you should be putting on your order or just another trinket that does not add much value to the car?

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » November 21st, 2017, 3:34 pm

Gladiator wrote:
Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:Oh yeah and AWD is fuh gurls

Do we really need it on our roads? Reading online seems to market it for countries with snow.

Most cars have to tag on a further $80-100 K for AWD. Is it something you should be putting on your order or just another trinket that does not add much value to the car?

It have fellas in wok that have to have a 4wd or awd as a feature on their vehicle yet they never drive on a dirt or gravel road yet.

slacker_83
Street 2NR

Postby slacker_83 » November 21st, 2017, 6:06 pm

I've been shopping around for a new vehicle for a couple months, mainly looking at SUV's and PickUps. Based on reviews online and test drives of a few, I became interested in the VW Amarok. The Amarok's Interior (Highline) is on another level when you compare other 4X4s and the drive is pretty comfortable. I am concerned however about a few things,namely
1)service at Massy Motors (Best Auto Ltd).
2) Due to the low numbers on the road, a lack of information on problems/issues.
3) Resale value for VW. Because I know trinis dont like to go away from Japanese units.

Any thoughts on whether its a good buy, or should i look at the more mainstream brands. Please dont recommend a Toyota, because while the Brand is excellent, TTTL is garbage service.

The other option which caught my eye is the new 1.5 Turbo CRV. its a little above budget, but i know servicing and insurance would be less in the long run. And i believe a CRV resale value should be pretty good.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”