TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

crazychinee
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 778
Joined: August 5th, 2005, 7:07 am

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby crazychinee » April 17th, 2012, 5:41 am

nemesis wrote:
acesinghit wrote:back to new car prices:

I saw the Audi A6 2.0T is now reduced to $563k from $575k now how unexpected is that? It's now a better bargain than the MB E250 and the overpriced bimmer 523i

now the Passat 2.0 TFSI Highline is below $400k, would you all say the A6's price is justified over its lesser sibling?


A6 is quieter, rides better, smoother shifting, better quality leather, more features, significantly better looking and is a more upscale brand. That's basically some of what you're paying for. Considering that it's also cheaper than the Merc/BMW I'd say it's not so bad.


You consider a 12k discount on a half a million dollar vehicle something big? I'll still choose MB over Audi any day for simple reliablity. Too many horror stories from friends about their Audi's.

On a side note: if you morder a C180 before the next order cycle it's around $380,000
(Almost a $40,000) big drop in cost.

Advertisement
User avatar
Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10283
Joined: October 10th, 2009, 4:50 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Stephon. » April 17th, 2012, 6:17 am

aidan wrote:anyone has info on 'work horse' model 4x4 pickups (base models with the black bumpers). Looking for one for work use. Looking at the Frontier, BT50, Ranger and maybe Mahindra. Any input is appreciated.


Know a few people with the BT50, it's a 50/50 I guess, two of the guys I know that service regularly at the company have had problems recently, TCL and TCN.

Mr TCL's dura-liner is beginning to rot or something like that he told me to that effect, he carried it back and they said they would fix it for him, no mechanical issues though.

TCN has a part in his van that needs to be changed, it hasn't gone yet but when he carried it to service one of the men in the servicing bay told him that he needs to change that part soon and they don't have it in stock.


Another two owners I know TCJ/TCJ Electrican and an A/C installer
None of them service at the company after the free service, one does servicing himself and the other only service when he finds time, which isn't very often, neither of them have had problems with their vehicles so far.

The BT-50 Facelift should be out later this year though :D

User avatar
acesinghit
30 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2693
Joined: May 12th, 2004, 9:09 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby acesinghit » April 17th, 2012, 12:01 pm

crazychinee 380k for a c180? Tell me, is the MB still worth that price considering the existence of the a4 and s60 which are cheaper? I mean, I heard horror stories on MB too so the question is, is it really a superior product for that price?

User avatar
aidan
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2249
Joined: August 26th, 2005, 2:09 am
Location: Saving the world.
Contact:

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby aidan » April 17th, 2012, 2:24 pm

Stephon. wrote:
aidan wrote:anyone has info on 'work horse' model 4x4 pickups (base models with the black bumpers). Looking for one for work use. Looking at the Frontier, BT50, Ranger and maybe Mahindra. Any input is appreciated.


Know a few people with the BT50, it's a 50/50 I guess, two of the guys I know that service regularly at the company have had problems recently, TCL and TCN.

Mr TCL's dura-liner is beginning to rot or something like that he told me to that effect, he carried it back and they said they would fix it for him, no mechanical issues though.

TCN has a part in his van that needs to be changed, it hasn't gone yet but when he carried it to service one of the men in the servicing bay told him that he needs to change that part soon and they don't have it in stock.


Another two owners I know TCJ/TCJ Electrican and an A/C installer
None of them service at the company after the free service, one does servicing himself and the other only service when he finds time, which isn't very often, neither of them have had problems with their vehicles so far.

The BT-50 Facelift should be out later this year though :D


Thanks for the input. Will call around for pricing.

User avatar
cinco
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 18292
Joined: January 6th, 2006, 3:21 pm
Location: Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Contact:

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby cinco » April 17th, 2012, 2:32 pm

oh the lower models on the pickups the bt50 and the ranger are a lot nicer inside than that hilux and navarra
my 0.2c

User avatar
Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9159
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 10:20 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Habit7 » April 17th, 2012, 3:22 pm

Any local reviews on the new Kia Rio?

User avatar
MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 3494
Joined: March 22nd, 2004, 2:46 pm
Location: Where your ride simply cannot go
Contact:

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby MadCrix » April 18th, 2012, 8:32 am

ok so i test drove the elantra.

my thoughts...

great looking car, aot of features that are with the package and not as extras
roomy inside good seating position and steerring feel
feels nimble but need to see on a longer drive to say for certain.
minimal road noise, wide viewing area from drivers seat, small rear view as back glass is small( one must note that to compensate a rear view camera is provided but only comes in the fully loaded version)
could not test lights as is was day time :) braking was firm and had good feedback to pedal. it absorbed bumps and hoes on teh savannah relatively ok, not as good as a honda but i put it down as stiffer suspension.

what i did not like but could live with was hp( i spolit by vtec and evo boost :))

Overall i can say it is a pretty good car at a great price range... would i recommend it.. well i am downpaying on one this week :)

kkallicharan
Street 2NR
Posts: 36
Joined: January 23rd, 2012, 10:45 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby kkallicharan » April 19th, 2012, 5:45 pm

Whats d price of d elantra now?

User avatar
MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 3494
Joined: March 22nd, 2004, 2:46 pm
Location: Where your ride simply cannot go
Contact:

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby MadCrix » April 19th, 2012, 6:50 pm

209 fully loaded
186 base

likei said the difference between fully loaded and base is ebd, sunroof, reverse camera, side curtain airbags, leather interior and powered drivers seat

User avatar
scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1620
Joined: October 23rd, 2005, 4:21 pm
Location: Point Of No Return
Contact:

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby scotty_buttons » April 19th, 2012, 6:50 pm

MadCrix wrote:ok so i test drove the elantra.

my thoughts...

great looking car, aot of features that are with the package and not as extras
roomy inside good seating position and steerring feel
feels nimble but need to see on a longer drive to say for certain.
minimal road noise, wide viewing area from drivers seat, small rear view as back glass is small( one must note that to compensate a rear view camera is provided but only comes in the fully loaded version)
could not test lights as is was day time :) braking was firm and had good feedback to pedal. it absorbed bumps and hoes on teh savannah relatively ok, not as good as a honda but i put it down as stiffer suspension.

what i did not like but could live with was hp( i spolit by vtec and evo boost :))

Overall i can say it is a pretty good car at a great price range... would i recommend it.. well i am downpaying on one this week :)


congrats man!

kkallicharan
Street 2NR
Posts: 36
Joined: January 23rd, 2012, 10:45 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby kkallicharan » April 19th, 2012, 8:36 pm

actually checked d cruze today out of curiousity (n a lil too much free time). 4 any1 who is interested .... 190000 for d fabric (would go wit d elantra over this) and 220 for d leather (would go wit d jetta over dis). apparently they're bringin a 1.6 version of d cruze 4 a lower price because ppl buyin d elantra despite d fact dat d cruze is a 1.8.....so to compete in a few mths dey gonna make d 1.6 cruze standard vs d 1.8 which dey sellin out now (open for correction but i believe dis is wat d rep meant)

User avatar
Allergic2BunnyEars
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6645
Joined: September 15th, 2011, 12:32 am

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » April 19th, 2012, 9:28 pm

Goddamn that elantra has alot of kit!

User avatar
NR8
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1390
Joined: January 14th, 2012, 2:20 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby NR8 » April 20th, 2012, 1:21 am

^^^ Its does indeed! Not a bad price at all for all those fully loaded features imho.

crazychinee
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 778
Joined: August 5th, 2005, 7:07 am

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby crazychinee » April 20th, 2012, 5:28 am

nemesis wrote:
acesinghit wrote:back to new car prices:

I saw the Audi A6 2.0T is now reduced to $563k from $575k now how unexpected is that? It's now a better bargain than the MB E250 and the overpriced bimmer 523i

now the Passat 2.0 TFSI Highline is below $400k, would you all say the A6's price is justified over its lesser sibling?


A6 is quieter, rides better, smoother shifting, better quality leather, more features, significantly better looking and is a more upscale brand. That's basically some of what you're paying for. Considering that it's also cheaper than the Merc/BMW I'd say it's not so bad.

Tranny failure rate as high as the A4? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
cinco
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 18292
Joined: January 6th, 2006, 3:21 pm
Location: Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Contact:

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby cinco » April 20th, 2012, 8:08 am

crazychinee wrote:
nemesis wrote:
acesinghit wrote:back to new car prices:

I saw the Audi A6 2.0T is now reduced to $563k from $575k now how unexpected is that? It's now a better bargain than the MB E250 and the overpriced bimmer 523i

now the Passat 2.0 TFSI Highline is below $400k, would you all say the A6's price is justified over its lesser sibling?


A6 is quieter, rides better, smoother shifting, better quality leather, more features, significantly better looking and is a more upscale brand. That's basically some of what you're paying for. Considering that it's also cheaper than the Merc/BMW I'd say it's not so bad.

Tranny failure rate as high as the A4? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and you get southern sales exemplary service

User avatar
Allergic2BunnyEars
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6645
Joined: September 15th, 2011, 12:32 am

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » April 20th, 2012, 10:07 am

What could possibly be wrong with Southern Sales service?

User avatar
Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10283
Joined: October 10th, 2009, 4:50 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Stephon. » April 20th, 2012, 11:06 am

I have yet to have a problem with southern sales service.

User avatar
Allergic2BunnyEars
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6645
Joined: September 15th, 2011, 12:32 am

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » April 20th, 2012, 11:12 am

Stephon. wrote:I have yet to have a problem with southern sales service.


cuz nothing happened to the car?

User avatar
NR8
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1390
Joined: January 14th, 2012, 2:20 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby NR8 » April 20th, 2012, 11:57 am

Stephon. wrote:I have yet to have a problem with southern sales service.

Prepare your angus.

User avatar
acesinghit
30 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2693
Joined: May 12th, 2004, 9:09 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby acesinghit » April 20th, 2012, 12:15 pm

in another thread it seems captainzaak had pretty good service from southern sales but he has a kia cerato not a mazda 3 4-door sports car.

User avatar
MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 3494
Joined: March 22nd, 2004, 2:46 pm
Location: Where your ride simply cannot go
Contact:

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby MadCrix » April 20th, 2012, 2:52 pm

cerrato is nice it comes with paddle shifters but with rear drums. also come with auto adjusting rearview mirror, when light hit sit, it dims the refelction

4 wheel dics brakes were mandatory in my seearch for a new car

User avatar
cinco
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 18292
Joined: January 6th, 2006, 3:21 pm
Location: Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Contact:

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby cinco » April 20th, 2012, 2:58 pm

but if you buy a car with everything you want on it how will you mod it lol

User avatar
MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 3494
Joined: March 22nd, 2004, 2:46 pm
Location: Where your ride simply cannot go
Contact:

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby MadCrix » April 20th, 2012, 3:40 pm

lol you doh mod a car on warrenty dawg lol
plus the only mod i doing is probably k&n drop in and instead of 215 tires i will put 225

User avatar
cinco
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 18292
Joined: January 6th, 2006, 3:21 pm
Location: Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Contact:

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby cinco » April 20th, 2012, 3:57 pm

MadCrix wrote:lol you doh mod a car on warrenty dawg lol
plus the only mod i doing is probably k&n drop in and instead of 215 tires i will put 225

buh when d warranty up you have no mods to do
those elantras bess as they are get some of the i30 wheels and some springs and you orn like socks

User avatar
Allergic2BunnyEars
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6645
Joined: September 15th, 2011, 12:32 am

NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » April 20th, 2012, 4:47 pm

You looking for all round disc brakes so you can use the car on a track?

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12773
Joined: May 22nd, 2010, 8:11 pm
Location: Not South

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby S_2NR » April 20th, 2012, 4:52 pm

NR8 wrote:
Stephon. wrote:I have yet to have a problem with southern sales service.

Prepare your angus.


ent, southern sales is rel headache and runaround

User avatar
Greypatch
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 27561
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 11:00 am
Location: On the Road....
Contact:

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Greypatch » April 20th, 2012, 5:25 pm

OP time to add the nissan juke..

User avatar
~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 45699
Joined: April 18th, 2003, 12:18 am
Location: Being the Change that I want to See
Contact:

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby ~Vēġó~ » April 20th, 2012, 6:23 pm

Stephon. wrote:I have yet to have a problem with southern sales service.


Stephon you ain't exactly old like the road eh....in fact it have potholes older than you man.....

User avatar
gt4tified
punchin NOS
Posts: 4307
Joined: May 13th, 2004, 3:17 pm
Location: in de garaqe!

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby gt4tified » April 20th, 2012, 10:48 pm

MadCrix wrote:Overall i can say it is a pretty good car at a great price range... would i recommend it.. well i am downpaying on one this week :)


To do what? Absorb hoes on the savannah......bwahahahahahahahahahaha...*wheez*

Ry, yuh kill mih dere homie! Fix it fass before I quote the entire thing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

crazychinee
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 778
Joined: August 5th, 2005, 7:07 am

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby crazychinee » April 21st, 2012, 5:54 am

~Vēġó~ wrote:
Stephon. wrote:I have yet to have a problem with southern sales service.


Stephon you ain't exactly old like the road eh....in fact it have potholes older than you man.....

Stephon probably means .. " My father does tek in he car to service, and up to now he eint hadda cuss ".

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests