TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8261
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby rspann » February 22nd, 2019, 10:41 pm

rebound wrote:Was it a random number?


Random numbers only for normal people.

Advertisement
User avatar
C_A_P
Riding on 13's
Posts: 7
Joined: August 5th, 2014, 12:40 pm

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby C_A_P » February 23rd, 2019, 6:11 am

Nismo
IMG-20190202-WA0011.jpeg

User avatar
rebound
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 766
Joined: July 2nd, 2010, 12:40 pm

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby rebound » February 23rd, 2019, 12:19 pm

rspann wrote:
rebound wrote:Was it a random number?


Random numbers only for normal people.
What would it take to be abnormal?

User avatar
eurotuner
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2189
Joined: September 15th, 2006, 3:02 pm
Location: in a Neighbourhood full of MUGEN ninjas

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby eurotuner » February 23rd, 2019, 4:23 pm

Merge to sufferers thread

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8261
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby rspann » February 23rd, 2019, 6:18 pm

rebound wrote:
rspann wrote:
rebound wrote:Was it a random number?


Random numbers only for normal people.
What would it take to be abnormal?

From two to five grand ,depending on how random you want the number to be..

User avatar
rebound
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 766
Joined: July 2nd, 2010, 12:40 pm

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby rebound » February 23rd, 2019, 7:54 pm

Lovely, just needed to know there was a way.....saw the Bently today and it was PDW2003 tho..

User avatar
LordBrandon
Street 2NR
Posts: 42
Joined: January 21st, 2018, 3:17 pm

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby LordBrandon » February 24th, 2019, 5:53 am

They made it random to stop bribe yet the bribe rate Increase :|

User avatar
Joshie23
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 1096
Joined: January 6th, 2014, 10:40 pm
Location: Southland.

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby Joshie23 » February 24th, 2019, 11:03 am

LordBrandon wrote:They made it random to stop bribe yet the bribe rate Increase :|


Lol, I was in Licensing Office on Friday. Apparently a guy paid for an engine change and new CC since early January. Went back Friday to collect said CC with the new engine number and it wasn't printed because they couldn't find record of an engine change being done but the guy didn't have the EC receipt on him so they told him once he can produce the EC receipt, he'll get the new CC. They (Guy and Clerk) started shouting back and forth, because he was trying to understand why there weren't any records on their side and how is it that a 'little stupid receipt could fix their corrupt system' (another clerk even searched the book for the day it was done and it wasn't in the book in the presence of a Licensing Officer). The clerk threw his CC receipt at him and refused to help after that. Real antics.

Meh boy goes in his car 5 minutes before closing and finds the receipt. 15 minutes later, the same engine change that wasn't 'on the system', mysteriously showed up on his new CC. They needed a receipt to print the correct CC while there aren't any records of it in their books. Some bobol probably took place on the day in question and they bumped meh boy off the system to accommodate a big fish. 'Twas a refreshing end to spending a few hours in LO.

Edit: At first the dude was pissing me off eh, because of all the small talk and I personally thought he was on sh*t. Seeing the look on the faces behind the counter after he found the receipt made up for it. :lol:

User avatar
PariaMan
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 1921
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 10:38 am

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby PariaMan » February 24th, 2019, 12:43 pm

Tesla in trini, saw it in a gas station ,lol the irony!
20190224_115117.jpeg
20190224_115244.jpeg
20190224_115239.jpeg

User avatar
INHUMAN
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1555
Joined: April 29th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby INHUMAN » February 24th, 2019, 4:22 pm

Poor car came here to die a slow death.

User avatar
Joshie23
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 1096
Joined: January 6th, 2014, 10:40 pm
Location: Southland.

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby Joshie23 » February 24th, 2019, 5:05 pm

INHUMAN wrote:Poor car came here to die a slow death.


What makes you say that?

Gladiator
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1613
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 9:43 am

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby Gladiator » February 24th, 2019, 9:54 pm

Monk BANzai wrote:it clean up and showroom....

a4 clean 01.jpg
a4 clean 02.jpg
a4 clean 03.jpg


What about the wheel well spacing... i find it to be too much. When I ask the rep he said that the "high end" version comes with an adjustable ride height but the one SS get just have it fixed. They tried to show me one with bigger rims/tiers but it looked worse...

User avatar
agent007
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 885
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby agent007 » February 26th, 2019, 3:40 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
INHUMAN wrote:Poor car came here to die a slow death.


What makes you say that?


Im assuming as soon as a Tesla leaves an authorized jurisdiction such as the UK for eg. the vehicle would not be receiving critical over-the-air updates which are vital for longevity.

User avatar
Kronik
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2140
Joined: July 23rd, 2004, 9:37 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby Kronik » February 26th, 2019, 6:51 pm

agent007 wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
INHUMAN wrote:Poor car came here to die a slow death.


What makes you say that?


Im assuming as soon as a Tesla leaves an authorized jurisdiction such as the UK for eg. the vehicle would not be receiving critical over-the-air updates which are vital for longevity.
I did see pics posted by the green energy ppl (can't remember the name right now) that brought it in where they brought in a Tesla tech to service this model S and the recently imported model X, so I don't think it's blacklisted from updates, they would have probably come up with an alternative for the standard internet connection when driving, or it would connect to their home/work WiFi

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8261
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby rspann » February 26th, 2019, 11:52 pm

They just hadda pull up next to a PTSC bus, free WiFi.

User avatar
rebound
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 766
Joined: July 2nd, 2010, 12:40 pm

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby rebound » February 27th, 2019, 5:41 am

So it needs to be updated while on the road too?

User avatar
Kronik
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2140
Joined: July 23rd, 2004, 9:37 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby Kronik » March 1st, 2019, 9:02 am

rebound wrote:So it needs to be updated while on the road too?
In the same way an Android deck works, for traffic updates, streaming music, etc. It also uses the connection to stay connected to Tesla but it's not mandatory, in the US three area Tesla's without the constant internet connection

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 20702
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 12th, 2019, 5:05 pm

Tesla Model X

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
PariaMan
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 1921
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 10:38 am

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby PariaMan » March 12th, 2019, 7:15 pm

One day we might see model 3s in TT?

User avatar
Gericia
Street 2NR
Posts: 39
Joined: May 26th, 2016, 8:52 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby Gericia » March 14th, 2019, 7:23 am

PariaMan wrote:One day we might see model 3s in TT?


Confirmed :D

User avatar
DJ Q
punchin NOS
Posts: 3359
Joined: February 21st, 2007, 9:09 am
Location: Awesome

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby DJ Q » March 14th, 2019, 8:11 am

Assuming the US$35,000 price tag, let's say $40,000 landed, can someone explain how the taxes will be calculated on the Model 3, please?

User avatar
PariaMan
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 1921
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 10:38 am

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby PariaMan » March 14th, 2019, 8:14 am

Must have vat at 12.5 and customs at 25 percent, cannot see any other tax

User avatar
PariaMan
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 1921
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 10:38 am

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby PariaMan » March 14th, 2019, 8:21 am

Biggest problem might be the 1 % and their dealerships

User avatar
DJ Q
punchin NOS
Posts: 3359
Joined: February 21st, 2007, 9:09 am
Location: Awesome

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby DJ Q » March 14th, 2019, 8:28 am

MVT applies due to the power of the electric motor.
I'm just not sure how to calculate it.

User avatar
PariaMan
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 1921
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 10:38 am

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby PariaMan » March 14th, 2019, 12:24 pm

DJ Q wrote:MVT applies due to the power of the electric motor.
I'm just not sure how to calculate it.
Do not see how it could the law clearly states by cc rhis dies not have cc so unless they change the law it should not apply

User avatar
DJ Q
punchin NOS
Posts: 3359
Joined: February 21st, 2007, 9:09 am
Location: Awesome

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby DJ Q » March 14th, 2019, 12:36 pm

PariaMan wrote:
DJ Q wrote:MVT applies due to the power of the electric motor.
I'm just not sure how to calculate it.
Do not see how it could the law clearly states by cc rhis dies not have cc so unless they change the law it should not apply


The Law wrote:“Electric vehicle” means a vehicle with an engine size not exceeding 179 kilowatts, which is
propelled by an electric motor powered by a rechargeable battery pack or other energy storage
device. ‘Other energy storage devices’ include capacitors and electromechanical flywheels that store
an electrical charge.
Where the engine capacity is expressed in hp (horsepower) a conversion of 0.746 hp = 1kw can be
used to determine engine size expressed in kw.
Motor vehicles exceeding 179kw or 240hp, do not qualify for Customs Duty/VAT/MVT exemptions
and those taxes become payable in whole without being pro-rated.


Base Model is 211kW

User avatar
PariaMan
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 1921
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 10:38 am

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby PariaMan » March 14th, 2019, 12:38 pm

So no mvt then?

Only vat and customs?
DJ Q wrote:
PariaMan wrote:
DJ Q wrote:MVT applies due to the power of the electric motor.
I'm just not sure how to calculate it.
Do not see how it could the law clearly states by cc rhis dies not have cc so unless they change the law it should not apply


The Law wrote:“Electric vehicle” means a vehicle with an engine size not exceeding 179 kilowatts, which is
propelled by an electric motor powered by a rechargeable battery pack or other energy storage
device. ‘Other energy storage devices’ include capacitors and electromechanical flywheels that store
an electrical charge.
Where the engine capacity is expressed in hp (horsepower) a conversion of 0.746 hp = 1kw can be
used to determine engine size expressed in kw.
Motor vehicles exceeding 179kw or 240hp, do not qualify for Customs Duty/VAT/MVT exemptions
and those taxes become payable in whole without being pro-rated.


Base Model is 211kW

User avatar
DJ Q
punchin NOS
Posts: 3359
Joined: February 21st, 2007, 9:09 am
Location: Awesome

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby DJ Q » March 14th, 2019, 12:48 pm

PariaMan wrote:So no mvt then?

Only vat and customs?
DJ Q wrote:Motor vehicles exceeding 179kw or 240hp, do not qualify for Customs Duty/VAT/MVT exemptions
and those taxes become payable in whole without being pro-rated.


Base Model is 211kW


211 > 179

amd-dude
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 352
Joined: February 25th, 2011, 10:52 pm

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby amd-dude » March 17th, 2019, 1:52 pm

Saw one of the ranger raptors in Debe, TDW no time to take pic, Grey and black.

User avatar
nick639v2
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1721
Joined: November 1st, 2016, 9:46 am

Re: The *Official* Trinidad Spotters Thread!

Postby nick639v2 » March 17th, 2019, 7:15 pm

Sure is not a ranger with full body kit out???

If it is true the ranger raptor should be decently priced considering its 2.0l engine

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests